Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Shark in Dark Waters

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay knew that life debts were serious things. She had one already with a sworn enemy, a Trandoshan named Vinssk. She saved his life, so then he owed her.

She waited until he had finished speaking before responding to his points. It wasn't as though she had wanted to interrupt the big guy. "I will call off my brother and his friends, so you needn't worry about them. And the bounty will be rescinded. As for hiring more bodyguards, [member="Gray Raxis"] isn't one at all. He's my friend. I didn't expect that you'd bring so many with you as I didn't feel as though I was much of a threat to you. So I didn't feel the need to bring many with me."

Kay tilted her head to the side a bit as she thought about his last questions. That certainly wasn't what she thought that she was portraying him as. She had come across far worse than him. No doubt she'd run into worse in the future. "No, Ghorua, I don't think of you as a monster. Even though I was just a living bag of credits to you, I had thought that you would have been more...careful. But regardless, I do feel as though I could trust you with this. My gut feeling tells me so, and it is hardly ever wrong. I don't always listen to it, mind you, but when I do it's usually right. And given that security is your job now, plus the fact that trouble finds me almost everywhere, this life debt shouldn't last long."

Kay looked to the others in the room, feeling quite small in the presence of everyone that towered over her, even though she stood a modest height of 5'7", before looking up to [member="Ghorua the Shark"] and holding out her hand to him. "I'd rather that we work together than be enemies."

[member="Darth Orcus"]

Coming to a halt in front of the Wooden Cabin Graaf dismounted his speeder bike and sniffed the air. "Seems like im late..again. Damn." he told himself and looked at the window of the house. He could see several people including the Boss [member="Darth Orcus"]. The two whale men were inside along with two other humans [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Gray Raxis"]. Was that a Trandoshan? Graaf tilted his head to the side some in confusion. Walking up to the porch of the Cabin Graaf stared into the house through the window wondering what was going on. The only thing he could see was the female human extending her hand toward [member="Ghorua the Shark"]? What? Was there gonna be peace? The Karkaodon was some what lost now.

[member="Dagorn"]

Gray watched the scene taking place before him and was pleased to see it was going peacefully. He was also pleased to see that [member="Ghorua the Shark"] boss [member="Darth Orcus"] was going to stay out of it for now. It seemed they were as interested in what happened here as much as he was. That was good news, and it seemed [member="Lady Kay"] was doing a good job of keeping things from escalating too much. Now it was just a matter of seeing how Ghorua responded to Kay's earnest comments.

Gray shifted his weight a bit in place as he kept his eyes on things. He didn't things would go south by this point, but you never knew in these kinds of situations. He had been in too many peaceful positions that turned violent in a hurry in the past to take this situation at face value. It was becoming apparent though that Ghorua had made sure he had as many bodies on his side as he could, but quality often meant more than quantity. The only problem was the quantity he brought with him also had quality to them. Orcus and the way the Trandoshan carried himself were prime examples of that fact. It wouldn't matter though at the rate this meeting was going though because no one was going to need need to pull out their weapons. All the better for both sides in his opinion.

[member="Graaf Zalec"] [member="Dagorn"]

Ghorua looked down at Kay's outstretched hand. An internal battle seemed to go on in his mind, debating whether or not to get sucked into a deal like this. With finality, the Herglic stretched out his own hand, took the Lady's gently, and shook, careful not to break her wrist. "Your gut is pretty stupid. But, I'll try to fulfill this debt to the best of my abilities."

To be honest, Ghorua had expected a far different outcome. He had forseen Kay posting his position on the bounty itself, and then a whole army of goons would try to collect. He and Orcus would fight them off, and show them that this bounty was not profitable. The situation had worked out better for both parties, however. Being a good Bounty Hunter, and a decent person, meant putting aside grudges, and moving ahead.

Ghorua turned around to Orcus and gave an apologetic smile. "I may have need of a bit of a hiatus, Hion." Ghorua crossed his arms, and whistled. From deeper within the cabin came a light growling. Bones, Ghorua's white massiff, came trotting in, tongue lolling. The hunter's pet padded around his legs lazily, ready to finally leave the cabin.

Turning to Gray, and then to Kay, Ghorua's low bass voice filled the wooden structure. "So, when do I start?"

- [member="Gray Raxis"] - [member="Graaf Zalec"] - [member="Lady Kay"] - [member="Darth Orcus"] -

Kay-Larr

Kay smirked at the mild insult after he shook her hand. But she just shrugged it off. It isn't as though they were on the best of terms.

The whistle and the sight of Bones made her a bit less easy. She had encountered the beast before, while trapped in the razer net. At least this time she didn't appear to be threatening.

She glanced over to [member="Gray Raxis"] , [member="Darth Orcus"] and the others before looking to [member="Ghorua the Shark"] . "You can carry on your other work. I'll keep in touch and contact you if I need help. Though of course if we find eachother on different sides of a conflict on the battlefield, I trust that you'd get me to safety or ensure that I am not collateral damage."

With the Sith civil war finished as far as she knew, more than likely they would be flexing their muscles against the Republic again. That could put her in danger.

[member="Graaf Zalec"]

As everyone exited Graaf could not shake the dumb found look on his face. Here he was armed for battle and yet everyone seem, No were friendly to each other. Looking around the karkarodon paused some staring at his equipment. The doctor was kind of sad he was not going to be given a chance to assist in battle once more. Suddenly his comms on his armor began to buzz it was his assistant from the office. " Yes?" he asked answering the call.

" Dr. Zalec your lunch break is over. Your needed in operating room #1,3 & 8" her voice said aloud. Dropping his Rifle to his side Graaf looked to the sky and groaned. Lunch passed that quick?! Damn.

" OK! I'll be there soon..." he paused and hung up the call. " Poodoo! I could of enjoyed my steak..." he said aloud eyeing [member="Lady Kay"], [member="Ghorua the Shark"], [member="Gray Raxis"] & any everyone else outside. The hospital was a distance away and speeder bike was not going to cut it, besides the bike he rode here was rigged to explode if he turned it on again. Pressing a button on his wrist there was a loud boom far far in the distance. It was an explosion. Soon black smoke could be seen rising into the air.

With a big sharp teething smile Graaf looked around with his black beady eyes.

" So anyone wanna give me a ride back to the hospital?" he asked

Gray continued to sit back and keep quiet as [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Ghorua the Shark"] worked out there deal. It seems that the big man was willing to accept the life debt, which brought a smile out of Gray. It seemed there was going to be no fighting today after all, which was great news. Thing were not in his and Kay's favor for a fight, and likely wouldn't have ended well for them. The only problem was when she was going to call on Ghorua for that life debt, and how [member="Darth Orcus"] was going to respond when that time came. So things got odd though when a big walking shark came to the door disappointed that he wasn't going to be healing anyone. That was a first for Gray, and he had seen some weird stuff before. He watched the shark be leave, and then turned his attention back to the scene before him. He wondered how this would finish playing out.

[member="Graaf Zalec"]

Ghorua nodded his head. Her terms seemed fair enough. And with that new bounty on her head, it wouldn't be too long before this debt was fulfilled. The Shark figured his physical prowess could match that of almost any bounty hunter dumb enough to try to put their mitts in his business. Ghorua also had figured that Kay was a trustworthy person at this point. She was a politician. Making and keeping deals are kinda what they do. Well, most politicians.

Ghorua didn't consider himself to be honorable by any means. He didn't hold himself to any codes of conduct. He lied when necessary, stole when he could, and murdered if he had too. But one mantra he did hold zealously was the art of self-preservation. He knew what it was like to be afraid, and tried to keep himself as far from that fear as possible. Hence the genetic modifications, and this deal. In the Chaos of the galaxy, one has to be either the biggest fish in the pond, or have the fear of being eaten. Which was why he intended to not break this deal. Not because he felt any sympathy for what he has done, or whatever, but because of the fear of what might happen to him if he broke it.

Ghorua began to walk to the door, halting shortly to whistle for Bones. The Massiff galloped beside the Herglic. Looking to Kay, to Gray, and then to Orcus, the newly-indebted hunter grinned, his sharp teeth shining dully in the minimal lighting. "I'll expect that call, Mi'lady. I believe our business is done here. A pleasure." With that, Herglic and pet walked out of the cabin, and began the long trek to the nearest city.

- [member="Darth Orcus"] - [member="Gray Raxis"] - [member="Lady Kay"] -

Kay-Larr

Kay eyed [member="Graaf Zalec"] and smirked a little at his disappointment. He may have wished that there was a battle, but she didn't. The sound of the explosion in the distance got her worried though. Would they think that they were under attack? As far as she knew, no attack was approved by her.

After seconds had passed and [member="Darth Orcus"] seemed to be more curious than enraged, that relieved her worry. And when [member="Ghorua the Shark"] seemed calm on his departure, that put her more at ease too.

Kay walked over to the table and sat back down. That was so close. Though everyone hadn't left yet, she was confident that she had successfully avoided bloodshed and got most of her stuff back. No threats or anything needed to be issued. Of course Kay was terribly saddened at the loss of her lightsaber, it was as Ghorua had said, just an object. Was it time for her to move on after the death of her husband ten years ago? Maybe. But then again she wasn't so sure that anyone would want to take that risk.

[member="Gray Raxis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom