Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A separation

Smoke...

The blue foreend of the cigarra mellowed. The herbal essences of dried leaves smoldering into the stale apartment air. A brown bottle of liquor clinked against the others long emptied. Warm colours of bronzed orange flow cascaded over the rocky cubes of ice that sat pride of place in the opaque glass.
The wall sat cracked, what was left of the insulation within spilled out into the dimly lit space. The board held itself centrally on what was left of a wooden pallet stack. Images ran with string one to another, the hologram resolution projecting out towards space. Faces, images every piece of information that one would need, scrolled below. In the blue fonts casting shadows and rays over the grey room.

He exhaled. Grey and white wisps dispersing to linger upon the ceiling. He rolled the dark bronzed hilt in his palm. The metallic reflection of what light filled the room ran up his arm. The hairs standing on end due to the temperature. Chills of winter left a glaze of condensation along the single glazed pane of glass holding out the harshness of the outside rundown Himalayan streets. The rest of his arm rippled with scars and a flurry of monasterial scribings tattooed into his forearm.

He ran his hand over the last name on the list. An X covering off the face and the light fading to black. Blood still speckling the sleeve of the dim brown coat. Rebels, Terrorists, Anarchists and everything else that stood hard against the state of Imahalayan. Assassination, suicide bombing. All plans all attempts all that come to nothing. Yet here he was, at last, the remnants from the last seven months of hard work fighting watching climbing out of the pit after pit to keep his promise safe even if those he made the promise to forgot of his existence.

Six months, six months he had sat in clinging jungles of humidity and insects. Every day he would wake up at the same time go to the same place with the same people and enact through the same rituals. He had found solace in ritual. The power that didn't exist, a separation of mind from body. A change in time and the current. But now he was back. Last month, he had cleared up some old business. Some dissidents that could not or would not listen to reason had to pay the same price as so many others that had come before them.

Now he could surface again. No more running in the shadows. Avin had done his time for this planet. For this queen. For his master. His journey for true understanding has to end in the same place it had started.

Avin stood, his coat falling to his knees. The muttering of talk came from the family next door. Sounds of jeers and cheers whispered through the alleys as Avin graced the streets. His mindset in one place. The small house a top of the hill. The pit and the tree would be his bed for the night. On the morn, he would greet her once more.

[member="Stardust Raxis"]

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She looked out towards the city, having arrived back after mandalore she sat quiet in her home, she couldn't leave for such time....wasnt safe with the death watch seekiing to cure those with the force...even after they went in to save anyone that needed it

It didn't matter however, she k we this place was safe for one reason, not just her now standing army but a invisible hand that stopped any evil from getting to her, she wondered a but where he was and smiled to herself, he was close very very close in fact

She closed her eyes and called out in the force to him , whispering gently to him

come to me...its been to long...

She went back to her house and entered knowing he'd come in due time

Stardust Raxis said:
come to me...its been to long...

[SIZE=10.5pt]The feeling of her presence, her sensitivity entwining with his. She was right it had been too long. Far too long...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The sun crested atop the hill its clawing orange fingers brushing over Avin's face, his hair grown out a dark slicked helm of black and brown. Stubble ran along the cliffs of his jawline up his chin and encircled the mouth. His eyes a dark oak opened to see the house in the steam of a morning frost. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]The porchway creaking underfoot as he moved forth to the door. His hand grasped the cold metal handle his other pressing against the doorframe.[/SIZE]

He leant his weight onto the door frame and ran his knuckles over the door three times before lowering his eyeline to the floor.

[member="Avin Starfire"]

Morning came through the house, bright and early she always rose to watch the sun as she meditated on the force before going straight to business wirh her food and getting her child fed before she would review anything she received and confirmed

Except today would be spent with a old friend, a close old friend at that someone she trusted just as much as her sister who was a sith Lord. She got the house tidied and everything where it should before she decided to meditate

A rasp at the door got her attention and a all to familiar presence, she stood slowly and moved towards the door before she opened it and looked to avin as she smiled proudly

come in avin, I believe we've lot to talk about

She said waving for him to enter and take a seat in a couch tea already prepared and steaming as she waited for him to enter and sit before she did herself

Walking in through the doorway Avin felt memories and anxieties rush back to him. A lot had happened here that changed his life, and primarily for the better. He was taught to control his connection to the force, to use it not just in anger but in peace.

The tea caught his nose and draw him over to the couch to which [member="Stardust Raxis"] had sat beside. He followed and took a perch on the edge of a couch opposite.

Yes, we do...

His voice escaped his throat with a rough tone that stems from too many lonely nights of drinking in smoke-filled rooms.

[member="Avin Starfire"]

His voice had changed so much, she felt it was partly her fault sending him in defence of the planet....had he even heard about the droid invasion that took place not even two months ago?

you've changed my appretince, much more rougher and scruffier....remind me of a smuggler I read about long ago

She said and chuckled as she sighed and brought the tea over with the force and sat them down before them as she picked her up and sipped the tea

tell me about all you've done since I sent you out on your mission

He sat sat down across from stardust. His leg perched atop his knee and he took a cup of tea from the brown talbe in front of him.

"Well its a long story and not very interesting but I may as well start somewhere."

He took a sip and leaned back into the couch's grasp.

"It all started after the changing of the council. That's when the insurgents fled into the less populated centers. Anarchists and terrorists alike seemed to join forces against everything Imahalayan stood for. Obviously, that was unable to happen. A course had to be set to remove these groups from contention of planetary control. So if there is one way I know how to get rid of terrorists and criminals its to pay real terrorists and real criminals to do it for me. It was through this effect that I used what money I had been able to get from selling off a bunch of old first order fighters that just happened to go missing and end up in a hidden cargo bay on Kuat that only I knew about, how weird."

His face twisted into a smile before he continued,

"Alas, the credits allowed me to pay off a group of bounty hunters and guns for hire to go camp to camp and make their leadership disappear. as one can imagine a lot of in-fighting tended to break out between the core insurgent groups. What must have been about three months in the largest of the factions were closest to wiping each over out. So my team of undesirable and myself were on a mission to end the group once and for all. However, as with all plans, it did not go spiffingly well."

Avin finished the last of his tea in one last gulp, placing the cup back on the table.

"Yes well as I was saying the leadership of this group baited us out of the system and dropped us into a battle over Dagobah. Don't ask how we got there that is a whole other story for another day. Alas we managed to destroy a good portion of their ships, enough to end the insurgent threat once and for all, however, I may or may not have flown into an ion cannon blast and crash landed into a swamp losing my ship and droid along with it..."

He grimaced.

"That's when I met them. Even now I cant tell you exactly who what or why they were there or if they even were they might have just been my brain hallucinating. They taught me about myself, about the force of everything really... Days started to feel like hours and weeks would just drift by and with nowhere else to go I had nothing else to do but train. Me my weapon and the force. Cave after cave. Trees, swamps beasts, and wonders that no one should have to witness."

He looked up

"I was picked up about a month ago, im sorry I wasnt here when the droids came. I wasnt here when you needed me most and I failed you. But I am stronger than ever before and I wont fail you again my master."

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She listened to him as she nodded and closed her eyes taking all that he said in, she found great peace in knowing that the rebels were gone and that the threat was gone....least those that were brave enough to stand up to her past mistakes she made before the council was in place

She kept on listening and got a neutral face when he went on about his crashing into dagaboh....she laughed to herself remembering her experience with the planet and her evil twin she had killed there, she looked to him reaching out with the force to feel how strong he was and smiled proudly as she stood and looked to him

You did not fail me, likely the rebels would've allied wirh the droids and it wouldve been chaos, you prevented a bigger threat. Now then avin I think you've earned this

She activated her lightsaber as she put it above the left then right and spoke

I ,Stardust raxis your master, hereby grant you the title of knight. You've been the best student I've ever had and have made me proud avin...and I know you'll never fail

His posture changed from a tight frustration to meet her eyes while she spoke before falling to one knee in front of her and lowering his eye line to the floor. The blade hummed beside his ear and he felt the warmth. He felt a shot of pride unfelt since first climbing out of the gutters for the second time. He felt something else, an emotion he had known only once before. One that he had told himself that he wouldn't allow ever again. But there it was persisting in his head and chest.

"I... vow it in my life that I won't let that happen. I will stand with you whenever you need me and I promise I will become powerful enough that those from any faction wont be able to do what they have done to you. To your people."

He closed his eyes and calmed his emotions before standing once more before her.

"I can't thank you enough, you've given me everything from a time in which I had nothing. You've shown me the light and taught me to find the dark... I could not have had a better master in this galaxy."

His head shifted upwards to meet her gaze, his own eyes a deep brown met hers as he spoke. His emotions were causing his stomach to knot and his chest to beat as he looked at her and just hoped she wouldn't notice.

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She looked down to him as she gave a smile, she was beyond proud even more so, she heard him and listened to him as she closed her eyes and nodded. She believed every word he said and smiled brightly as she looked into his eyes and saw something she had seen just a flicker of before...

avin I see something in your eyes that I've seen before but this now is extremely...like a fire unhindered by anything to burn bright

She sat down and got to his level as she smiled at him as she spoke calmly

don't be afraid to tell me avin, you can trust me with whatever you say and I won't judge

He broke eye contact with her, his intense gaze of dark oak eyes making contact with nothing but floorboards. A surge of anxiety he had kept restricted deep within himself flowing through his veins with much the likedness of a second bloodflow.

"Do you remember what happened at your party? We walked through town and down into the nice area remember. There was a fountain and it was a warm summers night. Do you remember what you said to me there?"

He stood up and strode across the open space to the nearest window he could find. He pressed his hand against the latch and gently lifted it to the unlocked position before pushing gently against the force for the pane to slide outwards. An icy breeze glanced across the arches of Avin's face.

"I do... I remember every day what you said to me, but more importantly what I said back."

He took out an old Cigarra case and placed one between his lips before scorching the end and exhaling a smoke of herbal dried leaves and burning paper into the cool morning air.

"I remember turning away from the only thing that I had ever been sure of for what? My own selfishness!? What did I think I was going to do huh defeat the first order singlehandedly and run from my own emotions, from you? How long was this meant to go on for?"

He exhaled another cloud out of the window and sighed flicking away what was left before turning back to her gaze and moving over to her chair.

"Star... I think..."

He took her hand in his gazing into her eyes of emerald green.

"I think I want to be with you for the rest of my good days. I... I think the emotions I have held inside of me for so long are for you."

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She looked up at him a bit confused, however she nodded and listened to him as she started thinking with each and every word he said...remembering a time where she messed up and needed up losing so much and him...she felt that breeze come in as she felt it wash over the room like a wave of realization...or assumption, she started thinking quicker about what she had said....she rather marry him then some....ither person for a king

Thats when it hit her, she realized what he meant and started in shock as she watched him come over and take her hand. His words echoed in her head as she looked away then back to him as she was speechless...she was married still...gray was alive but....he didn't seem to care about her at all, she had a chance right here for someone who loved her wanted her even

i...i don't know what to say...we rescued gray a month ago but he...he hasn't evem talked to me or stay in the same place....

She bowed her head and pulled him close as she whispered

I don't want anyone else to leave me....i don't want that I couldn't take another leaving...avin...promise me...promise you won't please

His stomach churned with emotion as her embrace pulled his head close. Her whisper finding his ear with a sorrowed hint underlying within.

Your such an idiot Avin, your just a no good washup from nowhere, of course, it wouldn't be so simple

"I'm not leaving... not again. I'm done with running. I'm done with fighting and killing. I'll never leave you even if you cannot take me I will stand by your side."

His insides tightened again as his voice cracked under the wealth of his broken mind. His broken body and broken soul. She was all he had left, everyone else, everything else was dead or gone and yet here was the one stability in his life. Of course, he wouldn't leave her. They would have to kill him first.

He savored the warmth of her embrace for a moment longer before pulling away to kneel before her on bended knee and meeting her eyes. His voice repairing itself to the smooth coruscant accent sitting at a low volume.

"I never thought it would be easy, but you had to know. It was starting to haunt the few dreams that I am given. I'm sorry..."

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She looked to him as she swallowed hard and bright him closer before she couldn't hold back and pushed so her lips would meet his quickly, passion bursting forth before she pulled back after a few seconds and looked him right in the eye

I can't take being alone any longer, I thought when I got him back....i could have a family again...but he's not here right now he hasn't talked to me at all nor has he cut it off...but I can't wait any longer

She said and placed a hand in his cheek with a smile eyes glistening with fresh tears as she gave a small smile and blinked them away as she pulled him close again

I will be with you as you did me...you have my promise and loyalty...

As what though? Did ahe call him a boyfriend? Her husband? She didn't know exactly at all, she would figure it out all she knew was that she couldn't be alone not a day longer....she needed him to fill the void within her heart that had left it aching

His lips met hers for but a second yet it felt like as long as an hour. His mind racing but his body pushing equal passion back her way. His heart pounded in his chest like some canteen side room bass drum.

He felt her embrace and pulled himself out of the trance that had taken his mental state into a surprised highway of thoughts and feelings. He listened to her words for the family, about the other man that had left her without love. That might have been Avin once but not any longer. She pulled him in again, blinking away the tears forming in her eyes. This time his heart and body seemed to work in unison as his body took hers in for the embrace. Her final words trickling into his ear and he couldn't filter the words coming from his brain.

He pressed himself next to her on the chair and leaned in closer to her his own words a low hum in an attempt to soother her. His own essence in the force had slowly faded into a more tranquil state and he held her close.

"Im not going anywhere."

He pressed his forehead against hers. Feeling the warmth of her body he whispered gently under his breath the three words he had dwelled on for months on end.

"I love you."

[member="Avin Starfire"]

She held him close feeling herself center and calm once more, she smiled lightly as she wiped her tears as she glanced up to him, she still didn't know what to call him....but she decided he was to be beside her as king right then and there

I love you too, king starfire

She said teasing him a bit and smirked as she sat up and looked outside, whatever happened from now on they were in it together, she was ready finally....it was time for her to step up again and get out of the hole she had dug into

we have a lot to do...here and in the galaxy, I believe it's time I get back into the action

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom