Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Secret Shared is a Trust Formed

Nose pointed to the stars, the Scimitar's engine growled - quiet but dangerous - as it pushed through the atmosphere. Torin sat in the pilot's seat of the infamous vessel. His fingers danced along the machinery as if he had known it his whole life. It took him next to no time to figure out the basic mechanics of the control board. It was much more complicated than what Torin would prefer in his own ship. However, this did not hinder him in piloting it with out problem. Even without he auto-piloting programs that Nejaa had deactivated before their departure, the Ace made little to no mistakes and moved with haste. His expression remained focused, his forehead wrinkled in thought. His thoughts swirled with the words the council had left him with. It caused his body to become rigid and on edge.

He paused momentarily. Scanning the buttons in concentration, his finger bobbed over them in rhythm as if counting. "Setting our course to Mygeeto..." he murmured. A slight reach to his upper left and a couple more buttons to his right and, "... Preparations are now completed for jump to hyper space." He glanced over at his master for the O.K. "Ready to find our Sith, Master?" To avoid confrontation regarding his evasiveness, Torin made sure to make eye contact as he asked.

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Mid Rim;
Kashyyyk System;
Atmosphere.

e3db3be8-c23e-4c79-8a56-8fb4e0212b2e.jpg

Had Torin been in a position to see Nejaa's face, he would notice the most obvious signs of annoyance. He had remained silent, to himself, ever since Torin had once again emerged from the council's chambers. Shameful curiosity plagued him and made it hard to concentrate on much anything else, though he had not yet the guts to bring it up-- nor the words. Torin had naturally taken the pilot's perch, while his master, the younger Nejaa, fell towards the rear of the cockpit and into one of the numerous chairs which lined the back there. They were not meant for luxury exactly, though they were very comfortable nevertheless; it was a transport ship by technical classification, after all. That familiar sound of the engine priming itself for light-speed, the pull of the lever, that odd lurch and the pulled, elongated stars. Then a thudding noise, and they were off, a blue whirlwind of color wrapping around their hull and drawing them into movement which may land them at their location in around two standard days.

16523698-129b-4dd7-97d0-6094ffdc723b.jpg
There was an unnaturally long silence before the teenager pulled an answer for his older padawan, though it was far from matching the eager and cheerful tone he had received. "We'll not find our sith now, not if the council had already sent two Jedi." Pulling his robes around his body so as to further sulk into the cushioned seating, he turned his glance sideways and away from the chair's back where Torin sat. "And, do I mistake your tone for... eagerness?" Torin's confidence was all the more annoying at the moment, and even the thought of some charming explanation made Nejaa want to leave the cockpit prematurely and go play with the ship's torture droids.

"You must remember, it is not the Jedi way to seek conflict, nor to yearn for it. The emergence of yet another Sith faction is all it would take to finish driving this... stake through the heart of the Republic..."

[member="Torin Varik"]

8c61cfb0-a71d-4b97-a193-5d7f1cf82edc.jpg

The stars pulled, wrapping around the ship as it rested in a smooth track through hyper space. Torin leaned back in his chair, satisfied with his good work. His broad shoulders filled out the seat's back. He chuckled quietly in reaction to his master. Twirling the pilot's seat around on it's axis, he faced the boy. "Yes, you do..." He paused, wanting Nejaa's confusion to tempt a curious look before he continued. "...mistake my tone. My eagerness is not inspired by conflict. I only look forward to where our mission will take us. This is our first assignment together as master and padawan. Where's your enthusiasm?" His tone danced with playful complacency. His eyes didn't waver but his playful smirk faded. A moment of silence before he whirled the chair back around to face the control board. He began fiddling with the computer, exploring the systems and pulling up information on the other two jedi that would be accompanying them. "You worry Master Corto and Kohaa will find Asterion before we do?" He referenced Nejaa's earlier remark while remaining general.

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Mid Rim;
En Route, Mygeeto;
Hyperspace.

c6ebd96e-9ab2-4cb4-8563-b15f317941b5.jpg

'Eh,' in translation of Nejaa's body language. His neck fell sideways and he cocked to the left, therefore looking up at the-older-of-the-two. A draped hood cast darker shadows around the upper half of Nejaa's face, allowing it to mostly fall under a darker shade. His eyes, as if reflecting the light, though not in the fashion of a cat or wild animal. Instead like a human's eyes, only more milky and deep looking; and even these differences are normally passed over as merely a striking feature. Those large eyes which took any color he chose, though normally falling to golden-viper-yellow in moments like this. Moments where striking colors and bold dominance was needed.

It was doubtful even Nejaa was aware of his own minuscule physical manipulations. Those where, in moments of anger, or those of sadness, small changes were made to bathe in the full effect of each radical emotion. Full, round lips and dramatic colored eyes. A shiny, choppy waterfall of short-length-hair and a tanned, gleaming-gold skin coloration-- the 'natural' and somewhat progressive development he had forced his persona to pick up piece by piece.

"Worry about those two--??"

He restrained a laugh. "Alone, I doubt they'd ever--" as he spoke, he peered over and around Torin to view the computer's systems. Various holo files, the very same he had earlier pulled up just hours previous. "He found me, not the other way around. Of course, I was able to feel his presence there. It was then and there, when I first felt that... disturbing sith. I meant to escape and report my findings, but he encountered me. Our fight was short, and very dangerous, though without a clear victor... really," his hands rubbed together a bit, and he once again pulled his jedi robes over himself.

[member="Torin Varik"]

Even after Torin turned back around, the image of the boy's striking features lingered in his thoughts. He studied his brightly colored eyes in his memory. They were nearly inhuman but not enough to arise suspicion, only further intrigue. It was true that he looked forward to where their mission together would take them. However, he failed to mention his underlying interest in what "uncanny power" his new master possessed and why it inspired such behavior in the Council. Swiping his fingers across the hologram, he sifted through information, diagrams, and images related to Corto and Kohaa.

Yet another smile teased the corners of his lips. Of course... He thought in response to his master's words. Something about the boy seemed to encourage such reaction in the padawan. Perhaps it was his unavoidable transparency, as mentioned by the Council. Or perhaps it was his adolescent charm. Whatever it was made for a quite curious nature. Yet, he could not yet understand why the Council had shown such hostility toward his presence. He had witnessed a few of Nejaa's bold tendencies and unorthodox decisions, but never had it seemed enough to provoke such warning. Not yet, at least.

Let your teachings fall under that of caution, young one...

"Have faith, Master." He took his own advise and chose not to further question Nejaa on the matter of his encounter with the Sith. "I'm sure their assistance will only benefit our search." He pulled up information on Mygeeto next, expanding the view of the planet on the holonet. "Besides," He spun to face Nejaa once again, lacing his fingers together and resting his elbows a top the armrests. "This will give us the opportunity to demonstrate our collective potential to the Council. You agree that our ability alone is enough to bring this Sith to justice? Let's prove it." He crossed one leg over the other and lifted his chin slightly. "Since you have the most experience in dealing with Asterion, do you have an idea of where we should begin?" He jumped into business, not allowing much room for argument.

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Mid Rim;
En Route, Mygeeto;
Hyperspace.

"I have no intention of seeking combat, Torin. This eagerness, your emotions, they do betray you. It is true that, while this sith is powerful, he is but one of many. More importantly, he is a part of something the Republic has yet to fully understand. Another group, and a possibly critical one. If... if we do encounter him, it will not be our priority to destroy him. Of course, if it is the only course of action, we must pursue it, but our goal will be to take him alive, nevertheless. Do you understand...?"

Nejaa didn't sound happy, and that was easy enough to tell. Disappointed, rather, and seemingly tired of the conversation. "I am afraid that our jedi friends may only slow us down without meaning to, padawan..." Torin's excitement for combat, while assuring in slight amounts, only proved annoying to the highest degree in the younger male's mind. He meant not to run after powerful enemies with a lightsaber drawn. It was true that he had encountered Asterion previously, but it had already been made clear that he was not to be in charge of this operations. His information would be, although useful, only a support effort. He didn't like it. The feeling of inferiority in comparison to those he would soon meet. The female jedi, and her own apprentice.

"Now, it seems tradition is being broken in every way, keeping you after my dismissal back on Kashyyyk. The Jedi wished to have words with you in my absence, a rare occurrence for the padawan to take on information not meant for his ow her master. I wish to know of what was said..."

[member="Torin Varik"]

Once again, Nejaa scolded his padawan for his eagerness. For some reason, Torin wanted to argue. He felt wrongly accused. His attempt to find common ground with his master had failed. All he had left to do now was apologize and listen. There was a pause for a taken back expression that soon faded to neutrality. He placed his hands on his lap and dropped his eyes to the ground for moment in respect as he spoke. "Forgive me, master. I did not intend to appear so eager for combat." His eyes rose to meet Nejaa's once more. "I understand that this Sith is very dangerous and that we should take great caution in his capture. Which is why I feel that being prepared may benefit us as well as the other Jedi." He wished he could draw out his explanation as to avoid his master's direct confrontation about the Council. But he could already tell Nejaa's patience was running thin.

"Regarding the meeting with the Council, I too shared your curiosity. I thought it... out of the ordinary that they required to speak with me in private." His eyebrows furrowed in thought before he lifted his hand to aid his speech. "Yet, they only wished to sooth my curiosities. They reminded me that my duty as a Jedi is to follow the will of the force, not question it, regardless of where it may lead me." He chose his words wisely as he continued but did not falter. "They praised your ability and agreed that you have much to teach me. And that I, as your student, may be able to offer some form of teaching as well." His words were polite, formal, and humble. He paused, hoping that at least some of his words would sooth the situation. "I trust that the Council means well and has our best interest in mind." It was all true. It had to be as it came from the mouth of a Jedi. However, Torin had a feeling that the details in which he had not elaborated on were the only answers Nejaa wanted. He hoped this was not the case and that instead Nejaa would be satisfied, even calmed, by what he was offered.

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Mid Rim;
En Route, Mygeeto;
Hyperspace.

Nejaa tried not to make faces. An honest attempt, but they surfaced nevertheless. A powerful roll of the eyes hidden under a sudden steeping of the head so as to conceal his annoyance from his padawan. Tightened lips, upon raising his head again, would however carry the aftertaste of his colorful emotions. "I understand," but he need not specify to what he was referring to. Pushing from his seated position, and with a long, almost exasperated sigh, Nejaa moved quickly to his control panels. "It is not preparation I am discouraging, Torin. I too agree that in order to face this man we'll need to be one hundred percent prepared. It is not even your excitement I seek to diminish," but his voice began to fade in and out as fingers began alighting through the levers and soft buttons. Hologram images began to scatter along the expansive dashboard.

"My suggestion is merely to focus on the larger picture, instead of placing your mind on this Asterion alone. With the creation of excitement comes the creation of standards and expectations. Your focus can become tainted; instead, focus on the emergence of the One Sith..."

An image of a large bridge sprung to life on his screen. "When we begin to wear at the faction as a whole, we'll start to be of use to the Republic, do you understand?" It seemed that every time he said the name Asterion, his lips curled with the appearance of hatred, but he distracted himself and pointed back to the holo-image. "Although there isn't much to see here, this is where Asterion and I were forced to encounter. An extension bridge not far from the landing bay in Mygeeto's northern sector." Pointing to the center of the bridge, and then dragging his finger to the recorded wreckage. Burning, fallen pillars and columns. Burning and ripped apart metal, "I'm not sure you've encountered an enemy like this before, Torin," and it almost sounded as if there was a hint of concern, though Nejaa was aware of the psuedo tone as well.

"Perhaps it would be wise to let your teachings fall under that of caution, padawan..."

Nejaa was close enough to Torin now to feel the heat coming from his body, something he was not fully able to synthesize himself. The clawdite species were not warm blooded creatures like the humans, and a strange knife of jealousy caused Nejaa to recoil at the idea. "I trust that you take my meaning, I've only repeated myself a few hundred times now," ah! Humor, even in small amounts, must be refreshing. Nejaa's lips cornered upward at the edges and he fell back a single step so as to shadow Torin from behind. His hands clutched the back of his padawan's current perch, inches from his shoulders, and in a gesture of casual being-- though it would be a lie to suggest that this neutrality came naturally to Nejaa, and even this began a tumble of nervous feelings from the lower pits of his stomach. Below his fingers were those broad and muscled shoulders of his now-counterpart. Two teeth clenched hard into his bottom lip and his eyes fell to view the back of Torin's neck, the way his hair became skin, and skin eventually hid under the fabric of clothing.

Nejaa made a swift gulp.

You must lie, Nejaa...
Protect yourself from this man, Nejaa...
Lie Nejaa, lie, make him yours...

[member="Torin Varik"]

The brief, disappointed response received from Nejaa was almost more concerning than further pressing. Light hazel eyes remained on the boy as he lifted from his seat in the back of the cockpit and moved to the other pilot seat. Torin followed his movement, gradually turning his own chair back around. He listened closely as his master finally chose to reveal more information. It was the game of the Jedi. Torin revealed the secrets of the council's meeting and Nejaa, in turn, answered his questions about Asterion. However, neither were complete and both were riddled. The padawan studied the bridge and the destruction. Nejaa was right. This was indeed a formidable force.

Then, as if quoted directly from the Council itself... Perhaps it would be wise to let your teachings fall under that of caution, padawan.

With an abrupt flicker, Torin's eyes shot to Nejaa's. A concerned curiosity painted his expression for a moment. But when there was no sign of recognition, he quickly looked away. He almost opened his mouth to cover the awkward moment with words but luckily was interrupted by a bought of light humor from his Master. A relieved smile calmed his mind. "Yes, Master. I think it started to sink in around the hundredth time or so." Although Nejaa could not see his expression, his smile could be heard. He could feel the weight of the younger boy's hands on the back of the seat. Quick paced breaths brushed subtly across the back of his neck. Caution...

Curiosity about the true nature of the battle between Nejaa and Asterion spun in his mind as he studied the holo-image. He pointed to the burning buildings. "What power... Was this really the work of Asterion? How did he manage to take down two large buildings like that? I doubt that a light saber alone could cause such destruction."

[member="Nejaa Niynx"]

Mid Rim;
En Route, Mygeeto;
Hyperspace.

From behind the padawan, Nejaa could entertain any facial expression he wished, and made sure to do so. A crimson smile, thin and proud, spread across his face at the sight of the wreckage. Although he recognized his own incoming feelings as unwise, as well as ironic and hypocritical both, a small part of him longed to see the sith once more. Already, he had almost doubled his power and would come back without the same fear as before. The bridge on the holo-screens was tattered and torn. Towers were collapsed in on themselves, and most of the metal was broken apart. Ice, a common flooring for the sub-zero planet was melted and replaced with scorch marks.

"Asterion's power had nothing to do with this. While his skills with the force and lightsaber were both terrifying, this... was not his doing."

And with that, in the Jedi fashion, Nejaa quit his offering of information and closed down the screen. Another image pulled up, and before Torin could so much as ask in the way of Nejaa's prior meaning, he began speaking once more. "We'll be landing here, and meeting the other two here," various three dimensional maps surfaced as he spoke, as if he had long since planned everything out. "Never before have I worked along side either of these Jedi, so I know little of their ways, even so, I ask that you follow my lead." It was both implied already, and a direct order to disobey the council's orders-- the orders which placed the other, female, Jedi master in technical control. "I do not wish to tangle with you in front of the others, understood?" Perhaps another scolding, though nothing too out of the ordinary.

"Perhaps we will show the council just how far the two of us can push, provided you follow my teachings."

[Exit]

[member="Torin Varik"]

If this was not Asterion's doing, then there was only one other plausible option - [member="Nejaa Niynx"] was capable of the destruction displayed on the holo-screen. This... made things interesting. Torin was genuinely impressed. Eye brows raised, he leaned back in his seat. So this was what the Council meant when they said "uncanny power"? Torin would not need much convincing when it came being loyal to his master. Over the course of the last few minutes, the Ace had gained a tremendous amount of respect for his younger master.

"Understood. No tangling. Got it." He leaned forward once more, taking control of the holo-screen once again. "Careful, Master. I'm beginning to hear signs of that nasty eagerness in your tone." Sarcasm danced playfully across his words. A charming but smug smirk, one that Nejaa would probably not see as he was behind him.

[Exit]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom