Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Silent Void

Her time along the Solanaceae had been an interesting one. Back when she was Sith, Vaylin had never invested much time in the witches that existed within the Empire. Fought alongside them sure, but never delved too deeply into their teachings. But now the Zabrak was desperately searching for answers, for solutions to the problem she was having.

The Force was numb to her, incapable of connecting outside of dire situations. And even then, Vaylin felt like she was being torn from the inside out right after.

She needed to figure this out, before it potentially killed her.

As the night drew on above Castle Vureshakkairn, Vaylin had the thought to try and seek an audience with the Nightmother. Which she was successful in doing...after nudging Allyson Locke Allyson Locke and Taiia Locke Taiia Locke for a favour.

She only learned of that fact the following day, and was directed to the Valley of Life, where the woman in question often frequented.

Vaylin admittedly took a more casual walk through the valley, taking in the peaceful nature as she trekked through it. The Zabrak was sure guards were watching her, likely other witches ensuring she did nothing to disrespect the land.

But she wondered what they sensed when they peered at her through the Force. From what Vaylin had been told by others, the Force flowed around her, rather than through her. As if it was ignoring her, like she was something akin to being Force Dead.

And yet there was still a sliver, a slight hum buried deep within, where the Force still remained connected.

Vaylin took a deep breath as she finally arrived at her destination, where she assumed Vanya Aklin Vanya Aklin would be waiting within the Valley.

She hoped to at least get some answers by the end of this.

Last edited:

C U R I O U S
e2WrBLs.jpg

Tag: Vaylin Vaylin

It was not frequently that the Nightmother granted favours - especially if nothing was offered in return. But today it would seem that an exception had been made after gentle nudging from Taiia Locke Taiia Locke . Vanya had come to hold a certain respect for the redheaded woman and had found herself more willing to accommodate the request when it came from her. So there she had been, secluded in the Valley of Life . . . waiting.

And as she waited, she enjoyed the world around her, the solitude of the moment, the peace it bought her. The Force moved all around her: she heard each breath of the nearby creatures, felt the wind swaying through trees, could map the trickle of the river. And she felt her sisters as they moved through the valley, tending to the flora and the fauna, practising their magick and meditating. Among all of this one had stood out, like a beacon that was out of place in the witches sanctuary.

Vanya felt the woman's approach long before she had stepped into the Valley. Her presence was a curiosity and the Nightmother understood why Vaylin would seek counsel from her. With arms crossed against her chest and obsidian eyes drawn closed, she waited. And when Vaylin arrived she did not turn to greet her, there was no pretence of niceties or friendliness - not for strangers whom she did not yet trust. "I hear that you wish to speak with me."

Vaylin hated the sensation of being watched. Even though her Force senses were null right now, her natural instincts kept her alert. Developed and finely tuned when the Zabrak had been a mere teenager trapped in the jungles of Dxun. Forced to survive amongst predators that stalked familiar grounds.

Even after more than a decade since, they were still sharp as ever.

Not that Vaylin would capitalise on them should the situation call for it. She was in unfamiliar territory, and more importantly a guest. Being allowed into the castle was one thing, many others were welcomed that night. But this was a sacred domain for the Solanaceae, and she wasn’t going to overstep her welcome.

Taking a moment to take a deep breath, the Zabrak stepped on forwards and into the Nightmother’s domain.

Her attention briefly flickered to the surroundings, but quickly fell onto the woman in question. Vaylin dared not waste time being distracted, not when time was incredibly valuable to her host.

That I do, Nightmother.” Vaylin spoke quietly, staring at the raven-haired woman’s back. She gave no indication, no reaction to the fact the woman didn’t face her. After all, the Zabrak was a stranger, a nobody to anyone present here. It was something Vaylin expected.

And I know you’re incredibly busy, so I’m ever grateful that you have permitted me an audience.” With those words, Vaylin bowed in respect to the woman before her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom