Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New Start

It couldn't be said that Bryn hadn't put herself to try different things after breaking away from her former Sith master. One that essentially ruined her life. Of course, getting that woman to admit she had done anything wrong was something that would never happen. So Bryn had moved on and tried some new ventures. None of them had gone very well for the cyborg and now she sat lost once again.

This seemed to be an almost normal state for the not quite Sith. In fact, she wasn't quite anything and this was a problem for her. She needed a goal, a place to call home, and people that would accept her. Thinking she had found a place like this with a few various groups, only one had really meant anything to her. While she still had her connections and contacts with them, she had drifted away and wanted a new start.

Now she found herself wandering may be close to home...yet so far away. She had been reported as a missing child over six years ago. Identified not too long ago by a Jedi Padawan but then nothing had ever come of it. No word from her parents or anybody from her past...before she had been kidnapped by the Sith.

Taking a drink of the strongest spirit the station had, she put a card into the slot in front of her to perhaps win a fortune. Then again, more than likely she was going to end up losing the small number of credits she had set aside for this venture.

As she sat reminiscing on her past woes, she still had dreams for her future. If only she could have some luck for a change. Maybe something would happen tonight and things would improve for her. Watching the sparkling lights go steady, she cursed and put in another bid for another chance to win.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Last edited:
Alor of Clan Gred, Mando'ad'jetii
Mig slowly walked into The Wheel, having just finished hunting down a loose end from his clan's time as spacers and dealing with them. The one person he'd wished he turned away then. But it was over now. He would walk towards one of the bars, more for a bit to eat that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg than anything. As he walked up to the bar though, he could feel another Force user there. Couldn't really tell who they were, or anything like that, but he knew someone there was Force sensitive. With that though, Mig slowly sat at the bar, ordering some food before looking over at the person next to him. He noticed her eye, slightly bringing his hand up to his own left eye before finally removing his helmet to speak up.

"You seem to be thinking a lot for someone at a bar."

Bryn Celli Ddu Bryn Celli Ddu

Perhaps she was brooding too much and had drawn attention to herself or it could have just been the aura she had around herself. Either way, a man sat down next to her and started up a conversation. Another thought crossed her mind...could he be trying to hit on her? It would certainly be the first time that happened but Bryn did not think that was the case.

She had never set down the glass with her drink so took another sip of that and put it on the counter in front of her. Turning her focus away from the slot machine, she turned it to the unexpected conversationalist. Noticing he placed a helmet down, she tilted her head a little and looked at him with unmatched eyes.

One silver and the other brown. They shared something in common but with everything that happened in the Galaxy, it wasn't that uncommon. Attempting to relax a bit, she gave him half of a smile and nodded before picking up her drink again to have another gulp.

"That I am. Do similar woes bring you here? To try and change your lot in life and win a better future?"

With only part of her mind on the machine next to her, she hit the button again to try for a few additional credits. Anything would be better than what she had.

"I'm Bryn."

Just a simple introduction but an easy one.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig smiled a little at the woman's comment.

"Not quite. Dealing with some... past business that needed to be settled though." He watched the machine for a moment as he thought. The woman introduced herself as Bryn. Mig looked, getting a drink before answering her. "Mig," he simply said before continuing. "Not one to pry too much, but would this lot in life have anything to do with your eye?" There was a genuine intrigue in the Mandalorian's voice. When his clan started picking up many refugees and spacers while they were nomadic, he learned pretty quickly to get other people's stories. Naturally, he still had that knack for wanting to know a little more, and if he could somehow help.

The man mentioned a past business and Bryn couldn't help but frown a little at that. It was her past that kept haunting her and sort of what brought her here today. She wanted to change her future so she wasn't stuck as an assassin or worse. When he asked if the reason she was here had anything to do with her eye, she shrugged slightly and took a sip of her drink.

Turning her attention away from the game in front of her, she looked in his direction and nodded.

"In a way, I suppose it does. It happened so long ago, I hardly remember a time when I didn't have it."

Lifting her hand to touch her left cheek, she lowered it when she finished speaking. Her words were true and accurate but it really hadn't been too long ago. The cyborg just had no solid memory of her childhood and the loving family she had growing up.

"What about you?"

Normally, she was rather quiet and stoic. Maybe the drink loosened her tongue or maybe it was just how approachable Mig was. Either way, the question was out and the conversation started.

"What brought you here?"

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig looked at Bryn, nodding a little as he thought back to why he was there. He thought back to why he had flown all the way out to near the Wheel and sighed.

"Few years ago my clan was basically turned into a group of spacer to run from the Sith Empire. We picked up quite a few other refugees, spacers, and freed slave along the way too. Rag-tag nomadic fleet. Someone I trusted... He took credits from slavers to tell them our next destination, and used a scouting flight to run off. Took me this long to finally find him and pay him back for that...." He sighed, knowing how that might sound, but it was the truth. He then tapped near his left eye socket, thinking back a bit.

"And this, was a much older gift from a CIS soldier. Another clan gave me the eye to replace the lost one though." He stopped and looked at Bryn again though. He recognized the look she was giving. He'd seen it a lot, especially considering how volatile the galaxy had been in recent years. "Have to admit. You almost seem lost. Or at least you look like it."

The man said two words that haunted Bryn almost as much as anything. Those words were Sith Empire. One of them had made her the person she was today. Almost all of her is robotic internally but externally still quite human. His family and people had been put on the run and ended up betrayed by one of them.

"Life is never easy especially when you have people close. That's not something I've had. No family, no friends. It can get lonely."

Perhaps a small number of her reasons for being here were revealed to Mig. Even if the cyborg did not intend to tell him so much this soon.

"A spot of revenge never hurt a thing."

Gathering this from what he was saying, the former Sith had no real of knowing if her assumptions were correct. Though she felt she was. Following when he moved his finger to his eye, she nodded. Then he pointed out she was coming across as if she were lost.

Picking up her glass, she would take a sip before setting it back down.

"You are good. Life with its twists and turns has led me here. Somewhere is better than nowhere, but where I am going I have no clue. A guiding hand might come in handy. Are you offering one?"

Her real looked at him from head to toe and back up again. Rough around the edges but something real and not fake. She could get along with that if he felt like he could help her.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig listened carefully as Bryn spoke up, nodding at what she had to say before she explained her own journey there to an extent. she had already noted that she had no family or friends, but she had now ask if the Mandalorian was offering to be a guide. Mig thought for a moment, looking at the younger wonderer. She did seem to have a good head on her shoulders. He thought about his words before starting to speak up, and how to best say it.

"Well... if you don't mind hanging around an old Mando, I might be able to be to help. Can't guaranty it'll be easy though. Seems like you like a bit of a possible challenge though."

When Mig called himself old, she just lifted an eyebrow. Listening to the rest of his statement, she lowered it and nodded. Once again looking at him from head to toe and back, she kept her thoughts to herself for the moment.

"What kind of person are you to offer a stranger something like this?"

He did not come across as a Jedi but one never knew. If he was one and learned of her past, would he still be this open to offering her help? Giving voice to the thought she was quiet about a second ago...

"You don't really look that old...Mando."

Doing her best to smile, Bryn considered it might look more like a smirk or even worse a snarl. The tone of voice said it all though and there was nothing negative in that.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Mig chuckled a bit, pulling out a small holoprojector and tapping it.

"The kind of person willing to try and keep this hodge-podge together." What would be projected would be the entirety of the Gred Fleet before Clan Gred settled back down. Mig didn't know if Bryn would recognize the various warships, but the civilian ones, from couriers to freighters to repurposed slaver ships. A mix over various vessels filled various gaps, including a mobile shipyard it seemed. Mig looked back pointing to a few vessels. "When you're trying to keep away from the Sith, and have firepower, tends to be easier to keep folks safe. Attracts a lot of people too. By the end of it, only about half the people keeps ships running, even the big ones, weren't mando'ade. I'd still defend them like it though."

Then Bryn would note that Mig didn't look old. He could help but let a smile sneak across his lips. He wasn't one to act tough anyway. He looked at his glass for a second, giving it a swirl and a quick drink before finally answering.

"I guess all thinks considered it feels it. Was young for the responsibility I had thrown at me... been around longer than one buir (parent), and starting to feel close to passing the second. A lot has happened." He smiled somberly thinking about it. He hoped he was doing them proud. "But... the offer still stands."

Listening to his answer and noting his body language, Bryn knew her choice. Looking at the projected fleet, she recognized some kinds of ships and noticed most of them were civilian. He pointed out that it took firepower to keep people safe, and she nodded. In the same way, it took firepower to disable people. His comment indicated he still did not know she had been a part of the Sith, and Bryn hoped it would stay that way. At least for now. Who knew what the future held? Perhaps she would feel confident enough to come clean about her past someday.

Their drinks must have relaxed them both enough to be more open with each other and possibly closer than she thought she would be with another person. Finishing off her drink, she set the glass down at about the same time as Mig.

"I accept."

For better or worse, the cyborg felt like this man and his people could offer her a future and a place to call home.

Mig Gred Mig Gred

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom