Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Sampling of Something New

Amaris Tanenat

A
Tags: Kay-Larr Kay-Larr , @Any Free Worlds Armada Members
Apparel

Altiria or Anarris, depending on which side you took with the locals. Amaris wondered what could be so bad about each other that they had to fight for their respective continents for centuries or even millennia. It didn't really impact her, and she guessed they had been at a relative peace for a while. Why not name the planet Altirannis or something and call it a day instead of splitting it?

Perhaps Amaris was being unreasonable, especially not understanding the culture of the planet. And to be fair, she never would have heard about the planet if it wasn't for a woman named Kay Larr mentioning a her tea shoppe being housed on the planet. And for some reason, she kept bumping into the woman. At the Armada people and in that little town in Haven. Wasn't a bad thing, but with the talk about tea, well, she started craving some good tea.

And that is the story of how a speeder dropped her off in front of the Sphaera Tea Shoppe. Amaris put her hands on her hips a she looked over the outside of the establishment. It was smaller than she expected, but seemed cozy enough.

She moved forward, carefully opening the door as she glanced around the shop. Huh, it was really cute. Amaris moved to the bar to place her order as she looked over the menu with curious, blue eyes. A brush of a hand moved her bangs off to the side, her ponytail pulled back.

"Can I have a lightside fudge and... What tea goes best with it?"

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay looked up towards the door as Amaris Tanenat walked in, the bells signalling the entry. She smiled at her, wiping her hands off on a towel before she approached.

"Welcome to my little tea shop. You're not stalking me, are you?" Kay gave her a playful wink. She had seen the lady a couple of times now at least. It surely wasn't a coincidence that she was here now.

Kay fetched a plate and took out a couple of pieces of Lightside fudge and slid it over to her. "Sapir tea is my favourite. It should do well in balancing out the flavour of the fudge. Would you like to try it?"

Amaris Tanenat

A
The Felacatian laughed at Kay-Larr Kay-Larr 's joke. If she hadn't given the wink, a piece of Amaris would've probably been fumbling on an explanation for showing up at her tea shoppe. But, in truth, everyone that was around Kay had complimented her tea and baked goods - and if there was one thing Amaris was known for, it was finding and eating good food and drinks.

Like at that one party in CIS space - she fondly, if a bit worriedly, remembered that time. Dressed up as a servant to eat away in heavenly bliss, only for her plans to be destroyed by another fake server in a dancer's outfit. So strange! With her head out of the clouds, she finally replied to her comment. "Can you blame me? A successful businesswoman with some of the best tea and fudge? I wouldn't be in my right mind otherwise."

"Thank you," she smiled as she examined the Lightside fudge. She slipped into one of the stools as she listened to Kay's recommendation. Sapir tea. She hadn't heard of it before, but gave a nod. "I'll try it, yes!" She clapped her hands in excitement. As soon as she got the tea, she could dig into the fudge. Mmm.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled, blushing a little as Amaris Tanenat gave her praise. She was humble even now. Her tea shoppe and company was small, yet she liked it that way. It made it more cozy and rewarding.

"Coming right up." The hot water was already boiled. Kay was sure to always have some handy, instead of causing her customers to wait for more than just the steeping process. She fetched the Sapir leaves and crumpled them into the cup, then poured the hot water onto them. She set it on the tray, along with a variety of creams and sugars, before carrying it over to Amaris and placing it in front of her. "The Sapir leaves will dissolve once it's steeped. I tend to drink mine on it's own, but that's not to everyone's taste. It's soothing like a warm hug." That was why she drank it so much.

Amaris Tanenat

A
Amaris was a bit blunt, sometimes, and that tended to be her nature. Although, her nature also tended to get her into a variety of situations that she had no real plan with. Like getting stuck on Lutrillia's ground or in a camp full of pirates... Crap just happened with her, and she just had to roll with it.

But, sitting in a cozy tea shoppe with a potentially delicious fudge and tea? It was a tremendously nice change of pace. It was easy to find herself relaxing, whatever that meant. Blue eyes watched Kay-Larr Kay-Larr crumple the tea leaves into the cup, and then the pour of boiling water. She gave Kay a smile as she placed the tray in front of her. "It looks good," she commented as she used some a little bit of the cream and sugars along with a stick to gently stir it.

A few minutes later, she took a little sip of it and sighed with satisfaction. "You weren't kidding. It does feel right like a hug." And considering how she rarely ever got hugs... This was a nice substitute. "I don't know much about tea," Amaris admitted to the owner of the Tea Shoppe, "My entire life has been in ignorance until this very day."

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled as she watched Amaris Tanenat enjoy her tea. It was always fun to watch people sample them for the first time. "Now you see why it's my favourite. I often drink it while reading a good book."

At her admitrance for not knowing teas, Kay smiled even more. "Well you've come to the right place to learn. Have a look at the menu. It'll teach you a little about what different teas can do. Some are great, some are more...exotic. While others can be deadly. I think the same could be said about a lot of foods from various cultures.

Where do you come from?"
Kay didn't think that she had come across her species before.

Amaris Tanenat

A
The fur on her ears and tail nearly raised and fell as she savored the taste. If she didn't have any sense of control, she'd probably be purring at the taste. She gently broke a piece of the fudge off and tossed it into her mouth. Mmm, just as she expected. Delicious and savory. "I think I'd fall asleep if I had a book in hand too," she commented playfully.

Amaris gave a nod at Kay-Larr Kay-Larr 's recommendation of checking out the menu. "I didn't even know teas could do different things," she admitted as her blue eyes scanned the menu. "Deadly? As much trouble as I get myself into," she paused, glancing to Kay with a somewhat frown, "Usually not my fault, on a side note, but I probably should have some... Just in case." She gave a little nod as she let herself ponder it.

Another bite of the fudge as she sighed and savored the deliciousness of it. "Originally from Felacat. It's in CIS space, right before you get into Wild Space. But I've lived on Lutrillia most of my life."

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed a little as Amaris Tanenat spoke about getting into yrouble and it not being her fault. "Trouble always finds me. I don't go looking for it. But maybe these teas will help me put a stop to it for a while. There's this one here..." She pointed to one on the menu. "...it blocks people from using the Force for an hour or so. And this one..." She pounts to another. "...this one gives the drinker super human strength. While this one..." Kay points to yet another. "..this one gives the power of influence. All of them aren't quite what one would expect from a little cup of tea."

She tilted her head to the side a bit as she heard of where Amaris came from. Both were worlds that were unknown to her. "I can't say that I've been to those worlds before. What are they like?"

Amaris Tanenat

A
"If you use the deadly one, it'd probably help," she commented somewhat oblivious to the obvious implications it meant. Nonetheless, she took some more bites out of the fudge as she relaxed with its effects. Another sip of the Sapir tea and she was practically in heaven. "A Force blocker? Huh, that's interesting," she said with a little bit of a nod.

Super human strength? "Does it work, if say, you can morph into a large feline predator still?" She perked a brow, one ear perking at her question. That would be pretty nice, actually. "I never would've known, either. Thank you for letting me know and the deliciousness of it all."

"I don't remember Felacat very much... But, Lutrillia is a very flat, cold, uh, tundra and deserty world. We live on big cities that are on wheels and rotate the planet. Underground has some nasty monsters," she said with a sigh as her mind flashed back to her experiences with Lan, the Jedi Master... Not a good experience, nope. Kay-Larr Kay-Larr

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom