Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A past time in Corellia

I smiled nodding my head. While she had moved her rifle to her back, asking me my own name. I offered her my hand as I spoke, "A lot of people call me Angel. However, my real name is Erin Ecthelion." if we shook hands or not, I let my arm drop to my side. I frowned. "Well we need to get to the gang's place. If you happen to know where it is, then we can use my speeder since you seem to be scared of heights." I chuckled at the last part. she was scared of high places, and yet I was a man who could fly faster than most speeders. Now that was something ironic.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I didn't take Erin's hand a second time. "Yeah, I have a pretty good idea where they are. But it's crawling with guards. Hope you're ready for that." I turned and tried to find a way off the building that didn't involve me falling off the side. There was a fire escape within reach. I didn't like how flimsy it looked, but it would work. Slowly, I began making my way over to it.
[member="Erin Ecthelion"]

I noticed that she did not take my hand for a shake. Regardless, She said that the place was filled with guards. I nodded my head as she began to walk away towards the fire escape. I shook my head and pointed to the door off to the side. "That door will lead you down to a set of stairs so you don't have to go through that." I then let my hand drop once more. "Unless you feel like flying again."

Chuckling at how she was scared of heights. "As well, I need to gather a few things if there are going to be more guards than what I expect, that is if you don't mind coming with me for a bit since I don't know where the gang is at."

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I gave him a frustrated look. "I don't mind flying. It just depends on HOW HIGH the flying is." She was afraid of falling, but there was a greater risk of death when she fell from higher points. For instance, going down a fire escape on a three-story building is perfectly fine, but flying 500 feet above land was a different story.

I shook my head. Smiling, knowing that this anger was almost premature and considering her age of about 14 or 15. It, to her, was something that was normal. "Well then you wouldn't mind me flying you to my ship then?" I tilted my head and looked at her as though I was questioning her motives on her being vertically challenged.

"I mean, you can just close your eyes if you get scared."

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I crossed my arms defiantly. "I wasn't scared. I was just... Startled. I mean, how would you feel if one minute you're standing on solid ground, and then the next, you're so high up in the sky that people look like ants below you? It's not something I can just blow off, you know." I turned my gaze to my feet, scraping the toe of my shoe on the permacrete rooftop. He laughed at me, but he has wings! He probably flies around like some kind of angel bird thingy all the time!

I looked at her. Already understanding what was the deal. I drew my sword and let it drop to the ground with a loud clang. I turned around. my back facing her, and let my wings come out. They almost shimmered into existence on my back. "I was once scared of my ability to fly. I didn't know I had wings. You are scared of heights. Can you imagine how I felt to discover that I had wings? A person who was born to believe they were human, only to sprout wings?" I turned back around to face her. "Can you image the fear of it? How I dealt with it? The only reason that I am over that, is because I accepted myself for who I am. And allowed myself to fly."

Taking my foot and slipping it under the blade, I kicked up and with a quick grab in the air, my hand connected with the grip. Swinging it around, I brought it to my back. Placing it in the sheath once more. "You don't have to trust me. But at least give me a shot to earn your trust." I reached out with my hand another time. Wanting her so much to accept my offer. "If you continue to believe in only the possible, you will never achieve the impossible."

(OOC: I can't believe I just used that quote. I am so putting that in his Signature! lol)
[member="Yoka Anume"]

((OOC: Go for it! :p))

My eyes widened a little when Erin showed me his wings. They were just as pretty his face, and that was saying something. I knew how I would've dealt with that fear. I wouldn't have even thought about it. Why? Because I had wings. Those wings would've been my hope. Hope that I could fly away from this hole, and take Teth to all of those places he said he'd wanted to see. They'd make my job a hell of a lot easier, that was for sure. Heights wouldn't scare me if I knew that I could defy them.

I bit my lip when he stuck out his hand. Hesitantly, I decided to take it. After all, what've I got to lose?

I smiled brightly as she hesitantly reached out for my hand. Pulling her to me, I Slowly reached around her, "Now you are going to have to hold onto me with more than just your hand. I don't want to drop you." Indicating that I was not wanting to harm her, I then gently wrapped my arms around her. "Ready?" I then, this time, slowly lifted off. At first it was just a weightless fleeing, and slowly we had reached about 10 meters away from the roof of the building. I smiled at her, "It's okay, Just look at me. Don't look down."

I wanted her to look me in the eyes. That way she would not be worried about no solid ground beneath her, and then I could also see her reaction.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I gingerly wrapped my arms around Erin's neck at the mention of the word "drop". About halfway up, I craned my neck around and looked down. Not the brightest idea on my part. I let out a kind of frightened squeak and turned my head to his chest, squeezing my eyes shut. Just don't think about it, just don't think about it, just don't think about it..... Slowly, I opened my eyes and focused them on Erin's face. The fear melted away. I didn't think about the ground. I thought about the open sky and the clouds all around us. And the way his skin almost appeared to glow in the sun. I could feel my cheeks get just a little bit warmer than normal.

Holding onto me by around my neck, I held onto her around her waist. Looking at her and smiling a little when she yipped in slight fear. But after looking to me, I looked at her and she seemed to calm down somewhat, but I swear, I thought she was blushing while she looked at me. I smiled at her and decided to speak. "See, You're flying!" Chuckling a little as I almost exclaimed it to the galaxy, "Now if we want to go after this gang, I am going to have to move really fast to get where my ship is. Just hang on, and resist the temptation to scream. Crush my lungs if you want, but just please don't scream."

Looking at her for a second more, I nodded to her to see that she was ready. Looking up and away from her, at first the speed increase was small. Just so I could right myself to fly where I needed to go, But here is where the fun begins for me. My body dropped a little as I folded my wings up, and let us drop.

Using gravity to speed us up, I then smacked my wings into the air once more and send us flying faster and faster. Righting myself to be level We were headed to my ship at about 200kmph. I could feel the wind on my face, and it felt oh so good.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

The moment I felt us falling, My head immediately went back to his chest. I glued my eyes shut and squeezed Erin tighter. We leveled out sharply, causing me to whimper a little bit. I could feel the wind against my back and my scalp. My hair whipped around like it had a mind of its own. It was as if we were a bullet whizzing through the air. My heart's never gone so fast in my entire life!

I smiled. Feeling her tighten her arms around me as I continued to go faster and faster. I smiled brightly as We were getting close. I started to slow down and bring us towards the roof of a lower building. Coming to be floating right above the single story place, I spoke to her. shaking her with my arms to get some of her attention back. "Hey, we are here. It's fine. All we have to do is go down these stairs, and walk across the street to get into my ship."

[member="Yoka Anume"]

I cautiously peeked out from my little hiding spot on Erin's chest. We were floating just one or two feet off of the ground. I loosened my grip on his neck and plopped down onto my feet. I was shaky, but alive. "Well, that was..... Alright I guess." I scratched the back of my head and looked around. As if that would make him forget how utterly terrified I was!

I smiled. Knowing that she was scared senseless. Leaving her be with that, For a strange reason, I felt as though when she let go that a cold chill came to my body. As though a part of me was left behind. I shook it off and started to walk towards the stairs that would lead down inside the building. Keeping to it, I opened the door for her. "Ladies first?"

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I walked down into the building in front of Erin, happy to move on from that little episode. It made me look so weak. Like a baby. I didn't like that one bit. I can stand up for myself! I didn't need anyone followin' me around like I was their kid or somethin'! We reached the floor of the place a few minutes later. It was a little dark, so I couldn't see much. "What now?" I said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom