Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Silent Call For Help

Objective: Don't Crash

Wr7G1jzl.png
Ever the direct one, Charlie asked Jyoti straight up about her fear of crashing.

Busted.

"...no, no honey, I'm just practicing good habits," the Echani tried to explain as she waved her hand dismissively. "When one had been flying as long as I have, you tend to get complacent. Skipping steps or ignoring checklists altogether. Never get lazy, that's when bad things start to happen."

She turned to look down at the glass consoles, hoping to avoid any more talk about crashing. "Yes, you will do it manually. There will still be the computer to guide you, but you'll be in complete control. I will deploy the satellites."

A few minutes later, they finally reverted in system, the sight of long blue shafts of light replaced by a dull red orb in the distance.

"Depressuring hangar," Jyoti reported, now working the cargo controls. "Depressurization complete, opening bay doors and releasing satellites."

In the back of the corvette, the dorsal bay doors slid open, followed by handful satellites being spewed out by an internal pressor beam. As soon as they were clear of the Herriman, their thrusters activated and they began to spread out to establish a geosynchronous orbit around the planet.

"Deployment complete...now you're clear to land."

[member="Cao Cao"] [member="Saria Messoa"] [member="Elise Ike"] [member="Milo Corr"] [member="Charlie Nooran"]

Objective: Make Jyoti’s hair whiter

Charlie stared at her Master as the woman waved off the Padawan’s question, but Charlie knew better. If she had been sitting in Jyoti’s seat she’d be a bit nervous as well, though the woman had nothing to fear. Charlie turned her attention away from the Echani co-pilot and shook her head.

With everything ready, Charlie looked over the console and began to prepare the craft for landing. There was a mark that she needed to hit so to do so she couldn’t just pilot the craft straight down into the planet’s atmosphere full speed unless Charlie was in the mood for jam. Comms lit up and Charlie relayed any information necessary and they were set for clearance. Everything was going according to plan for the most part. The ship began its slow down on the geosynchronous orbit, following the orbit of the planet – this made Charlie’s life a whole lot easier. To help the ship slow down even more, she quickly rotated it spinning it so that the ship’s top was now its bottom. They continued along this path slowly down moving backwards along the outskirts of the planet’s atmosphere, when they had slowed down enough, Charlie rotated the ship back to its proper positioning.

The nose of the corvette started to move upwards, giving them a forty-degree angle, this would help continue to slow the corvette down and allow it to not burn up upon entry. Slowly but surely the decent began and Charlie exhaled. She mused happily as she continued to keep the Corvette steady upon their decent.

“See, nothing to worry about Master.”

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Wearing: 451 Suit (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/136742-451-suit/)

Piloting: Scorched Earth (http://starwarsrp.net/topic/136853-scorched-earth/)

Armed with: Wind and Fire Wheels (Twin blue bladed lightsabers)

Heliosphere (Curved hilt orange bladed lightsaber)

Syd did not like enclosed spaces.

She'd been trapped in a chunk of nullification resin for over three centuries. She'd developed claustrophobia as a result. It wasn't as intense as it could have been, because the intensity of her emotions were deliberately dulled in comparison to naturally made beings. Still...it was very unpleasant. She squirmed in her skintight, red and gold, chrome-like metallic combat suit, her fiery red hair tied into a ponytail today, instead of long, curling locks that went down to her back. Her orange eyes blinked as she piloted her starship, a Republic Sienar Systems Star Courier that had been heavily modified. Her claustrophobia made her once-home lonely and cramped. Its interiors were quiet save for the hum of power.

The Scorched Earth was a turtle. A snapping turtle. It was slow, and its manuverability was definitely far from adequate.

But it made up for these shortcomings being armed and armored to the teeth. Its primary weapons had triple the range of other cannons on a ship this size, and its secondary weapons were taken from specialized TIE Interceptors, which were already capable of taking out small asteroids in one hit, now modified to fire much, much faster. Its armor was Quadanium Steel Matrix Armor, its shield heavily reinforced.

You could shoot at it, hit it easily, but that did not necessarily mean you could bring it down before it brought you down.

She was coming to Jakku looking for a Sith Marauder. She was starting slow, looking to test her abilities before trying to take out the nastier customers.

She was just eager to be off this ship and out in the open. She had one major advantage coming to Jakku...

All the desert heat would make for excellent food sources and generation of fire. She hadn't been in a duel in about three centuries, being trapped in a chunk of nullification resin. She was rusty, needed to see what required improvement...and how far her skills had slipped.

In truth, though, she was not planning to use her fire until required. Her creators had stressed her bladeship to be just as important as her primary ability. And it was.

The Marauder himself was not local talant. Rim-worlder. But deadly with Djem So and Reverse Shien. Had killed a score of knights recently. She'd volunteered to go after him, with the curiously unpleasant stipulation of bringing him in alive.

Syd, programmed to destroy Dark Adepts, would obey the annoying order. It clashed with her nature. But she would obey it.

She realized she had made a bit of a mistake though as she entered Jakku's atmosphere.

It was night. Jakku got icy cold at night. Her suit would protect her from the worst of it...but her abilities would be weakened...significantly...

Her ship's perhaps overly sensitive sensors detected the ship [member="Charlie Nooran"] was piloting. She sensed the Force on the ship, but very faintly, though she was close.

She sent a friendly SJO ID greeting to the vessel as her own passed by it. She knew it was Jedi, but she was not exactly certain who.

Syd begin to toy with the idea of asking for help. She was a pragmatist. If overwhelming odds brought a Sith in alive she would need all the help she could get.

As she got closer to the ground though, she sensed a very potent darkness close by, radiating almost...was that the marauder? Or someone else?

If it was someone else...didn't mean she had to bring that one in alive also...

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

[member="Elise Ike"]

Elise woke up rather refreshed in the morning, walking out to the still chilly atmosphere, it would warm up quick, but such a time was key to get some decent food a prepare for the day. Walking out her eyes once more fell upon [member="Milo Corr"] as he came back to the small emcampment, dragging some scrap along with him. "This place contains many dead and a long history, I guess you could say I scavenge for bones instead of scrap, I may be a 'you know what' but I have do have a job, one that I rather enjoy".

Collecting some small food stuff the youthful looking woman slowly tagged along with Milo, wrapping a small turban like attire around her head to block out the inevitable hot sun. "What about yourself? trying to work up enough money to buy a ship? or you thinking you can find something of interest here, because I don't think a Sith space hulk form the cold war can be topped by some imperial SDs".

[member="Syd Celsius"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z
Expecting [member="Milo Corr"] to be arriving shortly he went to work on setting up the forge to get it in working condition. Not long after he heard the knock on the door, and he knew it was him. However, something darker also felt close. Nonetheless he got up and headed to the door and opened it. The large individual leaning much of his upper body out of the door way as he towered over the two individuals.

Two?

He was sure that last night he only spoke to one person, either what he laced his own drink with the night before was effecting his memory or his new friend had found themselves a new friend. Blinking some, the Epicanthix looked down at the two of them, and saw the scrap that he'd asked for on the sled. "Nice work Milo, now it's time for me to fulfill my end of the deal." After that he backed himself up into his forged. "You're welcome to come, you and your friend here." After finding the small locker in his house where he keeps his credits he spoke again as he waked back to them, money in hand. His forge looked more organized then the rest of his house, one of his Swords to the side. Presumably just in case of something unfortunate happening. "Forgive my manners miss, I'm Cao Cao." He said to the young women. "My I have the pleasure of knowing yours?"

[member="Elise Ike"]

It seemed she had been fortunate in her approach...the sun had risen and that meant it would not mean an overly cold night of searching...she could do this in relative comfort.

The Scorched Earth settled on the dune sands, close to where she believed her fugitive Sith to be hiding...and also conveniently where she had felt the other presence from orbit.

She was eager to be off this ship, as she had been in transit for a long time now, and the stress of being in such an enclosed space had been distinct and lingering in how unpleasant it was.

You are a slave. You will die a slave.

Yet again the Sith's words echoed from the recesses of her memory as she retrieved her blue bladed lightsabers, clipping them to her belt as she exited the craft out on a landing pad in the small settlement next to a row of other ships. She paid the landing fee, and the lightsabers on her belt were more than enough to make sure everyone in the vicinity would think twice before trying to steal it. Also, it was a heavily armored death machine nobody here had the skill to pilot.

She paid the docking fee and then immediately set off into the desert, its hot sands having its heat conducted through her metallic boots, providing a source of nourishment as she walked. For some reason, reports claimed her target had gone into the deep desert. There was no where her target could run that she would not follow.

Syd walked slowly across the hot sands, feeling the sun shine with an unforgiving brightness and heat to others, but merely pleasant to her as she walked, calmly and patiently. She could not hide her presence in the Force through normal means. But she didn't want to. She was created to want to let them know she was coming.

Syd enjoyed the relative freedom of her surroundings at the moment. The freedom only fulfilling her purpose gave her.

She had been giving it thought as to what she could do. Her schedule had been strict with The Resistors, not so with The SJO.

She half considered a civilian identity. Preferably one that was low key. She just wasn't sure which one or if she should even try.

She had plenty of time to think about it as her path put her on the one that was getting ever closer to [member="Elise Ike"].

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

[member="Charlie Nooran"]

Charlie landing method wasn't expected, better suited for some unshielded shuttle. Yet they did land safe and sound. Along the way, they were pinged by Ms. Celsius who appeared to be on her way down. It was a pleasant surprise, Jyoti inviting her to join them as a bonding exercise. However, she seemed to be on a different course entirely.

What were Celsius' plans?

"That was impressive, but you could have just flown us in. Herriman actually doesn't have the aerodynamics for classic reentry. That's where our shielding and repulsorlifts come in. Well then, we're here. Why don't you go out and introduce yourself to the villagers? I'll be right behind you, I need to check in on Syd Celsius - she passed us by on the way down."

From her console, the Echani sent an encrypted text message to the Scorched Earth. Just a friendly greeting and an innocent request to learn of the woman's objectives.

Now it was time to stretch her legs. She unbuckled her seatbelts and slipped on her cream cloak hanging behind her chair. Loose Jedi robes were just perfect for this kind of weather.

[member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Syd Celsius"] [member="Cao Cao"]

Charlie unbuckled herself and awaited the praise she fully expected. She received it for the most part, but there was still a lesson to be learned it all of it. The padawan looked at the Master with a slight pout as she nodded. Ideally, she was hoping it was going to just stop at impressive, but Charlie in the end did appreciate the lessons. Looking at her comm she pulled up information on Jakku, the place was like Tatooine. She hated Tatooine, it was hot, sticky and no relief.

Exhaling, she tried not to whine about it just yet. They had just gotten here, and she could be completely wrong about the planet. It may end up being a place she liked? Heading towards the exit, Charlie looked over at Jyoti and nodded. “Of course. I shall get us a red carpet.” Soft taps of her boots echoed against the metal ramp and she stopped. A sharp breeze blew into her face and she was hit with the sudden heat off the sand.

Cheeks puffed as she internally died from the heat, ears red and she sighed heavily. “I hate heat…and sand. Sand is stupid because it’s hot.” Kicking the sand, she headed towards the villagers who seemed to forego anything that had to do with technology. Blinking, Charlie walked up and began to introduce herself to those that stood guard.

They seemed wary of her, but for the most part welcomed the small force user. Looking over her shoulder, she wondered how long her Master was going to be, “Ahh Master Nooran should be arriving shortly, she’s just taking care of something.” The two that stood guard at the entry gate nodded, it seemed she had done well enough to get them access to the village.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Cao Cao"] [member="Syd Celsius"] [member="Elise Ike"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z

A day or two after helping out his acquaintance off this dusty old planet, Cao worked on a light shipment of metal tools for the village of Tuanul in the Kelvin Ravine. Taking one of the few transportation services that could take the large man out of Cratertown with his product.

Right now he'd just finished his last shipment for the foreseeable future. While out in the town Cao looked up to see a ship fly over, and with it the sense of some Force Signatures. Which was odd, only a few nights ago did he pick up on one out in the desert night. Maybe it was just some good luck to sense some other Force Sensitives on the lonesome planet. Seeing the ship land outside of the village Cao wondered for a bit why they would come here. But it was none of his business.

All he knew was that his was thirsty, and with the Jakku scavenger credits to spare, he head into the nearby establishment where he could get himself a drink. After entering the large man needed to mind his head unless he wanted to drag it across the ceiling or keep knocking into it. After getting a shaded booth he received his drink he pulled out a certain something that he'd had with him to add to his beverage.

[member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Syd Celsius"]

Syd got a text from her comlink. Encrypted channel. [member="Jyoti Nooran"] wanted to know why she was here.

As she walked the desert she transmitted back on her link: Here to apprehend Sith Warrior alive. Spree Killer. Thirteen Jedi dead so far. Duelist. Has been designated with the Codename OMEGA RUSH. Highly dangerous. Uncertain of ability to capture alive, rendering probability of lethal outcome high. Request assistance if possible. Walking the sands. My presence in the Force will no doubt stick out like a sore thumb to you.

The Geist caught a flare of darkness, spotted an outcropping of natural rock towers. He was there. She sensed it. She sent another text, along with coordinates.

Possible target Acquisition. Investigating...

The Geist sent a smiley face at the end of the text in an attempt at gallows humor, pulling out her lightsabers and striding to the rock towers, situated in front of great rusted space hulks of various ships.

She had done the death trap runs before, persuing a man into a territory he knew very well, and had likely booby trapped to the teeth. But no matter what the traps were destroyed in the end or overcome for the simplest of reasons:

So long as no innocents were in the way, she'd burn every piece of out of place junk and obstacle to the ground to reach her target. They either got smart and dropped their weapons, or they got stupid and tried to bring her down.

She was deeply concerned about the directive to take him alive. She wasn't certain she could. She did not have the same range of force abilities as others. Her core force abilities would never be fully mastered. She could not even use Juyo. Her mainstay was the various nuances of heat and flame and convection. What materials were flammable, and what were not. What materials heated faster and which took longer. This was not an ability that was useful for too many things beyond making everything around you a graveyard.

Syd had made a lot of graveyards.

The real challenge would be learning how to only put someone in a hospital instead of a bodybag.

[member="Elise Ike"]
[member="Cao Cao"]

((OOC Note: OP told me that they performed a small time skip on their last post, so I'll adjust accordingly. Currently posting in the past before the time skip.))

[Then]

Celsius was quick to return her message, relaying that she was presently tracking down a homicidal Sith Lord. That sounded about right for the Celsius, who while only having been with the Silver Order for a short time, had become standout from her dogged determination to eliminate dark entities when she found them. On a certain level, the Shadow appreciated the woman's fiery zeal, only just tolerating many as a matter of realpolitik (Jedi were easily outnumbered by Darksiders at a factor of 3 or 4 to 1, meaning they had to pick their battles), but she would definitely have to keep a close eye on Celsius to make sure she didn't go too far.

Currently, she found nothing wrong with Celsius' current mission on Jakku, though, so she would allow her to proceed without issue.

The Echani messaged Celsius back a few minutes later:

"This appears to be a serious threat, I'll definitely be there to provide support. Expect my arrival within the hour, I still have a prior commitment to fulfill here. I'd advise you not to engage with the Sith until then."

With that, she left to cockpit to meet Charlie outside, who she found chatting with a few of the locals. She waved at the villagers before pulling Charlie aside for a moment.

"Apparently there's a Sith Lord floating around on the planet. Ms. Celsius is tailing them now, and she asked for help. Can I trust you to oversee the installation of these moisture collectors while I'm gone?"

[member="Syd Celsius"] [member="Cao Cao"] [member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Elise Ike"]

[Then]

Charlie was pulled aside by Jyoti and the small padawan looked up at her tall Master. Blinking quickly, her little face lit up with excitement. To hear that a Sith Lord was lurking about made this adventure even more exciting. Alas, she was asked if she could stay and make sure that the moisture collectors were installed properly for the village. She looked over her shoulder and nodded, as much as she wanted to disappear off into the desert and hunt the Sith – Jedi had more than fighting as a responsibility.

Her excitement faded from her face, but she forced a smile either way. “Of course, Master, I can handle this, consider it done.” She held up her hand and gave her Master a smile and a peace sign as she began to pull away from the woman. Stopping, her smile faded, and she brushed back a loose strand of her long dark hair. “Um. Be safe out there and stuff.”

[Now]

Charlie had been working with the villagers installing the moisture collectors. They had decided to work closer to the evening hours as the sun wasn’t bearing down on them as violently. The small padawan had struggled with the heat, but she was getting better at dealing with it. Standing in her pants and a tank top, she frowned and continued to dig with the rest of the villagers.

When Jyoti had mentioned overseeing, she had expected to be overseeing – not so much getting her own hands dirty. Still, she was happy to help. Waving her hand, the villagers took the queue as it was time or a break and some food. Charlie wandered over with the rest and began to share a meal that was prepared by some of the older members of the village. It was nice to see everyone working together – everyone had a part to play.

Laughter echoed from the village, but one of the elders wandered over to Charlie. “Hey hey, we’re low on some juice, you should see if you can get some from one of the establishments around here.” Charlie nodded and headed towards the cantina, inside she was able to find some shade and she sighed with a bit of happiness. Looking around she saw a character with a death stick, she stared for a moment – curious about the item, but then turned her attention to the bartender.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Syd Celsius"] [member="Cao Cao"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z

As Cao was adding his death stick to his beverage a new comer entered the establishment. However, what caught his interest was that they had a similar Force Signature from when the ship flew over the village. Cao guessed that all he could hope for was that he wasn't in trouble with anyone. But he learned a long while ago that the galaxy doesn't revolve around him.

Shrugging to himself he brought his beverage to his lips and drank. Quickly the effects of the drug were taking effect on his mind. Whether it was for better or for worse the effect of death sticks on him these days weren't the same that they used to be. Cao had developed a kind of lesser immunity to them. Meaning if he wanted a better experience he'd need to take more. But he wasn't looking to loose himself, just make him and the world around him feel better.

Regardless, the large, and lonely force user sat alone at his booth and contemplated about what to work on for the foreseeable future on the dust ball of a planet.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]
[member="Syd Celsius"]

[member="Cao Cao"] had been an interesting person enough to talk with but there was not much reason for her to stick around his small junk place for any long period of time. She had her own little jobs to do along with the new presence of what she could only assume to be Jedi, quite some strong ones at that. A master and a padawan almost and knight level along with a nearby signature of something else. It was not dark persay but mystical... possible a spell user that would be fun to see, but such did not explain their reasons for being here.

Jakku was pretty much a barren waste land, even Tatooine had more reasons to visit which made her conclude several things. They were here for some force artefact or her herself, the latter being more troublesome. She had wanted to remain in the shadows just a little while longer, but if the force had other ideas so be it, she would wait and see what these Jedi did, Elise making her way back to town, resting at the entrance of the dinky little bar.

She heard small amounts of laughter, hearing somthing about the Jedi helping around in the village with water collectors, typical Jedi do gooding one would expect. Still that only answered for half the group, that strange signature of the other individual still nearby along with the possibility the Jedi master could see through her false light side projection. If such were to come true it would certainly be an interesting spectical and experience, it had been far too long since Elise has a proper duel.

[member="Charlie Nooran"][member="Jyoti Nooran"][member="Syd Celsius"]

Syd received the message from [member="Jyoti Nooran"]. But she was already quite close to the towers of rock. No question now. The dark presence was there. Waiting. Daring her.

But the Flame Geist was patient. It would do as Jyoti asked and wait for her arrival. She went to a lotus position in the sands, meditating under the hot sun.

You are a slave. You will die a slave.

Once more, Syd was forced to push aside those words from her first kill.

They had grown more cutting, the longer she thought of them. And she had thought about that Sith for a long time trapped in that chunk of nullification resin and left to rot in a cave. How is last words were not a plea for mercy, but simple confidence she would share his fate: to be written off when there was no further use to be obtained. And it had happened.

The darkness seemed to move closer, and Syd flinched a little, not understanding the intent. Was her target curious.

Syd was patient, watching for any threat. But none showed from the sands. As she waited for reinforcement, she pondered the idea that the Silver Jedi might do what The Resistors of Darkness had done to her.

And for all her time spent trapped, she still could not understand why. She had done as she was commanded to do. She never faltered. Never tired, never disobeyed. She had done exactly as she had been made to. Exactly.

Syd shuddered at the idea of being imprisoned in resin again. An amber void where all you could do is scream and scream and scream...

They wouldn't do that, she reassured herself, getting her reduced fears under control. They wouldn't.

They wouldn't...

Would they?

Syd continued to meditate, waiting for that dark presence to make a move. She focused on more peaceful things, like relaxing in a nice, hot pyre, letting the wood burn under her psyonic shell, feeding her...

[member="Elise Ike"]

[member="Cao Cao"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom