Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A smugglers Paradise

Thalia was sitting in the local cantina on the remote outer rim world of Tatooine. She was laying low after her latest run but she could always use some money. As she took her 4th shot of whiskey she looked around for any interesting characters.

[member="Andanian Ategann"]

This was Andanian's first time to Tatooine, which was surprisingly famous for being such a dreadful place to be. The people were mostly scum and the entire planet was a giant bowl of sand and dust. Thankfully, this was Andanian's final stop on his smuggling run for the Galactic Alliance. It was the last stop for a reason, because now he was smuggling illegal, microscopic organisms to a Hutt on Tatooine. Thankfully, the smuggling run went smoothly and he even walked away with a tip from the Hutt for sticking his neck out for him.

With the unexpected pocket full of credits, Andanian decided to hit up the local cantina. Again. This cantina was nothing like the last one he had visited on Bestine. This cantina was full of strange aliens and all sorts of scum and villainous-looking characters. Andanian patted his right hip and the pocket on the inside of his coat, making sure he was still carrying his scattergun and revolver before heading to the bar. He knew there were dozens of sets of eyes on him, and not just from what was probably the only near-human woman in the cantina. There were likely bounty hunters, or at least other brands of alien mercenaries looking to collect on his bounty.

"Yes...i'll have a pint of Ithorian Wine." he told the devaronian bartender, who suspiciously eyed the human scoundrel as if he recognized him. It wouldn't be long before a group of two shady-looking aliens, both smelly Gran, of whom poked the young man in the back with what felt like a blaster pistol. "You'll come share your drink with us if you value your life, human." one said in huttese, probably loud enough for more than a few other patrons nearby to hear.

Andanian sighed, clenching a fist. Once again, step into a cantina and get threatened. He decided to play it off for now and seek a chance to whip out his own blaster and fry the aliens. "I dunno, fellas...the draft right here is pretty nice. You sure you don't want me to buy you two a drink first?"

The gran both looked at one another and shrugged, "Mm...fine. Corellians for us both. But you're still coming with us. In fact...c'mere"

The gran took their drinks from the bar and took an empty table close to the one where [member="Thalia Kaia"] sat alone, probably watching. Andanian would meet her gaze as the two gran spoke something in huttese about starships and credits. He glanced at them and then back at her, as if asking for help.

Andanian's hazel eyes snapped down to the blaster beneath her table, smirking and nodding lightly to her before getting the two grans' attention again, taking a drink from his goblet of blue Ithorian Wine, "Ahem- Yes, gentlemen, we were discussing...?"

The two gran, obviously a bit tipsy, kept their blasters trailed on the young man and tipped their heads to the side a bit, speaking once again in huttese, "We were discussing nothing. We were talking about getting out of this cantina after we finish our drinks and turning you in to the Empire"

"Well, sorry buds. I actually have a date starting here in a few minutes. I hear she can shoot the eyes off a gran from two hundred yards away..." he said, glancing at [member="Thalia Kaia"] again and winking, clearly 'giving her the signal"

Thalia is quick on the trigger as her blaster discharges and the bolt hits the Gran on the left whos chest begins to smoke and bleed as he falls to the ground. Thalia then walks towards the man whom she had just helped

"Hello there."

[member="Andanian Ategann"]

Andanian seemed to be right in his assumption. The girl was a heck of a shot. Within a second, there were blaster holes in both gran and they were both dead. It was impressive, even to him, a guy used to seeing gifted sharpshooters back in the Imperial Academy.

He stuck his leg out from under the table and kicked up a chair for her, gesturing to it, "I suppose I should thank you for the help. How about I buy you a drink? I'll even clean up the mess after we're done" he smiled, kicking his boots up on the table and lifting his glass of blue wine

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

Andanian quickly stood up, adjusting his coat and dusting himself off, and headed over to the bar. He set a handful of credits on the bar, nodding to his table. "Whiskey and a tip. Sorry for the mess." The devaronian would nod, understanding. Not a lot of people with imperial accents came around to Tatooine, especially dressed as simple spacers. The bartender figured the man was wanted, at least in this part of the galaxy, which explains the violence. It was good to have friends in low places.

The devaronian gave Andanian a shot glass of whiskey and a bottle to take back to his table. After returning the young, auburn-haired imperial native sat back back and adjusted the goggles on his head, "So what's a talented young lady like yourself doing out here on this pile of sand?" he asked, curious as well as striking a conversation.

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

It seemed to Andanian she didn't talk much. Short and sweet. Even her drinking was like that. She didn't look very old, and yet she could down whiskey like an old war veteran. She might have been the first interesting person he has met since his defection. He studied her curiously, "A run? You a trader? Smuggler? You should be a bounty hunter with a steady hand like that." he smirked, pouring more of his own wine down the hatch, kicking his boots back up on the table again.

"How convenient. I've been doing some smuggling, too. For the Alliance. Had to, so I could gain their trust. They think i'm an imperial spy. You know...the accent. It's a big scarlet letter on this side of the galaxy."

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

He blinked as he watched her tackle more whiskey. Was she trying to get herself wasted? More importantly, was Andanian going to end up doing something he may regret?

Would he regret that?

He decided to avoid talking about her alcohol comsumption for now and tried to carry on the conversation, taking notice to how she either didn't notice his thick imperial accent, or just didn't care. "Yeah...probably a good idea. What do you fly?" he asked, setting his glass of wine down and crossing his arms over his chest.

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

It almost felt like she was just around for the alcohol. It was a bit off-putting, but he shrugged it off. Maybe a drunk friend would be a fun friend. "Huh, don't think i've seen one of those before. Is it more luxurious or one of those heavily modifiables most spacers these days love?" he asked, lifting his wine to his lips once again. The beverage began to stain his lips blue, which he wouldn't notice and likely would look fairly comedic.

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

Could've guessed that, Andanian thought. Hard to smuggle without a starship with some cargo space. He assumed she flew a light freighter, but the confirmation was nice.

He nodded, finishing his Ithorian Wine, "Hard to find anyone who doesn't fly a light freighter these days. So, you do anything besides smuggle? Like steal the hearts of young spacers? Wouldn't surprise me in the least." he said with a chuckle. Perhaps it was the wine speaking, because Andanian wasn't a big flirt, but he wanted to change the subject to something else. Smuggling and starships wasn't something he found interesting to discuss with a young lady.

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

"And I have a job, what's your point?" he asked, rolling his eyes. Another one of those types of girls. Figures. His hand rubbed his right shoulder, recently wounded and still a bit sore. "Alright, if boys are too touchy of a subject for your delicate little heart, let's talk work. You work for anyone? Or do you just run around the galaxy flaunting your relationship status all day?"

[member="Thalia Kaia"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom