Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Start

Gotislyn was tired. His funds were beginning to run low, and the odd jobs he took on simply weren't paying enough. Taking and holding a job in a single location seemed impossible to him, especially when most of his prospects were on Corusant. The memories seemed to be coming back more and more lately, probably a product of his stress. He had taken to drinking more lately, a vain attempt to supress the memories of all the horrible things had had done. That was what he was doing now, trying to get drunk in some Corusanti bar. He didn't bother to look at the people in the bar, for the most part. despite this, he kept feeling drawn to glance at a lone chiss, across the bar from him.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex had come back to corusant again. Somehow whenever he wanted a drink he was in GA space, not that it would matter anyway given the factions he was a part of. Quietly sitting at the bar enjoying a night off, something he doesn't get a lot anymore given he was now the minister of science for the CIS. "another one please my good man" he says to the bartender. Getting the drink he downs some, before remembering the last time he was in a bar and closed himself off from the force hiding his signature. There was no way he was going to be some sith lord's lighting pole again.
[member="Gotislyn Moltke"]

Gotislyn watched as the chiss drank down another drink. He wasn't feeling anything from him, not as he had before. Something was... different about this man. Gotislyn just couldn't put his finger on it. He continued drinking, watching to see if anything arose. His sword was at his side, per usual, just in case. The young man glanced around the bar, taking in the sight of two men growing increasingly liud in their argument, a few spectators, and around a dozen others, minding their own buisness.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Still sitting at the bar enjoying his drink. That was when he heard two men arguing and getting louder at that too. The bartender who was still near him growled, "Can't believe these two at it again." Rex looked at the barman "They fight often." "Often enough that it has become a problem for me." The barman replied. Rex nods, getting up and moving close to the two men. They were fighting about nonsense, he sighed, he didn't enjoy having to trick people often but he was going to try and get them to make up and stop fighting. Quietly using the force, he enters there minds and persuades them to rethink their actions and view things in a different light. As he returned to his seat the two men calmed down and began talking as if old friends. The bartender doesn't say anything but gives Rex another drink and nods. Rex begins drinking this new drink. He was enjoying this time off and nothing was going to stop him for now.

Gotislyn's eyes narrowed as he watched as the chiss walked towards the bickering men, and with a wave of his hand and a few words, they stopped fighting. He knew now, or at least had suspicions as to why he felt odd about the chiss. He had used a mind trick. Somehting that he had been taught long ago... though he was bad at it and always had been. His teacher hadn't been a good one. Gotislyn resolved to talk to him, the moment he got a chance. He kept his eye on the possible jedi, and continued to drink, slower now.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was still drinking and enjoying it until he hears a voice he hadn't heard since Ryloth
You are being watched stealthy Lylek
Remembering it as the spirit talking to him back on Ryloth. He says very quietly so no one can hear "Thank you Lylek spirit, my blades are always yours." Then moving towards the man on the other side of the bar, he sits next to him. "Want to tell me why you have been watching me my man?" He asks "If you want a fight, come back tomorrow, I am very much on a break." Then nods to the bartender for another two drinks one for himself and one for the man.

"A fight? No, I was simply interested in... other things..."
Gotislyn swore under his breath. He'd be talking to him, howefer this wasn't the introduction he wanted. Nevertheless, he continued talking.

"When I entered here, I kept feeling some strange force compeeling me towards you. About ten minutes ago that stopped. And just now, when you intervened before a fight could break out, you used a mind trick." Gotislyn leaned in "I want answers."

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Looking at the man as if he was mad. "I have no idea what you are talking about." Then writing down on a piece of paper "Meet me outside in 2 mins, I will explain everything." Passing it to the man and telling the bartender "I'll pay my tab now as well as a round on me my good man." As the crowd got excited he used the confusion to slip out. Now he would wait for the man to come and speak to him.

Gotislyn smiled to himself, and took one last drink. Why let a round go to waste? He had two minutes to spare anyway. Once he had finished with his drink, he stood and exited. He looked around breifly before going to the chiss again.

"Well then, what do you have to say?"
[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
"I would like to know, how you were able to sense me and how you knew I did a force trick on those men?" He asks looking at the man standing before him. Why was he bothering with this, because the spirit told you he was watching you and the spirits always have a reason he told himself Well it had better be good He told himself snappily Cause this was my weekend off

Gotislyn stood for a moment before answering. "To answer your second question, I recieved... some... training in the force, so I can recognize a mind trick. As for why I could sense you.. I do not know. As I said before, that stopped." What else did the Chiss want? Gotislyn wanted to ask the questions now
[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Ah that's how he knew okay and that would be why the spirit told him to. "Okay, very well, the reason he no longer felt me in the force is because I hid my signature, very useful trick when you are trying not to be discovered." "So if you've already had some training, then where, when and who with if you don't mind my question?" The spirit had told him about another force user, and feeling now, not very strong in the force yet. At least he didn't reek of the dark side like some did. Perhaps he could try to teach him or take him to his sensi. That could wait for now.

Gotislyn should have expected this. The chiss had asked about who had trained him. He took a deep breath before speaking. "My teacher was a cult leader. The lessons ended abruptly several years ago." That was all the chiss would need to know. That was all he would get anyway.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex was surprised by this but only said "Okay, I understand not wanting to speak on the past." And then finally "Well, what can I do for you anyways?" Making it quite clear he wasn't going to speak on his past either.

"I suppose its time I had a new start with the force. Previous experiences were.. less than good." Gotislyn had taken quite some itme before he came to this bar debating whether he wanted to do that. It would take him time to fully open his efforts to this, but he had made his mind. He wanted to learn the ways of the force, from someone who wasn't a cultist.

[member="Rex Taff"]

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex looked at the man again in disbelief, who was this man. He guessed he would learn later, "Very well then." Then thinking on it "I can't teach you by myself though, as I would most likely not be much better than a cultist." Then he said "But I do know someone who would help me, however we will have to go to astria to see her, if you are still willing." Then looking at the strange man he waits.

Ravenfire

King of Pumpkins
Rex looks down at his comm link "Actually change of plans my good man, we are instead going to Ryloth or Genosis." Then looking at the man "Looks like I will be teaching you myself, as my master is currently busy with other things." Then he waits for [member="Gotislyn Moltke"] to reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom