Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Nightmare before Lifeday

BX-Strip.png

Naboo
Ranch Lands
Confederacy of Independent Systems
The Confederacy of Independent Systems was home to a myriad of species - each unique in their own right - and there were even those that had seemingly been the subject of legends and superstitions when darker, less enlightened individuals held sway over the Galaxy. Some of those stories were just overactive imaginations and falsities - such as the myth that Vampires couldn't stand Garlic, or that Witches ate children, or that Silver killed werewolves. Each of these things - true or not - had some basis in reality at one point - though that was not the reason that she had sought to bring them all together. It wasn't to exchange legends and stories - save for perhaps the stories of a certain individual's capability of starting invasions when he couldn't keep his pants firmly secured. Either way - those were stories for another time - and that night was more to bring together certain individuals that would have otherwise never been in the same room otherwise, even in passing.
Wanting to ensure that their meeting would not be disturbed - discretion and distance were the key components. While she would have preferred to be closer to Theed, the small cottage in the Lake Country that she had secured once she settled on Naboo after the Confederacy moved its Capital to the planet, was too small for such a potentially large gathering. So, in its place, she'd secured a new location - albeit one that was located a good distance from the newly established Confederacy Capital in Theed. It was likely going to take some time for all of the guests to arrive - though those that arrived sooner would still have the chance to mingle and gossip with one another as they so desired. More often than not, Amelia usually kept to herself - however - in a bid to change and kind of strange image she may have had - with a more recent encounter deciding to call her the Queen of the Dead - it would suit her better to be a bit more open that night.
The list of guests could easily be seen as a rather esoteric one - consisting of an odd number of individuals - many of whom may or may not have already met in other situations. For her own part, Amelia had only heard of a few of these individuals in passing - be it written about in some report she was going over, or hushed whispers when she passed by citizens in Theed. Still, if any of those reports or rumors were true, then it appeared that it would be a rather enjoyable and productive night for each individual in their own right. Likewise, it couldn't hurt to have more friends in the Galaxy - or allies for that matter in the event that the Confederacy found itself in a rather difficult position. It was something that she didn't want to think about - however - also knew that it was a likely occurrence that they should all be prepared for given the recent removal of the Outer Planets Alliance on the Galactic Stage.
Now with the Confederacy turning its watchful eye and resources in securing those former holdings of the now-defunct Outer Planets Alliance, there was without a doubt, clear signs that others would soon be looking towards the Confederacy for their next meal as it were. There had already been one group that had managed to take bites out of the Confederacy - and those invasions still burned painfully in her mind. Ryloth and Rodia, still difficult to comprehend and come to terms with, in how a group of terrorists calling themselves the 'Agents of Chaos' managed to wrest control of systems from the Confederacy through terrorist activities was still mindboggling. Right now though was not the time to dwell upon such thoughts - which in turn saw the woman quickly pushing them to the back of her mind as she stepped outside of the large ranch house and onto the veranda.
Leaning forward, she braced herself against the railing - attempting to collect her thoughts and calm her mind before the others arrived - though also understanding that they would do so in their own time. It gave her moments to allow her mind to wander off, though she did her best to keep it corraled as she turned away from the railing. Pulling herself down into a nearby seat, she brushed her hands along her coat, smoothing out any wrinkles and preventing others from forming as she leaned back and let a sigh slip past her lips. Crossing one leg over the other, golden-yellow hues peered out along the road that leads up towards the large ranch house before they shifted away and fell upon the droid that stepped outside.
"Thank you, Kassara."
Amelia spoke as she then returned her attention towards the road - not focused upon the work that the droid was doing as it carefully set down a drinking vessel. In its other hand - one of many - it carried a decanter filled with a dark, sanguine ichor. The crystalline vessel let out a low popping noise as the stopper was pulled from the neck of the container - the sanguine liquid flowing slowly and at a steady pace as it filled the crystalline drinking vessel that rests upon a table next to the woman's current seat. Once the glass was full, her attention returned, shifting away from the blankness that had taken hold of it for a moment as her slender fingers slipped around the drinking vessel and brought it to her lips. Taking a slow sip, she smiled softly as she closed her eyes and savored the ichor within the glass before permitting it to rest upon the table again.
"Is everything ready?"
Amelia asked as she looked up at the droid companion she had grown accustomed to having around - a soft smile upon her lips revealing a hint of a fang. Kassara had been a constant in the last few months and since she had become the Grand Marshal of Naval Command - having the droid around helped a great deal when it came to dealing with the aspect of paperwork in her daily duties.
"Yes, Ma'am."
"Thank you, that'll be all for now Kassara."
The woman said before her attention once more shifted away, focusing back towards the road as her mind began to wander off as it had before. Slowly pulling herself up from her seat, she gingerly grasped the drinking vessel and carried it with her back towards the railing of the veranda. The woman carefully sitting down, she leaned her back up against one of the supporting pillars before one more bringing the glass to her lips. Golden-yellow hues peered over the rim of the glass, taking in the stars that danced vibrantly upon the night sky - not a single bright light from a city to ruin the exquisite show in the void above. A soft sigh slipped from her lips as she made herself comfortable, balancing upon the railing as she brought one leg to rest atop the other, both of her hands resting in her lap as she carefully cradled the glass in her hands - at times seemingly balancing it in her open palm before taking a firm grip of the base to prevent it from spilling.
All she could do now was just as she was doing - waiting patiently for the others to arrive. What they would speak of, or what the conversation would steer towards would be anyone's guess. Each of them came from a different place within the Confederacy - and each had their own respected responsibilities when it came to those positions. However, it seemed that the one thing that tied them together was the ever-present shadow of supernatural legends and myths that followed their species around. Surely had anyone else attended, they may see it as the start of a bad joke, or story - Witches, Vampires, and Werewolves - Oh, my! The thought brought a soft chuckle to her as she carefully took another sip of the sanguine ichor and waited, always watching as she remained upon her current perch.
Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Redd Redd | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner | Ulrich Ulrich | @Anyone I missed

Chaos NaNo: 1385

Ame.png

Stories of the vampire were as ancient as myth itself. From primeval times the primitive species of the galaxy knew the sanguine power of that oh so precious fluid that flowed through the veins of the living. I more so than most had taken an interest in the Wampir. In my quest to ascertain the occult truths lurking behind the myriad tales I had come up with a vexing jumble of information. For every fact that seemed to be corroborated by other credible accounts was contradicted by dozens more. Vampires could only subsist on blood, no they sustained themselves by draining force energy, it was actually grey matter that they nourished themselves with. Vampires could raise and command lesser dead , no they weren't even really dead in the first place.

Making sense of this wasn't going to work. It was clear that these denizens of the night existed. Given the sheer amount of evidence ranging from eye witness accounts to plenty of video footage on the holonet believing otherwise would be willful ignorance of the highest order. As a necromancer fledgling as I may be attaining a proper understanding of such a seminal topic in my field was highly important. My current working theory was that there were numerous breeds of vampire spread across the galaxy. It was the same with my kind, dragons. It was hypothesized by naturalists that the three major species of sentient dragon in the universe Kadri'Ra , Duinuogwuin and my own species Basiliskans shared a common ancestor and through the use of galactic travel had managed to spread themselves through the universe. Perhaps it was so for vampires.

Fortunately for me it would appear that one of the immortals had heard of my interest Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn an exceedingly important member of the confederation's military structure had done me the service of inviting me to a rather 'exclusive' dinner held at a residence in Naboo. While most might blanche at the thought of being invited to dinner by a vampire I was exceedingly eager to accept. It was after all a chance to learn from the most authoritative source of information regarding the elusive immortals : the immortals themselves. I had arrived via starship. Landing not far from the large manor house that was to serve as the meeting place.

The issue of what to wear to such an event was a tad difficult. As the vast majority of my species had been debased by the Mandalorian savages into the mindset of feral beasts Basiliskan high fashion or clothing in general had ceased being a galactic commodity centuries ago. As it was I had settled with an overcoat that covered my wings , top hat and a large golden cane with a pommel resembling the head of a krayt dragon, all custom made to fit my size. As I approached the front door of the facility I noted its extreme size. It was clear that either Amelia had planned ahead to accommodate the unusual circumstances of her guests notably myself or the stereotype of vampires being drawn to opulent grandeur was true.

As I approached the door I rapped on it with my free hand. If the butler that answered was at all surprised by the fact that his first guest of the evening was a 55 foot long dragon he manage to hide the fact impeccably.

"Does sir have an invitation for the evenings festivities?"

I did indeed. Reaching under the band of my hat I pulled an invitation out and presented it to him in my claws. In his hand the Invitation was nearly as big as his torso but again the concierge didn't batt an eyelid.

"Very good master Ulrich. I will take you to meet the lady Von Soren presently."

Nodding to the servant I trailed behind the butler eager to meet with the hostess of this event.

Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura | Redd Redd | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn

MhxKjxk.png

A doorway made of bone and black sinew appeared opposite that of Amelia's through which Ulrich passed. An unnecessarily loud bang of the clasp preceded the panel's sweeping departure from its frame. From the black that lay across its threshold emerged a pale woman adorned in red armor. Her steps carrier her between the realms and straight for the entryway of their vampiric host. Another bang sounded when the door snapped shut in her wake, and its very existence was erased once more.

Seeing as how the butler was occupied with a draconic guest, a spectral butler would take up their station. The translucent and faceless being drew open the doorway as the Nightmother approached. An arm cut across its midsection, the ghastly butler bowed as she entered the abode.

Presumptuous? Yes, the dead often were. As for the Witch that chose to tolerate such a grand gesture whether the hostess might approve or not, the invitation had been made. It seemed a trifle unnecessary to stand on the porch waiting on someone to answer the door. After all, she hadn't cut open the fabric of space within a few feet of the other woman -- that was a rather terrifying or jarring way to introduce one's self. Might result in someone taking a needlessly defensive posture.

Her glowing green gaze swept over the interior briefly as she continued forth. It should be an interesting occasion if nothing else. After all, Amelia had invited a very peculiar guest. One already not in good standing with the Witch that now resided under the same roof. How things might turn out might depend on the manner in which their first interaction began -- and more importantly how it ended.

Tag: Ulrich Ulrich | Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn | Redd Redd | Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner
YushaBot.png

Template By: Darth Metus (Guy)

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
WEARING: xxx
TAG: Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn | Ulrich Ulrich | Redd Redd | Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura

A gathering of those mythical and from the stories of legend? Gerwald smiled at the invitation. It was no secret the Confederacy housed many such creatures. Energy Vampire, Witches, Lupines, there even seemed to be a dragon among them at times. Gerwald had been raised to hide from the stories of his kind. Stewjon had crafted much lore in regards to the kind of creature he was to explain things that were rarely ever the actions of his family. The world he had discovered as the supposed origin of his species was a much different story. Most of what was said about the Lupines there had been true.​
Gerwald walked into the room where the others were gathering. It was an odd invitation, but one Gerwald could not resist. At least on of the faces was more familiar to him than others thus far. The wolf nodded to Vytal Noctura Vytal Noctura upon entry with a small greeting.​
"Nightmother," he said as he walked just past to her to greet their host.​
Amelia von Sorenn Amelia von Sorenn was not someone Gerwald could say that he knew well. Her reputation was well known, and Gerwald had seen the reports of her exploits in battle. To his recollection, this was their first time to meet in person beyond anything formal, or related to the Confederacy at large.​
"Thank you for the invitation. I am sure you have a delightful evening planned for all of us? Are we expecting others to come as well?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom