Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Sound of Thunder (Mandalorian Raid of Ilum)

[member="Abraxis"] [member="Nicair Claden"] [member="Hype Darkwater"] [member="Nefertari Sovint"] [member="Ronan Vizsla"]

The Mandalorians were drawing back. Smoke wafted from Mara's coat, stinging her eyes; she'd taken a few direct hits. The coat had shrugged them off, but the fur trim smoldered well. She stabilized her balance and her sabre stance, watching the Mandalorians withdraw. It had been, she sensed, because of the one with the horns on his helmet. Nicair Claden, who she'd met on Crystalsong in the alchemist's castle.

The Jedi were dead, the last of them, except for the ones in the evacuation ship. Sovint had apparently parked her personal fighter back here too, so that made two ships clawing for the sky. Two ships...and a third in pursuit, the Mandalorian fighter that had fired on the grounded Padawans. It went for the evac ship, chewing into the hull, then came around for another pass. Mara stood there in steaming, bloody snow, neck cricked from staring up into the sky, and watched as the young Jedi pilot panicked, or suffered injury -- she sensed both terror and pain. The Mandalorian fighter's first pass had killed some of the younglings or Padawans aboard. Her heart clenched, her throat went tight, and genuine fury rolled up in her. Enough to really do something.

But she hesitated, because the Dark Side wasn't something she did, and in that moment the evac ship went out of control. The pilot hit the wrong button, maybe. Fire burst from the gaping cannon wound in the ship's flank: a secondary explosion. Even before the Mandalorian lined up his next shot, the evacuation ship went into a flat spin, dropping away from Sovint's fighter.

"No."

The old hull ripped in half, peeling back from the penetrating wound the Mandalorian had dealt. Mara caught a glimpse of tiny bodies pinwheeling, and then the reactor blew. Everything incinerated.

Then, and only then, did the snow begin to fall in earnest. A white curtain shielded the explosion from her gaze, dissipating it into a vague orange glow and a thud she felt through her boots. The snow melted into the steaming blood, piled up in the folds of Padawan robes, hid the nearest Mandalorians. Mara stumbled away from everything, into the incipient blizzard. Her empathic senses were oppressive static, numbing noise -- no, its echo. The definition of deafening silence. All the desperate and the agonized and the terrified were dead now, after all.

Her lapel comm crackled. "Mara. Kolatta's badly hurt. Mukami's burned. We're coming to you. Styr's holding them off.

"...Mara?

"...Mara, answer me."

The blizzard swallowed her whole.

OOC/ Thanks for a great raid, folks. I'm all done as Mara and her crew, though I'll keep posting Styr's rearguard action against Ronan Vizsla for a bit if he likes. Carry on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c24zIkPnLYI

It happened before she could do anything, and now she could do nothing more to assist.
Covering her child's ears, she let loose a strong gunganese profanity.

Nef laid in a course. More beeps and whirs rang through the cockpit.
"I have a feeling I'm supposed to be there, and I simply cannot bring myself to face the others at Exis. Not now at least."

The stars stretched as the warp drive kicked in. Ilum was far behind her, and it didn't seem like she'd be going back any time soon.

Hype watched as the Jedi shuttle leaped into hyperspace. Despite the damage, they would likely make it. Hype felt no emotion of any sort. He had a mission to accomplish, and so far it was successful. Hype did feel pain coursing through his body. His joints cracked as he stretched some to ease the tension in his muscles. He watched just as another craft had burst into flames. Again, no emotion. He figured he would head back to the surface and give some air support to any other resistance on the ground. Then head........ where? He had no home. His ship was his home, his life, he had nothing else. Head to the next bloody job he supposed. He hoped he could make some profit off of his actions on Ilum. If not, there would be some head knocking. But first, Hype needed some time in a bacta tank. Hype directed the fighter half-throttle into the atmosphere.

Undin had left from his ship, seeing blaster marks everywhere, he looks back and says "Wait here!".
After leaving the ship, he examines the ground around him, and sees some shards of broken Mandalorian armour, which he recover and stores in a bag.
His plans to recover mandalorian armour, were going great! He couldn't expect until he got his payment for the metals!
He walks further ahead to find a helmet, which he puts in the bag aswell.
He knew he wouldn't find much more, and that the mandalorians might still be there so from what he had, he quickly got back on his ship and flew back to Coruscant.

But while he was taking lift-off , he saw something shiny, that could be some more armour, so he jumped off and gave an hand motion to the pilot to wait for a little more.
While he was looking for more armour, he saw some more shards, which he quickly collected and stored.

Titan

Once again the Mandalorains had assaulted a planet. And once again Titan had been stuck on clean up duty. And it sucked. Big time, still Clan Kryze was only just beginning to make its comeback. So Titan had to do stuff like this. As he walked around gathering the dead bodies of the few Mandalorian casualties and all the dead Jedi the said Mandos had killed, Titan saw someone. He pulled out his binocs and examined the figure more closely, either it was a child, or a small-er adult, and there had been none of those on the raid. Titan ran forward, jumped, and activated his jet pack. "You there stop or die." His words reverberated through the air, amplified by his speakers, "That armor belongs to the Clans and the Crusaders not enemy scum such as you." He stopped a mere five feet away and ten feet above the child, his rifle pointing towards it.

[member="Undin Jaii"]

He heard a voice coming from behind him, he turned around to see a figure of what he tought a Mandalorian , he heard his words as replied "Enemy scum? I'm not of those, I'm Undin Jaii , and this armor was not from this battle. This is older armor, from the Mandalorian Wars. I'm recovering them for some research, but you can have them if you wish, I must warn you tought, the years have not done good to this armour, so what I found was about 30 shards and a helmet".

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

"Then it belongs to the clans. Not to dar'mandaa scum like you." Titan said,"Submit yourself, and your ship, to searching or be destroyed." He raised his gun, some Mandos had qualms about killing children, not Titan.

He was not scared of the mandalorian or his gun, he had faced worst, but he didn't mind loosing it and said "Sure, my ship is clear, I didn't bring anything to this mission. You'll find my buddy Thar in there, he's the pilot. Anyway, since you're taking away the armor and shards, might I take a lightsaber from one of the fallen Jedi? I don't think that the Mandalorians use lightsabers anyway.". He then hands over the bag with the shards and the helmet.

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

"The Hunters do, but fine." Titan replied as he tossed the child a saber, "Once we're done you can scavenge the caves. But we're still cleaning up." Titan took the bag, his HUD simotaneously watching the being in front of him and looking inside the bag. He took out one of the larger shards, "I like you kid, catch." Titan flipped the shard of beaker in the air, and went inside the ship and checked it for Beskar, finding it clean he walked out the bag still in hand. He put a tracker on the ship, and emptied the bag into a pouch in his armor, and put the helmet under his arm. "That tracker will alert us if you come here, and we won't be as leniant next time. Oh, and I guess you can have this as well." Titan tossed the helmet into the ground. He turned around, "Oh and if you use that against us, we will find you and we will kill you."

He picked up the saber, shard and the helmet and said "Thank you sir! You're very kind! If I find any armour or weapons in the caves I'll alert you! Here have my commlink number so I can message you if I find anything", he exchanges his commlink with the Mando

[member="Titan Kryze"]

Titan

"Thanks..." Titan was slightly confused at this point, "I wouldn't go in the caves yet though, a few Jedi are still there and so are a few Mandos. They'll both shoot on sight. If you ever visit Mando space and join us, Clan Kryze will welcome you." He patted the kids shoulder, like he was going to leave the kid alone, he would simply watch him at a distance.

[member="Undin Jaii"]

Undin turned on the saber's switch to check what colour the saber was and it was a Aquamarine Blue, he then yelled "This is such a nice colour!".
He then proceeded to turn off the saber's switch and put it in his belt, walked into the ship and asked Thar for a liftoff and moments after, he was already in hyperspace on his way to Coruscant, happy with his findings.

[member="Titan Kryze"]

/End Of Scene for Undin Jaii/

Titan

My life is so weird, was the thought that crossed Titan's mind as he watched the kid lift off. Then he went back to cleaning up.

The Kum'rrk fighter reentered the atmosphere and settled down near the final battle zone. The landing gear hissed as it settled into the snow with a clang. The ramp came down, and Hype exited the ship. He dug through the rubble, gathering crystals, a couple of lightsabers. Then he hauled everything back to his ship. He guided the Kum'rrk away and left the planet's atmosphere. Without a look, he sent his ship into hyperspace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom