Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Pirate's Folly

Causstik Rahn stared about the cityscape tentatively. He had thought to sack this jewel of a place once and it had cost him. He had lost almost the entirety of his army and fleet and now, now his holdings were reduced to one of the lowest levels of the city he had sought to destroy... His flagship was out there floating listlessly in the void of space around Coruscant. Only through it's vast array of stealth technology had the Irrlicht escaped the destruction of his ships. He smuggled supplies to and from it through a cadre of personnel still loyal to himself. He could scarcely manage to keep hold on this level. There simply weren't enough resources left down here.

His men longed for the hunt and they wished to once more stalk the stars. But they needed weapons, they needed credits, and above all they needed notoriety. Over the years Causstik and his warband had fallen into the annals of history, forgotten. Lost to the passage of time, but Causstik would not let this deter him. He would rebuild his army. He would grasp hold this universe and crush the life out of it until there was nothing left. Then when all was void, he would sit upon a throne of skulls as king.

But first, first he would need to rebuild. Rebuild his small gang into the army it once was. He would need to reeve the lower levels of this place, bend them to his will, let them know who was King. So, Causstik sent scouts out from level 1919 to the upper levels, and they returned. They returned with news of an up and comer. One who would turn this place into his own fiefdom. [member="Orex Mauda"] . Albeit he tended to disagree with slavers, but Causstik would make him see otherwise... He sent word to all and any who would here it

"Come, come and see what liess on level 1919," He growled into the device "Then we shall see who will bend the knee,"

Causstik's level was strewn with trash. Trandoshan's stalked from the shadows everywhere. Burning barrels and refuse the only illumination in this dank world. Anyone who dare venture into this place often found themselves enslaved to their new captors. However Causstik had ordered his men to stand down for now. So they watched from shanty shacks and abandoned buildings as the interlopers came. They were armed with weapons, but made no move to attack. All parted ways and would allow entrance to an old abandoned warehouse that was Causstik's palace.

Inside were dim yellow lights. Trandoshans in power armor sat atop catwalks, while the king himself sat in a makeshift throne, of rusted metal and bone.

Mauda

Well I was certainly intrigued. Here and there the name had cropped up; Causstik. I'd heard it but never payed much attention. It never piqued my interest. But he was present, he was INVOLVED and, I had an invitation. Of course I would never turn down a networking opportunity. The more connections the better. Especially when you want to run this trade hub of a planet from the inside out. So, without much consideration, I made my way to the lower levels.. Again.

Level 1919 I preferred to avoid. It wasn't appealing. No potential, no money, no business. I was aware my stock was finding its way down here but anything that was shipped to this pitiful level had most definitely been taken out of DEAD hands. The other cells can do with my stuff what they please. Regardless, I had business to attend to. Making my way through the streets, it fell no lower than what I'd expected. Trash, Crime and Scum. It was exactly what the lower levels consists of.. just more intense. Looking around I felt nothing but disgust and hate. As usual.

"You want some deathsticks?"

I stopped walking. Turned and observed a hunched old Zabrak. He was dressed in rags and barely holding onto a cluster of Deathsticks. Perhaps I was wrong. Maybe there is business down here. My recent acquisition of the Spice Transport Dock (A forceful acquisition) had opened a new market to DEAD. Maybe 1919 was a potential source of income. But that didn't change how much I hated these people. I bent and twisted his spine until he was left twitching on the dirt-ridden pavement, barely able to utter a sound. I just wasn't in the mood today.

Looking around the corners and windows, there was a visible trend of Trandoshans. I started to piece together exactly what it was I was walking into and came to the conclusion that simple Networking probably wasn't the goal. Suspicious eyes and a surprising amount of armament made it all smell like a potential trap. But I wasn't going to refuse the opportunity, and so I carried on.

I found my way to a warehouse. Run down of course and abandoned. But I could feel the presence inside so I knew that wasn't the case. I walked up to the door and waved it open. Slowly, I came in and stood before a laughable audience. What was concerning was the security. Power Armour wasn't something I would enjoy contending with. But the obvious ring leader, sat atop a grand throne of metal and bones. I felt like a noble amongst Ewoks. But I would have to maintain some humility, otherwise there was certainly going to be conflict. Stood before the throned Trandoshan, I clasped my hands behind my back and tried to be friendly.

"What can I do for you?"

[member="Causstik Rahn"]

Causstik waited and he waited for them to show. To build a criminal network one had to have guile and copious amounts of strength. Neither of which Causstik lacked. So, when one finally did come to Causstik's makeshift home, hands clasped behind back like some smooth ambassador. Causstik nearly laughed. Is this the hands the criminal enterprise had fallen into? That of nobility and a force user none the less. The voices that usually whispered sweet nothings in Causstik's ear began to roar. Kill him! Rip the fool to shreds! Feed him his entrails! Causstik opted to ignore them. He knew a business venture when he saw one. If the man declined, well then their was other methods...

Undoubtedly the man could see the phrik armor adorned with the precious gem known as voidstone. It was this that allowed him to kill force users with ease... This man had come here with nothing but the skin on his back. Something that Causstik admired in prey, skin. He loved to listen to their screams as he filleted them alive... Causstik snapped out of his gory stupor and reminded himself of the task at hand. He looked to the man with his one good eye as he spoke. He studied him, he was tall for a human. Muscular, body adorned with scars. A warrior. Even so, he would not earn Causstik's respect so easily.

"What can I do for you?"

He said and Causstik nearly laughed again. With visible restraint he bellied his chuckle and spoke to the man.

"More like what can I do for you lad!" Causstik barked. "I will offer you the services of my army and flagship. I'll provide you with slaves for a workforce. I'll build you an Empire and even offer you my prized possession..." He growled lowly as he withdrew a small bag of fine powder. "I'll I ask in return is that you give us arms and funding," He finished "I have a facility on kessel that will be needed to be manned again, but first we'll need a new work force... On top of this a place to acquire them," He finished eyeing the man before him.

In a nutshell, Causstik offered him an army, a large smuggling ship, a place to mine raw spice, and a key to the hearts and minds of all those around him.

[member="Orex Mauda"]

Mauda

My hands tightened and my jaw clenched, exposed cheek muscle flexed and the open flesh moved. I maintained eye contact with the Trandoshan, never allowing visible distraction. Immediately, my mind raced off into a plethora of subjects. This was exactly what I'd been waiting for. This was likely the opportunity that would provide me the foundation I needed to establish myself in this Galaxy. Images of a new Empire flashed across my vision. I was more than eager, I was quaking.

But all things must be considered with extensive scrutiny. I continued to look deep into the Causstik's eyes. Arms and Funding was a simple endeavour, especially if provided a workforce and additional location. DEAD would have to focus on manufacture and cut down on outsourcing. Yet that reduction in arms sales could be countered by a new focus on drug-pedalling. The Kessel facility could provide that boost and therefore the funds.

I thought out my plan. DEAD would divert funds and manufactured arms to the Trandoshan while the new Transport Dock and Kessel facility would provide the production and transportation necessary to establish a spice network that would counter the reduced profits. Perfect.

But Causstik's fantasies had not gone unnoticed and I didn't intend to be betrayed and taken advantage of by a Lizard.

"DEAD will provide equipment and finances for your .. Pirate Collective. We will maintain a symbiotic relationship and I will see to it that this merry band of Mercenaries and Assorted Pirates will rise to power. You offer me foundation, I will form the Empire. This Alliance will exceed the pitiful standards of lower level scum and villainy. Coruscant will be first in a great future of an Empire that I assure you will bring a lasting Order to this pathetic Galaxy."

I let my hands fall to my sides and pulled a hilt of twisted, dark metal from my cloak. I ignited my Saber and pointed it slowly around the room.

"But let's not get off on the wrong foot, Rahn. Our future depends on continued co-operation. If you make any effort to betray or manipulate me or my associates, your gang of criminals will never see the light of the surface, and you will live the last minutes of your life in pain beyond any you have experienced or delivered. My aspirations will not be ruined, and your success will not be dashed, as long as we remain in accordance with each other. I look forward to the development of our endeavours together."

Upon the conclusion, I set my eyes once again upon the Trandoshan, with my blade toward his throne. Sheathing my Saber, I listened for his response.

Causstik saw the eagerness in the man's eyes. He had taken the bait. All that was left was to reel it in. Causstik knew what this man wanted, he wanted to be powerful, meaningful in a world where one is none. It made him almost laugh. While this man was content for Coruscant, Causstik had bigger plans. He wanted to rule all of Hutt space... At least the parts of it that mattered. The underbelly. The place where the strong thrived on the morsels that were the downtrodden. Causstik smiled, a large toothy grin full of incisors.

He looked round the abandoned warehouse. His Ironscale patrolling the catwalks. The filth piled in corners, his throne of bone, and the dust collecting over rusted metal. It was time for a new home. The man agreed to Causstik's terms, but sought to make clear what would happen should the Trandoshan betray him. Causstik merely looked at him as though he were nothing. His threats, nothing. Causstik had fought Sith lords and won. Whatever made this whelp believe he would ever best Causstik needed a reckoning. Causstik merely let the insult pass though. He knew he could destroy Orex easily. Their was simply no doubt in his mind. But, instead of telling the man this, he opted to continue to pretend they were equals.

"Good. Then we are at an accord..." Causstik growled "My troops will be ready to leave within the hour. Prepare your work force and my ship shall ferry them to the mines. You shall lord over Coruscant. I will be taking Hutt space," He finished in a gruff tone. Rising from his throne he walked towards Orex, his Ironscale warband falling in line behind him. "Show me your facilities and weapons, then transfer five million credits to my Nemodian bank. This will cover the cost of fuel for some time," Causstik said as he handed Orex an archaic looking datapad

[member="Orex Mauda"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom