Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Ray of Hope

Zarael Valendale

Z
Kreedence Kreedence

In a realm bathed in the soft, radiant glow of a distant sun, there stood a figure of grace and majesty—the knight captain, Zarael, of the Order of the Sunstar. His presence seemed to shimmer with an ethereal light as he guided a teenage street urchin named Kreedance through the sacred grounds of the Temple of Radiance.

As they crossed the threshold of the temple, the very air seemed to resonate with a celestial energy, infusing every step with a sense of reverence. Zarael led Kreedance into a grand chamber, where a long, polished wooden table awaited, adorned with a lavish feast that beckoned with its aromatic delights. Crystal chandeliers hung from the ceiling, casting dancing reflections across the room.

"Today, Kreedance," Zarael's voice, gentle yet commanding, resonated with authority, "You shall dine like a Knight of the Order, a symbol of your potential and the path that lies ahead."

Zarael continued, his words carrying the weight of centuries of tradition, "As an aspirant of the Order of the Sunstar, you must abide by our sacred code, a code that embodies the very essence of the Celestial Duality."

In the temple, Zarael expounded upon the code of conduct and ethical guidelines that governed the members of the Order. "We, the followers of the Celestial Duality believe in the interconnectedness of light and dark, and we seek to find harmony within ourselves."

He spoke of the Ecliptic Crux, the transformative journey of confronting one's dark side, seeking self-betterment, and enlightenment. "Through this path, one can achieve the Ecliptic Revelation, a state of balance and understanding, a state of true enlightenment."

After the meal, Zarael led Kreedance to a quaint yet stunning bedroom within the temple, adorned with celestial motifs that seemed to mirror the night sky. The room exuded tranquility and peace, a sanctuary for contemplation and introspection.

Zarael handed Kreedance a set of fresh, clean robes, simple in design yet rich in significance. "These robes represent your commitment to the Celestial Duality and the path of the Order," Zarael explained.

Kreedence was silent throughout the whole ordeal. It was... a lot to take in. It also felt too good to be true. Granted, if Zarael's word was to be trusted, then Kree would have duties to uphold. A miracle and a burden.

He ate the meal, it had been offered to him after all, but not very much. His lifestyle didn't allow for such abundance; eating too much and too fast would only hurt him in the end. On top of that, he felt he needed to be respectful; this man, this order, was saving him after all. Despite that fact, a part of him wanted nothing more than to flee.

The young urchin followed Zarael regardless, trying to take it all in. When they arrived at the sanctuary-like bedroom, and the new clothes were placed in his hands he froze. It sank in. This was happening.

Kreed gulped silently, casting his gaze up to Zarael, his expression could only be described with skepticism and hesitation. His mouth felt dry as he finally spoke.

"What am I to do?" Those teal orbs searched the taller male for an answer, his grip tightening on the folded fabric in his hands. "You've explained what it means, but there's no way forward for me without direction."

"So," Kreed took a deep breath, a flicker of determination in his eyes as he looked up to Zarael, once more repeating his question. "What am I to do?"

Zarael Valendale

Zarael Valendale

Z
Zarael offered a warm, reassuring smile as he regarded the younger aspirant. "For now," he said gently, "I'd like you to focus on getting cleaned up, relaxing, and perhaps even taking a moment to rest. Feel free to explore your new surroundings, acquaint yourself with the temple's layout, and immerse yourself in its ambiance. If you wish, I can provide you with a guided tour, but if you'd prefer to wander and discover on your own, that's equally acceptable."

He continued, his voice carrying the soothing cadence of a mentor, "As for your duties, I want you to know that while you may be asked to perform simple tasks like cleaning or delivering messages, and on occasion, serving, I won't expect you to do any of that until I've personally taught you the proper way. In the days to come, you will receive lessons and attend classes to prepare you for these responsibilities. So, if you cherish your free time, now is the opportunity to make the most of it," Zarael added with a soft, reassuring purr in his voice.

Kreedence Kreedence

He thought for a good long moment, just nodding as he hugged the robes to his chest. "Alright. I'll do just that." His gaze was at the door, his mind still abuzz with thoughts, thinking hard on how he wanted to proceed. Kreedence didn't wish to stumble around in the dark; if this was going to be his new life then he wanted to know exactly where it was heading.

"When should I expect to start training with you then?" He was itching to get started. This all still felt too good to be true, and Kree wasn't one to stay idle for long. "And am I expected to be present for anything.... that isn't apart of the Orders usual lifestyle..?" He was nervous, after all Zarael had mentioned pleading his case to the Order and a 'Council'. The thought that he was facing charges for trespassing and worse kept him on edge, and made him pay all the more attention to Zarael.

Zarael Valendale

Zarael Valendale

Z
Kreedence Kreedence

Zarael observed Kreedance's earnestness and nodded approvingly. "Alright, Kreedance, taking that initiative is a commendable trait," he remarked with a reassuring smile.

"As for your training," Zarael continued, "we'll begin as soon as you feel comfortable and settled in your new surroundings. You'll receive lessons and guidance tailored to your needs. We'll embark on this journey together when you're ready."

He sensed Kreedance's apprehension and leaned in slightly, speaking in a reassuring tone. "Regarding your presence in matters beyond the Order's usual lifestyle, I understand your concerns. Rest assured, I will guide you through the process. You may need to attend hearings and discussions, but remember, I'm here to support you. We will work together to present your case before the Council in the best possible light."

Zarael's words were meant to alleviate Kreedance's anxiety, assuring him that he had an advocate and mentor in his corner.

Kreedence couldn't keep the pained, worried expression from his face. A moment passed before he sighed, simply shaking his head, the frustration and concern melting from his features. He turned his gaze, full of resolve, up to Zarael as he nodded once more. "Very well. I'll rest for tonight. Can I take you up on that offer of a guided tour? Tomorrow morning?" He took in a deep breath, holding it for a second before letting it go.

"I'd like to start training as soon as I can, too, if you have the time. Please. The sooner, the better." He hoped Zarael would comply, after all he had no wish to stand idly by.

Zarael Valendale

Zarael Valendale

Z
Zarael observed the shift in Kreedance's emotions, sensing his initial worry and then his newfound resolve. He nodded in understanding, his tone gentle and supportive. "Of course, Kreedance. A guided tour tomorrow morning sounds like an excellent idea. I'll make sure you're well-acquainted with our temple and its various chambers."

He could see the eagerness in Kreedance's eyes and nodded once more, his voice filled with reassurance. "And as for your training, I admire your dedication. Tomorrow, we'll begin your journey towards mastering the ways of the Celestial Duality. The sooner we start, the better indeed. Rest well tonight, for tomorrow marks the beginning of a new chapter in your life."

Kreedence Kreedence

"Rest well tonight, for tomorrow marks the beginning of a new chapter in your life."

A wave of relief wash over Kreedence as Zarael agreed to start on his training as soon as possible. The young Divinarie had no visible change in his demeanor, that same unwavering determination clear throughout every fiber of his being. He took a moment, pausing to collect himself, before dipping his head forward respectfully at Zarael.

"I will." Kree raised his gaze back to Zara's. "Good night. And... thank you... again."

Kreed turned on his heel without another thought, beelining right for the washroom, not even seeing his new 'guardian' out. He wanted nothing more than a bath at that moment; to give his wings a proper cleaning and relax, if even only for just that one night, in the luxury he'd been given. Well over an hour was spent preening and cleaning himself up, and it was only after Kreedence had braided his hair and dressed in the robes Zarael had provided, that he collapsed atop the bed and allowed himself to sleep.

Probably the most restful sleep he'd had in months.

Zarael Valendale

Zarael Valendale

Z
Zarael watched with a sense of satisfaction as Kreedance's determination shone through, even in his moments of relief and gratitude. He inclined his head slightly in response to Kreedance's respectful nod.

"You're most welcome, Kreedance," Zarael replied with genuine warmth in his voice. "Rest well, little one."

With that, he allowed Kreedance to go about his preparations for the night, silently acknowledging the young Divinarie's need for solitude and self-care. Zarael quietly departed the room, leaving Kreedance to his well-deserved rest.

Kreedence Kreedence

Dawn came eventually, and the young Divinarie rose with it. Kreedence was an early riser to begin with; though waking after such restful sleep in what was the most comfortable piece of furniture he'd ever seen made leaving the bed that much harder. He got up, despite his urge to just roll over and snuggle into the blankets for another hour, after all he'd start his training today, right?

It took him less than ten minutes to get ready; to wash up, fix his hair, tidy what little of the room got messy, and get some quick stretched in. He wondered, turning to open the door if Zarael would be waiting for him right outside the door or somewhere else in the temple.

Regardless of what happened, today was the true start of his new journey.

Zarael Valendale

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom