Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Path Found Straying Far

Outfit: Hooded Dress

Falentra had not been to the planet before, but hearing that the region was no longer in the territory of the fallen Rimward Trade League left the space open and less risky for a sith to be within. With the planet so close to Sith borders, it was only a matter of time before the Sith took dominance. Falentra thought that it was best to see the planet in its original nature before the influence spread.

The Sith apprentice had been walking down the markets of Eriadu, down the more suspicous looking alleys. With the hood over her head to cover those tentacles that never failed to draw suspiscions and weird looks. She was looking around, for what things she might get that could be of some use to the little hobby of hers. The place was incredibly busy. A gush of wind had wiped the hood off her head.

Balun Vale Balun Vale

Wearing: Jedi Field Apparel.
Falentra Falentra

Eriadu had, until recently, been a world under the watch of the Rimward Trade League, and before then the once Capital of the Outer Rim Coalition. This particular sector of the Outer Rim Territories hosts several individual Force practising groups, all of which once made up the Lightside Sect of the RTL. This had drawn Balun Vale's attention, a rogue Jedi and an Apprentice now to Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire who's known among veterans as a Jedi who fought for the rights of the people once upon a time, a plethora of stories and one hell of a reputation, ultimately leading Balun to want to explore more of the Outer Rim.

Balun was walking down one of the many streets of the commerce district, filled with people. Men, women, children, civilians all. For them, this was just another average day, families and persons of every type all going about their business. It was however the sight of another figure that didn't quite right with Balun, that caught his attention.

Now, Balun wasn't a Jedi. Not by association, but he did still want to be a force for peace in the Galaxy; If only an individual one. He had learned that when something caught his attention, whether it be the Force or instinct, he had learned to trust in his gut feelings.

The figure quickly turned off and ducked down an alleyway, breaking free from the flow of pedestrian traffic that flooded the street. "What might you be up to" Balun muttered under his breath as he had made up his mind, following the person. Soon rounding the corner into the alleyway, Balun's eyes widened as the figure removed her hood.

"Nouqai?!" Balun called out to the other person. Her hair-like tentacles had instantly triggered his memory of his long-time best friend from the New Jedi Order. The reason for his sudden astonishment, however, was that she had supposedly been killed. "Hey! Wait up a second!!".

Of course she had felt a presence trailing at a distance, her master had trained her to be cognisant of her surroundings. It was a small hassle to diverge and get the stalker off her periphary, or lead them to a more secluded area to face them. Until the hood revealed her most distinguishable features, a name called out from behind her - one she hadn't heard in a long time. Only the Jedi knew of that discarded name, and as far as they knew, she was dead. Who ever that was tracking her, was a jedi.

Falentra huffed an irritated sigh, now realising the issue she had at hand. The Jedi could not know she was alive, she would not go back under the control of their restrictive order. Without turning around, Falentra started in a sprint, running down the alley, ignoring the calls of her pursuer. The alleyway connected back to the busy mainstreet which she sliipped into the crowd. Then she pulled her hood back over her head and summoned the use of the Force to cloak herself under, manipulating the light around to her will. It was a skill her new master had taught just recently, but she had in no way perfected it yet.

Instead of rendering her completely invisible, her form would appear as a vague silhoutte. But it might be adequate enough to get close to her persuer, to find out what he wanted and if necessary, termination. Balun Vale Balun Vale

"Chit..- STOP!!" Balun swore as Falentra Falentra took off in full flight, soon shouting for Nouqai to wait and give him the chance to speak to her. He swore that it was her, if not by the sight of her tendrils then now by the way that the Force swelled between them, his senses screaming at him to not allow her to get out of sight.

Balun's right foot etched against the ground as he pushed down with his weight and threw himself forward into a full sprint after her. He had suddenly forgotten about everything else, his arms swinging at his sides, his breathing paced yet loud as he drove his body to its physical peak in a bid to keep pace with her. Light at the end of the alleyway gave way to the open street, once more filled with civilian life. He watched as Nouqai rounded the corner and suddenly her presence in the Force vanished.

Clever...Balun couldn't help but admire her skill in masking her presence, still not able to understand why she was on the run. Balun had told her previously when they last saw one another that he was leaving the New Jedi Order. Surely she hadn't done something enough to warrant a Jedi investigation, but regardless he wasn't tied to them anymore.

Balun came to an abrupt stop, turning to look to either side from where the alley had opened back up into the street. He couldn't see her, nor could he sense her. "Gods, where are you? I swear it was you..." He muttered under his breath as he tried to study each of the people who passed him by.

It was not easy to push through a crowd with civilians bumping on all sides so Falentra stepped to the side of the street, against the cobbled walls and away from foot traffic. Her pursuer finally caught up, exiting the alleyway leaving him turning in all directions trying to locate her. The stream of people walking in every which way made getting a better look at the man difficult initially, but the colour of the dirty blonde and its dishevelled style was familiar.

There were glimpses in between the passersby. Her eyes widened, realising who it was. A close friend and confidant from her youth. He had grown. They were raised at the temple, they grew up together. He was one of her closest friends - people - she had throughout her time as a padawan.

Dumbfounded, she contemplated turning away, leave her past life behind like she intended when she discarded her name. As if they never met again. She had thought about reaching out to her friends after the scheme of things, to let them know she was alright, yet she hadn't. Perhaps it was paranoia or selfishness, knowing she was comfortable and content with her new life.

Now they stood a few feet apart, albeit with her invisible. The light was calling, she could feel it radiating from the Jedi. Maybe she was ashamed of how far she had fallen. The last time they'd seen each other, she had talk about gaining her freedom through knighthood. But oh the cruel irony of things. She gave in, she stepped towards him from the side, reaching out, her clawed webbed hand touched his shoulder. "Balun." She called out, dropping the cloak and reavealing herself.

Falentra was different, her eyes now red contrasting to the blue cyan ones she adorned before she had fallen. Her presence was different - dark yet conflicted with light. Her friend's remained much the same. "Hi. Its been a long time. How have you been?" She said, clearly feeling rather awkward, but it was a start. Balun Vale Balun Vale

For a time Balun had felt disappointment within himself, frustrated that he had possibly caught a glimpse of his best friend returned from the apparent dead, and lost her in the crowd. It hadn't yet occurred to him that she could have turned to the Darkside of the Force, but the puzzling notion that she was still alive whilst her Jedi Master had informed the Jedi Council, and then they had made an announcement to the students that Nouqai Veil had been killed...It was difficult to comprehend.

Something sharp touched down upon his shoulder, causing him to swiftly pivot on his right heel, hand reaching for his lightsaber out of instinct. He didn't draw it however, instead, he was met by the noticeable changes of an otherwise all too familiar face that was his friend Nouqai. She spoke his name and for a brief moment, Balun was dumbfounded. Paralyzed in shock. He hadn't been mistaken, she was alive.

He lurched forward without thinking, wrapping both arms around her in a heartfelt embrace. "I can't believe you're alive!" Balun exclaimed, so relieved to see her that at this point, he didn't care about whatever changes to her appearance or signature within the Force she held. Pulling his head back so that he could look at her, an elated smile wore upon his face as he peered at her; "You're actually here! Where have you been??".

Falentra Falentra

For a moment she was taken aback by the gesture, arms tensing at her sides. There was no apprehension portrayed that she expected at the very least, but her friend extended his embrace without hesitation, evoking a small gasp from herself. But realising that he harboured no ill feelings, a sigh of relief and ease escaped her lips as she melted, her arms reciprocating the gesture.

There was a kind of solace to be found with her best friend. Despite their shared delight of the reunion, his question was one she didn't quite want to answer, perhaps not here. "It's... I've been..." She stuttered, trying to find a plausible explanation. He had believed the ruse that she was dead. Falentra broke away from the hug looking around cautiously, she couldn't be sure if anyone from the Tsis'Kaar was tasked to watch her.

"Do you want to get out of here? I've got a ship." Falentra asked, turning and starting briskly towards the port where she'd parked her ship. Balun Vale Balun Vale

"A Ship? Nah, I've been getting around using public transport. I'm doing my own thing these days, I ditched the Order like I used to talk about" Balun grinned, glad to be able to reunite with his friend and reveal how well he was doing these days out on his own. Well, mostly. "I am training under an old Jedi Veteran, but he's sort of retired and doesn't associate with the Order either so it's a perfect fit" Balun explained, Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire having recently taken him under the old man's wing.

Falentra Falentra seemed pretty keen to get to a more private place, and looking around, Balun had to admit that the flow of pedestrian traffic moving on by was a bit of a let-down given their reunion. "Let's go back in the Alley, it's a bit easier to talk. We've got so much to catch up on. I still can't get my head around the fact that you're still alive!" Balun suggested and soon exclaimed, still reeling from the revelation. Grabbing her hand, Balun led her back there without giving her the chance to decline.

Sheltered by buildings on either side, darkness keeping them hidden from the public eye, Balun turned back to continue their conversation. "So what happened with your Master, he told the Order you were dead. Everyone had a funeral and everything, it was horrible!" he informed her, speaking of the sad time, though unable to hide his relief that he was having this conversation with her. Seeing her again, completely undid the tragedy of what he had believed was her death and a final farewell.

"I'm really glad to hear that you've started an apprenticeship." The last time they've talked 3 years ago, she was just assigned to her old master Grrwunhoool. However, opening the converation, Balun has grabbed her hand, suggesting that the alley might work just as well rather than making the long trip to where she parked the ship. He was elated to see her, if it had been the other way around, learning her friend had arose from the date, she would have shared the same sentiments.

Falentra sighed as he went on that they had a funeral for her, and she felt bad that she had to put anyone through such grief, just so she could start her own life. "Balun. Just wait. Look at me. What do you see. What do you feel?"

However, she had changed, the 14 year old girl then would have hated the person she was now. Balun hadn't seemed to change much, although he seemed happier now having left the order like he had told her he would, no longer under its tight constraints. They both seemed to have found the freedom they were searching for, although her own path had been unexpected.

"I told Grrwunhoool to leave me and tell the order I was gone. I know I should have at least reached out to let you know I wasn't dead."

Balun Vale Balun Vale

"Balun. Just wait. Look at me. What do you see. What do you feel?"

The tone of Falentra Falentra 's voice was softer yet serious, and Balun could no longer ignore the sense that there was more to her than he was willing to admit. Steeling himself for a moment, Balun sought to calm his joy in their reunion and instead paid more attention to his feelings. His brows furrowed as he momentarily questioned whether the presence he was sensing was indeed her own or if his mind was merely playing tricks on him.

"You chose not to return to the Order," he reiterated as if needing to hear her explanation once over to let it sink in. Falentra's signature in the Force had changed. No longer at ease, it felt heavy and darker, a testament to the weight of her decision. Balun's eyes widened, and he took a step backwards as if needing to look upon her in full view; "There's a darkness in you that wasn't there before. You have turned away from the Jedi, but...-Not in the same way that I have; You've gone to the other side".

Balun had left the Jedi to find his way in life, but he never planned on abandoning the light side of the Force. They had been taught for years that the lure of the Dark Side of the Force was a self-destructive path that could corrupt the soul. "What happened to you out there?" He asked, suddenly curious why Nouqai would willingly abandon the light.

There was some self-consciousness she felt as Balun took a step back. It was her eyes that were now the shade crimson and not the cyan that it was before. She nodded sombrely. They had many conversation about the darkside in their youth, then she was inclined to follow those that guided and provided for her without a question. The path of light was not bad at all, but in her determination for success, to achieve knighthood, she had fallen.

Her mouth moved to make out an answer of him. It was neither simple - perhaps it was. "Its always been there, growing. I couldn't pass the trial of spirit, after the fourth time, I got desperate, I tapped into darkness. " Her fall was a story she held close to heart.

"I met someone, my master, Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr ... he is a Sith but kind and patient. He saved me after I nearly threw it all way, he gave me all I ever wanted..."

"I'm not all dark. I'm embracing my potential with both the light and dark." Balun Vale Balun Vale

"Its always been there, growing. I couldn't pass the trial of spirit, after the fourth time, I got desperate, I tapped into darkness. "

Balun sighed upon hearing this; "You always put too much faith in those stupid trials and all the rules that the Jedi had us bending over backwards to follow. Were they that important to you?" Balun asked, wanting to understand why she would look to the Darkside for a way into the New Jedi Order's upper echelon when, in doing so, she would be barred from the Order all the same. "I mean, look at me, I'm still a Jedi. Basically. I make my own rules. I have a Master and chit, but he's not part of the Order either. He's another Rogue Jedi and an old War Vet, too!" he explained, trying to point out that you didn't have to be part of the New Jedi Order to be a protector of the Galaxy or a warrior of the Lightside of the Force.

"I met someone, my master, Darth Malum of House Marr ... he is a Sith but kind and patient. He saved me after I nearly threw it all way, he gave me all I ever wanted..."

Darth Malum of House Marr Darth Malum of House Marr . Balun had heard of that name before, but it hadn't come from Falentra Falentra . "Isn't he part of the same crew that Cordelia Dimitte Cordelia Dimitte used to run with?" Balun enquired, surprise and curiosity painting a peculiar gaze that he offered Nouqai Veil. Was it a mere coincidence? Both people closest to him at this point in his life were affiliated or associated with this particular Sith Lord. "Kind and patient doesn't exactly fit the description of the Sith, Nouqai...-Cordelia said the Sith look to break you down before they build you up in their likeness. Just promise me you'll keep one eye in the back of your head while you're hanging with them, alright?" he asked, though the tone of his voice made it sound more of a demand as he didn't want anything to happen to her. "If you get into a tough spot with them, I'm a comm-call away, I don't care what chit you'll drag me into if it means coming to help you out of a bind, you know?".

Dark or Light, Balun didn't care so much as long as Nouqai Veil didn't change too much; "Just promise me you won't turn into someone I can't recognise anymore....-And no killing unless it's to defend yourself".

This was where they came to a disagreement as they did many before. Her friend was entitled to his own opinions. The trials were her everything, she had thought it the path to her own liberty achieved through knighthood. "Not everyone can be like you. Some of us were just meant to follow." Even now she was following the lead of her master, maybe a little blindly. Still learning how to take control of her own life, do the things she really wanted.

The name cordelia was not familiar to her. Although she knew Malum had quite a bit of family. "That is what I thought too. The order has taught us that sith are terribly corrupt, but they are sentient like us, capable of just as many emotions and attachments. Malum, I truly doubt he has any ill intentions for me." It was through her falling that she discovered many things about herself, and had learn many new abilities that were considered darksided under his guidance.

She appreciated Balun Vale Balun Vale 's assurance, even after all this time, their bond remained strong. "That is unless your combat has improved significantly. I'd say I think I'm more capable at getting you out of trouble." They were duel partners back at the temple as children, she knew how he fought, and a style like that stood no chance with a sith lord. "I don't know what I am supposed to be. They ran tests on me. I'm not natural... I was made, likely engineered, not born. It explains why the Jedi wouldn't tell me how I came to be at the temple."

There was a soft smile on her features. "I promise." Falentra had not killed anyone yet, but it was a big promise to keep to with the nature of the sith order.

"My Master Julius Sedaire Julius Sedaire has forced me to do more training with the Saber Arts...-I guess that's the one downside of being an apprentice to an old war vet. Though I get it, especially with the trouble I've been getting into lately," Balun replied, explaining briefly that his ability with the sword had improved since their time on Coruscant together. Julius' skill with Vapaad was entirely different from the typical sabre forms that Balun had encountered before his apprenticeship. Soresu was where Balun was most experienced and comfortable using, and that was the form that Falentra Falentra was likely speaking of.

"Has it never crossed your mind that maybe you're just being too hard on yourself? You could be one to lead instead of follow. I can fully see it in you, but it's not something that will happen until you're ready for it," Balun soon suggested, voicing the potential he saw in his friend and suggesting that Nouqai Veil wasn't giving herself enough credit. "If you're always following others, then you're going to go as far as they can take you. Maybe that's why you didn't pass the trials?" he shrugged, the suggestion being spoken in a little quieter voice as he didn't want her to think he was judging or speaking ill of her.

"I suppose I'm not one to be taking advice from, though; I never really cared about the trials or proving anything to the New Jedi Order. Like I've said so many times, it was the life I was given, not the one I chose. I'm happy as long as I decide where I go and what I do".

Falentra didn't want to think about the trials, especially not what happened after that, it was all behind her now. She knew why she didn't pass the trials, but that was for her to know. "I am comfortable where I am, more than happy with what I have been given. Things I would not ever have if I stayed with the Jedi or went out on my own." She declared. Years ago, a young Nouqai Veil would have seen in it as greed, but was it really? She was afraid of losing the things and connections she now had.

"Someday perhaps, I will be as courageous as you to go out and pave a path of my own, but... not right now." They were still young, she had many years to seek and experience. Whether she was taken further into darkness or back into the light, one day she would find out who she truly was. "You may not understand, but am learning a lot under the sith. Its very different to what the Jedi has taught us. "

"Oh, I don't doubt that at all," Balun replied, certain that the Sith would teach many things that the Jedi would consider heretical. "I'm relieved to hear that you won't be going out there and harming people needlessly. From what I've read, many Sith are quite vicious in their random acts of violence," Balun added, speaking softly and forcing a smile to convey his approval and appreciation of this.

"What are you doing on Eriadu, anyway?" Balun would soon turn the conversation towards their present surroundings. Having learned that his best friend had turned to the Dark Side of the Force, he was now forced to consider that there might be something of interest to the Sith Order. It appeared as though their influence was spreading quickly across the Outer Rim Territories, though Eriadu had not yet succumbed to their foothold.

"Are there more like yourself somewhere around here?" he enquired, glancing over his shoulder precautiously. The last thing he needed was to run into a Sith Lord and wind up on the receiving end of a beating. Balun hadn't yet encountered a Sith, but he knew his limited experience would put him at a vast disadvantage in his current state.

Falentra Falentra

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom