Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Soldier's Night Out

What the hell was Zanvic doing here?

He stumbled on what was called the Solstice Vine Club, he was criticized by his soldiers over the past few months for having and he quotes "stick up his ass and has absolutely no life." It was much to Zanvic's surprise as much as his troops that he didn't have them wash the toilets for a year. It was mostly because Zanvic had pondered on what they said to him. It was true, Zanvic didn't have a life outside the Galactic Alliance Defense Force, he was created to serve the Galactic Alliance it was what the Senators paid the Kaminoans to do and it was all Zanvic knew. However with that was going on lately, Zanvic figured that he could unwind, besides when he looked at the amount of R and R he accumulated it was as long as a Hutt's lifespan.

Zanvic could try to be more than just a soldier, a tool created to serve maybe he can try to "cool" or "hip" was that what the young people were saying these days? Coming in wearing casual clothing he bought from a random shop this morning Zanvic was like a fish out of water in this rowdy place. Explosions were replaced loud dubstep, the smell of plasma was replaced with alcohol. Zanvic shuddered eyes darting everywhere forget fish out of water, he was a fish out of water and into a fry pan and the worst part is that his pants was on too tight. Zanvic must've picked one that was one or two sizes tight it was starting to ride up his crotch!

The soldier lumbered towards the bar where the bartender turned around and smiled. "What do you want mac?" he asked.

"Um," Zanvic gulped. "Can I have water please?"

"What the frack?!" the man laughed. "What is this?! Tatooine?! Come on man be serious!"

Sweat started to form around Zanvic's brow, this was honestly tougher than trying to disarm a nuke while in the middle of blaster fight.

Skyla Hawk Skyla Hawk

It wasn't the loud music that caused the floor to pulsate nor the scent of alcohol and body odor that filtered through the air but the fact that light was often compromised. She was half-Hapan and poor night vision had been only one of several traits she inherited from her mother. Sky could barely see in this lighting. This was only one of many odd jobs that she had picked up since leaving her post. She'd applied to the Solstice Vine to bus tables, initially. Or perhaps take the position of a hostess. She needed just enough work to get out of the Core.
Instead, they'd asked if she could serve drinks.
She supposed that it couldn't be that difficult. Bartend? Skyla could mix beverages together and help a few intoxicated patrons find a speeder-cab rather than trying to navigate skylines on their own. She looked up from wiping down the bartop when she noticed her coworker giving a customer a hard time and sighed. No one had any manners, these days. "Leave the kid alone, Jor. You're scaring him."
That was bad for tips.
She reached down under the bar and grabbed a tall tumbler and filled it with a mix of orange, pineapple, and namana juice. She topped it with a little toothpick sword speared through red and orange fruit and set it down in front of the interestingly dressed character. She felt out of place. He really, truly, seemed to be lost at sea. "Here, you'll like it. No liquor...But no one will know."
Sky paused, concerned. He really, really seemed lost.
"Keep an eye on your drink and don't accept anything from strangers."
She turned to wait on someone else, but, winced and turned back toward the sweating squirrel.
"And keep an eye on your wallet."

Zanvic was walk around like a lost child looking for his mother, the music, the smell of alcohol and just the disorganization. It was rather shocking to the Clone Trooper. His troopers weren't in this bar but he heard it was a good getaway place for GADF troopers if they wanted to get some R and R. Zanvic wondered if he could adjust to this life. Being born and bred to serve, it was hard to imagine getting drunk and partying with random strangers. His idea of fun was to read history of the core worlds or to find new tactics to adapt on the battlefield. Maybe even research more efficient weapons and armor for the GADF.

The constant noises made Zanvic sick to his stomach, he felt like he was back in the Stygan Campaign where he and squad hijacked a Sith Star Destroyer to destroy it from the inside. The constant noise and rumbling was eerily similar to the club it almost made Zanvic want to take his Blaster Pistol except there were no weapons allowed in here. Just then a voice called out to him causing Zanvic to whip around alert as though he was under attack by an enemy force. A woman with long blond hair and stark blue eyes stared at him, her expression looked like she was pitying Zanvic. He felt his ears heat up as sweat continued to form on his already wet forehead.

"Liquor huh?" Zanvic is a teetotaler hell he, was pretty much straight edge. He never drank nor smoked, the Kaminoans made sure of that when he was a child. Zanvic remembered being pumped up with drugs but that was standard procedure for a GADF soldier. "I've never drank this before," Zanvic reluctantly sat down clasping the Liquor between his hands. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained," Zanvic thought closing his eyes and taking a big swig...... and then coughing immediately due to his throat burning up. "It's like drinking acid." he muttered

"I thank you for your advice," Zanvic said in between coughs when the woman warned about strangers taking his things even though she was a stranger.

Clearing his throat, Zanvic sighed. "Name is Zanvic," he said smiling. "And your name?

Skyla Hawk Skyla Hawk

When he accepted the virgin drink she made and seemed like he might die from a coughing fit she glanced down beneath the bar top to see if she'd somehow added something alcoholic. Nope. There was nothing in it but fruit juice, ice, and a fancy toothpick. "Oh, I think you might have an allergy or something. Pineapple can be a little strong but there wasn't any liquor in that…"
Skyla had just been trying to help the wayward party-goer fit the part. Blend in with the crowd. No one would have known that there wasn't anything more than a little happy bump from the Namana. That was hardly anything to write home about. She'd essentially given him an out and a chance to acclimate himself but the poor man didn't seem to be having it. "I can get you something with a little less citric acid if you'd like?"
He introduced himself and she gave a polite nod in turn while moving to serve another customer. Most drinks were easy enough. Shots, ale. "Hey Zanvic – I'm Sky."
It was only the well-bred manners that she had learned in the Jedi Temple that let her multitask while seeming like she was able to pay attention to each patron all at the same time. Her fellow bartender didn't understand why she was taking care of the "poor scab" that didn't seem to know his arse from his elbow, but she shushed him. Sky had a kind heart. She would feel remiss letting someone so disordered and muddled wander through a club like this.
"Have you been to a party like this before?"

This..... wasn't liquor? But surely it tasted like it! Zanvic gulped shaking his head at his abject stupidity, boy not even an hour in this bar and he's already made a fool out of himself. "I don't have an allergy," Zanvic said finishing his cough. "I was crea- er I mean born without such defects." Did that sound right? That he was born without deficits? Zanvic was reluctant to share any details surrounding his birth. He is a Clone created for combat and even though the Galactic Alliance allowed Zanvic to fight, it was still illegal to have Clone troopers serving the GADF. So command kept Zanvic's details in his past classified. He even chose his name in order to blend right in and feel more human and less like a.... creation.

"What about Tea?" Zanvic said. Tea is a nutritious drink one that Zanvic was encouraged to consume aside from water. "I mean surely ummm this lovely place has Tea."

Everyone loves Tea..... Right?

"I'll just take a non alcoholic beverage then," Zanvic said sighing in defeat. It was hard to submit to vices when you spent your entire life resisting them. "Nice to meet you Sky," Zanvic said adjusting himself in the chair trying to calm himself down. He remembered techniques that he used to remain focused.

"Focus on the now," he muttered. Zanvic was talking to Sky, the only person who seemed not to laugh at his inadequacy. Always cherish those who show kindness and repay them in full. That's what Oola taught Zanvic.

"No this is actually my first time," Zanvic lamented. "Just trying to know what's it like. As a soldier, my home tends to be on the battlefield. What about you Sky?" Zanvic tried his best to make small talk. "Have you? The way you carry yourself, you look like you've seen fair share around the galaxy."

Skyla Hawk Skyla Hawk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom