Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New World

Header-BG.png

THE DARK MINE?

The Miner looked to Xobos with an arched brow as she spoke.

When the woman continued to speak there seemed to be some form of understanding coming from the Miner's facial expression. He glanced over to his men who only nodded in silent agreement to whatever the older miner had been musing on.

So it seemed the young lass had some sense of care for her people. The question on that was, could it be genuine? Ol' Legget gave her a moment of contemplation before clearing his throat, wrapping his lips around his pipe to deeply inhale another drag from the wooden clasp. After exhaling a small cloud of smoke, he coughed out a bit before squinting as some of the pipe smoke drifted into his eye. He made a low grumbling sound at Xobos' words before exhaling.

"Mine 13-Alpha. We think it had a large supply of Phrikite ore 'fore it got shut down. It was a smaller mine, but we couldn't get anybody to work da damn place."

That was when one of the older men growled out. "Chat d'ombre." Shadow Cats. This caused the older man to exhale out, shaking his head as his eyes turned down to the table below him. He gazed down for a solemn moment, taking another shallow hit from his pipe. "We found that mine almost two years ago. Scanners couldn't penetrate and analyse the minerals so we knew there were phrikite ore deposits...but what we found...Miles..." He glanced up, his eyes holding a certain weight. "Miles o' tunnels, filled with the ore. It was one of the greatest veins found in Dark Guard. So we tasked two hundred of the town's best. We wanted to pick that karkin' mine clean. Oh it would take years...but it would be good work and more pay than any of us had gotten in a long time."

He brought his pipe to his lips as he paused once before. "All went well for about two months. 'till we found somethin'. Somethin' restin' down in the deepest, coldest, part of the mine." He turned his eyes away from Xobos. They all did. None wanted to remember those days, those dark days.

"Two hundred of us went in."

"Sixty-two of us came out. Ya see. They thrive in the dark. They move like shadows an' fight like demons." He shook his head. "We fought- it didn't work, we hid- it didn't work, finally we did all we could do. Run. We ran so hard that most of us probably forgot why we were runnin' until we finally caught the light of day. We were miles underground. Those of us that made it out? We were the lucky ones." He said.

"They..." He grumbled emotionally. "They took a lot that day...an' we never got a chance to even the score." The man's voice had but the slightest break in his tone before his hard eyes looked to the Sieur. That was when this man, this living mountain rose from his seat, pulling the shirt from his back in one violent rip. His voice booming out at the young Sieur as he spoke. "Ya want us to work for ya? Ya want us to follow ya into Illyria's future?!" He tossed the cloth onto the table, his body showing a myriad of long-deep scars that crossed his massive chest.

"Then hunt an' kill every karkin' Maalraas in the Dark Mine!" He declared, crossing his arms over his chest defiantly. "Do that, then the Minin' Guild will recognize ya as our liege lord."

Bottom-BG.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom