Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Start for Darren

As some of you have seen, Darren Shaw is now gone and replaced with this Aramir guy. Here is what I am doing.

I loved playing Darren. He was my baby. My pride in my first Master on these boards, as well as my first really powerful character. Sure he may have not been as powerful as other people here on the board, but he was clearly a Master in his right. As such, I played him for close to three years. *on and off* With a recent thread I have made a while back, I had Darren exposed as being stuck in the Netherworld. As though he had been taken, and never returned to the real world.

As such, he is escaping in the thread that I have, and will make a return. Only, he won't be quite the same. He has lost his memories because of the "Endless Maze" that was in the Netherworld event that nobody used. And from that, he became someone else, and will be in threads from now on trying to figure out who he is. And why he returned.

I am here to see what you guys think of this? How I might be best going through this, and any ideas you guys can give me. I will take All opinions into consideration. *except for clearly ones that are jokes* and will try to maybe incorporate them into the RPs in the future.

I will provide the links below if you would like to actually read the thread that I have started. Let me know what you think.

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/84236-death-is-only-the-beginning/

I like these kinds of character reboots, it breathes new life into them while making it easier for the writer to keep continuity of their character without having to worry about remembering every last detail in their history. I haven't looked too far into your "new" character, but I still notice the master force user tag. In my personal opinion, when a character loses their memories and other incredibly traumatic events occur, it makes more sense for them to at least drop in skill temporarily. Just my own thoughts for such a specific case, but maybe you've justified keeping that same level of skill.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
[member="Aramir Eldarion"]

I dig it. Having gone both directions on this kind of reimagining (same skill vs lower skill), I'd suggest keeping the rank you've earned, unless there's a compelling and substantive IC reason to go lower. And the best way to do that is just to keep the Master tag and RP his abilities are a lower level for a while.

[member="Braith Achlys"], [member="Ajira Cardei"], Thank you both for your input.

I had thought of making him a Knight and going from there to revamp him. However I also wanted to play a lower end character that wouldn't really be with a faction. So that would mean it would be harder for me to become promoted without some Master directly over me, and/or, joining a faction. And Honestly, I am not sure if I will be having him join any factions offically. Sure he might work with a few, but he won;t join them.

Anyways, with what Jon said, I would agree more towards, because he is only losing his memory of who he is. Not having his mind completely scrubbed clean. He knows he can use the force. He knows what he can do, but not his limits. IE more story development threads for me.

Anyways, thank you both once again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom