Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Simple Pick-Up (Pavor)

Nyx

Insert Hilarious Title Here
The job was simple.
Go to Narr Shaddaa, and pick up an object from the smuggler [member="Pavor Clauditis"]. Apparently, the object was worth millions, and her client wanted it very badly.
Unknown to her, the case she was to give to the smuggle as payment only contained a few thousand credits. That client wanted the object, but didn't want to pay for it, at all.
She sighed as she leaned against a wall in the spaceport, the case by her side as she tapped her foot.
She was waiting on the smuggler, and wanted to get this over with. She'd seen a rather attractive Twi'lek working a shop earlier, and wanted to catch her before the place closed.
Nyx simply crossed her arms as she awaited the package.
Simple. She liked simple.

"Ah...kark me!" He muttered to himself, fumbling through his vest, desperately attempting to find the matches somewhere inside his vest, in order to ignite the cigarillo currently clutched between his teeth. Currently on the ground was a filthy silver suitcase, which was only a few inches away from the hardened smuggler.

"Damn it!" He barked, quickly removing the unlit cigarillo and tossing the tobacco product into an unlit alleyway. Swiftly, he scooped up the suitcase, shuffling off down the street, a wicked grin upon his face. Finally, he reached the area in where the two were supposed to meet. His gaze fell upon [member="Nyx"], his grin still remaining. Slowly making his way over to the woman, he suddenly stopped in order to spit over to the side.

Quickly, he cleared his throat and proceeded to jog over to the woman. "Eh! You got them credits? Look miss, I'm fixin' to get outta 'ere real fast. So, let's just do this real fast and we can all get goin'!" He said, his free hand slowly slipping into one of the many pockets on his vest, his grin returning, which revealed his decaying and tobacco stained teeth.

Nyx

Nyx blinked as [member="Pavor Clauditis"] ran up to her, obviously in a hurry. Almost suspiciously so.
But what did she care what this guy wanted to do after getting paid?
Answer: she didn't.
Nyx picked up the case at her side, hefting it in her hand as she extended the other.
"Hand over the package and I'll give you the credits."
The mercenaries eyes roamed the man, bored. Maybe the Twi'lek wasn't into girls?
Eh. she'd turn her around.
As soon as she got this over with.

"Look..." He said, with a slight chuckle. "...You know I ain't doin' that. Come on, man! You think I am foolish enough to do that? Really? Damn, man!" He said, bursting into laughter. However, his free hand still remained in the pocket of his vest. "How 'bout this...I'll take a few steps back, put down this case 'ere..." He said, lifting the suitcase as if to emphasize. "...Then...you do the same. We can grab the karkin' cases and we can both be on our way." He said, his grin slowly fading.

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

Distracted as she was, Nyx did not hear the change in [member="Pavor Clauditis"]'s voice, nor see his grin fade. The mercenary simply frowned and planted her free hand on her hip, the case dangling in the other hand.
"Look," she huffed. "I'm not giving you this thing first. Here's how this works: You give me your case, I give you mine, and we both go on our merry way."
Her hand was unknowingly brushing the handle of her revolver, which to anyone watching, looked rather like a threat, even if she didn't quite realize it. She simply gestured with her head at the smuggler.
"So, what's it going to be?"

He stared at the woman, bursting into laughter. Slowly, he released his grip on the suitcase, kicking it over to the woman with his foot. "Good!? Happy?! Satisfied?! Now, hand me the case." He said, irritation in his voice. "I really need to get goin', hand me the case." He quickly holds out his hand, tapping his foot impatiently, running his free hand through his beard.

"You got ten seconds."

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

Nyx grunted and tossed her case at [member="Pavor Clauditis"], sticking her foot out to stop the one she was supposed to pick up from him. She bent down and picked it up, opening it up.
The artifact matched the description she had been given, and while she didn't know it, that artifact was worth millions. . .far more than her employer had given her to pa the smuggler. Of course, she would know if she bothered to look it up on the Holonet, but it didn't help that she couldn't read, and wasn't interested enough to bother even if she could.

The mercenary shrugged and closed the case, her arrogant smirk taking over her face.
That Twi'lek was hers. But now she was distracted, and not paying attention to the smuggler.

"Hey quick question..." He then abruptly tried to kick the woman in the knee cap, attempting to scoop us his case and sprint off into the distance, his blood already rushing and his heart pounding.

(Sorry for this ridiculously horrible, short post.)

[member="Nyx"]

Nyx

[You're fine. :)]

Nyx's eyes bugged out of her head as [member="Pavor Clauditis"] slammed his foot into her knee cap, and she collapsed to her knees, her hands on the ground.
After a moment, her head snapped up, her eyes full of hate.
That son of a Sith! Her hand grasped her revolver, and came out as she cocked the hammer with her thumb.

Three shots rang out, Nyx's aim off from the pain. Cursing, she forced herself to her feet and began to chase the smuggler. This guy wasn't going to get away with this, she'd make sure of it.

Quickly, he scooped up both cases, sprinting off into the distance. The shots blazing by him, he chuckled...until he felt the agonizing pain near his rib cage after the third shot. Glancing down, his eyes went wide at the wound but he continued to force himself to sprint, knowing damn well he'd be killed if apprehended.

Swiftly, he leaped into an unlit alleyway, continuing to sprint down the alleyway until reaching the end. Quickly, he fell to the ground, dropping both cases and applying pressure to his wound, praying that the woman would simply sprint past the alleyway, but if necessary, with his free hand, he removed his blaster, training it on the entrance to the alleyway.

[member="Nyx"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom