Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A return to Witchcraft

Outfit: This
Tag: Vanya Aklin Vanya Aklin

Being able to practice her abilities in Magick had been crucial in defining who Dreidi was. She wasn't someone attempting to be her mother or father, she wasn't someone who was trying to be a perfect Jedi, she was someone willing to tread her own path and explore the different ways that the Force was viewed and used by others. Dreidi was also convinced it allowed her to embrace aspects of her personality and mentality that wasn't as easily accepted by some Jedi. However, being able to train and being able to develop her skills after leaving the Ascendancy had been tough. The ability to remain in contact or even find others who were well versed in Magick had not been easy. She found some, learn a few abilities that were handy and even received a bow from a witch on Dathomir but there was something about having a mentor, someone she could regularly remain in contact with and frustrate with endless questions. She had missed the years that she had spent with Vanya, before the CIS fell and before contact was lost in the Ascendancy. Vanya had been her introduction to Magick, nightsisters and Dathomiri culture, she was always someone that held a special and sacred spot in Dreidi's heart.

The question was, was Vanya still alive? There were so many people she had lost contact with, so many that she had no idea where they were or if they were even alive. But Dreidi still held out hope that everyone she had cared about was still alive, healthy and would keep in contact some day. Though, perhaps it should be Dreidi looking to keep in contact with others. She had the ability and desire to keep in contact. All that prevented her from doing so was the fear of rejection, or the fear of that person never replying for one reason or another. Dreidi couldn't allow that fear to take hold inside her. She needed to breathe and fight the anxiety. It was too important to her training and plans on being a powerful witch to surrender into childish fears, she was also a Jedi and fear was a dangerous emotion to let grip one's heart.

Figuring that Vanya might still use the same contact methods that they shared before their worlds were turned upside down, Dreidi sat at her desk and attempted to write a message that would be appropriate. While her closest mentor had been Asaraa, they were siblings and there was as much informal communications and teasing as there had been serious talks. Vanya was different in that regard, the respect was high and Dreidi never dared to question that.

"Hello Nightmother,

I was hoping that I would be able to contact you through this old channel once again. I wish that life has found you well and that you would be able to continue mentoring me in the arts of Magick once again. I understand if life has you busy though.

Regards,

Dreidi Xeraic"

Dreidi chewed on her bottom lip, hesitant to press send before shaking her head and pressing the button. This was something she needed to do.

H A P P Y
B7QUFZZ.jpg

Tag: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic
Wearing: xXx

Nobody could say the Nightsister was cruel to Dreidi; she was stern, but if she had been cruel, the young woman would not have reached out to her mentor. After the fall of the Confederacy and the fall of the Ascendancy, the two of them had fallen out of contact, and Vanya had become a vagabond again.

Travelling but never settling down. It was not the life she had expected, but it was one to which she was well suited. Given the long history of the Vahla, it is not surprising she has simply vanished once again.

When the message was received, emotions were stirred within the tattooed woman, along with memories of Dreidi and her fierce determination. It had not mattered what challenge Vnaya had thrown at her; the young woman had met each one head-on and without hesitation. This in itself was enough to earn the respect of the Nightmother.

But as they had spent time together, Vanya had become more protective of Dreidi, treating her as she would one of her own daughters, like a proud Nightsister. Swiftly, her fingers had typed a response without hesitation. Distance had not mattered. Vanya would go to her.

'Where would you like to meet?'

She replied. She was still alive and she was willing to meet. Dreidi let out a deep breath of relief.

"I can meet you on Dathomir? I have visited a couple of times but would really benefit from visiting with you and hearing you tell the history."

There was also the fact that Dreidi knew she really wanted and would enjoy spending the time with Vanya on the world where the connection to Magick is supposedly the strongest. Though she knew better than to simply express that desire. Vanya had warmed to her and allowed her to learn and they were close but Dreidi was willing to limit her excitement and joy as to not overwhelm her mentor. They were fairly different in that regard, Dreidi was very expressive as a person while Vanya always seemed the more difficult person to interpret her emotions. Especially since she was never fazed by the things that Dreidi did, not even when her younger self would try a prank or two.

It was something that she always found frustrating in the most fun ways.

Unfortunately the days of her pranks, mischievous ways had faded. Her training, constantly moving around, attempts at performing and more where stealing time for when she would be able to sit around and think out ways to annoy others. Now, she was so focused on getting stronger and being able to defend others to the best of her abilities that normally she would just crash on the bed without even changing after a long day. A break from the Jedi training and Coruscant life would be good for her. Connecting with the Magick side of her life and understanding the ways of the witches on Dathomir, that would benefit her in developing her skills more. Especially since her two paths were finally syncing together.

"Just gotta pack the essentials and find a ship heading to Dathomir." Dreidi mused to herself, transport was always something she needed to figure out since she still hadn't learnt how to fly. Grabbing outfits, equipment and any belongings that she needed. It would be curious if Vanya would comment on the differences in her appearance now, she wore make up, piercings, was heavily tattooed and her ears and eyes had switched to the Zorren look of her mother. The pointed ears were still an adjustment, the golden eyes were something she had not noticed too much anymore when looking in the mirror.

Arriving on Dathomir, Dreidi thanked the pilot and then pinged Vanya that she had arrived. Looking around, she noticed her surroundings and inhaled in air deeply. It had been some time since her last visit but she was curious as to what Vanya might have in store for her now.

H A P P Y
B7QUFZZ.jpg

As she waited for the shuttle, she wondered who it was that had brought Dreidi to Dathomir. Vanya hoped that whoever it was had explained the significance of the planet to her and that she had not been allowed to go wherever she pleased, pulling pranks and not taking anything serious about the sacred world.

The Nightmother would be disappointed if Dreidi had squandered the opportunity that visiting Dathomir had presented to her.

Soon enough, she would find out what impact the planet had had on the young woman. Some left the world unscathed, while the planet changed others entirely. sometimes for the better, sometimes for the worse.

Having spotted the young woman at a distance, a single brow was raised in amusement, the ghost of a smirk flickering over the tattooed woman's lips. Time had indeed changed the overexcitable, mischievous child into a young woman. Considered mature by Dathomiri standards, Vanya couldn't help but think perhaps she had influenced Driedi in a way beyond the force. Tattooed and pierced, Vanya remembered the teen rebellion stage fondly. It was during this time that she acquired many of her own tattoos. Perhaps it was when Dreidi received hers as well.

If Dreidi had kept up with her training, she would have felt the Nightmother's approach before she saw her. Vanya had made a point to never hide unless needed. To hide in the shadows was unbecoming of one such as she. "My oh my," she said as she approached from behind the young woman, her expression cool but not unwelcoming. "Aren't you a sight to see, and on Dathomir at that."

Visiting Dathomir had been a trip she had done solo in the past, merely coming across the different clans and cultures of the witches. Some calling themselves Nightsisters while there had been others that were just seeing themselves as witches, not associated with the nightsisters. It had given Dreidi a lot to think on and see the similarities in the Jedi and the Sith, there were divisions and many sides to the Jedi and to the Sith. There was some understanding of the importance of Dathomir and how life interacted with the people. Dealing with some of the less friendly creatures was not always easy for her.

Visiting again, Dreidi had donned the clothing that she felt most connected her to those on Dathomir while also distancing herself from Jedi attire. There was still hostility to those that embraced the Jedi ways, Dreidi had found that out the hard way.

She carried her Lightsaber and a Nightsister energy bow that she had been gifted previously on a visit to Dathomir. The bow had been an adjustment in terms of understanding how to use it, as well as the connections it brought to the fact her father had used an energy bow as a Jedi as well. Her firing was improving and she was demonstrating skills beyond the average.

Listening to the connection of those surrounding her, the whispers of spirits and the connection between her Magick and the life force of the planet. It felt different to the Force, the Force felt more clinical, distant and separate entity, Magick was primal, deeply connective and in a way historic. While she waited, she practiced attempts to conjure flames in her hands from nothing. A tricky and advanced skill from what she knew but very practical and helped with using Magick skills she had around fire.

Her pointed ears twitched as she sensed and heard the presence of Vanya. Coming out of her meditative stance, Dreidi offered a warm smile, still as bright and warm as ever outside the goth exterior that she normally donned.

"Hello Nightmother Vanya." Dreidi bowed her head respectfully. "Dathomir is a special world and I wish to visit here often in the future." She smiled brightly. "What is your favourite place here?" Curious to visit areas that Vanya held special one day.

H A P P Y
B7QUFZZ.jpg

A bow had been given in return, mirroring Dreidi's respect. Her favourite place upon Dathomir—what an amusing question. It enticed a ghost of a smirk to flicker over the tattooed vixen's lips just for a moment. "Dathomir is my home. It is my favourite place to be." It was likely not the answer the younger woman hoped for but should have certainly been the one expected.

"I tend to spend most of my time in my village." Vanya had said "mine" because it had been the village she oversaw while still the Listener of the Coven. Even as the Nightmother, she watched over the burning mists from her perch atop the highest peaksTurning on a heel, the Nightmother began to walk, entirely confident that Dreidi would follow—almost like a lost puppy, some might say.

But in many ways, the young woman wasn't lost anymore. She was certainly finding herself. Vanya had noticed changes in her appearance as well as her confidence and aura. And the bow. She thought it was an interesting choice. Vanya hadn't met many people who were particularly talented. She'd be sure to introduce Dreidi to a light whip; she would be sure to find it interesting.

"Tell me Dreidi while we walk to the Burning Mists, what had you learned in our time apart? Have you continued your training? Practised your Magick?"

Vanya's answer initially didn't surprise Dreidi, or at least it shouldn't have. Few had specific areas or regions of their favourite place to visit. In fact, Dreidi wouldn't know what her own answer would be. Kashyyyk was a place that Dreidi hadn't visited since her father's funeral, Naboo was pretty but it wasn't home at least not anymore. Coruscant was also not a place that Dreidi had been ready to call home. Dreidi had unintentionally become a nomad, lost without a place to rest. However, it wasn't as bad as she would have thought, she was beginning to make friends and connect with others. Most of them had been Jedi but she was learning to set her fears of abandonment and being alone aside. It was an important step she had to take if she was ever to succeed in her pathways.

"Your village..." Dreidi thought on that statement for a bit, "is that the village that you grew up in or one that you have created later in life?" Dreidi had been to one other village of Dathomiri, the visit had been an interesting one. It was where she gained her Nightsister energy bow that she carried with her as well as some insights into how things worked. Her skills with the bow were average, some of the time she was able to demonstrate talent in firing not only long distances but with great precision. Other times, she was still struggling to fire half as well as she could on a good day. It was time consuming learning how to control such a weapon but she was further ahead than some would assume, especially since her father had been a master of a similar style of bow and taught her some tricks.

When asked about her training with Magick, Dreidi moved in closer, not walking side by side to the Nightmother but not trailing behind either. "My training has continued best I could since our separation. I have been able to successfully teleport at will, my skills with fire have improved as well. While I cannot conjure it from nothing, I can manipulate it and increase the amount of fire from even a small flame. I have been practising to turn embers and sparks into full fires as a step to mastering the conjuring of flames." Dreidi informed her mentor. "I have also taken lessons in some healing, communicating with beasts and taming them through Magick as well but I have not gotten those skills as practised as the ones you taught me." Hinting that she had received lessons from others.

"My training with the energy bow has gotten positive feedback, seems that I have some of my father's talents with the weapon." Dreidi felt a small blush since she rarely talked family to Vanya and most of the familial connections Dreidi held were strained at best, estranged and non-existent at worst.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom