Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Striking Distance

With her left hand on her hip, Tahl walked off the transport to the historical temple of the Jedi. She didn't know much about them, and didn't really care to. Though she did come to seek one out; a recent contact of hers, one who she had heard of being a pretty damn skilled hand-to-hand combatant. She had wanted to learn, hone her talents so she could progress further into her matukai studies, and become stronger.

She came to a path which would lead her further towards the temple, but she stopped for this was the area where she was to meet up with her contact. She hadn't wanted to close in thinking of all the possible consequences she might face by approaching a most sacred thing to the Jedi. Though from where she was she could see multiple masses moving around. Tahl didn't mind being outside anyway; good weather. Now it was only a waiting game.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

Live each day like the last
Azrael, intent on being punctual, had left the temple an hour ahead of schedule to meet with the young lady who had spoken to him. He really wasn't sure what to think about the whole situation, but he agreed anyway. Why? Because knowledge should not be kept from anyone who wished to gain it. Though he believed in the jedi code, he also had a firm belief that knowledge was the single thing that gave the universe it's power. Eventually, he made his way to the designated meeting place, where he saw the woman waiting for him. "Hello, young lady. I assume you are the one who called this meeting?"

@[member="Tahl"]

Tahl while waiting continuously inflated and deflated her cheeks with air to keep herself occupied. She wondered where the guy was, she thought to herself, "One would think a Jedi out of all things would be early than on time or late." She hadn't really been waiting there that long, but she did grow a bit irritated standing there, alone. She rolled her eyes, and blew air from her mouth to knock a piece of hair from her face, and once she regained focus she saw someone approaching her; clearly a man; possibly her contact.

He began to speak to her, he was obviously older than her. "Oh hey there, and yeah I've kinda been wanting some training in hand-to-hand. That happens to be my specialty, which is why I've called this meeting,"she said immediately standing straight up and placing her fist on her hips. Her stance was strong, prideful, carefree.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

Azrael frowned slightly. He had to admit the meeting was a little odd. "So why come to a Jedi for help? There are many others in the galaxy with similar skills as I. Would you not wish to learn from a more... lenient teacher?" The arkanian circled her a few times, as if studying the girl.

@[member="Tahl"]

Tahl frowned a little seeing as he began circling her, clearly studying her. Well it was easier to find Jedi, and she was sure someone amongst them hand to be skilled in some type of hand-to-hand combat, or could at least direct her to someone. She raised her eye brow, and leaned in closely so that she was in his face. "We'll because your a Jedi, to my knowledge you could've been found in one of two places, this being one of them. Besides I've heard of your skills. Besides who would be able to teach it better than a Jedi?" She said with a smirk and turned around. She held her head up high, and her eyes were closed. "Now we obviously need more space than this, you know this place better than I... Soo" she said with her usual prideful tone.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

"True enough." Azrael stopped circling the girl and looked around the forest, calculating the area and just exactly if it would be a good place to train. "Yes, I believe this will he sufficient enough to train. Plenty of space here. Let us begin."

@[member="Tahl"]

Tahl smiled, and nodded, she began taking off her green jacket that she always wore. She hadn't really known how she felt about physically fighting with a Jedi. He was a peacekeeper, and he was an older man. She hadn't wanted to hurt him; especially since she didn't quite have control over her monstrous temper, and strength. Some attacks may come off way stronger than so,e, and she hadn't yet learned how to control that yet. This was her reasoning behind practicing with him today, but still she needed him to remain intact in order for there to be a lesson.

"Alrighty then. Shall we start off by sparring? Or..." She said placing her hands on her hips.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

(OOC: sorry for the incredibly short posts)

"We shall first begin by gauging just what you can do." He motioned for her to attack him. "Let us see just what you have in skill."

@[member="Tahl"]

( oh don't worry about it :) )

Tahl smiled, and assumed her fighting form. Her right leg was back, and her left in front. She was slightly haunched over, and her left fist was slightly open and in front of her face, while her right was down, slightly bent at the elbow. She jumped off her right leg and while she was coming for him she raised her right arm back to gain power. And when she came close enough she threw her arm out to make contact with his body. "Ahhh!"

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

Azrael, seeming devoid of any emotion, sidestepped the blow, grabbed the woman's arm, then proceeded to use her own body weight to push her headlong into a tree. "Watch yourself, you might get hurt." It wasn't a joke, neither a threat. He was being serious about this, as she had just rushed in without hesitation. The sooner she learned the error of this tactic, the better.

@[member="Tahl"]

Her attack was counter, and she was thrown back heading for a tree. Though she did a back flip, and caught her balance. Just in time seeing as her back was touching the trunk of the tree. She had obviously underestimated him, a mistake. She had clearly forgotten this man had more experience and training than her. She stood up, and with her mouth blew the hair from her face. "That was a really good move old man. You really know how to tango huh?" She said in a jokingly manner, holding a smirk on her face.

She ran up again this time not at full speed. Halfway in she jumped into the air, and brought her right leg up, in preparation for an aerial assault from above. For her size, there was a considerable amount of force placed behind this kick.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

Azrael stayed silent this time, gauging exactly where the young woman would land, and when she would do so. This took a matter of seconds, and once he had a good idea, he raised his hand in preparation to grab hold of her leg. Once he made contact, he would then twist it and send her flailing to the ground.

@[member="Tahl"]

As she was coming down in the last couple of seconds of her axe kick, she squinted her eyes as she noticed something. Though not in enough time to maneuver her way out of it. The man grabbed her leg, twisting it and slamming her down to the ground. She exhaled rather loud while she was laying on the ground. Tahl got up and proceeded to dust herself off. "Alright, I see what your doing, your using my own moves against me. A good strategy. Am I correct?" She said with her eyebrow raised, and her hand on her hip. This was a good strategy, something she had never really thought of or seen before.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

Azrael nodded in affirmative. "And it is a lesson you would do well not to forget. Because once you forget to use your surroundings and opponents against themselves, the same moment it will happen to you." He offered a hand to help her up, so they could spar again.

@[member="Tahl"]

She made sure she listened to the lesson at hand. She nodded to show her understanding. She reached out and grabbed his hand, accepting the help being given. "I have to admit old man, this is a really good lesson. It's different from all the hard stuff that I'm use to." She said patting him on the back. She went to her position so that they could presume sparring. "So am I to now go on the defensive" she asked with her guard up.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

"One can only be called old so many times before it starts to annoy." Azrael smiled softly at her. "I'm only thirty-seven. But... Yes, you may take a defensive stance now." He slowly began to circle her, his eyes scanning each and every possible outcome. He would need an opening, in which she gave none. Th arkanian would need to make one for himself. He took a few minutes to think.

@[member="Tahl"]

She held a smile in her face, she held in her laughter. "I'm sorry, I won't call you old anymore old man I promise." She said with humor in her voice. "Sorry that was the last time I promise hehe". She kept her guard up as he slowly closed in on her and began circling her. She assumed he was looking for an opening, but she was determined to keep a pretty good defense. While he walked in circles around her, she slowly pivoted her feet, so that she could follow along. Her hands up, in front of her face, and her legs slightly bent; planted into the ground. She squinted her eyes so that she could further focus, now she waited to see what he was gonna do next.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

Azrael let loose a small smile as the girl talked. It certainly was nice t be away from the temple for a while. Studying her closely, he looked for any possible way to break in. There. The way she followed his movements. Closing the gap, he moved to the right and then quickly back to the left, so as to confuse her. Once he was past her defenses, he would deal a hard blow to her shoulder.

@[member="Tahl"]

Tahl kept her sense about her, she watched his pattern which seemed to just be him circling her at the time. He suddenly started closing the gal between them, she had to widen her eyes so that she could keep up up with. He was moving from left or right to confuse her, and it did throw her off for a second. He dealt a hard blow to her shoulder, which caught her off guard for a moment, Tahl quickly came to, and rode with the punch, quickly grabbing his arm with both hands, she used her immense strength to lift him and slam him into the ground. She figured she was getting the hang of it, but she needed to focus more.

But of course Tahl would be hard on herself, she wanted to completely have control over her abilities, and learn as much from this lesson as possible, or it was a waste of both their times.

@[member="Azrael Iloam"]

Shawn Michaels

With a small groan, Azrael picked himself back up from the ground. "That." He paused and brushed himself off. "That was a great job. I applaud you." Bowing his head in respect, he allowed another smile. Tahl should have taken the praise well, as it was rare for him to give such praise to his students.

@[member="Tahl"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom