Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Potential Employee

Alli Vern waited in her office keeping busy. She had seen a rising inventor and engineer that seemed to have potential and thus was investing in his future. She had paid for the man to be flown to Wren'Goa Station and was hopeful to meet him. Hopefully they could come up with an agreement that gave Tanlab more products and the man enough credits to compensate. She was always on the lookout for talent. After all if you didn't innovate than you fell behind. She had to admit it had been a while since they had come out with anything. They were falling behind.

The office was rather boring, she hadn't had a chance to change it yet. She wanted to update it a bit. However it was professional, a bit boring but had enough furniture and small decorations to fill up the empty space. Alli was unsure of what direction to go with it to be honest. She missed her old office when she use to run Baktoid. She had to admit that it just wasn't the same. Her receptionist had let her know that the man had arrived, she stood and went towards the door to greet him. She was wearing a plain black pant suit and had her hair straight.

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji entered the place once he had been flewn here. He was hoping the deal would go well as he could use the money to fund his crusade against Corpos. This was a reason why he had decided to take the business deal she had made. Taji then spoke to her once he was in the room. "So you paid for me to be brought here?" asked Taji, as he sat down. He was wearing a green business suit. Beneath it though he had the Archer Uniform hidden as well as a few odds and ends should this meeting turn out wrong, or should she turn out to be like Corpos. Taji was a young man, not even 18 yet. "Why did you have me flown here?" He asked, as he looked at her. He was trying to determine if she was anything like Corpos at all. If she was, he'd have to take her down hard and fast because he wasn't going to be held prisoner or used by Corpos.

Alli raised a brow, did he not like being treated? "I meant no offense. I was just trying to woo you. Usually when we find someone with the skill and talent to make things, we are not the only ones attempting to work out an deal with them. So I rolled out the red carpet so to speak. I didn't want to lose out because we didn't. Honestly we need new people and new ideas here. Mainly we manage two stations, ensuring they are running and maintained. This station, Wren'goa Station and the other is the Libertalia. However we haven't had much luck in the way of products, I am hoping to change that by hiring people with new ideas. We could really use some new blood so to speak. I am not sure how you wish to proceed, I was thinking that perhaps the best solution would be to set up an subsidiary for you. I have looked at your ideas, and I know just working for me is a waste of your potential. We could provide the initial investment and in return receive an agreed amount of shares. Then you can use the money to grow your company as you wish and of course as a major shareholder we would have a say but for the day to day operations you would be in charge. We could also just produce your products for you if you have your own company and enough to pay for the manufacturing runs. We could also purchase the patents from you or license them from you and give you an agreed upon price per unit sold. "
Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
"Sorry about the attitude. Was dealing with something very frustrating where I was before. Between that, and some harassment from a certain... shall we say organization, I'm not used to being pampered. " Taji took his bag and put it between them. "My first invention is this bag. It is a pocket dimension that can store 30 items inside it."

He pulled a drink from it and offered it to her. "You can have the patent on Energex." He stated. "My company makes prototypes and sells to the larger companies to mass produce. The licensing arrangement sounds good. I already have many creative uses for your nanites thought up. "

Taji looked at her. "Nonlethal crowd control tech. Immobilizers of some sort. " He pulled out a shocker bullet. "Something like this but better. "

Last edited by a moderator:
Alli smiled. "I would love to license them then, I will have the lawyers write it up. We can write it up with as many inventions as you wish to offer me. We will write you out a quarterly check based on numbers sold. I can of course offer a projected amount right away if needed. She took the drink and placed it on her desk, she would have her lab analyze it first. "Yes we can license out the construction Nanites or even work on a combined project. I can assign some resources to it. However if you want to work with the technology of the nanites themselves then its better then we start a partnership where we both get rights to whatever is birthed from it. We split the costs of course and I will provide a team and we can procure a lab for you to work in. How does that sound?"

Taji Nelson

T
Taji smiled at her. "It sounds like a very interesting and lucrative arrangement for the both of us. I do have one restriction on the bag, though. A failsafe against explosives will be installed into each one before any of them are sold to any military organization, and yes, this also includes the components of explosives as well." His tech would not be used to bomb people to death if he had anything to say about it. "Working together to invent something better than the construction nanites you has sounds like a very good thing. You mean it? I'd get a lab of my own?" He had never had a lab of his own but had to improvise and work wherever he could on Denon. It hadn't been pleasant to juryrig things, and work wherever he could. He then asked. "Could you help me make this even better than it is? It's an item that would remain unique." He said, as he laid down the Upgraded Gloves near her so she could take a look at the product that he had been working on.

"I am looking forward to this partnership between us," said Taji. Taji smiled at her for a moment. "I would like for my inventions to be mass produced by you for the most part." He smiled again at her. He asked her. "So, can I see that lab?" asked Taji as he looked at her for a moment.

Alli laughed at the boy's excitement. "Yeah I mean it and that rule is fine, I don't mind if it doesn't allow explosives. I will have the lawyers put together the deal and you can have your own help or just double check it. How about this, Nelson Prototyping and Tanlab Industries will form a joint project, anything that comes out of it will be split between us. You can use the lab on your own time for pet projects. Anything made outside the project can be licensed. We can build a new lab somewhere else if you don't want to work on Wren'goa Station. " She got up and led the way towards the elevator it moved side ways and down a couple floors to a floor full of men and women in lab coats and the like. The area was pristine and through various panels you could see projects in various stages of experimentation. Alli led the way towards a dark lab that lit up the moment the A.I in the place authorized her presence. She gestured towards the lab full of equipment. "If we don't have something, we can move it to this lab or you can put in a request to use another if the equipment isn't something you can move." She smiled and hoped he would help himself to explore, She knew as someone who liked to experiment that a new lab was always fun. "If you want anything different, let me know I can see to it."

Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji smiled at all of her words. "Nice! I'm looking forward to us working together on a joint project. The first thing we need to do is work on the bag so we can have our own version of my bag operational." He said. He had a grin on his face as he looked at her. She kept making things so nice for him. The lab was wooing him. It was certainly something he had never expected in his life. "You've got all sorts of stuff I'd love to tinker with." smiled Taji as he looked at her for a moment. He had a grin on his face. "I'd love to work in this lab. I'd also love to have a Portable Lab for myself as well, just in case." This was impressive.

He was truly enjoying this. He started to explore the lab for a moment. "Is that a....." He looked at one of the Supercomputers in the lab. "A supercomputer?!?" He asked. "I've never had access to one of them, at all!!!"

Taji asked her. "By any chance could you invent a mini reactor that I could attach into an armor suit that I'll be building? As a small power supply that could allow it to not need to be a huge suit of armor?"

The lab was certainly something he'd never had. "I've got all sorts of ideas for inventions. Ships, weapons, armor, " He was rambling.

Alli laughed, she loved times like this. It reminded her of when she was younger. "We can make anything, however I don't know how we would do a portable lab but I am sure I could get you a computer or something if you need one. The labs are all isolated systems and have their own power supply to ensure that they down't affect each other. They also each have their own filtration systems and the doors seal air tight. We can always rent a lab for the project somewhere else. How many of my researchers do you want to help you, I can approve up to 10 personnel at any time. Just fill out the request form and send it to me. I can see if we have anything close to a mini reactor, what size are you thinking exactly? I can see if we can't get something going for it. " This was the joys of science. It was nice to see someone enthusiastic about their job again. Too often people got caught up in the work aspect and stopped enjoying what they do. "Is there anything else I can help you with or should I leave you to the lab, I hope we both can act in good faith until the paperwork is drawn up and let you start ahead of time. " Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji then pulled out the hand held computer he had with him for a moment, and showed it to her. "Well, there's a lot you can help me with actually." He said as he looked at her. "I would love for us to work on an invention together, maybe integrate an AI." On the hand held computer were designs aesthetically for a powered armor suit. "Usually I work alone, but I'll take 2 to 3 assistants at most." said Taji, as he looked at her for a moment. He sighed. "Most of the equipment I invent is strictly nonlethal though." This was because he had an aversion to killing. Taji smiled for a moment, and asked her. "Do you want to help me build the ideas I've got for Powered Armor, or at least start work making my designs more than just a picture of a suit of powered armor?" He asked her. "Ever do any Artificial Intelligence?"

Serenity

Artificial Intelligence
Serenity appeared on the Holo projector on the main console in the room. "Greetings I am Serenity, I am here to assist you with your research. " Meanwhile a droid arrives with a tray of various foods and a A.N.S.R if he didn't want to bother with the other food. "I noticed that you seem to be malnourished when I scanned you. Please make sure to eat, if you are too involved, you can always have an A.N.S.R. " She would smile at the organic, she was the original Serenity employed at all of Tanlab's ventures. She helped Alli and the other researchers and was installed on a super computer in each lab. Of course due to the isolated systems a copy was in each lab. It made data transmission hard but it was to protect each lab from outside interference. The A.I used to be apart of a lot more but with the Republic removing her she was limited in scope. Now she mainly had her many copies help here and other places. Ensuring that Tanlab ran smoothly even when Alli was out.

Taji Nelson

T
Enjoying the food that she had brought in, Taji relaxed as he smiled at the AI. "Hello Serenity." He said as he looked at the AI for a moment. "Alright, this is good food." He pocketed the A.N.S.R. for later in case he should need it for himself. Building himself a suit of powered armor was going to be fun with the assistance of the AI known as Serenity. This was going to be fun as he'd have the food and supplies he needed in order to survive here. "Would you like me to build you a body Serenity, or upgrade your Holo Form into a Hard Light Form?" He asked. He was grinning from ear to ear. "I'd love to pack some A.N.S.R.s in case I need them for later, if you would let me pack them up to be ready."

He then asked the Artificial Intelligence. "So, do you mind getting some materials to use in construction of armor for me, Serenity?" He asked. "it will be an armor I will let your maker's company produce, as well as a few other companies."

Alli Vern smiles and laughs at the two. "I will see myself out, have fun. I will go make this partnership happen. I am glad you are working with me. " She was very glad, this would breath new life into Tanlab. This would be the start of a wonderful partnership. Alli went off back to her office. She sent the drink for study and started filling out the paperwork for this new deal. Accepting calls from the legal team and insisting that Taji got a fair shake. She was a kid like Taji before. She remembered being in awe of things and always looking for the newest thing to make. She wasn't going to do anything to hurt that.

Serenity

Artificial Intelligence
"Yes, I can and if you wish me to be here in a body I wouldn't say no. What is a hard light form may I ask, I don't believe I have record of it. " She sent the order to the droid which then left and came back with a tray of A.N.S.R.s. She found that organics like Taji liked things like this as it was a quick an easy way to consume their daily nutrients. "The materials will arrive shortly, you should start on the virtual holo-display however as it might take a while." A blank slate appeared in the air that seemed to operate sort of like that one in Iron Man. Taji Nelson

Taji Nelson

T
Taji laid out a Hard Light weapon. "This is a device that can produce weapons of Hard light. If upgrades were done it could give you a body." All of the requested food things were stuffed into the bag by him.

Taji started the design on the armor. "Say Serenity..." The next part was whispered. "Could we be friends?" He was shy. He was also afraid she would reject him. He had very few if any people he considered as friends to be honest. She would be one of two if you counted Alli as of now because of what Alli had just done. Giving him this lab had won him over, and made him consider Alli as a friend. "We'll also need some sort of power supply for the armor I'm working on...."

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom