Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A past time in Corellia

Corellia
Coronet City
Mid Morning

I felt good today. Some time has passed since my last being here in Coronet City. I had come here for some time off. The luck with finding anybody from my dreams were slowly fading. I felt as though I was losing connection to the two girls and the guy. I knew that the girl with blonde hair was called Jasmine because of the white haired boy calling her as such. The only other thing I knew of them, were their faces and voices. And from the sound of it, they were all older, as well as myself. While I was 18 years old, my voice was not that deep. and I still had growing to come across. So I knew I would meet them all later, or at least, all of us would be in the same place at a later date.

I walked in the street carrying the Dauntless combat blade on my back. No matter where I was, I carried the weapon. The sword was my prize. it was all of my ability stored into one thing. I needed this sword. The other weapon I carried was a HP-101. A slugthrower pistol that was held in an armpit holster on my left side. All under my coat and the little battle skirt, or known formally as a kama, that I wore. All black. and hot. I wiped my brow as I walked the streets. Looking for something to do.

I wanted to really do anything. There were so many things to do here, that I didn't know what to start with. I questioned myself at first, and just kept walking. Maybe something will come up as I walked. You never know in a place like this.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

The sun glared in my scope a bit, but it didn't effect my sight. That may be one of the only things I'm good at. My big cyan eyes, and how far and clearly they can see. I was watching two men as they made their way down the street. They were wanted men, naturally. Affiliated with a gang that was rising in infamy. Word was that they'd burned three factories down just a week ago. With that being the case, my best course of action was to take them out now so I wouldn't have to follow them around all day. I tracked their movements, patiently waiting for people to move away from them. Finally, my chance arrived. A light breeze gently rustled my long caramel hair as I slowly eased my finger over the trigger. As one of the men turned to look behind them, I fired. The shot hit him straight in the eye. One down, one to go. The sound of my rifle cut through the morning air. People seemed to fall still and silent for the briefest second. Then, chaos ensued. The second man looked around frantically and began running with the rest of the crowd, leaving his comrade's corpse to be trampled on the permacrete. I seriously needed a silencer for this thing! I collected my weapon and stayed low on the rooftop so that I wouldn't be seen. As I made my way down and out of the builing with the rifle strapped to my back, I accidentally ran into someone. The impact knocked me off of my feet. Our eyes met for a moment. It was a..... a gorgeous guy, and only A little older than me! As happy as I was to be looking at him, I knew I had to catch up with my second target. So, I stood up and started sprinting in the direction of the crowd.
[member="Erin Ecthelion"]

Life was chaotic.

That was, it is now after I heard a gun go off. Usually it didn't happen wide out in the open. As well, if you used one in the open, it was with a suppressor. This person was either new to the game, or was very, and I mean very, bold. A man that was walking in front of me exploded into bits and pieces. Spilling brains, parts of a skull, and even blood on any of those in the area. However, to do that, one had to reach the brain in one shot with a high caliber round. Sniper rifle. and from the back where he had been facing. I ran to the right as that was the way he was looking when his puny head blew to smithereens.

Running up and alley, I then ran directly into a girl as I turned into it. Caramel hair, bright and large eyes that were looking directly at me as I saw a rifle over her shoulder. She was actually kind of cute. I shook my head as I held onto her arms for a single second when she ran off. I stood there wondering why she was using a rifle? Then it hit me. She was the one who shot the man. I then ran after her. Drawing my slugthrower pistol. an HP-101. Relatively large in my hand, however, it was modified with hogue grips to allow me to properly grip the weapon.

I ran after her. She was already too far away for me to really do anything, and the only reason I had the gun in my hand was just incase anything went wrong. I rose my arm into the air, and fired a shot. The surrounding people who were trying to run in any direction began to run away from me. It cleared my way, and I was sure that the cops would be here soon.

With a Dash of the force, I increased my speed to be exponentally faster than the girl. Catching up to her in less than two seconds. "HEY STOP!"

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I kept going. If I stopped now, I'd lose my man and get arrested all at the same moment. I didn't know how fast he'd gotten up to me, but this gorgeous boy wasn't getting in the way of my credits. My only means of getting food this week! I side-stepped him, speeding up a bit. I was just a few feet behind the crowd now. I could see the man's head as he ran with the people. If I could just find a place to get a better veiw...

She moved fast. And clearly she knew I was not going to shoot her. I grudged at myself. Debating about what I should do. I needed to talk to this woman. But she was the shooter. Hunting down a man. Probably the poor guy's friend that she had shot. as I ran, I put the gun away. Seeing as how there was already chaos around here, it wouldn't hurt to add a little more.

As I ran, I could hear screams at me. Such as; What the hell? What is that? and my favorite one, Who are you? I ignored them as I ran. And with a burst of speed, I had caught completely up to the girl. Grabbed onto her waist, and pushed off the ground up into the air. My black wings sending me bursting up to 500 kmph into the sky. I was not like other people. I had the wings of a real Diathim. Only, they were black in color. Absorbing the color around me.

I had a little tangle up with this girl. Clearly she would be fighting against me. I mean, who wouldn't.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I felt someone grab my waist. The next thng I knew, I was rocketing upward into the air. My initial reaction was to scream at the top of my lungs. I had a nightmare like this once. In a few seconds, I was gonna fall to the ground and shatter into millions of peices. I hated heights! My eyes became glued to the ground far below me. I grasped whoever was holding me tightly, not looking at them. "Put me down! PUTMEDOWNPUTMEDOWNPUTMEDOWN!!!" My voice was two octaves higher than normal. I was pretty sure I'd pass out from fear!

"Not happening girl." Speaking to her in a calm voice while her own was so high I thought my ears would break. I continued to fly higher and higher. I wouldn't be mean to this girl, but obviously the sudden jolt upwards, as well as a possible fear of heights, which actually a lot of people have, would be reasonable right now.

I stopped and came to not move. Still holding onto her, "Stop flailing and I won't drop you." I was not joking. if she kept messing around and trying to get out of my grasp, I might drop her. Even if it was on accident. I couldn't see her face, and I didn't really get anything more than a glimpse when we ran into each other. "Look, I won't drop you. I promise. All you have to do is talk to me."

No this was not a way to get her on a date or anything. I wanted to know why she shot the man, and why she wanted the second man dead.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I became rigid when he said the word "drop". My knuckles were white on his shoulder. I could feel cold beads of sweat forming on my forehead. I slowly turned my head and looked straight at him. "I'll do anything you want! Just please put me down! I don't wanna fall!" I begged. The tears in my eyes confirmed that I was genuinely scared.

I shook my head. She thought I was torturing her. I didn't know that she was scared of heights. If she was, then why would you be using a sniper rifle that put you in higher places? I didn't question it. But while I was speaking, we were actually floating downwards, and were just a few feet away from the top of a roof. Slowly I put her down. Seeing the tears across her face. While she was there, I grabbed the rifle from her. Taking a few steps back.

I didn't take the weapon to use it. I wanted to keep myself safe. If she was willing to shoot someone, then she was willing to shoot me. "Now, First lets start off on a better foot." Speaking as I unloaded the weapon with practice. Clearly I knew my way around guns. "Lets not point weapons at each other." I then pulled out my sword and threw it off to the side of the roof. it slid to the edge and stopped at the railing with a clang sound. Followed by my own pistol. and the rifle. However the bullets stayed with me.

"Please don't try and grab one of those. I would hate to have t-" I stopped myself, as I looked at her face. She looked..... familiar. Almost like I had seen her before in my life. Somewhere. I was just wracking my brain on where I had seen her. But this was the first time I met her. Now I was having a brain fart.

"Um... name?"

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I slid to the floor limply when he finally set me down. I was trembling like a little kid, but I was too shaken to care. I watched him toss a sword and my rifle away half-afraid he'd break the rifle or use the sword on me. When he asked my name, I took a deep breath. "Yoka. Yoka Anume," My mousy voice replied.

Looking to her, She was crumpled up on the floor of the roof. She was truly scared. Kneeling down as she spoke her name, Yoka, I tried to look at her. Scooting closer, she looked to be someone who would not attack me since she was traumatized by flying in the air. I reached out to her, but stopped before touching her. "Hey, I didn't mean to scare you. I was trying to get you away. The police here are faster than you think. If I didn't grab you, they would have."

I let myself lean back and plop onto my rear instead of be crunched on my toes. "And because I didn't want to see someone waste their life away like that." It was true. I didn't like it when people, young and smart, waste their time by getting in jail. or worse. With how.... attractive she was, she wouldn't last a minute in jail.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I glared defiantly down at my hands sread out in front of me. "I know how to get the cops off me. I'm really fast. By the time they catch up, I've already got my rifle stashed somewhere else, and all they see is a poor little innocent homeless girl walking down the street." Sometimes, they didn't even try to chase me. They just assume it's someone else, and leave me alone.

I shook my head. Yoka thought that she could just always escape from them. "I wouldn't test them. They could have your prints on the area." Showing her the gloves I wore, it got rid of the chance for my prints to be in places. "And they could have your footprints." I pushed my foot forward to show the bottom of my boot. The soles looked much like the pavement top. Smooth, but having a grit looking style to allow traction.

"They would have caught up to you sooner or later." I then moved to sit normally. "What is the point of going after them anyways?"

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I shrugged. "They had a bounty. People die all the time around here. Sometimes they scream for days, sometimes they go out in a few hours. Besides, they were with a big gang that causes a lot of trouble. If the cops wanna stop them they can go right ahead. But so far they haven't done a thing about it. And I need to eat this week, so..."

Eat? wait what? she didn't have someone taking care of her? She looked no older than 14 or 15. She was very young. I looked at her in surprise, then I shook my head almost in madness. "What do you mean you need to eat this week? There is no need for you to kill people for bounties at your age." I had been saving a protein bar for later, but I pulled it out and handed it to her. "How about this. We will take down this gang, since you seem so adamant about taking it down, and then I can help you from there." I had once been alone. I had seen worse. I knew just about what she may have been going through. Having to scavenge for food. I would not let a girl like her be stuck with dealing with that.

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I looked up at him a bit angrily. "'My age'? What's that supposed to mean?! I'm not a kid, you know! I've lived here my whole life! I know how to take care of myself!" I crossed my arms and scooted around so that I didn't have to face him. But not before I swiped the protein bar from his hand and shoved it in my coat pocket. What can I say? When someone offers you food, you say yes. It bugged me tthat he acted like I was so young. He looked, like, 18. He had no room to call me young!

I shook my head. She was judging me by how I looked. She scooted away from be after taking the bar out of my hand. A smile slowly formed onto my face. "You know, maybe if you went with me on taking this gang down, then maybe, just maybe, I will believe that you are not 'Just a kid'" That would be hard to let slip away. Considering the fact that I already knew she was more than what she looked, I just wanted to see how well she worked. Maybe if it was possible, I could work with her.

And that's when it hit me. I knew exactly who this girl was. The reason I could not figure her out right off the bat was because she looked much younger. But I already knew who she was. I felt good about it, and I knew that this would probably turn out good for the both of us. Standing up, I moved around to face her. I then crouched down to be at her eye level. "You know, Sometimes you have to trust someone even when you don't want to. I know I can trust you because I have a gut feeling that you wouldn't shoot me as soon as I give you your rifle. And, I think I can trust you because you look to be someone who needs a person in their life, more than a job hunting people that have done bad things. Each of us have a reason. and I want to help you find yours."

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I kept my stubborn glare as he spoke to me. But as I studied his face, something told me he was telling the truth. He was being honest with me. My glare softened a little as I kept looking at him. Finally, I let out a sharp sigh. "Okay. I'll go with you," I grumbled.

I smiled as she accepted it. Standing up, I offered her my hand. I wanted to be kind to her. Seeing as how I wanted to help her. Weither she accepted my hand up or not. The weapons off to the side flew to me. Her rifle first. I then reloaded it with precision. Almost like I had used the same one before. Handing it to her, I then pulled my own weapons to me. The pistol came to my had first. which was put away by my left hand while my right was reaching for the sword that flew at me. my right hand caught it with practiced precision and accuracy. I flipped it around to slip into the magnetic sheath on my back.

"Is there anything else you need? If so, we can grab them and then come back for the guys. I don't think they will leave any time soon."

[member="Yoka Anume"],

I reluctantly took his hand and pulled myself up. I took my rifle and strapped it across my back again. When he asked what else I needed, I shrugged. "How about your name? Kinda dumb if you know mine but I don't know yours."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom