Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question of Duty

[SIZE=12pt]“I’ll make sure that whoever it is is briefed completely on what is expected, and how far they are allowed to go.”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith poured additional hot water into the cup, “You might not be comfortable with all of th[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]is [member="Lady Kay"] but we are at war with the Sith and anyone who helps them further their goals. We need all the information we can get[/SIZE][SIZE=12pt].”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith turned placing to tea pot down thinking carefully on her words, “A trained operative with you might see or hear something that you wouldn’t because of your position, and your activity” Faith had someone in mind someone she felt would fit nicely, "I do have a young woman in mind, I will speak with [member="Ali Hadrix"] and see if she has received an assignment, and then if we can we'll arrange a meeting"[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Faith smiled and looked down, information on [member="Mantic Dorn"] , interesting .[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Her dark eyes stared at the words and then she looked back at Lady Kay . “Jedi Dorn has an interesting file as well.” Faith picked up her cup.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]“So. There are many events coming up across the galaxy, as a Senator will you be attending any?”[/SIZE]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
[member="Faith Balor-Organa"]

Kay cradled the cup in her hands again, allowing the water to settle with the rest of her tea before she'd take a sip.

"I understand that there is a war going on. I have just never been paired up with an agent before. But I will meet with whomever you choose." Hopefully the two of them would get along.

She sipped her tea and nodded with regards to [member="Mantic Dorn"] . "Yes, from my time with him he has been a very good protector. I'm sure that in the near future he will become a fantastic Jedi Knight."

"As for the events, I will try to attend where I can. But for the moment I am working on acquiring more trade contracts for Commenor." Hopefully that was all to the Minister's liking.

[member="Lady Kay"]

"I understand, i am always negotating deals that will remove things from Alderaan, and in building up businesses on Alderaan, specifically Aldera City right now" Faith took a sip of tea.

"What do you think of the Jedi?" Faith asked, she knew that many had different ideas about them she of course had a few of her own, but often wondered what others thought.

Kay-Larr

"The Jedi? I have met only a few of them, to tell you the truth. And those that I have met seem alright. But I know so little about what they have been up to as I haven't kept up on all of the events as of late."

She had no idea about the attack on the Capital until the voting of moving it elsewhere. Kay had been too busy in other parts of the Galaxy to watch the holonews.

[member="Lady Kay"]

"The young woman I had in mind to join you is currently tied up in training, perhaps you and I could travel together for a bit. Sort of a good will mission" She smiled, she wasn't trying to be devious, she was just trying to find a way to do something that needed to be done.

she had a feeling the tide was getting ready to change.

Kay-Larr

Kay sipped her tea, raising a brow. That was unexpected. She didn't know if she should feel honoured or worried. Hesitating too much however, wouldn't do well for her.

"Of course. That would be lovely...Where would you like to go to? My friend Solan is going to host a festival. Always a good idea to go and create new contacts."

Kay had no idea who would be attending, but she tended to always find some that shared her cause.

[member="Lady Kay"]

"A Festival, sure sounds adventursome, who is Solan?" Faith could look and know every detail known but she had no reason currently. Currently it was talk and chatter and they'd figure out what they were to do, and when to do it.

Minister of Intelligence.

Senator.

Princess...

the titles were endless and gave her a headache.

Kay-Larr

"Solan Charr. He's the King of Kresh and a good friend of mine. We've both fought against the Cartel together many times. We don't plan it that way, we just end up bumping into eachother."

He was one of her most trusted friends. So of course she was going to attend one of his festivals and help wherever she could.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Lady Kay may very well be the very epitome of a shady senator, Faith did not know how to deal with that. Strange how she 'bumped' into the very people and circumstances that they, being the Republic were fighting.

'Festival sounds fun, maybe a break from everything would, clear my mind" She smiled and maybe everyone wouldn't look like some kind of criminal.

Kay-Larr

Kay smiled and sipped her tea once again. "Wonderful. It was just going to be a ball, but then he wanted to be sure that everyone would enjoy themselves, so he's made an entire festival around it."

She paused as she thought back to the parties that her and her late husband used to attend and how she was too embarrassed to dance because she always ended up stepping on his feet. Good memories. "It will be nice to see another familiar face there."

Well at least no one was being assigned to her. Maybe she wasn't doing as badly as she had thought and was just worrying herself over the legalities of what she was doing for no apparent reason.

[member="Lady Kay"]

"Yes, and with that I must excuse myself and hope to see you at Festival I have another meeting to attend to, I do hope you will forgive me" Faith set the tea cup down. This had been a very interesting meeting and she hoped to run into the Senator more.

And she hoped that she would not find out that the Senator was doing things that would find her on trial for actions taken, no matter how well intended.

"I have enjoyed this it is not very often someone comes in and talks, they usually are frowning, with bad news" Faith smiled. Perhaps here was a new friend.

Kay-Larr

Kay finished her tea and bowed her head after getting to her feet. "Well...I try to keep positive. I always have hope that things will work out." She set the cup aside. "Thank you for seeing me. It was lovely getting to know you. I will see you at the festival."

Bowing her head once more, she turned and stepped out of the office. If she had the Minister on her side, then maybe things wouldn't be so bad for her later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom