Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Silent Call For Help

Zane DeZorroe

Z
katie-hallaron-starwars-final3.jpg
Over 800 and a half years and there was still worth while junk on the planet. Seriously, say what you want about the Galactic Empire but at least they indirectly allowed Cao to make a living. Creating so much hardware only to leave it all in the sand would probably be considered irresponsible anywhere else. But here, let's just say people wouldn't be here if there wasn't any. As the desert began to cool with the sun going down Cao could leave the door and windows to his forge open to let out some of the pent up heat and let in the cooler desert air. On his little estate and in his forge Cao hammered away on the metal today's scavengers had delivered to him. The sound of metal on metal being the only noise to cut into the air on this night, as well as many others.

I was tiresome work, but it was good for him he thought. I allowed him to kind of turn off his mind and let time pass without dwelling on the past. It was like a drug for him almost, a drug to make him forget, if even temporarily. It was that "meditating", which he always thought he was doing wrong since it never calmed him down. If anything it made him angry. He heard that an angry user of the Force was a Sith, does that mean he's a Sith? No, he can't be, but as far as he can tell he ain't no Jedi. At least from his understanding of what a Jedi was. He doesn't thing he could ever be one, he believed he was too far gone.

It was then Cao realized his work was slowing down. He had to wave these thoughts away from his mind, at least for now if he wanted to complete his work. After that he can ruminate all he wants, and suffer another nightmare because of it. Having one once a week was normal right?

How he found himself on this planet was a mystery. Just a night before he was enjoying the fruits of his meager credit bounty, laden with liquid vice and bright colors before... Nothing. A face full of sand and the bitter taste of regret. Drinking one's cares away was never wise, but it was easy, and that is exactly what he sought.

In his ratty and ragged coat the vagabond rose from the ground, rubbing piles of wind-blown sand off with grubby hands. At least I look no different than normal, the man thought as he began to trudge through rising hills. "What planet am I even on?"

Squinted eyes looked over a rapidly darkening horizon, searching for any sign of life beyond the wreckage of wars gone by. Biting on his tongue he lifted up a hand, closing his eyes. Novice, initiate, those are words which might give others a false impression of his expertise in the Force. Bare minimum is perhaps the proper term, but whatever is there he would use, selfishly so.

Reaching out into the force was unnatural, he was unfamiliar with such a notion, and months previously it was just a dream. Yet with what he had learned through basic practice, the transient would use what meek will and power he had to try and sense something, anything, or at least create a force signature against the sweeping sands.

[member="Ackra Gaz"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z
Standing still in his forge Cao froze. He felt something, something he had never felt before. Like someone was around, but when he looked he saw nothing. Yet Cao still felt it. Was there danger in the sands this evening? The very large individual stepped out of his Forge and into cool, dry evening air. It was still there, yet he saw nothing. This must be something with the Force, what else could it be. Anytime there was something extraordinary he pointed the finger at the Force.

Stepping inside quickly he grabbed his sword and head back out, closing up the shop and forge before he did. He'd hate for his home to burn down while he was gone. Stepping outside and into the shifting sands Cao could feel the sense getting stronger. Looking around he'd gaze upon the horizon, and the dunes that spotted them. Still not seeing anything he continued.

However, after not getting too far from Cratertown Cao found what he was in search for. An individual, walking along in the ridge between two large dunes. Making sure his sheathed sword was on him, he'd approach.

[member="Milo Corr"]

Hands clasped about his arms to preserve heat in the rapidly cooling desert the individual kept his head down, only lifting it to spot any shifts in the environment. Born upon a planet of durasteel and duracrete, the sands and dunes were foreign to him. Even in his various galactic treks he did not set foot upon one such as arid as this.

With his head lowered the transient did not spot the approaching figure, almost running into him before he lifted his head. The Epicanthix was far larger than he, the vagabond nearly stumbled over in surprise as lifted eyes looked upon the individual's head. "H-hello!" He stammered, hastily straightening his back and dusting off the sand once more. "I didn't see you there-" he spoke, taking the moment to examine the large humanoid. "I- ah. I got a bit lost, y'know? You wouldn't happen to know the best way to... Uh... A spaceport, would you?"

Milo was nervous, that much was clear, having never been accosted by a stranger in the wilderness. Surely not one as tall as this, either.

[member="Ackra Gaz"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z
Tilting his head some Cao was able to understand now that why he was sensing someone all the way out here. They were lost, and these Dunes were the worst place to be lost in. The desert could've proved fatal since they were wondering in the wrong direction towards civilization. Bringing up one of his large arms Cao waved him over as a sign to follow him. "This way, we're fortunately not too far from Cratertown. I can help you there." Cao told the lone wanderer.

Feeling that the stranger was of no harm to him he turned his back some and began to lead the way back to civilization, there he could help this man find his way back to wherever he needed to be. "I'm Cao Cao by the way, but you can just call me Cao, it's very dangerous to be out and about like this, just from the elements alone." He said over his shoulder to the man.

[member="Milo Corr"]

"Yeah, I -ah. I figured." The man followed behind the large figure, one hand resting in empty an empty pocket while the other idly thumbed at a small Alliance Starbird that hung from his neck. A novelty item worth little more than a few credits. "Cao Cao? Alright. I'm Milo Corr, a pleasure to meet you in the middle of nowhere." He picked up his pace a few steps, trying to match the longer strides of the other. "If you don't mind me askin', where are we?"

"Thank you for comin' out this far and findin' me, if you were, ah, lookin' that is. I'll be honest I was, obviously, a bit startled when I saw you. How tall are you?" Milo began, licking his lips as he tried to walk adjacent to Cao Cao. He seemed to have more than a few questions, but took the conservative approach and only asked one. Choosing the most childlike one to ask first, a sign of naivety despite apparent age.

[member="Ackra Gaz"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z
Cao would try and made sure his long strides didn't outpace his new acquaintance. Walking, he'd listen to what Milo had to say after introducing himself. "You're on Jakku..." He said, eyes shifting to his side to look at him, an eyebrow cocking as he did. He wasn't gonna ask how he got here since part of him felt like they didn't even know. Then the shorter man asked how tall he was.

"Well the last I checked I was over 8 feet by imperial measurements." He was actually 8.2 feet. "And don't worry, my neighbors still have a hard time getting over my height. When you're not around you kin it can be kind of strange being so large." Soon after leading Milo over some dunes they made it to the settlement of Cratertown. "Sadly there's no spaceport here in town, but the next one over does. There's an inn in town if you care to rest before catching a ride out if you wan't. It's just that night rides cost extra." Cao explained to the man the best he could how to get to a spaceport from here.

[member="Milo Corr"]

He nodded twice in acknowledgement as they arrived at Cratertown. "Oh, great, I can- ah..." His hands rummaged around empty pockets, searching for credits. He reveals a single standard First Order coin, furrowing his brow. "I'm not askin' for charity, but do y'know where I can find, ah... A bit of work." He said shrugging, stuffing the coin away once more.

"And where are you from then, if you aren't a native? What would make you want to move out to a planet such as this?" Milo was inquisitive, passing the time as his mind tried to mentally piece together a course of action so that he might get himself off this rock. Though the large figure did pique his interest. A distressed call through the force had brought him, he assumed. Was it by chance, or something else?

[member="Ackra Gaz"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z
Looking down at the man he saw the small, lone coin, even leaning down to get a better look at it. After leaning up he spoke. Cao asked, clearly thinking that if suitable he could aid him in his forge. "Follow me." Leading him some more they'd pass the town and to the outskirts of it to a small homestead.

But then Milo asked another question, turning to look back at him he spoke. "I'm not from here...." He said, leaving it at that without answering anymore. Clearly something was up that he didn't want to talk about at the moment. Getting to their destination Cao opened the door to his house and spoke back to Milo. "Come on in, sorry if it's a little messy." It was a small room with some furniture and lots of salvaged metal.

Reaching down on a small shelf with several bottles he picked one up and got himself a cup. Pouring himself some of the fermented http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Tuanulberry_bush]Tuanulberry[/url] beverage. After that be picked out a small red tube and poured that into the cup, mixing the two liquids. "You want some, I'll warn you though it's not very good." Nonetheless he'd pour another cup, this time without the added red liquid in case either Milo wanted a cup or he'd wan't another round.

After all that he took a seat on his couch and spoke once more. "So, tell me, are you any good at working with metal?" He said before taking his first sip.

[member="Milo Corr"]

Following the Epicanthix with his eyes, the vagabond took the man's response as a sign to stop pursuing any further questioning, slipping into a silence until they arrived at the home. "Oh, I don't mind. You should see mine," he said, as if implying he had a place to stay at all.

"Yeah- yeah. I'll give it a try, always worth it, eh?" Milo reached out to grip the cup and take an experimental sip before blanching. The liquid was harsh on the throat, and the second sip was no better. "On Empress Teta I used to scrap some of the old landspeeders and crashed swoop bikes that could be found abandoned on some of the lower levels. You'd be amazed at what people throw away carelessly."

The transient moved around the room, inspecting the various piles of scrap and other hanging goods, surveying it and taking a mental notes. "Wouldn't say that I am anything comparable to a smith, though." He returned to his drink, daring to swallow a mouthful. "I guess you're a scrapper then?"

[member="Ackra Gaz"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z
"Of a sort..." He said, referring to the scrapper question. "When there's no one to bring in salvaged metals and what not I do I myself. Then I bring it here and smith useful tool and items for Cratertown."

Leaning in some from his seat, Cao realized he was practically the same height now with him sitting down. "I'll make you a deal. Bring me back some salvage from the old rebel star destroyer North East of here for me to forge and I'll give you enough to get to the next spaceport and some. How's that sound?" Cao figured that it was a very fair deal, they get to help each other out.

By now Cao was able to start feeling the effects of his beverage. Feeling his connection to the Force wither for the time being. "Also one more thing..." Getting up some the large Epicanthix rummaged through some of the metal and picked out some metal mugs. "I made these for the Inn in town. If you deliver them and let them know they're from Cao, I'm sure they'll let you stay for the night, since I don't have room to house you."

[member="Milo Corr"]

Objective: Don't Crash

Wr7G1jzl.png

Back to Jakku.

Last time she had been here, it had been to clean up a botched raid on large criminal gathering that had happened there. Thankfully, this time it to carry out the simple task of delivering some new vaporators to some local residents in need, and conduct surveys for future projects.

"Only a few minutes out," she told Charlie from the copilot seat. "I plotted our jump to bring us out to real space at geosynchronous orbit to deploy the resource satellites. Once those have been launched, then you may continue with landing procedures."

The Grandmaster didn't have as much time for field work like in the past, but she snuck away from Kashyyyk here and there to continue training her apprentice. Today was an especially important topic.

Flying lessons.

Reflexively, she tugged on her seat belts, finding the buckles all secure. Good. She wished for the best but knew this was the first time that Charlie would be attempting a manual landing outside the controlled environment of their home system. Just in case, she had the secondary controlled primed to override at a moment's notice.

Hopefully, she wouldn't need to intervene.

"If you have any more questions before going in, now's the time to ask."

[member="Ackra Gaz"] [member="Milo Corr"] [member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Josh DragonsFlame"] [member="Syd Celsius"]

It was ironic, how this planet could be scorching hot during the day and ice cold in the night, prettifying any organic that was unfortunate to pass away in the sandy dunes. The individuals water content evaporating within a few hours, the skin left dried out in the cold, body's being covered in sand. A very crude but interesting form or preservation taking place, the same hot heat and zero degree temperatures preventing bacteria or insects from getting at the skin. Coupled with this place being a former battlefield, hundreds of people dying during the galactic civil war all one had to do was walk around to find a corpses. They were just as numerous as the ships still hanging around, years of corrosion still not getting past the strong structural beings of the Empire and Mon-cal.

Needless to say it was good for business, there were many people who paid a decent amount for the remains of famous pilots and ship captains from many years ago. It also gave the youthful looking woman a cover for her current investigation into a strange structure she and some Jedi discovered a while ago. It was certainly the find, but exploring the place proved to be time consuming, Elise having to take up temporary residence in the nearby settlement of Cratertown. "Hmmm certainly a cool night tonight... though I have a feeling things will get interesting around here".

[member="Jyoti Nooran"] [member="Milo Corr"] [member="Ackra Gaz"]

Milo bowed his head twice in quick succession,"Thank you thank you," he said before throwing his head back and draining the last of the drink. Setting it aside he walked over to retrieve the metal mugs, holding them with care despite their material. "I'll make sure this gets to 'em. You've been a great help to a stranger."

As he stepped out of the door he paused and turned about. "You don't happen to have a sled that I could use to pull the salvage with, do you? Might make the whole trek easier."

[member="Ackra Gaz"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Elise Ike"]

Zane DeZorroe

Z
Thanks to Milo it reminded Cao of the fact that he did have a sled when he needed to go savaging himself. Perhaps his beverage was making it hard for him to think straight. Getting up from his chair he went to the second room of his, the Forge. Rummaging around in it for a good second he came back out with it. It was a simply sled with some tarp and sacks with it. "Here you go, and don't mention it."

Now with his new acquaintance suited up to an extent for the short journey ahead. "If you fork over that First Order credit of yours you may be able to catch a ride to the star destroyer and back. Some of the sacvengers commute together and some even make a profit off of the travel. It's not necessary but it beat the desert to most of them." He advised.

[member="Elise Ike"]
[member="Milo Corr"]
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Today was the day, she was going to learn something very important, something that every young apprentice learns from their master. Charlie held onto the controls and bounced somewhat happily in the pilots seat.

She had flown a few times before, but the first time was co-piloting with Jyoti watching the screen of the fighter, the second time was in the same fighter during the campaign that Coruscant fell. Both times she had assistance either from Jyoti or an astromech droid.

Not this time.

Glancing towards her Master she frown slightly seeing that the woman was preparing for what seemed to be the worst.

“Mmm do you expect me to crash Jyoti?” her voice judging, but still its chipper sound.

“Will everything be automatic, or do I need to manually launch the resource satellites? If not will I ever?”

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Drawing the credit once more he gave it a longing look before nodding his head. "Of course, guess I don't need it anyways." It was a sort of lucky charm to him, to part with it was like to part with a friend.

"I'll be back then!" Milo called before moving away from the forge, dragging along the sled like a child might drag a string-pulled astromech. He wandered the outskirts of Cratertown, seemingly lost as he had forgotten to ask for directions, only slipping in to deliver the mugs to secure a bed for the night.

This place was a backwater, by his standards, and lacked many of the luxuries that even he as a vagabond was used to of his home planet. But he'd get by as he always did. Finally spotting the transport, taking one last group of scavengers out to the wastes before dusk set in full, he used up the last of his wealth procuring transportation to the wreckage of old.

There was enough durasteel plating out here to create a fleet, if one was willing to go through the process of collecting it all. Electronic bounties remained hidden under piles of sands, uncovered like pearls in a clam. Mouse droids and other bots, or what was left of them, we're like small bounties to be uncovered here and there. But most of the bounty was just plating.

The work was hard, by his standards as one who would sooner shirk his duties chasing the fancies of unobtainable treasure over menial labor. Nonetheless he set about his task working with other scavengers, sharing tools and drink as they tore through metal like one might paper.

Only to return to the transport when the star was long gone into the night.

[member="Ackra Gaz"]
[member="Elise Ike"]
[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

The night was not the best time to be out, but space lag was not something one could easily get over, though it was night her back on Atrisa it was the middle of the day. Still it led to some interesting sights, scavengers using the cold atmosphere to reach more out of the way wreaks one would use to much drinking water trying to get to. People making ice in the almost freezing conditions, hoping to make a quick buck tomorrow, or the odd person getting in last minute to rent a room.

Today appeared to be a latter, a familiar face and force signature being present among the salvage areas in the small town, [member="Milo Corr"] seeming to have missed her, but in turn Elise certainly noticing the young force sensitive. "Ahh youth, I wonder how he ended up on this planet? I know he does not own a ship, or good at flying, hopefully the boy wasn't dumped here by some no good smuggler". "I'll have to talk with him when he gets back"?

[member="Charlie Nooran"] [member="Ackra Gaz"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

[member="Elise Ike"] [member="Milo Corr"] [member="Charlie Nooran"][member="Cao Cao"] [member="Jyoti Nooran"]

The lower deck of the Magestic Wanderer was dimly lit and poorly heated. As Saria walked through the barely lit passage, her breath came in white puffs, but she wasn't cold, even in her bantha leather jacket, matching crop top, and skin-tight flight pants. The exercise of pulling her magnetic clamps into place was more than enough to warm her, and put a sweat on the Twe'lik's brow. It was tempting to turn the heating on, but Saria was a professional on a mission; she didn't have the funds to waste on a little extra warmth.

Saria was on her way to Jakku, a planet that she had never visited yet and had no desire to do so. It was hot, junky, pointless, and filled with the poor. If she was interested in getting into more filth, she would go and find somewhere else that was more fun. But this was a job. On the books, she was here to grab some discount, junk weapons and dump them on the market. Her job off the books, was to grab and curie some intel from her mysterious contact she knew only as "Mister X." How the hell would she know? According to what she heard, "Mister X will know you." How wonderful.

She sighed, stepping on the YV-666's turbo lift and riding up to the much warmer upper deck. The durasteel door opened, and the frustrated Saria strolled out onto her command deck. Her flight boots clacked on the flooring, announcing her presence until she halted. A soft snoring came from one of the passenger rooms. Saria gave a loud cough and the snoring stopped suddenly, followed by a loud clatter. A Trandoshan form quickly stumbled out of the room, looking slightly bleery-eyed.

"Hey, Diggs, vigilant as ever, eh?" Saria asked with smirk.

"I was just preparing my weapons for the next attack," the Trandoshan said with no small amount of irritability.

"Uh-uh, sure. Well, go right ahead and prepare us out of Hyper space, we should be coming in on Jakku soon."

"I was, uh, just, uh, about to do that," the reptile said before turning and moving down the way corridor to the cockpit.

Saria smirked. Diggs' real name was Digzissokr, but that was too rough for her to say in pretty much any context, so Diggs was his name, like it or not. He was easily 25 years his senior, and for his species was approaching venerable. She had saved his life in a shoot out when he was on the throws of death by patching up a blaster shot to his chest and getting him out of that hot zone. He had sworn a life debt to her, and was following the Twe'lik around ever since. The Mystic Wanderer's hull stopped shuttering as it reverted to real space. He was handy, despite his age.

After the Wanderer settled on Jakku's surface, Diggs came out of the cockpit wielding a massive blaster rifle, "Let's go."

"Nope," Saria objected buckling her gunbelt around her waist, "This is a job for me. Subtly and persuasion over power driving, ok?"

Diggs grumbled something in his native language setting his rifle down.

"I need you to guard the ship, around here you never know who will try to steal the plating off our ship," Saria reminded him as she ambled towards the turbo lift.

"Your just saying that to make me feel better."

She shrugged, "It worked didn't it?"

The lift brought her down to the blazing surface of this garbage heap of a planet. Saria blinked the sand and heat out of her eyes as she looped her fingers through her belt. Time to find a stranger on a planet full of strangers. No problem, right?

Returning from the wastes with a sled full of scrap, salvage, and a few electronics, Milo hopped off of the transport, casually returning to the forge. Though what he did not expect to find was a familiar figure he had met on an expedition not long ago.

Waving them down he approached, still tugging on the sled. "It is good to see you again, ma'am, though it is a surprise that you'd find your way out here-" He said motioning around. But instead of remaining idle to talk he motioned for them to follow. He had a bounty to return to the helpful Epicanthix, and more questions to ask.

Approaching the forge he would knock twice before going to check over the goods he had collected.

[member="Elise Ike"] | [member="Charlie Nooran"] | [member="Cao Cao"] | [member="Jyoti Nooran"] | [member="Saria Messoa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom