Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Place in this Galaxy

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
I've been toying with what characters to bring back - I'm trying to keep it to a low roar this time around and dial things in to three characters who I can play with at least some regularity. I think the trick to that is make three characters that embody some of my biggest interests in the SW universe. I already have this character (Marvik) back and a new character to help fill the void of FU in my life.

But one thing is missing. My love for good ole' fashion Imperialism.

Lucien E. Irridius is a favorite of mine that I haven't been able to play as much as I'd like and it'd be nice to bring him back. I just have no idea where to put him or what story he could fit into. As of the last time I played him, he was cast out of the Old Imperial Remnant after disagreements between the Navy and some of the leadership - so he and some of the ships in his fleet defected.

I assume from there he has been trying to build power for himself after rediscovering The Rebirth.

From there anything is possible. I'm open to suggestions so if anyone has any - feel free to post 'em here.

[member="Marvik Dathu"]

Suggestion granted.

Use/make a lower ranking Imperial. A Grand Admiral is too high in the clouds to be able to get his feet dirty in regularity. Unless you're just after massive space combat and fancy galas. It's like throwing the Queen around in Chess with reckless abandon for him to get put in any sort of a risky place. Ranks that high can hem in your creative freedom in what that character can do. Fine to have one as an alt if you need some fleet action in battle but for general exploration of the galaxy and interaction with your fellow players in can be restrictive.

I found that out when I had higher ranking characters on other boards. They were great for pushing an overall story forward but how many times is a Grand Admiral or High Ranking General going to really dirty their hands?

It's much easier to get in the mud, metaphorically and literally, with a character of lower rank.

That all said, it sounds like you're working under the same thought process as I am. Limit yourself to two or three and delve into the galaxy with them. That's my plan as well and I'd be happy to see if we can flesh something out. Gala admiral or otherwise. :D

Torjesgo
Kazerath
Ikso Sonutro - Ikso is getting a heavy re-work to change just about everything but that he's a Kaalonian. So maybe not the best choice however there can never be enough smelly ratmen running around so I'm happy to plan for it.

Kaz and Marv seem like they'd be the easiest to squeeze together. Marv doing his bounty hunting thing on.... lets say Umbara. It's fantastic: delightful planet, dark, great place to try and hide from a bounty hunter. Marv succeeds or fails, entirely up to your creative liberties, but ends up drawing heat on himself in the process. Whatever transport he used to get there or planned to use to leave is no longer available and he runs into our unlucky calibop. Gunpoint or credits, creative liberties, the duo dash aboard the freighter that Kaz is running for the trade company he works for. (Side note: there are not enough freighters in the Codex.) Fleeing from authorities, needing to ditch the ship, etc. It can lead to ton-of-fun opportunities for a hot rod junkie and a trigger man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom