Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Sure Fire Thing.. [Open]

Coci laid the black long case down on the table near the firing range. The Army of Light's practice facilities is well appointed with all the necessary targets and weapons for their members to hone their skills. The walls lined with assorted guns and rifles and throw weapons.

She unclicked the case and opened the lid, inside is her black Nightstinger, a little faded around the edges from wear, and a small white mouse painted on the side. The rifle is extremely well looked after and polished, the barrel clean of any small impediments. She takes the pieces and assembles the rifle, click the parts into their places. She gives it one last clean before she loads the bolt carriage. It is locked and loaded and ready to target practice.

At the end of the range are targets, with the outline of many different beings, and across their heart target area, the word Sith is written. Coci smiles at this.

Rosita... the love of his life... well, kind of. It is hard to be in love with a rifle. Still, that XS-09 Sniper Rifle has been his only companion for so long, during cold nights, rainy planets, muddy grounds, against bad odds... it was extremely reliable, didn't say a word, and allowed him to be as far away from his dreams as he could.

Today, Vex thought that it would be a good idea to spend some time with it, and decided to step into the firing range at the AoL's training grounds. It was not common for him to spend time there, he was usually called when there was a mission or when his particular skills were needed... but today he just thought that he would hang around the place for a bit.

The corellian Padawan inmediately saw her... the girl that he wanted to avoid and at the same time that he just coudn't avoid. She was looking at her own rifle and smiling... enjoying the moment with her special weapon... Almost inmediately, the image of her with a vibroblade... a unique white blade that seemed like a katana... then, the image disappeared from his mind and he returned to reality...

Approaching silently at the girl, he proceded to get next to her, in the following booth and took the rifle from his own shoulder and began to load it with ammo. Once he was done, he looked at her briefly while she was not looking, and before she could turn around to look at him, he fixed his gaze at the front, where the dummys to shoot where.

"We meet again" said without even looking at her, he was afraid that she would trigger another caothic vision "Guess we had the same idea"

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

@[member="Vexander Graves"]

She calls it intuition, and in some cases it might be, but in reality, it is the force that tells her of moving presences around her. Coci could feel someone approaching, but as she is not trained in the use of the force, she did not recognise the being. Until, he spoke. The only thing that moved was her head, slightly to the left, her eyes shifted in that direction but she did not turn around. Instead, she continued on her ritual with her rifle. A clear cloth gently polishing the barrel, as her hand moved, once she was satisfied she laid the rifle on the top of the case.

"I guess we have, and .. nice to see you again", she said softly with turning. She did not dare say more, the last time .. the first time .. they meet, well, to this day she did not understand or know what she had said to him, to cause him such a reaction to abruptly leave as he did. She had gone over in her mind of the conversation and could find no fault with it, but something set him off. However, she is pleased he is here now. That feeling she had of wanting him to walk back in the bar, was still there. But she is not here for that now, business and training and no distractions.

She took a quick look toward him now as she walked to the wall with the weapons. "I see you are busy with your average weapon, I guess it is all you seemed to require". She is targeting him now, his rifle is actually impressive, but why not a little bit of sport and competition?

She looked over the rifles on the wall and took some time to examine a few of them, they are good rifles and would do for her warm up. Her rifle requires rounds that are expensive and only trains with it in a limited way. However, she must in order to keep connection of the White Mouse. She picked one of the rifles she liked the look of and examined it and loaded it. Later she would also train with pistols and throws, but while she is alert, her rifle.

She put on ear protection and picked up the ranges rifle. She felt for the balance of it and nestled it against her shoulder. Once she felt comfortable, she focused her eyes on the target, she will not use the sight today, as she is wanting to train her eye as well. She focused on a human shaped target, not the heart but right between the eyes. She centered her breathing, making is shallow as possible, and listened for her heart beat. Patience is what is needed in this game, one does not simply walk up and shoot, it is an art.

Coci could hear her heart now, and most place the shot between the beat by not her, she prefers on the beat as this is better for repeat shots if they are required. Once she had the rhythm.. she fired. The rifle kick back jolting her shoulder backward, but almost instantly she was back in position for the next shot. Coci's talent is unique .. or at least, that is what she thinks, but in reality, her incredible focus and abilities are in part due to her nature, but she is unaware that she is using the force.

Average weapon? The girl must be taunting him in some way... there was no way she could think about a XS-09 in such way, specially not Rosita.

Stil, the young man decided to remain silent and just watch @[member="Coci Sinopi"] closely... analysing her technique. Placing his own ear protection, he witnessed the whole "ritual" she was following. Surprisingly, the young girl didn't want to use the scope of the generic rifle within the firing range, and instead relied on her sight.

Vexander opened his eyes widely while he caressed his his beard. The young man didn't have to feel the Force to notice that her skills were compared to those skills a Jedi had, but the breeze that surrounded her was definetely a untammed use of the Force.

Deadly accuracy without a scope... The young man looked at the girl... his interest in her increased greatly. She definetely had some connection with the Force, and he didn't feel it before, not even when they teamed up in Togruta. Perhaps that was the reason why she was causing him have visions?

The hypothesis was strong... but it was not confirmed, still, the young man had to find out and he knew how to try once again.

"You have unique skills Lady..." the young man took his rifle and proceeded to try on his own with the dummy in his booth. Following the same steps Coci followed, Vex proceeded to take a shoot extremely similar to that one the corellian girl tried... the young man didn't even look at the scope and instead relied on the Force to guide him. However, he did it in a more concious way.

Vexander looked at her and smiled... he didn't seem to brag, he normally would, but not to her; instead he wanted to prove a point "...you see what I did and how I did it? You are quite smart and I know you know... it might seem that you don't know... but deep inside you do" mysterious as always, reserved, not very good with words, but still he hoped that she could understand him.

For the moment, she did not look at him, but smiled as she reloaded the rifle. Once the it was set again, she turned to watch him fire his rifle. She noted his style and procedures in the process and put her head to one side .. her eyes watching with intent. He was mirroring her .. on purpose? she wondered. She turned toward his target to see the results of his shot, deadly accurate too, she looked at her's .. they are the same result.

"You are skilled to it seems", she smiled back at him. "I see that you mirrored my procedure, not a coincidence I believe, but why? what are you showing me?", she wondered what he meant and thought on that for a moment. There is no real reason to use the scope in the range, the distance to the targets does not require it, but he is being illusive in his words again, something she realised she might have to get use to.

"As a Jedi I suspect you use your natural talent with the force, I guess I use my intuition in the same way, or.... at least that is what I put it down to, ... but I know there is more to it, I just don't know how it comes about". She is referring to the force. She is aware of her force sensitivity, but has left it uncheck. She has the opportunity to train in it now, now that she is a member of the Army, but would it disrupt her abilities, complicate an already given talent?

She smiled, "My Knight, I am not afraid of my, .. other ability, but I do wonder if it would .. change what I have already and if that is actually needed". She is hoping for some guidance from him, and not to mention, a continuation of a conversation with him.

Vexander frowned slightly at the moment he heard the phrase "My Knight"... inmediately, he prepared himself to supress a series of images that he saw the first time she told her such term... He was no Knight, and he was aware of that... but the word entangled something else that made him feel uncomfortable.

Slowly, he began to disregard them as they came, series of images following events unknown to him... but that seemed as real as the present time. However, he prepared himself for such moment and, slowly, he began to take a deep breath and kept his focus.

Looking right into her eyes, the young man proceeded with the conversation hoping that she didn't notice his once again, odd behavior "All of us, who have connection to the Force, we all use a certain fraction of it in different situations in an unconcious way... intuition, hunches, guesses... they are all part of what the Force is telling us... even what people call déjà vus or..." Vexander stopped for a moment "memories of things that you have never experienced..." Vex pondered for a moment, she seem to have her own doubts about the use of the Force... and he didn't blame her, sometimes it felt like it brought bigger responsability and that he had to have a stronger commitment to the path he took, the one path that not many people knew...

"Change is part of life Coci... we all have to embrace it at some point." the young man took the rifle and placed it at the height of his face and looked at the trigger, slowly, his hand passed through the whole barrel like caressing it... like remembering past days when things were not as complicated... although... "But changing is not always bad... it might be different, but in the end we all learn, and is part of our development as sentient beings..." the young man sounded too philosophical, he even sounded like his master, smirking a bit at the idea, he attempted to snap out of the thoughts and words that seemed to press Coci to a road that she might not even want "...but that is what I have learned... I might be wrong... Jedi do not deal with absolutes..."

"No nothing is absolute", she whispered as if to herself, not so much from a Sith point of view, but more in line with what he was saying. In life there are no absolutes and she agreed. She turned away from him now, and prepared her next shot. She did this next preparation almost automatically, but she was pondering his words.

Was change something she is afraid of? Maybe this is why she is so stayed in her ways .. almost inflexible when others around her do not bend to her ways. But, this part of her personality is what makes her good at her job, remove it and what would be left? Would it effect her abilities to work as she does, somehow soften her and therefore remove the very things that makes her unique? Or would it increase her abilities, would it add another string to her bow so to speak, make her stronger in her abilities, but virtue of the use of the force. Maybe she is afraid, of it. She sighed internally, oh this man with the amazing blue eyes is distracting her, in more ways then one.

"Maybe you are right, maybe it is time for me to ... take the challenge", she said again softly and couching it in those words seem to make her feel better about it.

She lifted the range rifle up to her shoulder and looked along the barrel .. this time aiming for the heart. She fired .. the kick back pushing her shoulder once again, and she had dotted the " i " in Sith. She put the smoldering rifle back on the table and turned to him.

"Tell me, how can you have memories of things you have never experienced?, like you said, what do you mean by that?". She looked at him curiously now.

The question threw Vex off guard for a moment... perhaps he was talking more than he should? She seemed curious, not malicious, her face didn't seem that she really knew what he was talking about or that she meant something else.

Vexander scratched his beard... he just limited himself to look at the target she just shot. How could he explain something that he didn't even understand himself?

Looking straight to the black eyes of the lovely girl, he proceeded to explain further.

"The Force works in mysterious ways..." or so his master said "...sometimes, you can glipses of images, things that you haven't seen, places where you haven't been to... in the end, it shows you what you need to see..." the young man didn't really feel that such thing was accurate, but that is what he knew based on the Jedi Archives and on what he learned from his master "...sometimes you do not even know how you will need it or if you are looking at past, present... or future."

The young corellian was not sure about the situation himself, he was explaining something that he had problems with. Eventhough was his main focus and the reason why he joined the Order. With his explanation done, he decided to check once again at the dummy for a moment and at the accurate shot she did... but he didn't say anything else.

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

She looked at Vexander a little puzzled as he spoke, he was explaining to her about the force and what it may show users. She did not understand mostly, as he seemed to be speaking about an experience of his. But she would not press it further, he clearly looked uneasy about it, and she suspect something in his past was a factor for him to be so illusive at times. He intrigued her even more now, but time will only make them become closer and she would leave it at that. The idea of it, however, she liked greatly, especially when those beautiful blue eyes look at her.

Coci watched him look at her results of her shot, "Think you can do better?", she smiled with cheek. She wanted to ease the tension he possibly was experiencing. She went about preparing her rifle now, it was time to train with the White Mouse.

"I am not entirely sure I understand you, I don't have images like you say, but sometimes, on some occasions, I do see .. things that alert me to coming events, they are like glimpses but they help", she said with her back to him now.

In an odd an unnatural way, the young man crossed his arms and raised his chin a little bit and then he replied to her "Challenge Accepted" said with a joking tone... not quite normal for him... but there were a lot of things that the girl caused on him that made him act different.

Taking "Rosita", the young man began to prepare the shot and his rifle while @[member="Coci Sinopi"] perpared her own rifle... her special rifle.

She began to take another shot, and then told him something about images on her own about future events, glipses of things that were bound to happen in seconds... Vexander turned a bit to his booth, but looked closely at the dummy on her side.

"Premonitions from the Force... another proof of your connection to it... something that I missed the first time we met" closing his eyes, taking advantage of the fact that she as not looking, he attempted to use the Force to concentrate and to get rid of the images, although it was more like preparing himself in case they decided to resurface "Me on the other hand, I have images from the past... things that I have never experienced, faces that I have never seen, but that are related to me in one way or the other..." realizing that he was talking more than he should, he decided once again to evade the subject "... but the Force is mysterious and they do not come when I want to but when they are somehow important, just like your premonitions."

As she prepared her rifle, placing the redirection crystal into the blast tube, Coci locked all the components in place. For a moment, she concentrated on the balance of her weapon, feeling for the center, she knows this place well enough, but with use and time, it can change ever so slightly, so she does this regardless. Never leaving any stone unturned. However, this procedure is automatic to her, and in her mind she pondered his words again. Again he mentioned those images of his past, a past that he has never experienced? This is confusing her more now, how is that possible?

She turned back to him, her weapon pointed downward to avoid any accidents. For the moment, she considered him, watched him and if she is honest completely intrigued by him. She studied him more now, her perspective different from before, he is tall, dark of complexion .. handsome. His body lean and well built, and for all she knew of him now, a considerate and nice person. She could not help but like him and wanted to be around him more.

His skills as a Jedi she did not know of, but one thing was for sure, he is very talented with a rifle. Her eyes flashed back at this last result and she smiled.

"You will be a challenge indeed", she said smiling, hoping to take in those eyes. "Images of the past you have never experience, I don't understand... what .. images are they?, what in your past has happened that plagues you so?", she asked him directly, hoping only to help in some small way, she placed her rifle down the the table and walked over to him, and placed her hand on his arm in order to show her concern and affection. "I am sorry, they might be to sensitive for you to speak of, or recall, but I am only trying to help .. maybe ... ", she could not finished it, as she did not know what or how she could actually help.

Vexander remained silent for a moment, he didn't feel like talking about his past... at least no the real one, hatred was something that he was trying to avoid since he joined the Jedi Order, and hatred was what usually came to his mind when he looked at his past, his real past.

The images that came through the Force were as painful as the real past, the idea of looking at a life that he couldn't experience was not what he wanted to see constantly... Jedi Masters usually said that the Force even had humor, but what an awful way to make fun of him... the Force could be cruel as well...

Regardless of the intentions and the will of the Force, Vex still was trying to straight his mind and embrace those visions... but it was difficult when they involved the beautiful girl in front of him... still, he thought that he could share a bit...

"Is... difficult..." looking straight at her, into those black eyes that caused him the visions, he proceeded "imagine yourself living a different life, people who you do not know and that you have never seen and places that you have never been, things that you do not remember doing that are completely different from what you have done and even... some faces that you see now but that are different..." The young man looked at his rifle and reflected for a bit "...I get those images every day..."

@[member="Coci Sinopi"]

She just stood there and listened to his words, they made things clearer for her, in a sense and yet, not so. His eyes met her's and she locked onto them as she tried to work out the meaning in his voice. She had never heard of such things, or even experienced the like, but he has and is, and is trying to explain to her. Maybe she is right in thinking she should not meddle with the force, it appears to give more pain then remove, and appears to create unease in ones life then it removes. Would something like this happen to her? Is this what the force does? If so, she wanted no part of it. She can sense his pain, glimpses of it through a feeling maybe, or the force, but it is there and very real.

Whether it is a direct influence of the mood they find themselves in or something more, Coci wanted to reach out to him and simply hold him. To try and remove this pain from him, but she hesitated, even though her body moved slightly forward toward him, she stopped short.

Then she remembered his reaction to her when they first met over those drinks, the look different in his eyes, but the pain the same. Her mind raced now and a thought entered her head. Was she the cause of these images and visions he has? In some way is she responsible? She could not see how for the moment, but looking back, something deep within told her she was right. But it made no sense to her.

She looked at him now with a deep look and confusion on her face, she is trying to search him, not with the force, but through those eyes. There is a flicker or something light there, only the briefest of moments and she almost doubted herself in seeing it, but her eyes widen at the thought that she had seen these eyes before .. somehow. Maybe he is projecting images to her, not on purpose .. but something connected then.

Coci's body began to tremble, "Iam sorry, I have caused you pain", she whispered almost to herself, barely to be heard.

She was not sure why she had said that, was it because she had asked to much of him, or something more, this connection. She could hardly breath now and she turned away from him, only the shield her emotions and the tears that formed in her eyes.

The young man looked back at her with an arched eyebrow. He didn't understand how she got to that conclusion... perhaps he was being too obvious?

His mind tried to dismiss any sign of sadness, sorrow, or other signals... and instead began to display his serious and militaristic demeanor back in his face.

The young man looked back through the scope of his rifle for a moment at the dummy... without saying a word. He was trying to get rid of the images in his mind for a moment and didn't hear what @[member="Coci Sinopi"] said, nor her apology.

Instead, the young man tried to understand the visions further without her knowing... or at least he thought that she didn't know. "So... Coci..." said without looking at her "...where did you learn to shoot like that?"

She had gathered herself again, and pushed back the emotions she had felt. Coci took in a deep breath and focused on her White Mouse. It was already checked and load but she used it to buy time and settle more. She now had her shields back up, the hard exterior raised and fortified and she turned back to him to answer his question. She did not wish to however, seems he was not the only one with a past that they wished to keep hidden or untold.

"Military School on Corellia", she simply said, then turned her mind back to the first shot with the Mouse. In reality, her talent with the rifle began before that, in the Royal House of Sinopi, it began as a hobby .. for something to do while the elders of the family went about business. She had gone to military school after many hours of trying to convince her parents to let her go. She excelled there of course and it was there that she learned how to become ... cold.

"Then after that, I left and went .. 'freelance'", which was true in a sense. The resistance against the Empire and Sith was not an organised faction but clandestine group of beings with the same mind set. This form of activity is not new to her, but still none less dangerous.

She went through her normal routine in preparing for a shot, however, she took longer on feeling her heart beat as it had been racing. Her heart beat slow now and she counted the beats. Her eye keen on the target already and on the third beat she pulled the trigger.

The only indication, for where she stood, that she had fired the rifle was a soft hiss as the bolt shot out. Not even a heart beat later and the target in the range exploded into pieces. She knew she had hit the soft point, as she calls it, and generally the damage to a being is less noticable then what had happened to the flimsy target. Generally, there is no evidence that a shot had been taken at all.

She uncocked the barrel and let the cool, then placed it on the table again. "Your turn", she said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom