Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Right Hand

The woman stood silently in the office, her golden hues staring over the skyline of the capital city of Commenor. A soft smirk crossed her lips, the tinted windows ensuring that the usual glare of the sunlight that often poured in through such windows wouldn't cause her to wince as she remained watchful. Her ears perked up as she heard the door open, looking over her shoulder for a moment as she nodded quietly.

"Ma'am, your appointment is here."

"Send him in."

"Yes Ma'am."

Unclasping her hands, she slowly pivoted upon her back foot, the heavy cape she wore billowed for a moment before she stepped forward. Her hands pulled the heavy helm from her head, setting it on her desk as her black hair cascade down over her shoulders. Golden hues falling upon the young man before her.

Reaching over to her desk, she picked up the folder that had been brought to her earlier in the day. With a firm grasp she began to leaf through the various pages of flimplast as she motioned towards one of the chairs.

"Please, sit Lieutenant."

Returning her attention to the papers in her hand, she read through his career in the Commenor Military, nothing to spectacular though at the same time there were few officers at her disposal at the moment. There hadn't been much to do when she was first handed the title of Supreme Commander, though with the looming specter of war upon the boarders of the Commenor Systems Alliance - she understood that something had to be done - and thus she had a plan that she would enact.

Setting the papers down in front of her on the table, she slipped down into a chair, one leg crossing over the other as she motioned silently towards the cabinet that was open - various drinks on display - before she spoke.

"Would you like a drink? I'm sure you've many questions, specifically as to why you were called here..."

[member="Lauri Törni"]

Lauri was confused when he had been called up to high command. Initially he had hoped a promotion was on the horizon, but Now Lauri had doubts. When the Commander asked to sit, he did. When drinks were offered Lauri only took water. He tried to stay sober on duty, especcially when talking to superiors. Lauri swallowed before speaking.
"Yes. I would indeed like to know why I am here."

A dozen other questions came to mind, but that seemed the most important.

[member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"]

"Alyessia, a drink, if you would..."

Amelia motioned, watching as the Nartaki droid bowed for a moment before moving towards the cabinet. Her attention returning to the young man in front of her before she leaned forward. Gripping the folder on top of the stack in hand, she slowly brought it up and flipped it open. Her other hand lifting one of the pages before a soft smile returned to her lips.

"Lieutenant Lauri Torni, that is your full name correct?"

Her eyebrow arched for a moment as she looked over the edge of the folder before her hand reached out for the glass provided to her by the droid. For a moment she took a quick sip of the sanguine liquid within before setting it on the table before her. The droid standing behind her and to the side in a standby setting.

"Now then, depending on a few questions I ask of you, and those answers you provide will then determine the answer to your wondering as to why you're here. Do you understand?"

[member="Lauri Törni"]

"Yes ma'am. I understand"

Lauri took a sip of the water given to him. Lauri had gone through multiple evaluations pre-promotion, but none of them had been this high up the comand chain. What was happening? Why was he being questioned by someone in high command? Lauri calmed his nerves with another sip, readying himlelf for the questions.

"I will anser your questions to the best of my ability."

"Good... Now then, shall we begin?"

Though it was poised as a question, the individual before her had no real choice in continuing or not, only the facade of such. As she settled into her seat, she pulled the datapad up that was resting next to her. Looking over it for a moment, she looked up, golden hues settling upon the young man before her. With her legs resting one crossed over the other, a soft smirk crossed over her lips for a moment before she set the datapad down.

"What was your reasoning for joining the Military of the Commenor Systems Alliance?"

Reaching forward, she lift up the glass before her, bringing it to her lips. Another sip brought the sanguine liquid across her lips as she waited patiently for his response. Her fingers lightly slipping over the screen of the datapad before her that rest in her lap.

[member="Lauri Törni"]

Lauri shifted in his seat. He had been so eager to enlist, just a few years ago, and he still was eager to serve Commenor in every way possible.

“I enlisted out of a sense of duty to keep a family tradition, and a desire to serve Commenor. I have always been a patriot, and enlisting seemed the best way to further that.”
He did not let the memories of the day he enlisted bring the usual smile they did. Lauri could tell this could be a conversation which could completely alter his career path. He needed to not screw this up. If he was asked for more detail he would provide it.

Amelia looked up from the datapad, a soft sigh escaping her lips as she looked back down. Her fingers lightly taping upon the screen as she shifted slightly, her hand grasping at the glass before her. Lifting it up and taking a sip of the sanguine liquid, she set it down carefully. It seemed that everyone she had inspected or interviewed for this position was claiming to be just as this young man was.

"Patriot... Commenor has enough of those already, they either stand in the street beating their chest and proclaiming their patriotism or they join the military to claim that they are such. Are you sure you are a patriot? Or have you confused patriotism with nationalism?"

The question was sure to hit hard, dig to the core of his believes and values. It was one that had to be asked though as took many would cloak themselves in the shawl of patriotism whilst being steeped in nationalism. Looking over the datapad again, she kept her demeanor as one of business, for there was no pleasure to be had here this day - for the sole reason as to why he was here was to ensure that she was choosing the right person for the job that was to be at hand.

[member="Lauri Törni"]

Lauri blinked for a moment, processing the question. He had never thought much on the difference. Was there a difference? He sat, silent and pondering. The woman who was questioning him would surely want answers soon. But for now, he was clueless. Answers raced through his mind, and hhisbrows furrowed as he questioned himself. Was he one of those? Had he been lying to himself? Surely not, but what if he was? What then? Lauri took another drink to calm himself before answering.

"I-I'm not sure. The line is blurred I suppose, separating the two. I suppose I'd not be a nationalist, for If Commenor where to do something terrible, I'd denounce such an action the moment I knew of it. I Beleive that is the difference. A nationalist is proud of his country no matter what they do, while the Patriot is proud of his country for the good it does."

Lauri swallowed again, and looked towards [member="Amelia Sorenn-Syrush"] awaiting her answer

Amelia took a moment, sitting back in her seat as she closed her eyes and listened to the response. Though there was nothing wrong with what he said, it was almost as if he was still attempting to find the answer to the question. Leaning forward slowly, her golden hues opened upon the young man as she reached for the glass before her, slowly taking a long sip of the dark sanguine liquid.

"We may manage to find a use for you Lieutenant..."

Sitting back, she looked over the datapad, slowly slipping through the information. A soft smirk crossed her lips before she set it down and quickly typed out a few notes on the large computer on the desk. Reaching over to a few flimplast sheets, she held them up.

"Your orders... Report to Deputy Minister of Defense Cato Marek."

[member="Lauri Törni"]

Lauri took his orders, standing as he did so. He seemed to have impressed his superiors, at least enough to be sent to the deputy minister of defense. Taking his leave with Amelia's permission, Lauri left to begin preperations to get to Cato Nemoidia. As he walked he continued questioning where hs lay upon the border between patriotism and Nationalism. The jext few weeks were going to be full of questions, asked by others or by himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom