Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction A Not So Soft Underbelly [SO]

A Not So Soft Underbelly

pub

Thread Status: Open to Sith Order
Tags: Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

712g0yKdx6U77yGoAO6SpkYAqeNTk9izz1NQDijJV7DGCZ9J0YE55igdkQunA27fgGurS2T3ZSiRd6UKzP0HL5M2nGwvqA464YUYduGr8DHW3CWj-4apBkXgK3pPDbUscvfh45r9MWzWYBz4faaD5w

The hustle and bustle of the outer District of Arcadia-N-30 was a fun yet dangerous distraction to some, and a stark reminder of the dangers of the world to most others. With a large percent of the inter-galactic trade in the south-eastern quadrant of the galaxy coming through Arcadia-N-30 it saw people of all walks of life coming through. Innocent travelers, ship captains and ship crewmen were stuffed right alongside the shifty-eyed crooks and criminals looking to swindle the rest out of their hard earned credits. It was not through lack of trying that the outer district of Arcadia had devolved into such debauchery. The local militia had little sway outside of the center dome, even less outside of the middle dome, but that was not to say that the outer dome was lawless. Gangs of varying sizes and influence controlled different sections of the district, and in some cases even had a chokehold on certain activities in totality. What these gangs said was considered an iron law in the outermost district of Arcadia, and it was typically a fool's folly to disobey.

Yet that was precisely why Evor was here. It had been many years since the Ravens had any sort of influence on Nar Shaddaa. Truth be told he missed the influence that they once had. It was a unique feeling, having sway over an entire city and populace. Perhaps that is what drew him to Reverance and the Sith originally. Compared to Nar Shaddaa the outer district of Arcadia was as dangerous as a Sunday brunch, or at least so he thought. That was the reason for his visit really, to test his mettle against the underbelly of the sprawling urban rock. To succeed meant control and influence, but to fail meant many more lessons learned: lessons that would be learned in pain and blood.

The stool beneath him squeaked softly as he looked around with a sigh, his bloodshot eyes faintly illuminated under his shaggy mane of hair by the red hot tip of a lit cigarette. His fingers drummed idly, brump brump brump, on the bartop that seemed like it was made from little more than corrugated metal sheets. He looked up, moving a stand of hair out of his face so that he could make direct eye contact with the Zabrak behind the bar.

Malt,” he states flatly, placing what he felt to be a fair amount of credits upon the table.

The Zabrak pauses for a moment, and simply grunts before turning around and grabbing a murky brown bottle and a single dirty glass from the counter. He places both down before Evor and fills the cup up halfway, scooping the credits off the table and tossing them into a metal jar behind him. Evor grabs the cup and takes a whiff, his face turning to a scowl. He reaches out and grabs the barkeeps wrist, “
The hell kind of Malt is this.”

The Zabrak pulls his wrist back, merely laughing at the man before him. “
The only karking kind you’ll find in the outer district, get used to it boy,” he retorts before just walking off to attend to his next customer.

Evor sighs to himself again, making a slight face of disgust as he takes a sip of what he can only assume to be Jet Juice at this point. He turns in his chair so that he is facing outwards, his eyes scanning the crowded street before him…

sith-red.png

Sith artifacts weren't the kind many people dabbled in collecting. Mostly because the Sith as of late were out and about in force. At the fall of the Sith Empire that had given people a false sense of courage, though. Enough that when her own estate burned to the ground in the fires that consumed Kaas had the once hidden vault ransacked and looted. But with the renewal of the Sith and the reclamation of the holy worlds, there was never a better time to reclaim what had been stolen.

Which brought Alina here. She hummed just a little as she walked through the streets, listening to the voices that spoke so quietly here and there. Black market auctions were her best bet. The more hush hush the operation, the more likely there'd be what she was searching for.

It's what brought her into the bar.

She kept her head eye, her unnaturally glowing eyes scanning only for a moment before she made her way to the bar to sit. Poised and regal. She was still nobility after all, even with the fall of her home. House Tremiru just needed to rebuild.

"The deepest red you have."

She flashed what should be a kind smile, but the fangs that were shown only made it more dangerous than nice. As soon as she got her glass she lifted it, took a small sip, then looked the bartender directly in the eye. The Force shifted as she did, weaving under her control.

"Why don't you tell me of some.. Auctions close by."

Evor Evor

The hairs upon his arm stood on end, the familiar yet overwhelming feeling of the force touching upon him. But he did not feel in danger, if anything the opposite. It did not feel as if a Jedi was behind him, preparing to strike him down. Rather it was a feeling of guile and corruption extracting its toll upon something… or someone. Evor sat up a little bit straighter, bringing the cup to his lips once more. His eyes darted from side to side, masked ever so slightly by his long hair, as he looked for the source of the Force.

The barkeep shuffled back toward Alina, placing the glass of red wine before her. It was shite wine, but it would have to do for the time being. He takes a step back, her question hanging over him before he leans in and sputters out an answer.

"
I-i-i," he stammers, as if trying to fight the compulsion upon him,"I-i can help you with that, my Lady. Warehouse b-by the d-docks. The side of the building is graffiti'd with a white snake sticking it's tongue out. T-tell Kresh you want to know when the next shipment of speeder parts is coming."

The man immediately snaps out of it, his eyes going wide in terror. The backbone he showed Evor moments ago was gone in an instant. He leans in even closer, his voice a mere whisper. "P-please, I beg you, leave now. They cannot know it was me who told you… they'll kill me, or worse…" He whimpers softly, his fear for this Kresh extremely evident. "Please my Lady…" he repeats, his words hanging in the air with no real conclusion.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

sith-red.png

"Oh, don't you worry." Alina reached up to cup his chin. Let her nails glide over his skin. She cut through the skin itself, letting a red mist that had briefly formed around her fingers sunk right in to the thin lines of red that had formed before they healed over. Power. Anima, the lifeblood of the Force, could empower and enhance even normal individuals like this bartender. The only downside was how vastly addictive it was when that power faded.

It'd be enough, for now, though.

"You're more than strong enough to kill anyone who'd try to hurt you now."

Until it wore off, anyway. A little chaos would at least keep some eyes off her. She stood, not bothering to finish the glass as she turned to leave. A warehouse by the dock, huh? Alina chuckled at just how cliche it sounded as she stepped through the doorway.

Evor Evor

712g0yKdx6U77yGoAO6SpkYAqeNTk9izz1NQDijJV7DGCZ9J0YE55igdkQunA27fgGurS2T3ZSiRd6UKzP0HL5M2nGwvqA464YUYduGr8DHW3CWj-4apBkXgK3pPDbUscvfh45r9MWzWYBz4faaD5w
The bustling streets of Arcadia seemed to swallow Alina whole as she stepped out of the dingy, dim light bar. A Trandoshan would bump into her after only a few steps as he strutted in the opposite direction as her, lost in the crowd before she could even have a chance to glare daggers into the back of their head. As she looked around she would see just how dilapidated and desperate the outer ring of Arcadia was. Street vendors selling fresh, hot and juicy mystery meat manned the sides of the streets, tunneling those who were trying to walk into an even more narrow corridor. Tucked away between buildings she could spot tattered beings, curled up into balls as they fought whatever dope sickness they had gotten themselves into.

Evor would slowly stand from his stool as soon as Alina stepped out of the bar. His hands reached down to his belt, gently brushing over the hilt of his Lightsaber and adjusting his belt before pulling the cloak around him. He was new to this planet, and clearly was this unknown Sith, but she seemed to have far more of a purpose to be here than him. Perhaps it was an avenue worth exploring. Leather slapped against the rough concrete floor as he slowly followed after Alina.

He squinted his eyes slightly as he stepped out after her, the glare from the many neon lights catching his eyes. The scent of human filth and burned meat hit his nose, just the same as it did Alinas. He strode after her, softly calling out to her the moment he was close enough.

"A bit brazen, aren't we?"

sith-red.png

"Always."

Alina glanced briefly over her shoulder towards the one that had been following. A stranger, but not a threat, at least so far. She didn't slow her walk, seemingly unbothered by the scent. She wasn't bothered in the slightest. The more mortal races like humans and such did what they had to to survive. She didn't feel anything towards the people who amounted to food in her eyes. "You're quite brazen yourself, though, for just following me as you have. Is there something you need?"

Evor Evor

The ghost of a smile crept across the man's face as she more or less promptly ignored him, not a missed beat in her stride. She was partially right in that he wasn't really a threat, at least not yet to her. He was glad that his appearance had precisely the look he had intended, unassuming and inconspicuous. He had always found that people were more willing to trust you when you didn't look like you could kill them where they stood. They were easier to manipulate when when they thought they could manipulate you.

He chewed on his words for a moment, not sure if he was ready to play his hand yet. But he was feeling impatient, it had been quite some time since he had been in the game. He slowly reached out to Alina with the force. It was a gentle prod upon her mind, hardly violent or malicious but it would be felt nonetheless. As he did this he would speak again:

"Me? No, nothing I need," he says with a soft laugh. "Perhaps I should ask you your own question."

sith-red.png

"Oh I already know the answer to that, unless you're suggesting you've got something more that I haven't thought about?"

She kept a pleasant tone, even a kind looking smile, but the moment she felt the foreign influence on her mind her eyes hardened and turned fully to face the man. Her hands stayed clasped behind her back, but the once warm smile had taken a far colder tone as she used it to very much bare her fangs. "I certainly don't need someone rooting around in my head, though."

Evor Evor

He would almost immediately sever whatever connection had been established between the pair. His only lasting message was that of pain, but it was unclear what or who's pain, even to him. Was it his pain, or was it her own, or merely echoes of the idea of pain that filled the space between the two? It was not oppressive or painful, more a dull ache that lasted for but a moment before dissipating into nothing.

Good, he thought to himself as she turned on him, A short fuse.

A partially hidden face would contort further into a twisted smile, as if her hostility was little more than a game to him. In a sense it was. He had full, vainglorious confidence that he would not be bested by anyone upon this dingy planet. He trudged forward until he was mere inches from her should she let him. It was not the first time he had started into the maw of hatred, and surely it would not be his last.

"Brazen and hot-tempered," he would say, following up his words with a soft, condescending tsk tsk. It was not in his nature to be kind and well-mannered toward strangers, a trait that served him poorly especially now. "Perhaps you need my help more than you know."

A soft chuckle would escape his lips again before he brazenly offered out his hand to the woman to shake, "I am Evor. Or Darth Maleus if you prefer the snobbish customs."

sith-red.png

"Someone invading your mind is an attack. You should feel lucky I didn't just attack you on the principal of it." He was testing her. That was a mistake. She didn't take his hand, more narrowed her eyes as she looked him over. Sized him up fully, regardless of what he might say about it. "I'm being far more civilized than you deserve. Did your master teach you such poor manners?" He was Sith, that much was clear by the title of Darth alone. But he didn't smell strong enough to be a threat.

Not like the others had.

"State your intentions or leave. You've already worn out my patience."

Evor Evor

The man would snort softly, withdrawing his hand and running it calmly through his greasy long hair.

“He must have skipped the lesson on manners in lieu of far more important ones.” He continues on, feigning offense, “An attack?! Hardly. I was merely saying hello. It seems yours did not skip the lesson on theatrics.”

“Yes, yes. Patience,”
he says, before sighing somewhat dramatically himself. "Very well, I will help you. You could have just asked, it would have made this entire thing much easier. Lead on, let us find this Kresh and free whatever it is you seek from him."

sith-red.png

"I neither asked for your help, or require it." She kept her eyes narrowed on him, but eventually relented with a sigh. He wasn't a threat, yet. And having an ally here would certainly be an advantage. If he wasn't going to remain this frustrating. "Just don't get in my way." Was all it surmounted to. Alina turned on a heel, seeming uncaring whether or not he was following as she made her way to the warehouse.

And the auction within.

Evor Evor

A grin spread across Evors face as Alina quickly turned on her heels and began making her way to the warehouse. He did her a favor and stayed quiet for the entire trek there. The streets blended together, one dilapidated mess after another. Neon signs flickered idly, flashing between advertisements and wanted posters. It seemed that as the pair got closer to the docks that the sketchy behavior and scent of filth got stronger and stronger.

-

It was maybe 20 minutes of walking before the pair would see the warehouse in the distance. The charcoal brick warehouse blended into the next identical building, the exterior plaster crumbling on most. Holes riddled each building, the smaller of which certainly seemed to be from badly aimed blaster shots. The only distinguishing feature on each building was the holo-sign above each door. It was there, wedged between a bright pink flamingo that continued to dip his beak into a lush oasis, and a flaming rubber tire spinning for eternity as flecks of black flew to the rear lay Alina’s target. A large snake, burning white-hot stood defiantly against the matte black screen. It slithered in a rough circle, chasing its own tail, never quite catching it.

pub

The Ouroboros Trading Line

It was here that the duo would learn if their trek was in vain.

Before the sliding double door of the warehouse stood 3 guards, all clearly armed. Or was it thugs? The attitude was as obvious as the weapons strapped to them. They talked and laughed loudly amongst themselves, their clothes and gear unkempt and dirty. Their chest rigs did not sit right, doing nothing to protect the top of their torso from incoming blaster bolts. Years of beating up petty, would-be thieves boosted one's ego, especially when there were no straight-shooting lawmen to keep you in-line.

Evor looked toward Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , silently her shadow for the time being. He would do her the favor of at least letting her pick her own rules of engagement.

sith-red.png

"Mm. What do you think?"

He was a Sith, that much was clear. And so it likely meant he was wondering the same thing she was. How to handle the would be thugs here. Calmly? Subtly? A show of force to instill fear? The later could be useful, if it didn't trigger a full confrontation. Or at least if she knew just how many were within. She could smell that there were indeed living bodies deeper inside, but her senses couldn't tell just how many.

"Are you a fan of restraint?"

Evor Evor

A singular snort escaped from behind the veil of hair shrouding his face. He chewed on his lip for half a moment, thinking over the ramifications of every action they could take. There was no doubt in his mind that either one of them alone could easily dispatch of the thugs before them. Just a few quick swings of their blades or a quick flick of the hand would send the men to a certain doom. But his reason for being on the hell-hole of a planet were quite the opposite of Alina. He wanted their power, their money, their clout all for himself. Perhaps one day these men could be of use to him, however unlikely that was. Arcadia would be his, with or without them.

"That depends... Do you plan on paying a fair price for whatever it is you seek?"

Quick deaths meant they could not call for help. Unless they were expected to check in every so often.

"Maybe if you ask nicely they'll just let us through hoping Kresh can swindle us out of whatever he can. I'll follow your lead."

sith-red.png

"Do you pay a thief for what they've taken from you?"

That'd put it in enough perspective for her. They were hosting an auction to sell off the relics they'd stolen from her home. Her eyes narrowed further at the thought. Annoyance, anger. She raised a hand towards the guard as they approached and turned her wrist. His neck shattered before he even reached the ground. "I suppose that means I'm going to kill them all and remind others not to steal from me in the future. Unless you take issue with that?"

Evor Evor

The second guard stepped forward as his friend crumples into a pile on the floor, raising his wrist to his lips as he went to call for help perhaps a little too slowly. Evor stepped forward quickly, sending a wave of energy towards the man. His feet left the floor and his body slammed into the wall behind him with a sickening squelch before any words could escape from his lips.

"Then let us reclaim what is yours."

He darted forward toward the third guard, pulling a small vibro-knife from his waist. He was quickly upon the man, his blade finding its way into the mans neck, just below his jawbone, sending him to the floor alongside his friends. Evor pushed a button on the doorframe, the door sliding open with a clanky whoosh. The warehouse was full of hustle-and-bustle, workers carrying large boxes back and forth. There were many guards scattered throughout the large room, with some even up upon the rafters looking down on all that happened on the ground floor. Much like their now-deceased brethren outside they looked like a rag-tag bunch. Some of them up on the rafters had what looked to be a bit more high powered rifles, but most carried just a simple blaster and large knife.

Evor stood in the doorway and looked toward Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru . He jerked his head toward the door, motion for her to lead the way.

"Let us act quickly then."

sith-red.png

Confusion. Then rage. Alina could feel the influx of emotion as she joined Evor in the doorway, let her glow eyes fall over the rag tag group of thugs that had robbed from her. Or perhaps robbed from those who had robbed her. She didn't know all the specifics, but she did know one thing; further in she could feel it now. The door had blurred it, but now the artifact she was after blared like a beacon with it's presence.

Orange crackled from her hand towards one of the nearby trios as she extended her hand. She ripped their life right from them before igniting the red blade of her lightsaber with a smile. Death sent rage to panic as blaster fire began. Shouting, yelling. They were disorganized and already so afraid. The Sangnir jumped, haphazardly sprinting around the room as she brought her blade around in a crazed manner. Juyo, straight forward and aggressive.

"Don't bother keeping any alive!"

Evor Evor

The wind was beneath him in an instant, his body hurdling through the air as he leapt onto the balconies looking down upon the warehouse floor. Quickly he was met by the sound of incoming blaster fire, his lightsaber igniting instinctively to deflect the bolts away. One such deflection caught a guard on the opposite catwalk square in the chest, sending him to the floor.

Methodically he pressed forward, in many ways the antithesis to the rage filled Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru , doing what he could to draw the attention and ire of the guards up high. He has no dog in this fight, he was simply along for the ride. As he got closer to the first guard the man dropped his rifle and charged Evor with his bare hands. He was not a coward, he'd give him that. But he was definitely an idiot. He was quickly disposed of, a quick 'x' making short work of him. The rest however were much smarter, rifles were dropped for an assortment of vibro-weapons and batons.

He quickly glanced down onto the warehouse floor, taking in what he could before the next guard was upon him. It was at the end of the warehouse on the left that he spotted a much larger door than the one they had opened moments ago. Surely that was it, and with any luck this was all that Kresh could conjure.

"Down on the left!" He called out to Alina, keeping his message simple as he pressed forth.

Last edited:

sith-red.png

Her saber cleaved and battered people away, as if as if she was hitting them faster than her blade was cutting through. She moved too quick for them to shoot at, too wild and erratic for them to predict. Common thugs just weren't the type to stand against Sith. But she didn't want to just slaughter these thugs. She wanted what she came here for. Alina dipped under the one trying to sneak on her left, leaping for him to rip out their throat with her teeth before catching them by their neck with her free hand.

Anima flooded out from her grasp as a thick red cloud that flooded through the wound before she dropped the body and brought her blade to batter away a shot that had been volleyed towards her. Then the body rose. A ghoul, a byproduct of filling a corpse with Anima. "Feast."

It rushed it's former comrades, uncaring of the blaster fire that hit it as it leapt onto one. And feasted. Alina let more Anima spread, forming several more of the ghouls before turning her attention to the artifacts these thugs were protecting.

"How are you doing up there, Evor? Having fun?"

Evor Evor

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom