Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Spicy Dress

Since I was old enough to thread a needle,” Thelma replied, examining the fabric Iris had chosen. It had once been a bedsheet (“real” fabric being rather expensive for an unpaid Jedi Padawan, Thelma took thrifted clothes and other items and remade them into new clothes), and had orange and white stripes. She dubbed the project the Orange Creamsicle Dress.

Okay, now I gotta take your measurements!” She gestured for Iris to stand still while she set about measuring her with the measuring tape.

Iris Arani Iris Arani

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Oh. Heh."

Were those the colors Iris let out when she painted, then? The colors were nice. Both around Thelma and the dress itself. Well, the sheet. Iris didn't know that's what it was, but she certainly wouldn't have minded. Iris stood still then, following whatever guidance the seamstress had for measuring.

"How long have you been a Jedi?"

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Aside from the measuring tape, Thelma had Iris simply lay on top of the tracing paper while she traced around her body. She then cut out the shape and lined it up with the fabric.

For about a million years,” she replied, obviously not being serious. In fact, Thelma didn’t rightly know the answer to that question—nor was she exactly sure how old she was. Life with the Psy-Pire coven on Dahrtag had been simple and quiet. The others had no use for the telling of time. Only people with a sorely limited lifespan cared about such things.

What about you?” she asked.

...Huh,” Thelma murmured to herself in the silence that followed Iris’ departure. What a strange woman Iris was…

It wasn’t until the next afternoon that Thelma was ready for her again. It would’ve taken her less time, but she had procrastinated. There were just so many other things she could be doing, like working on other projects, starting new projects, procrastinating on other projects, and feeding her nunas.

But she eventually summoned Iris back to her quarters, where a mockup of the Orange Creamsicle Dress lay pinned to a dress form. "I gotta pin it to you to make sure it all fits you properly, and then I sew the pieces together," she explained.

Because I don’t know why you’re even asking me that question!” Thelma exclaimed in exasperation. “Just because he’s one of the few people around here I talk to, doesn’t mean I have a crush on Silas. And as for your colors, go ahead and mention somebody else to me, and see what happens then!

She began pinning the pieces of the dress to Iris. Though she had years of practice and experience, her currently flustered state had made her hands slightly unsteady. Iris was probably going to get poked by a pin or two—but it served her right for poking her nose into other people’s business.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Curiosity, mostly. You still haven't denied it you know. Classic deflection."

Iris shrugged. And winced. And again. She said nothing on the fact she was being pricked, half expecting it to be some kind of retribution for her prying. Usually, she wouldn't. Nit it did involve Silas.

"So.. Tell me. Do you like him?"

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

He’s just a really sweet guy, okay?” she grumbled. “He came in for repairs, and he was nice to me even after I messed it up. I forgot to change the color of the thread before I sewed it, so now he has a pink thread in the sleeve of his uniform.

Pausing in her work, she chewed her lip. “Even if I did like him, it would never work out between us. We’re too… too different.

Well, I am different,” Thelma replied. “And don’t act like you know everything about me just because you can see my colors. You don’t know a thing about me, lady.

She went back to aggressively pinning the dress to Iris’ muscular body. “Like I said, it wouldn’t work out,” she muttered. “So it doesn’t matter anyway.

At last, the fitting was done. Iris could see her reflection in the mirror, getting a glimpse of what the dress would look like when it was done. "Any changes?" Thelma asked.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"No, I don't know you. But I can tell how you feel about Silas. Now I'm just being protective, I suppose."

Yeah this had stopped being about the dress the moment Iris realized what was going on. At least some of it. And now she wanted to know more. .. Maybe after the dress. Iris lifted the dress a little. Smiled. Did a little twirl. Okay maybe the dress wasn't forgotten then.

"I like it. It's bright. Warm."

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Thelma was of course glad when Iris dropped the subject of Silas. She didn’t need to be thinking any more about the Padawan boy than she already did.

Yeah,” she agreed with Iris’ assessment of the dress. “It looks good on you. Softens you up, makes you look less scary. Okay, now I gotta get you out of it and sew it together…

Off came the pins. The dress went through the sewing machine a few more times, then came out fully formed. Thelma presented the finished product to Iris. “It zips up at the back. I don’t charge anything, so you get it for free. Please go away now.

Living In Color
Codex Judge

Iris_Sig.png

"Softens- I look scary wait what?" Iris blinked in surprise, just watching Thelma do her thing with the dress. Waiting for an answer that didn't come. Once the dress was done it was practically shoved in her arms and she was.. Pointed away. Out the door.

Iris just blinked again. And chuckled.

"Alright alright. I won't say anything to Silas, by the way. Just don't hurt him."

Thelma Goth Thelma Goth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom