Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply A Profitable Meeting

Deputy Director of the IGBC

Chris Glenn - STAR WARS The Clone Wars / Environments & Vehicles

/:/ Scipio /:/
/:/
A Profitable Meeting /:/
/:/ Tag: /:/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A slender eyebrow perked up arched in curiosity as the InterStellar Stock Exchange appeared on the compact desk screen for him to peruse. The InterGalactic Banking Clan had experienced a remarkable resurgence following the downfall of the New Imperial Order, with regulations and security measures easing as the remaining Imperial Warlords battled for control over the remnants of the once powerful imperial war apparatus.

Amidst the chaos, a new player emerged from the shadows in the form of the Sith-Imperial Banking Clan, filled with turncoats left over from the Sith Empire who had forsaken the fundamental principles of the authentic banking clan.

Even with their successful loan programs and generous discounts, rumors have reached the Deputy Director about the Dark Empire's plans to dominate and establish their own economic power structure by invading the Planets of Muunilinst, Entralla and Scipio.

The Banking Clan found themselves in a precarious situation due to this unprofitable plan, forcing them to look for external clients in order to withstand the imminent threats.

"T-4, you may send the client in." The rather nasily voice of the Deputy Director said into the intercom system, allowing the client to enter inside.

Amidst the throng of other waiting pedestrians, there exists an odd juxtaposition of figures. Towering above the crowd like a monolith stands a man of imposing stature, his frame reminiscent of a Wookiee's formidable build. Clad entirely in garments as dark as the void, his attire is dominated by a long, dark brown leather duster that flutters behind him like a cloak of shadows. Yet, it is not his sheer size that draws attention, but rather the mysterious aura that surrounds him. His skin, concealed beneath an intricate tapestry of tattoos or perhaps markings of alien origin, absorbs the ambient light, rendering him an enigmatic silhouette against the urban backdrop. Two yellow faintly glowing orbs, serving as his eyes, pierce through the space in the room, casting an unsettling gleam upon those who dare to meet his gaze. And when he parts his lips, revealing a toothy grin, it sends shivers down the spines of even the most audacious onlookers.

But amidst the sea of ordinary mortals, there strides another figure, markedly contrasting yet inexplicably linked to the imposing presence. A short, Near-Human male, unremarkable in appearance save for the impeccable elegance of his attire. Draped in a finely tailored suit and tie, he exudes an air of refinement and sophistication that stands in stark contrast to the primal essence exuded by his companion. Despite the discrepancy in their physical stature, it is evident that these two are not mere acquaintances but rather inseparable companions. The smaller man moves with purpose, his steps measured and deliberate, while the hulking figure beside him looms like a silent guardian, ever watchful, ever vigilant. Together, they navigate the labyrinthine streets, an unlikely duo bound by secrets unknown to the world at large.

"T-4, you may send the client in." The rather nasily voice of the Deputy Director said into the intercom system, allowing the client to enter inside.
The large door opened revealing a droid that motioned the next arrival to enter and the elegantly dress man was first to stand up, but only after inspecting his suit and wiping off a insignificant spec of dust. Next he snapped his fingers and nodded to the larger figure next to him. The large tattooed "Man" seemed slightly irritated at the notion but his movements also fell in line.

The duo entered the chamber, a action that was immediately followed by a bow from the man in suit and tie to their host. A Muun named Sossi Tabb II Sossi Tabb II . A member of the IGBC and the future potential help for the duo's vested interests. A bead of sweat slowly fell down the elegantly dressed mans forehead before he finally introduced himself. " It is wonderful to meet you. I am Joneleth and I look foreword to discussing a rather profiting deal to be made." He paused and took a step forward and slightly glanced back at his large "servant". " Please, I hope you dont mind the company of my uh servant. I take security mattered very serious. May we be seated?"

While waiting a response, The large man behind seemed to tap his foot lightly to himself and cross his arms. Body language the expressed uninterest and impatience. But why?

/:/ Tag: Scour Scour /:/

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The client was led by the golden protocol droid through the elaborate doors into the office of the Deputy Director. This gave the Muun a chance to identify the individual they would be negotiating with.

It could be speculated that the client was affiliated with the Dark Empire, sent to gather information on the InterGalactic Banking Clan. Alternatively, they might be associated with the Galactic Alliance, concerned that the Muuns were providing better loan terms to emerging powers rather than to them.

Such preconceived notions would not be suitable to discuss with a prospective client, as the well-dressed man identified himself as Mr. Joneleth and expressed interest in discussing mutually beneficial terms.

The burly man accompanying him seemed to be a security guard, hinting at Joneleth's high status in interstellar affairs or potential involvement in criminal activities.

"Your servant is more than welcome, Mr. Joneleth. Please take a seat." Sossi replied, gesturing for them to take a seat in the brown leather chairs. He took a mental note of the bodyguard's uninterest and impatience in such a formal proceeding. He would not drag out the meeting more than neccessary to finalize the account, to save them potential time.

"Now, what can the InterGalactic Banking Clan do for you at this juncture." A simple question to start, one of vital importance.

The burly man accompanying him seemed to be a security guard, hinting at Joneleth's high status in interstellar affairs or potential involvement in criminal activities.

"Your servant is more than welcome, Mr. Joneleth. Please take a seat." Sossi replied, gesturing for them to take a seat in the brown leather chairs. He took a mental note of the bodyguard's uninterest and impatience in such a formal proceeding. He would not drag out the meeting more than neccessary to finalize the account, to save them potential time.

"Now, what can the InterGalactic Banking Clan do for you at this juncture." A simple question to start, one of vital importance.

" Thank you." Joneleth said politely and remained standing for a second and watched as his "Servant" took a seat before him. A strange interaction or dynamic maybe. Once both were seated he began again. " I assume you are well informed about the current state of the, uh, Galaxy and the uh...ebbs and flows of...uh-" Joneleth was interrupted when a large black hand slapped the back of his neck with a loud SMACK. The mans "servant" glared at Joneleth and suddenly the true relationship of the two was revealed.

" Shut up! Speak any more and you will not only be insulating my intelligence but also his!" Scour finally let loose some pent up frustration with a growl. A finger pointed at the Muun Sossi Tabb II Sossi Tabb II . The large "man" was preparing to speak again when Joneleth began his defense. " I...I...I did what you..asked of me!?" He managed to say before being lifted from his chair and tossed several feet behind Scour. " Keep your karking mouth shut! Test me one more time!" Scour exclaimed. His face never looked back at Joneleth, instead his full attention remained on the Muun.

Joneleth remained on the floor and let out a stress filled shuttering exhale. Both hands reaching and grabbing his face as he sort of melted in his own anguish.

" You can call me Scour! Captain Scour!" A sinister grin etched across the pirates face. " Slave trade is at an all time high and potential profit margin grows with each passing day that the Galactic powers beat each other to death. Crime is on the rise." Scour leaned back in his seat and propped two dirty durasteel plated boots on the Muun's desk decor. " Now, I what I need is a loan for 3.5 million credits. With no formal sourcing back to me or my organizations. I want full confidentiality. At 3.8% interest for a total duration of two galactic standard years." By this time Scour was picking his teeth with some sort of durasteel tool as he disclosed his proposal. Two amber eyes shifted and inspected the Muun closely waiting to read the aliens response.

The Deputy Director was intrigued by the unfolding scene before him, as it became very clear that Mr. Joneleth and his servant, later revealed to be Captain Scour, were engaged in a rather heated confrontation.

It was evident that the Captain wielded the real power in their dynamic, dispelling any previous misconceptions about Joneleth's role and impact.

They were not associated with the high soceity or a prominent member of the criminal underworld, merely a bystander brought along to make the Captain's case much more appealing to the InterGalactic Banking Clan.

His earlier inquriy was answered sometime later after they got done speaking with each other, wanting a loan of 3.5 million credits, with no tracing back to him or his organizations. Of course, the Banking Clan would never disclose a client's information under any cirumstances.

Additionally, they wanted 3.8% interest for the total duration of two galactic standard years.

"Well; Captain Scour, we can certainly accomodate your request for such a loan. However, we need assurance that you will repay it within the agreed timeframe. What collateral would you offer in case of default??"

The Muun asked, wanting to know what the Captain would be willing to offer the IGBC as a security payment for the loan. In the event that the individual failed to repay the loan within the specified contract period, the Banking Clan would take possession of the surrendered item and collect it through force if required.

Last edited:
"Well; Captain Scour, we can certainly accommodate your request for such a loan. However, we need assurance that you will repay it within the agreed timeframe. What collateral would you offer in case of default??"

The Muun asked, wanting to know what the Captain would be willing to offer the IGBC as a security payment for the loan. In the event that the individual failed to repay the loan within the specified contract period, the Banking Clan would take possession of the surrendered item and collect it through force if required.

As yes down to the details of business now.

" Collateral. I would offer my ship as collateral. I call it the Kreature. It is rather alien to anything in...this galaxy." For a brief moment Scour began fishing for something in his pockets. Then with a growl he stood up and began empting his trench coat pockets on the decor in front of them. Some spice, two deathsticks, a depleted energy cell, a dozen stolen ID cards and finally a Holodisk. The item he was looking for. Tossing the item on the desk, Scour waved his hand and watched it turn on to reveal his prized possession. A Miid ro'ik. " 100% Yuuzhan Vong Bio-Technology. She is a beauty." he grinned wide and then turned his gaze to the Muun. " As part of the arrangement I will also require my ship. It is after all how I...collect all those dear souls. Heheheh."

The captain waited a response, although the question was never proposed by him. It was rather more of a statement or command coming out of his mouth.

Sossi Tabb II Sossi Tabb II

The majority of people who approach the Banking Clan often lack any valuable assets to bring to the table.

As a result, they are required to sign a contract agreement that safeguards the Banking Clan's investment in their venture. Such a document legally binds the individual responsible for the debt, ensuring protection for their interests should they decide to collect forcefully once the loan ran out.

Although it seemed that Captain Scour had something of value to offer as a security payment, a certain Miid ro'ik. Crafted by the Vong Empire centuries ago upon their arrival in the galaxy, this bio-engineered behemoth rivaled the size of an Imperial Star Destroyer. While it held immense significance during the Vong Empire's conquest, its worth in the current market of 900 ABY remains uncertain.

"The Banking Clan is willing to consider your starship as collateral for your loan. However, we need to ensure that it holds the same value as the loan in order to protect our investment into your venture. I would need time to send it to the Evaluation Division for final approval." The Deputy Director explained, finding no fault in accepting the starship upfront. However they would need to send the data to the Evaulation Division to see if the loan and the starship were of an equal exchange.

"If you don't have the time to spare, are there other collaterals you have on hand that would equal 3.5 million credits?" He doubted the Captain patience would last long enough for the two items to be compared and contrasted.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom