Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Pack of Wolves

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
kPx9w5C.png
D E T E R M I N E D

Wearing: xxx
Tag: Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

Stewjon. It had been far too long since Gerwald set foot on the planet. He could not recall doing so since he worked with a team of Confederates, witches, and one time lover, to rescue his sister from the prison Alwine had been held in. His boots kicked up the dust as not much of the world had changed in the two years since he last saw it. While they were working hard at integrating the technology the CIS could offer, any headway was delayed by the illiteracy of most of the population. The rich had kept the privilege of education to themselves while the rest were left to be controlled by the few.

Much of the effort the Confederacy spent over the past two years had been in educating the masses. Education had been the one thing which brought the equality that toppled the remaining desire to keep a caste system in place. Gerwald was happy to find there was at least some semblance of progress on that front, and successful progress as well.

He was not there for progress reports however. Gerwald found himself investigating a crashed ship which had gone down in the area. Reports of pirate activity were increasing around the outer worlds under the Confederacy’s influence, and this ship was rumored to be a slave transport. If there was one thing the Confederacy did not suffer in their borders, it was slavery. Gerwald hated it as well. It was with great haste his feet carried him to the crash site, along with a contingent of younger knights under his command.

“We confirm or debunk the rumors. Then we act,” Gerwald said exercising restraint he was not known for.

Upon arrival, Gerwald was surprised at what he found. The crash was nothing but spectacular, but what he gathered from the way the ship had crashed, was that it had been forced to the ground. This implied a revolt.

Pressing ahead Gerwald entered the ship to find evidence of a breakout. Cells were opened, most of the slaves nowhere to be found. A few bodies littered the floor of the crashed ship with what appeared to be… bite marks. Gerwald knew the animal which did it. They were from a wolf. The helmet he was wearing was torn off his head in moments as the lupine allowed the scent of the air around him to fill his nose. Sorting through the blood, sweat, and fecal matter, Gerwald landed on what he was looking for. The animal in hiding.

He moved toward the back of the ship, a cargo hold seemed to remain intact. The doors were barred shut, but this was nothing for the force. A twist of Gerwald’s hand was the motion he used to command the door to tear itself open and off the track. Whatever was waiting for him behind the doors, Gerwald would be ready. There was no beast that had gained the upper hand on him yet.​

Ger-Temp.png

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist --|-- Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner ----|----

It was the tears that did him in. Taking the ship had been easy, surviving the crash had been harder, but that girl sobbing after he had opened the door to her cell? That, that had been what started it. The pirates had holed themselves up in all kinds of places like rats. The slaves and hostages had been mobilized by an older man and Anse? At first he had fallen in under his command. It wasn’t his desire to lead others now or ever. Partnership? This he could do. Subordinate? Yes. Never leader. A leader was not free, they sacrifice that freedom on the alter of the gaze of others. The rules. The protocol. The demands. Nah, not for him thank you.

As he was going through making sure there was no hidden places where people we being kept, it was the scent of pain, fear, lust and sex that had cried the worst. A girl, granted she was above the age of consent, but to him she was still a girl, had been locked up on her own. He smelled the men that had touched her, he made sure she was taken to safety and then he had gone hunting.

Even on his best day he hated pirates. Getting to these ones would be the challenge and after the crash landing the ship was a fragile egg that he exploited. At first he had gone with a group who like him were minded to make sure there was payback. However the ones he was specifically hunted were in the cargo hold. A frontal attack would have been stupid, so he squeezed through a vent shaft and saw to it the power was cut just as he slipped inside. After that the screaming started in the dark. Once there was no one else in the room alive, the Lopara found himself effectively trapped.

Changing forms was something that took a lot of energy. Changing to his human form would be just as draining as it was in the form he was now, so he stayed as a wolf. When the sounds outside changed and he heard an authoritative voice, he slipped behind some crates expecting the worst. Not all the pirates were dead, just the ones he had gone after. So had the pirates managed to regain control? Light flooded the darkness as power was restored and the sounds of crumpling metal hit his ears making him snarl. When he could see, he saw the door was gone and a man was walking through.

He was wearing a uniform and more, he smelled different. He smelled like Alwine Daye Alwine Daye . Not just because he was wolfborne himself, but siblings? Cautiously he stepped out into view. His black nose was level with this stranger’s face, he could easily put his head and shoulder in his mouth if he wanted. He walked into view his tail high, his posture guarded, but not hostile. Despite the blood thick on his face and chest, his golden and cream coat was still stunning. The sight around him was a scene of death, blood splattered most of everything and here stood the golden murderer of the pirates that had been trapped in the hold.

Taking a risk, he changed forms. His body seeming to flow into itself, condensing and then before him stood a man. Anse had not a single spec of blood on him after the change, but one would be hard pressed to explain where it had gone. Lost in the change perhaps? Anse crossed his arms with a frown. “Ye be either an ally or a new threat, so which are ye?

They were about the same height and weight, it wasn’t every day he was at eye level with others. He was dressed simply, leather and linen, nothing fancy. The kind of clothing that was cheap, easy and comfortable. Truth was, they could almost pass as siblings, similar hair, though the Lopara was fairer skinned. Of course Anse knew he was the better looking and far more enjoyable company between the two of them. This one hardly had the look of someone who smiled often, maybe he had a reason for this? Maybe he would find out.

YushaBot.png

kPx9w5C.png

D E T E R M I N E D

Gerwald considered the man, once wolf, before him. He did not smell like a lupine. There were other species out there which were gifted with the ability to shift. Some saw it as a curse, while others were indifferent to the concept. Gerwald, he accepted it as his nature. It had taken time for him to understand the unity of his inner duality, but he was neither human or wolf. He was both, one in the same.

The man before him wanted to know if he was a friend or foe, and that was easily answered.
“I suppose that depends on whether you’re surviving slaver or victim? You’ve found yourself in CIS space, and slavery is not tollerated here. I came to slaughter the slavers, but by the looks of it someone beat me to it.”

Considering the blood splatter Gerwald saw on the wolf earlier, the bite and claw marks in what appeared to be the crew, Gerwald made a logical assumption. This man may not be a friend, but he certainly was not an enemy.

“You wouldn’t happen to know anything about that, would you?”

Ger-Temp.png

Last edited:
RezIgRT.png

Blue eyes flashed gold for a brief moment, his wolf far from appeased with the deaths and being considered a slaver? The predatory grin that flashed across Anse’s face may have unsettled most, but he knew the wolf before him would hardly have even a piece of fur ruffled. “Oh aye, we all decided to have quite a party. Sadly for them their intestinal fortitude left much to be desired. There be a wee lass tha’ was made a pet to two of th’ men tha’ holed up in here, if ye be here to arrest me for killing them, so be it. I won’t hide I killed them, I am sure I broke plenty of your laws. Just tell her they be dead, tha' at least th' ones who gave her th' nightmares died screaming.

He didn’t care that he broke them, what they had done to the girl he had found still left him seeing red. He wanted to leave, find a forest to run in and put this from his mind. He wanted to wash away the taste of their blood and flesh with a keg of cold ale. Or as close to a full keg as he could get. Instead he suspected he would be spending some time in a cage.

YushaBot.png

markus-brackelmann-crashed-ship-final-small_3.png
D E T E R M I N E D

The man was under the impression he was going to get arrested for what he had done. Gerwald thought about what his options were. An arrest would mean extra paperwork, filing reports just to be sure everything was justified. No, the mission was to stop slavers and pirates from practicing their trade in CIS space. Finding a crashed ship with all the pirates dead was the best case scenario for Gerwald at the moment.

“Seeing as how the idea was to kill the pirates and free the cargo… I don’t see why I would be arresting you… unless I’m about to charge you with making my job easier.”

Gerwald shrugged as he turned to others which had come with him.

“Process the scene so we can rule it a crash, and the pirates DOA.”

His eyes flicked back to the other shifter, another wolf. Gerwald was still a bit cautious. It was his nature these days. He supposed the others did not want to be on the ship much longer, so Gerwald slowly stepped closer to the man.

“I am guessing the others trust you. Let’s say you help me get them to the nearest medical facility for a check up, from there the Confederacy will help them get back home, or find them new ones. Once that is over… you look like you could use a mead or 10.”

Ger-Temp.png

RezIgRT.png

Anse grinned and shook his head. “Th’ one they trusted was the old gent tha’ captained th’ ship they were all taken from. Not great with names, but he smells like mint and some kind of burnt leaf. I be just one of those doing as he commanded and then went off with a couple men to party.

He then strode over and put out his hand. “I be Anse Baenshaol and if ye be knowing where there is good mead, I will be delighted to follow you. Ogrimm be running hot still, won’t lie I could use a good run and hunt so he can eat and cool down. Been a while since I had company, you know a safe place?

He wasn’t meaning safe for himself or his wolf, he was meaning safe for everyone else. He didn’t think Ogrimm would hurt an innocent person, but why take the chance? A run with this stranger would also build trust and Anse had a good feeling about him.

YushaBot.png

kPx9w5C.png
D E T E R M I N E D

Tag: @Anse

His head canted to one side as the Lupine listened to the man in front of him. He spoke of his wolf as if they were not one in the same. That was an odd notion for Gerwald because the Lupine was whole. Gerwald was full wolf and fully man at the same time. The whole notion that once could be two separate beings and two separate psyches was confusing to the lupine.

“You happened to land on my homeworld, I know every mead hall between here and the Viceroy’s Grand Hall. I’ve been kicked out of them all too,” Gerwald chuckled.

He turned to his men.

“I will return. Message me when you are done.”

With a nod of his head he motioned for the other man to follow him. They were both of similar stature, even if Gerwald did have more muscle. The other would not have a hard time keeping up with Gerwald’s stride.

“Tell me a bit about yourself. How did you end up in the middle of that mess in the first place? I am guessing you are not the kind to usually find yourself in a slaver’s cage.”

Ger-Temp.png

RezIgRT.png

The Lopara thought his circumstances were indeed fortuitous at that moment. Not only will he be able to wash the taste from his mouth, but he had a guide to this new place’s best watering holes. As he let his people know his next steps Anse itched to get outside.

His question about his ‘story’ brought a chuckle, but his attention shifted as they got outside and the wind hit his face. He stopped, his eyes for a brief span of heartbeats turned gold, but then he closed his eyes taking a deep breath. New smells hit his nose, but it was the bliss of being out of a place that reeked of death that mattered.

His eyes opened as he turned his head to look at the man. “Ye haven’t even told me your name laddie and ye want to know more about me? Till ye do I’ll have to make some up and ye might not like what I be cooking up if I do.”

Not that any of them would be offensive, but this man didn’t strike him as the type to like nicknames. “I be a mechanic. They stopped in Chaos space looking to hire and I took it, was easy enough to do. They had been having engine issues, found out as I was working one of the crew was making trouble. Just as we caught him the pirates pounced, seems he was one of theirs. They had been after a particular person, but it being a posh lass they thought to plunder her and we brought her down and ye know the rest.

He fell in just a little behind the man, not intentionally, but positioned at his left. This was the stranger’s home turf, he had more authority and he didn’t know where to go. Granted he could have just run off and found a place on his own, but didn’t. It didn’t seem wise to do so. “As for me as a whole? I be a wanderer. I generally follow laws and if ye look me up you’ll find a few notes, probably, of me in a scattering of brawls or upsetting someone’s lover. Otherwise I just enjoy life and th’ willing souls who I take a fancy for and just be. Aye and I also know my way around a battlefield or combat in general, but tha’ be unpleasant.

He then eyed him. “So. Where did I end up?

YushaBot.png
[/CODE]

kPx9w5C.png
D E T E R M I N E D

Wearing:
Tag:
Anse Baenshaol Anse Baenshaol

“Gerwald,” the lupine answered with a nod. “The name is Gerwald.”

The wolf saw no need to give a last name, especially on Stewjon. Rumors would already be swirling among those who remembered his family about his return. It had been almost two years since Gerwald was last seen on the planet to begin with. So much had happened in that amount of time. Gerwald allowed his mind to wander for a moment. Thoughts replayed every major event he had experienced in that amount of time. Some stood out more than others, and certain feelings played at his heart with each passing thought. A smile even graced his lips as he thought about his best friend, then a slight frown at the thought of her loss.

Gerwald was definitely going to need the mead.

For the most part the lupine listened, remaining silent until they reached the mead hall. Gerwald instantly felt eyes on him when he walked in through the door. It seemed there were those that did remember him.

“Stewjon is the planet. This is where I am from. You managed to find yourself in the Confederacy of Independent Systems.”

If this Anse was a wanderer then he knew exactly what that meant and where in the galaxy he was.

His hand motioned for a table where the two could talk more. Two goblets were placed in front of them by a young woman, blonde and pretty. She seemed to look interested in the giant lupine, but Gerwald paid her no attention. After certain experiences and the loss of someone he loved dearly, the man was in no place for entertaining the slightest of romantic things.

“So, you ever think about settling down, putting those mechanical skills to use for something greater than just yourself?”

https://www.starwarsrp.net/threads/gerwalds-morph-armor.133331/xxx[/url

RezIgRT.png

----|---- Playlist ----|----

Confederacy space. Well, he certainly had landed in a mess didn’t he? He sprawled in his seat casting a look around. He noticed that Gerwald was getting the stink eye and wondered at that. When the girl cast an appraising eye at the Lupine and got nothing, Anse gave her a warm smile and a shrug which got a smile from her in return. He eyed her from behind his mug as she drifted off. Pity he probably wouldn’t be on this planet too long, otherwise her skirts would be chased.

When the man asked his question the Lopara set down his mug with a sigh, half empty. “Ye be like all th’ others laddie. Every time I meet someone all ranked they be wanting my body and not for anything fun.” He looked down at the amber liquid in his glass. “Firstly ye should know I be under contract to th’ Agents of Chaos, or more specifically Scherezade deWinter Scherezade deWinter . I be her personal mechanic, but I do not help her or her government impose their ideals on others. I be not th’ sort who seeks to make war. I fight, I can promise ye tha’, but I had my fill killing those defending their homes because someone decided their ways be better. There be a few exceptions to tha’ however, but for th’ most part I believe th’ galaxy be just fine without others mucking around just cuz they decided they can. So how is your Confederacy any different eh?

He then drained his mug and got the serving lass’ attention letting her know he wanted a refill. “Besides. I don’t stay in one place for more than a handspan of months at a time, sometimes longer. How can I take any sort of work when I be driven to wander? I do eventually return, but only way I could is if ye make a similar contract as she did.

When the new drinks came he finished one outright, but then took his time with the third. His blue eyes then turned to watch the room, he wasn’t sure how this one would take to finding out he wasn’t an ideal recruit.

YushaBot.png

Last edited:
kPx9w5C.png
D E T E R M I N E D

Tag:

It seemed that there were other parts of his past that would be haunting Gerwald today. Everything seemed to be going well. The mead was good, better than he remembered. By the gods how Gerwald missed a good mead. He had tried mead elsewhere only to learn no one made mead like Stewjon. It only took one name to spoil the two glasses of mead that he had been knocking back.

Blue eyes looked at Anse, frozen. The name he uttered was not one he had heard in a long time. Hearing that Anse was in a contract with the woman brought up things Gerwald had spent the better part of a year trying to forget. All of it was brought back to the forefront. Her obsession, the fact she attempted to kill herself because he had rejected her.

Ultimately she had left the Confederacy, everything, and Gerwald was finally able to find peace. Whether he was guilty of what he had experienced in the past or not, things had moved on for Gerwald only to have this name brought up.

“Frak the contract,” Gerwald said finally. “Scherezade deWinter and her Agents of Chaos support the exact thing I just rescued you from. She was part of the Confederacy once, and her exit was not good. Not to mention I have personal history with her. Your life would be better off if you were fixing ships for the Knights Obsidian who free slaves instead of make them.”

Gerwald grabbed a cup of mead and started drinking again. He was testing Anse to see what he knew of Scherezade’s endorsement of slavery among he new faction.

Ger-Temp.png

RezIgRT.png

The mention of the practices of the AoC saw Anse drinking his cup empty and then setting the cup down lest he accidentally break it. “Aye. I know. However th' most damnable thing ye will learn about me lad, I be a man of my word and th' contract is a promise of service, even if I be very against th' actions of th' faction she represents. Th’ contract happened before I knew what she and ultimately they were up to. Th’ contract simply be that I fix her personal machines if any are broken and tha’ even if I am away she be paying me. If she has a mission tha’ could use a mechanic I reserve th’ right to say no or charge her extra. I keep my freedom and keep from all tha’ mess. There be only one person I sort of like and she be your sister…

He then sighed heavily. “Ye smell ready to beat me bloody. What mess did I stick my feet waist deep into lad? I am sorry for upsetting ye. I honestly be not knowing what kind of a hot mess things were with them, but considering how things were when she showed up, mayhaps I should have had a good guess.

He ordered another round and ran a hand through his hair. “I knew I would end up coming in line with their enemies. It be why I be open about th’ contract, I have nothing worth keeping secret. I hope ye don’t think too badly of me, I don’t want to lose ties to a man I was hoping to be friends with. Ye seem like a good lad, be a shame this be making things sour…

If he had had the ability his ears would have been pinned back flat. Fortunately this was not a visible sign, but the feeling was still there. He hated messy problems like this and whatever personal beef Gerwald had, he was now too deep in to go back. He looked down at his empty glass wondering how badly this was going to screw him. Was he likely to be thrown in a cell after all? He grit his teeth waiting for the man to explode. He really didn’t want a fight, fighting good men was never fun.

YushaBot.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom