Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Port Call (Open/Smugglers/Mercs)

Location: Just outside of Coruscant Border Space, on a Space Station
Objective: Recruit folks, tell a nice story.
Music:
https://youtu.be/AavRk7w19hw​

It had been a few hours since they'd landed. In that time Drake had unloaded all his gear into a room for the night and hit the bar. Now Danni and him were sitting side by side, with their weapons and papers scattered across the bar top. Danni was peering intently into a data pad as Drake slugged back another drink.

"We're low on fuel, and we have like no missiles for the Stinger."

A jaunty tune came over the bar, and he glanced sideways, cocking a smirk her way. His fingers left the glass, leaving behind prints on the dusty thing and he stretched wide, then grasped his pistol and began to depress the slide lock button.

"We can handle the specifics of missiles later. We ain't going anywhere without fuel. How much creds we got left in the reserves?"

The tune kept kicking, a guitar shredding the night, mixing with the haze and the dull yellow lighting strips that ringed the place. Most of the tables were dusty, rusty and full of patrons either gambling or slugging down drinks.

"Sixty thousand total."

Drake nodded, narrowing his eyes as he racked the slide, locking it to the rear and then pulled the release. The 45 Pistol came apart. Drake set the slide to the side and peered down the barrel, trying to assess the cleanliness.

Dannin grunted and set down her data pad. From her pocket she produced a cigarette and lit it, letting a small puff escape her nostrils. The blue haze mixed with the spicy smell of the room was intoxicating. She brushed back a bang and leaned into the bar flagging the bartender.

"So we gotta find a score. Something good too."

Danni glanced over, locking eyes with him.

"Salvage?"

"Yup."

Drake looked back to the pistol, swabbing the innards of the lower receiver with a finger. No soot came out. then he jammed the slide back on, locked it and rest the weapon, laying it back on the table opposite of hers.

"Well we do need more crew."

"I already put out an add. Nothing specific, just crew needed for the long haul."

He leaned back and scratched his stubble, opposite hand grasping the glass again and raising it up for a refill.

"That works. Let's see what the cat drags in then eh?"

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tDjYuqJRJQ[/media]​

[SIZE=11pt]Causstik paced through the space station boredly. He and his crew had just been on a successful raid of a convoy of banking ships. Now the massive warships that the pirate lord commanded floated about listlessly, laden with loot and precious materials. Of course it was dangerous for a whole fleet of pirates to be so close to the crown of the core. But, that’s just the kind of crazy Causstik was. He dared any foolish enough to fight with the crazed Trandoshan. He might not have the might of the Galactic Alliance or other central core powers, but he would make sure he took as many of the bastards with him as he could. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Causstik walked into the space station’s bar flanked by a gaggle of cronies. His Dreadtooth warband quickly filled the bar to the brim. They laughed at terrible jokes, slapped waitresses asses, and played games like five finger filet. Causstik had stopped by the space station to replenish his ranks. After such a daring raid he had lost several of his crew, now he needed more. Causstik spied a gangly group of individuals who looked like they could handle themselves. He nodded to the bartender [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Give me a pitcher of your finest,” He growled, his voice like raking leaves. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The bartender was quick on his feet as he poured up a tall glass of brew. Causstik slapped a handful of credits, far more than the stuff was worth, on the counter and hoisted the pitcher high into the air. The drink sloshed all over the counter and the bartender was quick to move the credits out of the muck. Causstik stomped his way over to the spacers and gave them a quick once over with his good eye. He placed the pitcher on their table and regarded who he presumed to be the ring leader. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“You look like a motley bunch... I saw your ad looking for help. How’s about a job that pays more than any…” He looked them over again. Motley indeed. “Salvage run could ever pay,” Causstik withdraws a large stack of credits and slams them on the table, almost spilling the pitcher again. “I take it you deliver good’s of the sensitive nature?”[/SIZE]

[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Causstik Rahn"]

Drake instantly reached for his weapon as Caustik came over. Dani followed suit, wrapping her slender fingers around the grip and glancing at him. He locked eyes with the lizard, keeping his face neutral and lips pressed thin. The others bravado betrayed him, and Drake had tangled with enough crews to know who was a moral spacer and whom was not.

"Aye, I could do that. The question is from where to where?"

Dani bit her lip.

He raised an eyebrow, grip loosening a bit on his Revolver.

"As long as it's not slaves. We don't dabble in that business, and I don't screw over anyone who don't deserve it."

Xhernai watched from afar, the three odd characters conversing had caught his eye. He watched them speak for a few more seconds to analyse them before approaching them. They were talking business, they always have a glint in their eyes when their talking business. “If there’s business, I want in…” he mumbled to himself. Casually, he took a seat on the opposite side of the bar and eavesdropped on the outlandish group of people opposite him. Clicking his fingers to summon the bartender he said “Fix me uhhhhh, some of that fancy stuff” as he placed his credits on the table, still keeping his eyes fixated on the people.

His drink was brought to him. “Keep the change” he muttered, sipping on his drink. He loved his Corellian alcohol, ever since he got a taste of the expensive stuff, he’s been a living an extravagant lifestyle and he was going to need more credits if he was going to keep living this way. He started at the bottom but after a few jobs and talking to the right people he’d been living the life. “Gonna need a lot more credits if I want that nightclub in Coruscant.” It had been his dream of sorts, to have this club where aliens and humans could come and rave at the night time. Of course this would serve as a fake front for what happened in the back of the nightclub. It would be a black market of sorts where drug trade and all sorts of illegal acts could go on. “Guess if I want that, I gotta talk to these people.”

He decided to wait for these people to finish talking before swooping in.

[SIZE=11pt]Causstik gave the crew of spacers a wicked grin. “What makes you think I deal in slaves?” He asked jokingly. He took a seat at the table then poured a pint from the frothing pitcher. Fingering the large stack of credit sticks Causstik eyed the smugglers with an inquisitive stare. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]“Truth is lads, I just opened up a spice mine on Kessel.. With the Silver Jedi so busy, they can’t stop me… And since i’m the only one with a mine on Kessel. Glitterstem, the galaxies most potent spice is back in high demand and i’m the only one who can deliver it to them, or more precisely [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]You [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]are,”[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]Causstik paused a moment to let his words seep in. He needed a crew to deliver the drug. While he would do it himself, great hulking pirate warships did not make very good smuggling runs. Which is why during Causstik’s raid he had commandeered one of the banking vessels. But, Causstik wouldn’t tell the would be smugglers the specifics until they accepted the job.[/SIZE]

[member="Xhernai"]
[member="Drake Jast"]

[member="Causstik Rahn"] [member="Drake Jast"] [member="Xhernai"]
Harvi Kwen sauntered into the spaceport cantina head high, hands swinging, and insane smile bright on his face. Today was a good day. Sure, he'd had to come back to the hellhole known as Coruscant, but since he'd come with a hold full of black market items-most of which he didn't even know the name of-and left with a pocket full of credits, it was worth it. Harvi sidled up to the bar and caught the bartender's eye. Like usual, the bartender stared a bit longer than necessary before taking his order. Harvi grinned. He loved to impress. He was wearing his regular red smugglers vest, red pants, white shirt, black belt, and black boots. Twin DT-29 pistols were holstered at his hips, and a vibroblade was sheathed on his right calf. His shaggy hair was dyed red and blue.

"Corellian whiskey, boyo," he said to the bartender, "Don't need nothing in it but the alcohol." The bartender produced the request, and Harvi leaned back against the bar to guzzle his drink, observing the rather, colorful clientele of this particular establishment. It was at that moment that his ears caught the words "Glitterstim". He looked around, and his eyes fell on a group of spacers talking with a Trandoshan who looked very much like a pirate. Harvi grinned again. Just his luck. Dispensing with ceremony, Harvi walked over and stood behind the Trandoshan.

"Did someone say "spice"?" he asked, "Sounds like a good time. Wild stuff, glitterstim." Harvi smiled and took another swig of his drink, madness twinkling in his sapphire eyes.

[member="Xhernai"] [member="Causstik Rahn"] [member="Harvi Kwen"]

At the mention of spice Drakes eyebrow shot up and wheels started clicking in his head. He did have that prison record going on and the Silvers would definitely spare no time in locking him up and turning him over to the alliance. And then the prospect of the payload logistics would be a tricky one. One could not exactly pack kilos of the stuff in plain view. It was a major violation in those waters.

Her ran a hand through his greasy mess of hair and then scratched his stubble, glancing from the creds to Danni's brown eyes. Her expression remained hard and she blew a snort of smoke out from her nostrils. As if reading his mind she nodded, grip tightening on her blaster as two more individuals approached.

"Let's do it Cap." She replied, cigarette bouncing between her lips in a flat tone.

He continued scratching his stubble and then set his revolver back down on the table, to be lost in the mess of papers, credits and other empty pitchers. Then he grabbed the pitcher they had ordered and poured all of them a round. The newcomers and the Lizard, out of respect. Drake leaned back, clutching his glass ina relaxed manner.

"Aye we could do it. With conditions. I run for you, with my own vessel and hand picked crew. I got a Construction hauler five hundred meters long. Made for repairing or salvaging ships on the fly, but I can manage to make some pace in one of the cargo areas."

Her took a sip of his glass and set it down, holding his palm out to Danni. She winked and slapped the pack of cigarettes into his palm. He pulled one out and lit it, handing them back, then laying his hands flat on the table, and letting the butt hang from the corner of his mouth.

"I'll need half up front for the first run. Money troubles, and my Marauder Corvette needs a new payload of missiles."

His eyes roved between Harvi and the other guy. The first guy seemed more trustworthy in his eyes and he motioned for him to take a seat as the multi-colored one asked about spice.

Danni growled, snapping her pistol to the high ready and blasting the guy with his eyes.

"Who asked you interrupt into private business? If you're here to join our crew, take a seat and shut it."

She kicked out a chair, thumb cocking the action on the blaster.

Drake held up a hand to her palm down.

"Ease up Danni, this ain't the Coruscant prison yard no more darlin'. What's your name's strangers?"

Xhernai chugged down his drink and focused on the people on the opposite side of the bar. A man doing all the talking, he seemed in charged, and a woman with him gripping her blaster tightly she looked very trigger happy. There was a reptilian looking alien conversing with them . He would watch them for a minute more or so before joining the conversation, it seemed it was a good idea as well. A person looking like they belonged in a LGBT parade approached them and had a blaster pulled on him before he could even settle in. "I guess it's time to defuse the tense situation a lil' bit."

He clicked his fingers and the bartender came to him. "Yeah?" the bartender said as he dried a cup with a rag. Pointing to the group of people he'd been watching he told him "Send them a bottle of Corellian ale and tell them if they want a professional, there's one across the bar." As he slid some more credits onto the bar. The bartender complied as Xhernai looked into his cup and waited for a response.

[member="Drake Jast"] [member="Harvi Kwen"] [member="Causstik Rahn"]

[member="Causstik Rahn"] [member="Harvi Kwen"] [member="Xhernai"]

The bartender came over as Drake talked down Danni, to stop her blowing six holes in the guy in three point five seconds. They'd fought their way out of some tight corners and he let a small grin tug the corners of his mouth at the thought of how far she had come.

"The gentleman over there sends this. Say's he might be the guy you need bub."

Jak raised an eyebrow, hand still up, palm down to calm Danni.

"Tell him to get his ass over here then."

He glanced over to where the barkeep pointed. Short hair, sharp jacket, what might have been a gun belt. He had the next crew of the Rozilyn written all over him. Drake locked eyes with the lizard once more, nodding.

"So what's it gonna be big fella?"

[member="Xhernai"] [member="Drake Jast"]
When the woman accompanying the man raised her blaster, Harvi did nothing but stare at her, eyes dancing with madness and an insane grin on his face. The woman's glare registered in his mind, but he cared very little. He liked dealing with risky people; it made things fun.

"Careful, love," he chuckled, "You might hurt yourself." Plopping himself down in the kicked chair Harvi chuckled again as the woman cocked her blaster's action.

"If we weren't talking business, we could have some fun!" he said, leaning his chair back on two legs with his hands behind his head, still grinning. At the man's question, Harvi let his chair back down and gave a goofy salute.

"Harvi Kwen," he said, "Smuggler extraordinaire and captain of the Fate's Revenge." He smiled once more before draining the last of his drink in one go.

[member="Harvi Kwen"] [member="Drake Jast"] [member="Causstik Rahn"]​
Xhernai stared in to the empty cup. The bartender cleared his throat, "They want you over there." Xhernai nodded at the bartender and slipped some extra credits in the bartender's hand. He stood up and tucked his chair in and made his way around the bar to where the 4 rowdy looking people were conversing, he stood next to the Trandoshan, avoiding the brightly dressed smuggler as he was displaying unusual behaviour. Xhernai nodded at the captain. "M'name is Xhernai, I was the best gun in the outer rim when I was hunting in Tatooine. I ain't got much experience in smuggling but I got a lot of experience in killing and you ain't gonna find many natural killers out here in Corsucant. I'm tellin' ya, a natural killer is what you need in ya crew."

The woman with the itchy trigger finger, sitting next to the captain, was giving him daggers. He felt her icy glare. He decided to play it cool and gave her a wink, she didn't look impressed. He waited for a reply from either the woman or the captain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom