Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Quest.

He lay staring at the ceiling of a simple home. Much like His own in many ways. The soft sounds of the Dathomir jungle could still be heard outside though He had forgotten them for a time. She lay in the crook of His arm, head on His shoulder as His calloused fingers traced circles on Her arm with an idle languid consistency. Contentment was laced heavily in the silence that had fallen between them as He focused on absolutely nothing but the feeling of Her skin and the raised scars and tattoos that He found Himself following with his fingertips.

One arm up behind His head as They rested and He tilted His head down to gently place a kiss on Her forehead and revel for a moment in the scent of Her.

"You smell delicious." He said in a half croaked growl, that vibrated his heavy frame, before He smirked and looked over from the corner of His eye.

Evelyn Rekali Evelyn Rekali

She rested with her eyes closed, feeling the deep steady drum of his heart, beneath the hand resting on his chest, coasting the edge of sleep, tired, but not wanting to miss a moment. The kiss on the top of her head, made her eyes flutter open, his deep bass voice vibrated through his chest as he spoke, drawing a smile from her lips.

Tilting her head up, she inched upwards to place a kiss on his cheek, before settling back down to his shoulder with a content hum. Her fingers idly began tracing the many scars on his chest, quietly trying to decipher their weapon they originated from. Burns from an explosion, slices from blades, scores from a lightsaber, a nasty on in his side she was sure was from on axe.

"Your scars tell a sad story, Jasper." she said softly, still tracing them "Even for a warrior, you have endured much."

Ordo Ordo

"I'll endure more still if I have to Cyar'ika." He said pulling her close and basking in her presence. He trailed a hand lazily from her shoulder to her elbow and back as they relaxed.

"That one by your finger was a krayt dragon bite. Went into the wrong cave without the right kit." He shook His head and closed His eyes, "We were hunting a Sith. Didn't know He had hide his hideaway in a dragon's home."

He looked down at her and back at the ceiling.

"But I'm boring." He said, "Tell me about your tattoos? I want to hear it all."

Evelyn let out a low chuckle. "Been a long time since I hunted a krayt dragon."

She rolled gently onto her back, keeping her head on his shoulder, interlacing their fingers as she lifted her arms to inspect the myriad of ink that decorated her skin. Layer upon layers of story, each one linked into the next. She picked the simplest one to start, the inside of her forearm, a totem pole of animals, a panther for her son, a hawk for her daughter, a bull for her buir and a rancor for her grandfather, all beneath the spread of great eagle representing her grandmother, her voice quiet but full of love as she explained each one.

"My children are all that is left, the purge took the rest." she said sadly. "Now they are mandokarla in their own right, carving their own path. Jhi serves your sister, I've never seen her so driven, and Aran...well, he's driven by credits, chasing bounties across the stars."

Ordo Ordo

"My children are all that is left, the purge took the rest." she said sadly. "Now they are mandokarla in their own right, carving their own path. Jhi serves your sister, I've never seen her so driven, and Aran...well, he's driven by credits, chasing bounties across the stars."

"I've hunted my share of bounties, it's a good profession." He said calmly as He ran His eyes over every line of ink as She pointed them out. He nodded but didn't focus on the purge. He had failed to stop it. He had wanted to strangle His sister with His own hands at the time, but He knew better than anyone her reasons for each act were and what she had paid for the choices she made, He had still nearly fought her himself in their brief confrontation before they left to fight the death watch and their purge.

"And anything that drives us to grow can be appreciated if not always enjoyed." He said as He gathered His courage, "I tried to stop the Death Watch in the first purge and failed to be there to stop Kaine for the second. I blame myself for all of it sometimes, even if it is the pinnacle of arrogance to assume responsibility for an entire people. I can't help but feel I failed them. Maybe that's why I took on so many things. I'm an arrogant old man that's too stubborn to change."

He looked down at Her and gave a smile to break the seriousness of His lowered walls, His voluntary vulnerability.

"Or maybe I keep coming back for pretty witches in beskar'gam." He said as he stretched out his toes and legs beneath the sheets before adopting a mock smugness that he could barely portrait much less feel at the moment, "Who knows what us living legends really think. We just roam around doing as we please, you know?"

Evelyn let out a snort, jabbing a thumb between his ribs with expert precision a smile playing on her lips as queit fell for a moment, permeated only by the soft sound of rain on the roof of her hut.

"Perhaps you are responsible," she said finally bringing their interlaced hands to her mouth, placing a kiss on each of his fingers, "But only in part. You have powers I have not seen before, Jasper, but even you in all your might you cannot be everywhere." she released his hand rolling to her side to prop herself up on an elbow and look down at him.

"We cannot change the past, but we can grow from it. The mistakes you and yours made shaped the way I grew up, the way my children grew up, but I wouldn't change any of it for the world. Between the sorrow and the pain of loss, there was so much joy." she placed a hand on his cheek, thumb trailing across his lips before she dipped her head to kiss him. "There is still so much joy to be had, my Hunter. See that, instead of the despair."

Ordo Ordo

. "There is still so much joy to be had, my Hunter. See that, instead of the despair."
He revelled in the feeling of her simply in His presence. The sensation of her being close. The sound of her voice, like a soft music that resonated with His every fiber. He should not love her so soon. He should not doom someone with His love at all, but it was beyond His control. He could feel nothing else. She kissed Him and it felt as if she was pulling the pieces He'd left behind to guide thier people through the hells back together. And He wanted it. He wanted to be whole again so She could have all of Him. Not only war. He wanted her to have what little good was in Him with the War that He was.

"You're right, Huntress." He said as He took her hand, callused like His own, "I see you. That's a joy. I'll want for nothing more."

He lifted her finger tips back to His face and kissed them each.

"I guess I could try and make breakfast." He said against her palm as He pressed His lips to it, "You'll have to let me have your kitchen for an hour."

Evelyn raised her eyebrows in surprise. She had chosen him because she'd been drawn to him, not only for his looks but because she'd felt a tug in her soul, in the bery core of her being that she was supposed to be with this man. She had always followed that pull, it had been her saviour in more ways than one.

But to pull her to a man that could cook?

"Jasper, if you can truly cook, I'll marry you on the spot." She laughed, before gesturing through the door "The kitchen is yours."

The huts layout was simple enough three rooms, in total, two bedrooms with their own ensuites, on the off chance that Aran of Jhi needed a place to crash, and a large open living space comprised of large comfortable couches and a well stocked kitchen

Ordo Ordo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom