Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Night Out at the Tavern | 1st Beer Free at the bar sponsored by Shtööhb [Darkwire + Open]

As Tel Taro, chef:​

A little this. A little that. Sprinkle some of this. Arrange just so. Clean up the plate just a little. And... presto! One... what was it he was supposed to be making again? Oh well. What "it" was, "it" was gorgeous. Roasted cojayav and daro root carefully brined and cooked in citrus to render out the fat and, after draining, turning said fat and citrus mixture into a reduction with a little of this weird Shtööhb stuff and a touch of granulated starch to thicken into a glaze. Ooou! It looked and smelled so good he could just eat the whole thing u...

"Tel!"

The Ortolan jumped, startled from his mouth-watering desire by a sharp and somehow familiar voice. "Oou, Odri," he said, turning to see the girl standing there with her hands on her hips. When did she get here? Was she always there? "I was just about to have some of this thing I made! Want to share?"

"You were supposed to make cojayav wings for a client,"
the girl replied, hands still on hips.

Tel wasn't sure what hands-on-hips meant. And he certainly couldn't understand her tone or the look on her face. Why were humans so complicated? "I did. I think. Didn't I? Was that what I was supposed to do?" Tel looked around him at the mess he had made cooking. There was always a mess. He'd clean it up. He always cleaned up after himself. And ate the scraps, of course.

Odri shook her head. "You're lucky people are mostly here for the beer and not the food tonight. They'll all be drunk enough they probably can't even tell they're getting the wrong order." She took the plate from in front of the Ortolan chef, briefly sniffed it, smiled, and then placed it out of reach in the serving window. Tel started to prtest but Odri cut him off. "You're also lucky your food is so damn good or you'd have been fired a long time ago. Now help me with these orders!"

The girl ran off to tend something she was preparing on the grill. Next to her, the big Herglic Koop busted from one plate of food to the next, working like clockwork. Tel was momentarily mystified by the work of the big fish before feeling inspired to make something too. He looked at the datapad scrolling the couple of orders pending. Tasty. Tasty. Yep, that was tasty too. Oou! Yeah! An order of fried gapanga chips! That was what he would make next. He scrambled around grabbing ingredients.

First the fruit. Slice it up thin and even. Dredge in flour. Drop in the frier. Then the sauce. More fruit. Different fruit. What kind of fruit would go good with chips? Aren't the chips already a fruit? What about a vegetable sauce. Yeah! Sweet or hearty? Hmm. Well, I haven't eaten in fifteen minutes so I need an appetizer. Sweet gets the palate going. These Brekka beets are sweet. Blanche them to retain color. Boil to soften. Take out the chips and let them cool. So many! Oooou, those will be so tasty! Blend beets with some fresh mint and salt and a few other herbs to taste. Get it to the right consistency. Thin with a touch of sweetwater. Drizzle over chips and...

"Oou! Hi, Daiya Daiya !" Tel said as he finished off the plate and the young human girl rounded the corner into Tel's nook of the kitchen. "Look what I made! Why did I make this again? Ooou, don't they look so tasty? Want to share?"

From elsewhere in the kitchen, a shout came from Odri. Tel was too focused on the chips to notice. "Daiya! Make him put those in the window before he eats... whatever it is he made!"

Brie Jaxx Brie Jaxx

Should you want to interact with any of my NPCs, you are welcome to use them on your own. If you'd prefer the proprietor's spin on them, just send me a tag and I'll be happy to provide.

Last edited:
Yeah, the cravings were real tonight and they did not exactly subside by reading through the menu of The Blue Flame - from tasty appetizers to sweet desserts and quite the drink list actually. A drink list that her newly acquired friend Daiya seemed to know pretty much about, despite the girl being a year or two younger than herself. The rare occurance to share the night with a girl of equal age was also doing its thing to Brie, opening herself up more than usual. Actually, it was a first time now when she thought about it. The regular meetings with aliens wanting to by salvaged ship parts rarely traveled far on the fun-scale. It was just a job.

As Daiya presented the idea to visit the kitchen, what faint feeling of hesistation that started to build up in Brie, was quickly put out as Daiya continued to explain. Why would they sit here when they could get the goodies right from the source and see how it was made. Tel was it, then. Daiya seemed to be fond of him, maybe even as fond as she were of that dessert she was speaking of.

''Yeah, sure!'' she agreed merrily with a nod, and followed Daiya across the room, dodging the occasional waiter that hurried between tables to take orders and deliver masterfully crafted dishes.

A mixed scent of different spices and foods met them ss they entered through the doors of the kitchen. Surprise caught her as she saw the blue ortolan busy by a counter before he noticed them. An ortolan was one of the last species she had expected to be The Blue Flame's chef, still he shared the hue color of the places name. Well, maybe a gungan would have been more of a surprise. The ortolan knew his work, though. After tasting the brine eel earlier, there was no question about it.

Brie drew on a smile as the ortolan greeted them and instantly started to whizz, seemingly full of energy despite the clock were starting to ring desserts. His demeanor did fit very well from what you would expect from the otherwise fun looking ortolan species. Brie stepped forward and up beside Daiya and gave the ortolan a greeting wave, with the smile still persisting on her lips.

''Hi! We talked desserts out there, so... Daiya pulled me along... I'm Brie.'' she said slightly coyly and glanced at Daiya, the glance then being directed towards the other voice that filled the kitchen with an appeal to Tel. The small banter between the waiter and the ortolan, who seemed to be giving each dish one or two more tastings than he realy had to, made her giggle once.

Daiya Daiya Shenn Rosham Shenn Rosham

The smells of the kitchen assaulted the teen's nose before she even stepped inside. The girl grabbed Brie's hand, pulling it close to her back to guarantee the older girl was behind. She giggled as she went, a result of both the drink and euphoria of being away from Tawrro's prying eyes. Besides, she was thrilled to be talking to someone closer to her own age for once, and one that seemed to need help in having some fun tonight. Daiya was used to old spacers trying to teach her their ways, she wasn't going to pass up the chance to teach a new spacer her ways.

Inside the kitchen, the noise ratcheted way up, but it felt like a common din to Daiya's ears and she paid it no mind. It was easy to find Tel in the midst of the cacophony, he was always in the middle of the action. A dozen tools and implements were scattered about his workstation, a graphic peek into the Ortolan cook's cluttered mind no doubt. The girl grinned at the disarray, trying to find a place on the counters not covered by sharp tools or too much slimy food debris. Finding something that delighted her, close enough that she could watch Tel work, Daiya hopped up to perch on the counter edge as was her custom.

"What'cha making, Tel?" the girl asked, but the Ortolan was too engrossed in his work to answer. She craned her neck to spy what the blue chef was working on. Given his squat stature, the girl didn't have to strain too much to see. Tel was divvying up some Muja fruit and frying it, the sweet slices gaining a golden tinge as she watched them bubbling in the hot oil. The smell made her mouth water, and her eyes lost focus for a moment or two. The girl was already imagining what they would taste like, and she could almost feel the crunchy fruit melting in her mouth. A blur of movement caught the teen's unfocused gaze, however, and she caught Tel pouring some kind of sauce over the assembly of fried fruit and chips.

Her stomach gave a rumble, and Daiya jealously wished she was the customer that order was going to.

"Tel, can you—" she started, but Tel turned to her as if spotting her for the first time. To her delight, he actually offered a bite of the concoction to her too! She smiled warmly at the Ortolan, "Oh, of course I'll share with you. What do you call this one?"

As she reached for a piece of the fried fruit, hell-bent on fulfilling her imagination's desire, Odri's voice drifted across the din of kitchen clatter to smack her hand down. Inwardly, she scowled at the young woman, Odri was always bossing people around in the kitchen even though she was the most junior cook. Her smile became a smirk as Daiya's fingers snatched a piece from the plate and took a bite, "Oops, sorry Odri. Too late now," she muttered with her mouth half open, "the presentation's all messed up."

The teen wished she was close enough to see Odri roll her eyes and scoff, but just watching the kitchen's resident intern whirl away to another part of the kitchen was satisfaction enough.

Daiya took another bite, letting the rich, warm flavors of the fried Muja fruit wash over her tongue. The sauce was a bit tangy, and brought a contrast to the sweetness of the fruit and fried crust. The bite melted to pieces in her mouth, spreading its flavor over her tongue in a way that made the girl go, "Mmm, this is really good, Tel!"

The girl turned to Brie, breaking her piece in half to offer to the other girl. She was caught short by the young spacer's introduction, and a sheepish look crept over her face. "Oh yeah, sorry, I forgot to introduce you. Brie, this is Tel Taro. The best chef this side of Sakedo tower, and don't let anyone tell you different. Here, try a piece and you'll see what I mean!"

As they munched on the unnamed —Tel had never answered her question about what he'd created— dessert, Daiya swung her legs idly under the kitchen counter. Her boot heel hit the cabinets underneath sometimes, creating a satisfying thud that drew a glare from Odri a few times. The girl giggled at that, offering the dish toward Brie whenever she saw the other girl running out of food in her hand. "Where in the core worlds are you headed? After this, I mean. You said you were going there to sell the stuff you salvaged."

"If we're going to issue tax receipts in the amount of the going rate, issuance rules depend on where their home office is"

Damn right the Kubaz was: she may have compiled the Hoth enclave's financial statements for free, there was no issuance of such thing as a tax receipt that was acceptable to the TRA from it, presumably because Jend-ro believed her to live on Iokath. Also, she knew that an audit planning meeting with the staff assigned to the client, assuming that the client was not so risky that they should deny it, must occur beforehand. One thing was for sure: detection risk was low because of the objective of the audit, regardless of the inherent risk associated with war victim charities. The last variable left unresolved was the control risk and, once that was done, the audit program would then get underway. Yet, there won't be a whole lot of control testing no matter what happens, but audit standards requires a proper audit plan with appropriate work papers to document the process, along with the resulting program.

"That said, accounting is not easy to get a good deal, especially not an audit. I guess, having to issue tax receipts in the amount of the charge-out rates beats actually paying for these"

"Quotes require doing virtually all the planning. But then we will send you an engagement letter"

Isaac walked through the tavern door, smoothing down his navy-blue shirt as he surveyed the room. There was a young blonde woman and a freaky alien thing talking business over some drinks, and the young, partygoing crowd getting wasted as usual. This place looked like a mix of the exciting and the mundane, and Isaac liked it- Apart from the aliens, of course. He made his way to the bar, smiling as he made eye contact with the bartender. He hadn't been here before, so he figured he'd go with his usual and get drunker from there. As he gestured to the bartender, Isaac thought of the woman next to him. Having to do business in a bar would suck the life out of him; She could probably use a strong drink.

"Give me a shot of your best vodka, please." He smiled as he waited for the bartender's response. "And send a drink to the woman next to the big elephant thing."

Last edited:

159059829246330609.png

On his days off away from the temple and while not on a mission (which weren’t many) Lon loved to come to Denon and hit up a bar called the Blue Flame. There was something about the hustle and bustle of the place that made him feel more at ease then he usually would on the temple at Coruscant. People milling about daily their lives not having to think about the war that raged on around them. That wasn’t a luxury he could afford due to profession as a Jedi Knight. Often times he thought about the possibility of what if?

Tonight at the bar was no different especially since the Blue Flame had a promotion going on with the first beer on the house given how scarce resources would be to come by this would draw lots of attention . There was a Woman at the bar with an Ortolan, a man with a navy blue suit and dress pants drinking a shot of vodka.

Given the events of his most recent mission in the Outer Rim and dealing with the fallout with the Hutts he needed a chance to relax. Taking a seat at the bar stool Lon called over the bartender

“Can I get a beer please?”

Last edited:
"Give me a shot of your best vodka, please." Isaac smiled as he waited for the bartender's response. "And send a drink to the woman next to the big elephant thing."

"Did you just call me a big elephant thing? After all we went through on Kubindi, the Bryn'adul massacring us wholesale and indiscriminately, we survivors of the mass genocide ought to be treated with respect!" the Kubaz yelled in his direction, visibly intoxicated.

Ortolans and Kubaz were both races that could look like elephants to some, such as Isaac, but Ortolans were a lot smaller than Kubaz. Now that night was going to be much stranger to Griet, where some newcomer had the bartender send some strong drink, a tablespoon of an early vintage of Asobi 95% tihaar, with the bartender recognizing her from ads for early vintages of that drink, dating from years before Griet even became an accountant. Speaking of accounting, the Kubaz's engagement letter could wait, but engagement letters for audits only had a handful of details changed: most of that was client-specific information. In the world of professional services, such as law, consulting and, of course, accounting, engagement letters were documents that amounted to a service contract, usually with clear scope limitations, while usually avoiding the use of legal terminology as much as was feasible. Yet, after gulping a tablespoon of Asobi 95% tihaar, Griet began to give her impressions of the drink instead, without going into the detail of what made the Asobi 95% tihaar special to her.

"It could be a side effect of the drinks the Kubaz drank earlier, but he seems more anger-prone now. As for me, you gave me as strong a drink as you can get on the market"

R remiwhite1011

The kitchen were as busy as the restaurant area, but in a whole other way. Way more noisy, too. Here there was pots boiling, busy ovens, timers announcing that something was ready and in the middle of it; this Ortolan chef, who was that focused that he did not noticed their presence at first. Not even when Daiya jumped up on the counter next to him and tried to get a peak of what he was cooking! Brie knew it could be that way, though. When you were one houndred percent commited to something, the rest of the world could become shut out very easily. Just like when she had found and examined some rare part, or when she was tinkering with it to fix it up for sale.

Whatever Tel were cooking, the smell when he submerged the fruit into a fryer... delicious were a galactic understatement. The full scent from some sort of spice mix or frying paste were released and reached them. The fruit fried and bubbled busily and Tel lifted up a batch and then continued with another. Brie couldn't help but follow Daiya in mission to see what was going on exactly. Inadvertently and by pure instinct, she licked the lips some and wished with all her heart that they got to taste it.

As Daiya once again tried to make contact with the busy chef, he turned and looked at them with his deep black eyes, almost startled as if the two girls surprised him. Maybe they had, but what sweet-loving teen could resist the urge and need to find out where all these lovely scents came from?

Brie turned her attention towards the other, female chef who went by the name of Odri. Someone Daiya apparently liked to tease, with an answer that brought Brie to a light giggle and smile at Daiya.

Shifting weight to the other foot, she then and without even the fraction of a second thought, accepted the slice offered from Daiya. Not more than a quick glance and a short sniff were spent on it, well the sauce were dripping too, so it had to make a quick journey towards her tastebuds. Once it was in her mouth though, she didn't want to just chew it down without a thought of the taste. She simply couldn't either, her conscience said stop to do so. A slow, careful chew that explored the sweet creation was the only way to go. The light and tangy sauce mixed with the tasty spices, and then for the finale; the sweet juices from inside the fruit slice...

''Oh my... It's so good... This is so good...'' she said in between a chew, and wiped a side of her mouth with the back of her index finger. Just as a precaution, as it felt like she ran the risk to drool some.

''Mhm, that's right...'' she begun and nodded in confirmation, after being offered yet another slice of the delicious treat. ''Making a stop at Abregado-rae before going to Coruscant... At least... that's the plan.''

Daiya Daiya

As Cichei Drist, Bartender/Waitress/Helper-Extraordinaire:

No surprise, the bar area was starting to fill in with patrons and the bar itself was stacking, elbows bumping, and orders piling up faster than Meeno could handle. But Shenn was a seasoned manager. He had known that this was the likely result for the evening. The Muun bartender was the first line. Next up would be Cichei. And then, if things got out of hand, Cichei would pull Galaté or Puck or Shenn himself. They'd done this hundreds of times on hundreds of busy weekends, events or no. And tonight was no different. As the rhythm of the music grooved on, so too did Cichei churn through the rhythm of order after order.

Take order. Grab a snifter and a pint glass. Pull from tap 6 and 8. Take order. Pass snifter and pint. Grab Martini glass. Mix this and this and that. Take order. Shake martini and dispense. Grab a shot glass. Pass Martini glass. Grab vodka and pour. Take order. Pass...

Always changing, always moving, like the city of Denon changed, buildings rose and torn down, businesses opened and closed, neighborhoods setup and abandoned. The bar was the same, except compressed into an evening where the ever-morphing city changed over a period of days, week, months. Maybe that was why Cichei loved her job. It reminded the young Devaronian woman of her home.

The best part were the people. A few unsavory types came through, sure. But for the most part, the clientele of the Blue Flame were good folk. And the folks who returned were the best.

Her already present smile grew ever-so-slightly more at the sight of another regular. "Hey Lon! Good to see you! First one's on the house." She poured the draught as she took a few more orders, but she kept a part of her brain dedicated toward the familiar face. "Been awhile. Where've you been?"

159059829246330609.png

"I’ve been a bit all over the place lately” taking the draught from Cichei and giving them a kind smile. “I was on Ryloth dealing with diplomacy issues in Lessu, then had to deal the notorious Hutt empire” taking a swig of his drink before continuing. “lively bunch as always, you know the usual.”

Lon often told Cichei about his adventures throughout the galaxy whenever he stopped by the Blue Flame even though he wasn’t supposed to under Jedi protocol but he was off world so he thought why not let it slide it wasn’t like the bartender was going to say anything to anyone. They had worked through a lot so Lon knew he could trust the Munn, Cichei had been there when his master died when no one else seemed bothered to provide a listening ear.

The last time he had been here was months ago on business to get info on a particularly scandalous mission involving murder and the senate. Having a bartender for a friend had its perks. Having being around the circuit enough times Lon knew a thing or two about info gathering from Cichei with one thing in particular, the bartender was always listening So when Lon was on missions he would often come here when the traditional channels and his own contacts fell through.

Having someone who wasn’t embroiled in the politics and the bureaucracy of the order of was refreshing It often gave Lon inspiration on some perspective on situations that the order would consider blasphemous to their teachings but to his credit it helped him out of more than a few sticky situations when traditional diplomatic tactics failed.

Tag: Shenn Rosham Shenn Rosham

Last edited:
This was Felixs' first time on Denon. The corporate authorities always made him on edge but he had received a invitation to the Blue Flame this Friday night. Where it came from he wasn't sure but work had been slow recently and he could use the Creds. Worth the risk. He swaggered through the front doors of the Blue Flame his eyes surveying the busy bar room, looking around seeing the dining room looking over the bar floor he made his way towards it. Not having to check his weapons at the door made him feel a little more at ease.

He settled himself as ever heavily into a seat against the wall in the dining area, away from the busiest spots of the Blue Flame. He caught the eye of one of the servers. As they wander over, he gruffly says before they have a chance to speak, "Bring me a glass of your strongest whiskey and whatever your special is tonight the eel whatever it was called."

As he relaxed more into his seat he ensured that his hand was never to far from his Shattergun. Even when his whiskey was set in front of him he drank with his left rather than move his hand to far from his pistol. His eyes scanning, waiting to see what the night would bring.

Vexian wandered into the blue flame much as he had many times before. He hadn't noticed the hustle and bustle in the bar area when he had first walked in his head down and paying attention only to a technical readout on his data pad about an idea he had for a way to make the hyper drive on his x-wing smaller and there for have more room for other things. Half way to the dinning area he realized how busy it was and changed his direction to the kitchen. He would pick up food and leave. This many people made him nervous. His skin almost changed to a shade of red but he was able to suppress it and keep it green. He quickly slid the data pad into his overalls.

Damn I forgot to change before going out again., and wash my hands. Odri is going to give me hell for eating with hands like this.

"Knock knock," Vexian said as he entered the kitchen almost getting tumbled over by one of the wait staff."Odri, you here? Can I get something to go today?" Vexian asks in to the kitchen not being able to quite spot her. Spotting Tel though he stats moving in the direction. He notices the two teen human girls standing there and stops just short as one of them gobbles up something that looked delicious and smelled even better.

The girl grinned as her newfound friend tried the dish of —whatever it was Tel had made— and found it just as delicious as she knew it was. Tel was not the best conversationalist, and sometimes he seemed a little out of it. But the little blue guy could cook! Daiya took another chip from the dish, scraping it along the sauce to get the whole thing coated, before popping it into her mouth. The sensation of the food dissolving on her tongue was beyond any pleasure she could imagine, and it was even better to share it with someone else.

"Oh my stars, right? It's a-mazing!" Daiya beamed giddily, knocking her boots back against the underside of the counter some more. This was just a perfect day. She popped another chip in her mouth as she listened to Brie talk about where she was headed.

"Where's Abregado-rae?" she asked, squinting somewhere past Brie as if trying to make out an invisible map. The galaxy was full of planets, she'd only been to a handful, and probably only heard of a few dozen more. The teen envied her older friend, getting to adventure around the galaxy on her own, going wherever the jobs took her. Sometimes it got a little boring rolling around one little world, as big as Denon could be.

And her seldom excursions to the other Corpo worlds weren't quite as successful as they should have been.

"I've never been there. I don't really get offworld, except when Darkwire sends us places. They're..." Daiya's mouth twisted at the assessment, seeing all the different planets Darkwire's jobs had sent the girl to in her mind's eye. On Iphigin, she got caught in an awful shootout. The Belazuran mission had introduced her to that ugly Pool Boy, who messed up everything. And on Devaron...on Devaron she almost saw Tawrro go berserk. The breath nearly caught in her throat as the kitchen resolved again before her eyes. "I can't wait to get back home."

The girl felt her cheeks flush and giggled at the thought of what she'd just said, "Not that I wouldn't want to travel for real, you know? See the galaxy, see different people, maybe actually go to a beach!"

Daiya grinned, her giddiness returned, and took another of the fried fruit from the dessert. There wasn't much left to it at this point. That was good, her stomach was already feeling pretty full, even though she was sure she could eat this same thing for days! Maybe on a beach somewhere. "Have you ever been to a beach?"

Another voice called out as a tall Falleen entered the kitchen. Vexien! Daiya hadn't seen the crafty mechanic for a while, but he was another of Blue Flame's regulars. One who always seemed to be in the middle of something new. "Hey Vexien, did you ever get that last ship running?"

As Vexian approached Tal he realized that one of the two teens, the one sitting on the counter was Daiya, he relaxed a little seeing someone that he new always put him a little more at ease.

"Oh hello Daiya, how are you? I did, the X-wing with interceptor wings, ended up having to go down the pick and choose what you want road though, to many systems not enough power. Shield power or speed can't have both, well you can i guess but you have to cut the lasers then, but good luck going to hyperdrive at that point." Reaching to the plate with the yummy smelling and looking chips he picks up a couple and dips one and munch down on half of it. His skin rippling green and red as a look of shear enjoyment plays across his face well chewing and swallowing.

"Did you ever see that one or was it that mess of an eyeball with y-wings that you saw last? What a piece of garbage that was. Of course I got it flying for that monster of a Chiss. All superior I want the best this I want the best that, but fly's that thing and doesn't want to pay for the things he asks! I ended up peeling the under cockpit mounted cannons off it because he couldn't pay for repairs let alone the upgraded focusing lenses he wanted for those things. Hey do you know any one that might want em installed? I'm thinking about putting them onto an X-wing, but I am worried that they will draw to much power again...." Suddenly he would stop rambling and it would dawn on him what she was asking about.

"Ohhh you mean that project don't you, no it's not running at least not yet. I still haven't found the right power source. Need it to be a bigger reactor yet." His tone a little disappointed as he pops another one of the delicious chips into his mouth. Almost as an after thought he asks turning to the other teen, "Who might this be?"

As Odri Bleyn, chef:

Another order down. Odri could always count on Nam and Puck to push the specials. Keep pushing specials, things would work like clockwork. Get some eccentric order? That'd throw everything for a loop. Sure, Koop was manning his own three-quarters of the kitchen by himself, part prep, part grilltop, part oven, part assembly, part plating. And the Herglic did every task with practiced ease. So Koop'd handle the dining room mostly by himself and Odri could focus on the specials and the bar bites. She was getting good. Nowhere near as competent as Koop, but good enough where the whale-of-a-being didn't have to hover over her shoulder. Odri could handle things just fine. And doing the specials on repeat meant she fast-tracked her understanding of how they were made from start to finish. The culinary student started the night never having filleted an eel. She'd end the night knowing she'd never forget the technique.

And still, she was stressing out. Even with the dining room a little slow, Koop was having to swoop in and take more and more orders from Tel's station. The seasoned chef did so without complaint. The aloof Ortolan and the Herglic had been working together for a long time, and Koop was used to the blue fuzzball's antics. But still, Tel could pick up a little bit of the slack.

A Falleen man she recognized as Vexien Vexien walked into the kitchen space and shouted her name. He was a regular so his presence in the kitchen wasn't off-putting, even on a busy night. "Sure thing. One caraboose steak with all the fixings coming up!" Before she could start prep on the order though, Odri noticed Daiya Daiya and a friend blatantly eating the order that was supposed to go out to a patron. She left her station and stormed over to where the two girls were munching on... well, on whatever Tel had made. "Dang it, Daiya. Didn't I say to put the plate in the window? Tel, what... what even is this?" Fried fruit slices with a sauce? This wasn't even remotely on the menu for the evening. Where the kark did he even get the ingredients for all this? She wanted to be mad. She wanted Tel to do his job. But she also really wanted to try a bite. Odri grabbed a slice and dipped it into the sauce and took a tentative bite.

Delicious. Of course it was. Everything Tel made was inspired. The fuzzball was a savant. She made a mental note of all the ingredients to write down later and then snagged the plate away from all of the grabby hands. "You all want to help back here," she said to the lot of visitors. "Get Tel to make about 15 more of... whatever that was. You'll each get one on the house. In the meantime, I'll take this out." The portion had been ridiculous enough that there was plenty left on the plate for a full order. It might not have been the right order, but whoever got the concoction would be happy to receive such inspired brilliance. She grabbed a plate off her station that was also ready to serve. Might as well go out with hands full.

Odri briskly walked out of the galleyway, through the double doors and waited a moment for her eyes to adjust from the bright white lights of the kitchen to the dull mood lights of the bar. She walked over to the Devaronian woman chatting up Lon Vondon Lon Vondon to ask for direction. "Hey Lon, Cichei. Cichei, who's waiting on that order of fries." The lady bartender pointed to a man sitting a little ways down the bar. Odri brought the plate over to him.

"This ain't what I ordered," the man said, a little gruff and standoffish.

"And you'll be glad to have this instead, I promise." Odri gave the man a quick smile to make up for her too-bitter response and then just as quick, she turned and made to return to the kitchen before realizing she had another plate in her hands. The young woman pivoted again and made for the table listed on the tag. She set the plate in front of the man without really looking first. "Here you go!" she exclaimed, trying to be more upbeat and less ornery. Then Odri caught a glimpse of the man's hand very obviously resting on a pistol. A hasty "Ok, then, enjoy or whatever! Gotta go do kitchen stuff, bye" left her lips as she went in the opposite direction as fast as she could without blatantly running away, making for the comfortable chaos of her work station.

Never a dull night at the Blue Flame.

''It's on the way to Coruscant, which is further into the Core Worlds. Near Fondor system if you know where that is?'' she said in between the last chews of the heavenly snack she had just been offered to. With that casual try for an explanation where Abregado-rae were located, Brie sounded older than she realy was. She was no hardened smuggler or spacer, but she was more conversant with the galaxy than the standard seventeen-year old girl.

She listened to what Daiya said, to the point where the younger girl suddenly stopped and drifted away in thoughts. Brie stayed silent and still, resting her gaze upon and waited for her newfound friend to continue where she left off. They're...? They're what?

Instead of a continuation, Daiya mentioned something they seemed to share - a desire to go home. Well, maybe different sorts of desire. Daiya seemed to know her home and had something that awaited her, at least judging by how she said it. Brie pushed back slowly growing sadness inside her to the favour of her great curiosity. Before having time to ask, the younger girl continued and led on the conversation.

''A beach?'' she repeated the question, slightly caught off guard from staying in the earlier curious thoughts of her friends home.

''Yeah... I think so... It was a long time ago, though...'' she continued. Out of nowhere, the both girls were then interrupted as a falleen entered the kitchen in high spirits. A ship mechanic or engineer, judging by Daiyas greeting being a question to him. The falleen proved to be a rather chatterbox, as the answer that she got was more like a small holobook novel. That change in pace and content were evident in the conversation, making Brie remain at Daiyas side and picked up another one of the delicious treat, muncing on it as she listened to the falleens substantial comment. The plate would be eaten clean if the trio were left unguarded with it for a minute or two longer.

Those minutes never came, as Odri dropped in again and gave them all a small rollicking. A sad moan spread inside Brie as Odri abruptly grabbed the plate od 'edible gold' for the customer... or herself, was the feeling. A sigh left her before the falleen guy asked who she might have been. He gave a friendly impression, and as Daiya seemed fond of him, he probably was friendly.

''I'm Brie... friend of Daiya, or well... We've just met, so...'' she said while trying to search for exactly who she might be in all of this. At this place and at this particular night.

Daiya Daiya Shenn Rosham Shenn Rosham Vexien Vexien

Fondor? Daiya shook her head. Stellar geography really wasn't her strong suit. She shrugged, grinning at the spacer girl nonetheless. Brie seemed to be, young as she was, the type of being with lots of stories to tell, needing only the right prompt and environment to get started. The type of being she loved to listen to, and one of the reasons she frequented the Blue Flame so often. It was full of them, as if Shenn was a collector.

Considering what lengths Shenn often went to see his patrons comfortable, sometimes it seemed that way.

"Fondor? Tel, isn't that the place where Ultos was from?" the girl asked the Ortolan cook. He had worked for Shenn's tavern since forever, or so it seemed, and would probably remember the last bartender better. All Daiya really remembered of Ultos was that he liked to chew on little wooden sticks. She giggled at the memory, the man with crew-cut hair just chewing on a tiny little stick propped half out of his mouth.

"Huh?" the squat blue blob asked, looking back up from the stove again. If Daiya peered around his chubby form, she could just barely spy the newest dish the Ortolan was whipping up. "Who?"

Well, that was the right Tel answer, the girl nodded to herself. Daiya kicked her legs again as she chewed on her bite of the muja fruit, letting its savory sweetness play over her tongue as others talked. Brie about her visit to a beach, Vexian about his starship...starships. She hid a grin behind her swallow, the Falleen man sure did love to talk about his mechanical exploits. Truth be told, Daiya didn't understand most of what the reptilian man said, but he was so passionate about it that his retellings held her interest anyway, she found herself bobbing her head along with his words.

The Blue Flame really was like that, and Daiya loved it. It felt more like home than her family home had ever felt.

The girl sighed as she leaned back, enjoying her perfect day.

Or at least it was, until Odri snatched the plate of goodies out of her hands. Daiya frowned at having the reverie ripped away from her. "Hey!" she cried, but the young woman wasn't listening. Instead, she was berating Tel for his magical creation. The teen felt the heat of anger rising from her collar, and opened her mouth to defend her blue friend, but then she watched as Odri took a bite of the dish.

As the young woman came to realize just how amazing the dish was, the blonde-haired girl only felt bitterness. Both for losing the dessert herself, but also for Odri's disbelief of Tel's genius. Odri had worked in the kitchen for long enough by now, yet she still hada the audacity to doubt what Tel was doing! "Tel offered to share, you'd know that if you bothered to listen!"

It didn't matter with Odri, she was off in her own reality, already barking orders. As if Daiya, Brie and Vexien were her kitchen staff. As if this was her kitchen.

The girl sighed, jumping off the counter onto the floor of the kitchen again. It wasn't fair, she wasn't Odri's employee, and the kitchen lady certainly wasn't paying her. That didn't really change the fact that Odri had a point. Tel's dish was excellent, and it was worth sharing with the whole tavern tonight.

Especially to make up for that stars-awful Shtööhb.

"Hey Tel," she started, setting her hand on the fuzzball cook's shoulder. It took Tel a moment to find her again in that distant spot the Ortolan went to when he was cooking. Finally, when recognition settled in on those big, black eyes of his, the teen asked in her sweetest voice, "I really liked that dessert. How about we make more for the whole dining room tonight?"

"Ooou, more of it? You liked it that much?"

Daiya nodded fervently to the cook, a grin on her face for his sake. She was still annoyed by Odri's forcefulness, but not enough to dampen her spirits about Tel's culinary mastery. "Yeah, it was a-mazing Tel! Tell me what's in it, maybe I can help." She glanced off to the side where Brie still stood nearby, motioning toward the cook with her head, "Maybe Brie and I can help, too. If you tell us what to do."

"What to do? For the thing I made? Ooou, what did I put in that one? Ooou, we'll need more chips, for one, and then..."

As the Ortolan ambled away, starting to poke through cupboards and shelves, Daiya beckoned her new friend to come along, and gave Vexien a wink. "Looks like if you stick around, you could get your dinner free tonight."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom