Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A rescue---I think....?

Time: Noon

The busy, filthy Under City was a place James had frequented many times. It was like a second home to him, next to his ship. It was an easy place to find jobs, get drunk, get mugged, get rich, get pregnant, and die--all in one night.

James shot a glance back at Reed and his Master Sophia following him. It never hurt to stay aware of your droids and females in places like this. He was still getting over the fact that Master Walsh was a woman, and a very pretty woman at that. He shook and tried to remind himself that they were on business.

Business. Right. A call had brought them to find this man, Luc Dramen, a political despot of a nothing-burger. That didn't matter. What mattered is he needed rescued and they were paid to do it. As long as they were not enemies of the common man, they were allies of James.

The freighter carefully palmed a few credits into a beggar and motioned Sophia and Reed into the canitna ahead of him. He cast a few careful glances over his shoulders before ducking after them. It never hurt to be too careful in a place like this. The freighter was sure the rest of his crew were in place, but it wouldn't hurt to make a call out. James pressed the comm on his ear active, "Sit rep, call out positions."

[member="Ruby Rose"] [member="Sophia Walsh"] [member="Growl"] [member="Corvetta Salvo"]

Ruby Rose

Every Rose Has its Thorns
Ruby was sitting at the bar laughing as she downed a third Hothian Iceflow, her preferred drink from back home. She leaned against a rough looking male sitting to her right, "That was hilarious Dormotov... those politicians deserve everything they have coming to them... cocky little ingrates always taking our money in taxes and whatnot..." She glances back at the two of you and winks as you enter the bar, motioning towards the man, marking him as someone who knows a lead.

"Oh you better believsh it doll..." the man slurs drunkenly, "Thats why we've been taking care of this brat... get some of that wealth they quandered back to ushhh..."

"Oh really now? I would love, to see that Dormy.... could you show me...Pleeaassee???" She practically kicks herself as she says all of this, trying to get a lead out of the man.

"well... I can't do thashh..."

Sophia Walsh Growl Corvetta Salvo [member="James Justice"]

Sophia had no idea how she had gotten herself dragged into this. These were the type of missions that Officers had never been sent on nor Viceroys. There was a first time for everything though and she was here for him. She had promised to teach him the ways of the Force and be his master. Learning on the job sometimes was the best way to learn.

Following him into the cantina Sophia immediately scanned the crowd out of habit. There was no one there that she instantly 'had a bad feeling about.' This put her at ease somewhat

Leaning over the bar she smiled brightly at the bartender "I'll have a Hurricane." As he went to make it Sophia turned to lightly smile at James. This may not be exactly what she was used to but she knew how to play the part.

[member="Ruby Rose"] [member="Growl"] [member="Corvetta Salvo"] [member="James Justice"]

James caught Ruby's sign and gave a subtle nod and wink. He was hoping she and Growl would be ready for any resistance that the contact would give on further interrogation. The spacer took his seat beside Sophia and wrapped an arm around her. Please, master, forgive me.

The bartender gave James a grin, "Who's the new broad, Runner 3?"

James gave the old contact a smile, "Name's Sophy. She's--" he pretended to search for the word he needed, "the full package," James gave a knowing wink.

The bartender guffawed and served up the freighter's usual, a Reactor Core. As James took a drink of the highly potent intoxicant he waved for one to be given to Sophia. The bartender obeyed and James leaned forward. "Ye hearing anything lately, Del?"

The large man shook his head, "Sorry, mate, not a word."

James fished out a cigarette and pressed it to his lips, lighting it, a credit chip fell on the dingy counter. "How' bout now?"

Del scratched his large chin, thinking, "Hmmm, come to think of it there was word that someone got in contact with the old gang again. Something about a hit."

James cocked an eyebrow, "Oi, specs, lad, ye knows I can't do a thing with that."

Del smirked, "Word on the street its for some Dramen brat."

James nodded, "Who put it out?"

Del shrugged, "Goes by White Wolf. Told you all I know, Runner. That's all I got."

[member="Growl"] [member="Ruby Rose"] [member="Sophia Walsh"] [member="Corvetta Salvo"]

As Growl sat at the bar 2 seats down from [member="James Justice"] to seem as if he wasn't affiliated with him his nostrils burned with the smell of smoke and alcohol.He just sat there motionless looking into a wall like some kind of broken machine.Growl was attempting to give everyone the sense he was better left alone so he could ponder about his next move.Growl would slightly shift his head to the right and notice James wrapping his arm around [member="Sophia Walsh"] whilst speaking to the bartender and saw that the bartender was a prick..like most bartenders and was withholding information until he received caps as payment.

Growl thought to himself "I bet if the boss would just let me take this guy out back for a few seconds I could get more out of him",he let out a dry laugh aloud as he turned his head back the the wall and continued to stare at it ominously.

Nar Shaddaa! Another place he'd never been, or at least since he could remember. Anzag was filled with as much excitement and curiosity as a possessed scarecrow could be. He was practically jumping on the wooden stilts he called legs. Despite his best efforts to appear friendly and congenial, he could hear whimpers from the crowd and detected the faint scent of urine from the garments of one of the younger humans. Great; somebody had pissed themselves again. He didn't even think he was that threatening!

His mouth was spread in a burlap-toothed grin and there were no locusts flying in and out of his mouth. Even the crows were on their best behavior. Still, the unholy green eyes and infinite blackness of his gaping mouth, along with being a towering scarecrow seemed to terrify the denizens of the planet.

Despite his fearsome appearance, Anzag was actually quite friendly. He used to be a terrifying reaper-like figure, yes, but now he just wanted to make some friends and explore the galaxy. He was having a sort of mid-undead-life crisis. This was further shown by his...odd style of dress. He'd taken quite a fashion to the Outer rim frontier style of dress since he'd been freed. A colorful poncho hung around his body. covering the burlap and straw exterior. A peculiar hat called a sombrero adorned his head, and a bandanna hung over his neck.

Since the thought the populace still seemed to be terrified of him, despite his silly costume, Anzag brought the bandana over his face, concealing his mouth. He lowered the sombrero over his eyes, trying to hide the glowing green embers kept eternally ablaze by some sort of Sith alchemy. He wanted to remain as inconspicuous as possible.

He wasn't really on a mission, just crossing another destination off his list. As was his custom, he planned on visiting one of the local bars. He couldn't drink, not having a stomach to hold the liquid or taste buds to savor it. Instead, he watched people and listened to their conversations, sometimes joining in. People were much more agreeable when drunk.

Much like the scythe he used to wield, he cut a swath through the crowd. No-one dared to go near the spectral figure, which only made him sad. So many interesting people unwilling to even talk to him. Luckily, he found a bar within only a couple miles of walking. The neon signs around it designated it as The Hospitable Hutt, a rather interesting name but fitting for the planet's history. Ducking out of the stream of people, he walked in, the doors making a small whoosh as they parted.

He could see the bar was well-inhabited with a human couple talking to the bartender. He sidled on over to one of the nearby open seats, awkwardly shifting his frame onto a stool much to small to support him. His wooden legs dangled over the side of the stool as he shifted his frame forward, removing his bandanna to speak.

"One Socorro Scotch, neat please," he rasped, a few stray locusts escaping from his mouth with a buzz. He turned his gaze towards the other patrons, finally settling it on the man next to him. He'd given out a sort of laugh as Anzag walked in, so he assumed he was in a good mood. He extended one wooden hand, tapping him lightly on the shoulder. "Howdy buddy! I'm Anzag, it's a pleasure to meet you!" he croaked, his burlap mouth splitting into a grin and his eyes quite literally glowing. The crows on his straw-padded shoulders croaked their greetings as well, staring at the man with greedy, beady eyes.

James had seen a lot of terrifying things in his life. You don't go crossing the galaxy a few times without seeing some very disturbing things. But this, this mechanism was unlike anything else. He had seen scarier, like the undead rancor that charged in at them and almost ate him and his crew. Then there was the angry zeltron woman when she caught him with another. He had no idea that she was a Sith--being caught in the middle of that fight was pure terror.

James laughed and took the wooden hand, genuinely amused. He gave the carrion fowl a look that told them they could feth themselves. "Anzag--interesting name, I must say." He took a swallow of his reactor core and settled back in his chair. He had to put up a friendly show. The fact that they were in the middle of hunting for a political refuge to rescue them was pressing--like nothing else on James' mind. One misstep and it wouldn't just be his own life on the line, it would be the team's and the subject's as well. Just another day in his life, he supposed. Unlike most, the danger, the stress and the life-or-death scenarios brought out the best in him.

He took a second to subtle nod to Ruby Rose, utilizing his low level telepathy to get the message across: Take him out back. Your good to go. Angling back he gave Growl a nod too: Go to have fun interrogating with Ruby. Satisfied, the spacer pulled Sophia a little closer and took a sip of his Reactor Core and looked at the scarecrow, "So tell me some about yeself mate, where ye from and what ye doing around here?"

[member="Growl"]
[member="Ruby Rose"]
[member="Anzag"]
[member="Sophia Walsh"]
[member="Corvetta Salvo"]
[member="Kylo Kyr'am"]

Kylo Kyr'am

Clan Kyr'am Alor'ad/Grim legion Leader
Kylo walks into the cantina in nar shaddaa and looks around for [member=James Justice]. Kylo noticed him at the bar and walks up to him. Kylo reached James and took a paper out of his duster and slaps it on the bar counter looking at James.

Look what I just bought Justice, we now own that old hotel that just closed down due to bankruptcy over in the entertainment district. I got an architect drawing up some plans for a nightclub and a remodel for the hotel. A legite business for us. What do you think?

Kylo looked around at all the patrons through the glowing red lense of his mask/helmet.

James could not--could not think of another distraction if he wanted to. But, he wouldn't complain. This right here was the perfect business venture and he was sure that Ruby and Growl could handle themselves, right?

Spinning to look at Kylo's plans and dusted ashes off his cigarette. He--liked this. Honest, dishonest business. They could always use more ventures and well, what was a more solid, steady income than a bar on Nar Shaddaa? He nodded, he liked the business, he could go for this, and he was sure this could have a double front. One for the smuggling and one that more than made up for it in selling the alcohol.

Stroking his chin, he nodded, quite excited, "Gimme a full detail--I want everything; the whole works. Alcohol, stripper poles, the max, and of course," he winked, "leave a floor for those who want to play," he chuckled and slapped Kylo's arm, "excellent work my friend."

[member="Kylo Kyr'am"]
[member="Anzag"]
[member="Growl"]
[member="Sophia Walsh"]
[member="Ruby Rose"]
[member="Corvetta Salvo"]

"Well I'm a litt-" Anzag was cut off by the newest guest at the bar, some sort of bounty hunter it appeared. How rude! An interruption! He was just getting warmed up! Peeved, he took a drink from his Socorro Scotch, feeling the booze plummet into the empty sack he called his torso. Some of the alcohol dripped down through the bottom, onto the stool and the floor. The rest was now sloshing around, being slowly consumed by the locusts inside. The crows on his shoulder took an interest in the alcohol and swooped down, trying to drink from the small puddle.

He let the two talk, not wanting to return the rudeness and interrupt in his own right. After all, he didn't age. He could quite literally sit there forever. He took the opportunity to glance around at the other patrons, trying to single anyone else out for a nice conversation. Not that he didn't enjoy spooking someone every once in a while, but he found conversation much more enjoyable.

[member="James Justice"][member="Kylo Kyr'am"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom