Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A New Life

Sorr Kortu

Socially Awkward Smuggler

Nightfall on the planet Ord Mantell which meant time to hit the Cantina, it was a full house tonight which meant Smugglers, Bounty Hunters and all of the sorts were to rest and relax while also forming connections, contracts or hits. A young man about 18 years old sat alone in the corner of the room trying not to get noticed. He ran away from his house and is trying to live life as a Smuggler nothing else mattered to Sorr, he just wanted the credits and be on his way, he reached for his Holoprojector that was located in his jacket pocket. His friend, Rory was supposed to contact Sorr about his very first job as soon as he fixed his ship of course. Taking a sip of Grog, the newly minted Smuggler sighed taking a look at the activity that had transpired the dance floor was filled with couples rubbing against each other dancing to the beat. Sorr wished he could join but sadly he didn't have a girl with him. He never dated before but he can imagine that traveling the galaxy as travelling across the galaxy can be a little lonely at times.

Vletti'azan'uosus Vletti'azan'uosus

Vletti'azan'uosus

Pop Singer, Damsel in Distress!!
Tags: Sorr Kortu Sorr Kortu

Ord Mantell was not the place Tiaza expected to take a break from her tour. Sap had kept a heavy schedule to start off, but seemed to take into account how much twenty shows over the last twenty-five days could take out of a person. So now Tiaza had a ten day break from performing. It was a blessing and a curse. She really did need to rest, but she loved performing so much that she missed it. And the rest turned out to be interrupted by her sister giving Hilal Vizsla Hilal Vizsla a new lead on where to find their father.

And of course since father escaped the destruction of Csilla, he was not only off the grid, but when a whisper of his existence came to be it was on planets with less than stellar reputations. Ord Mantell wasn’t the worst. At least the Hutts weren’t in control of the planet, but it wasn’t like being on Zeltros for a week. While Hilal met with Tiecia Tiecia Tiaza decided she wasn’t just going to sit in the hotel and watch the holonet.

Tiaza wasn’t sure exactly how famous she was at the moment. All of the places she played on tour were full, but they weren’t the biggest venues in the galaxy. Hilal told her to cover up if she left the hotel and gave her a cap to wear. Tiaza was pretty sure the hat had a tracker in it, but that really didn’t bother her. She also was pretty sure the Overlord was functional enough not to be sent to keep an eye on her.

The Chiss songstress didn’t let being tracked or protected affect her plans. She had asked the most upstanding looking concierge at the hotel where she might go to find a good drink and some good music and now she ended up at this cantina. She lowered the bill of her cap as she walked in. Eyes took in the crowd which was about what she expected. A few dancers that were probably paid by the cantina owner to get in the male clientele, but besides that mostly people that she suspected were on the wrong side of the law, if not here somewhere.

Tiaza ordered a
Photon Fizzle from the bartender and turned to face the dancefloor, leaning her back against the bar. Her foot started to tap along to the music. She was not a practiced dancer but obviously being a talented singer she knew rhythm. She had caught on to the rhythm of the song playing by the time her drink arrived. She sipped slowly for the thick straw that would allow the green orbs that made her drink so popular to pass into her mouth.

Now she wanted to dance. ‘Should I go out there solo? Or try to find a partner?’ Tiaza thought to herself. If she went out on her own there was a chance she’d pick up a partner in time. There was a good chance it would be someone less than desirable. So she decided on the latter. Surveying the patrons hoping someone would stick out, Tiaza found someone of interest. A young man looking longingly out at the dancefloor. He definitely didn’t look like the type that would try to take advantage of a young woman out of her element.

Taking one last sip of her drink Tiaza picked it up and carried over to the table the young man was sitting at. “You look like you want to dance,” she stated purposely not trying to sound too flirty. “I hope it’s not too forward for me to ask you. I don’t know anyone here, but I want to dance too.”

Sorr Kortu

"Where is he?" Sorr began to rock back and forth uncomfortably. Rory said he was going to arrive around 10 he should've arrived 30 minutes ago! Sorr hoped that Dad didn't come and take him away. The moment he graduated from School, Sorr decided to pack up and explore the galaxy. He didn't want to be a pawn for his Dad's little game of thrones especially now the Confederacy had inexplicably collapsed. Sorr wanted to be his own person, he wanted to be a great pilot but to his Dad, he was only a person to expand the family gene pool.

Sorr was about to take another sip when he heard a woman's voice talking to him. Asking him to dance with her? Wait a minute did he hear that correctly? A girl asking him to dance with her? This had to be a joke right? "Ummm," Sorr looked around for Rory, he was late so maybe he would understand if he decided to take a little break. "Of course!" The young man chuckled nervously standing up. "What's your name?" Sorr asked. "My name is Sorr!"

He didn't want the woman to know his last name. He didn't fully trust her despite looking beautiful.

Vletti'azan'uosus

The young man seemed to be taken off guard by Tiaza’s approach. That made her feel even better about her choice of partners. The quick look around the cantina was a bit of a shot to Tiaza’s confidence, but this was a meeting place. Maybe he was just making sure they wouldn’t be disturbed. He seemed a little hesitant. Shy?

Sorr, she had a name now to put with his face. One that seemed to get more comfortable when he decided that he did want a dance, and maybe when he finally looked at her. ‘Names? Karking hell. How many Tiazas could there possibly be in the galaxy. If someone hears my name they might figure out they know me.’

“You can call me Tia,” she purred with a smile. That was a common enough name. “My true name is long and doesn’t exactly roll off human tongues.” That much was complete truth. Chiss names always sounded better in Cheunh. Holding out her hand she let Sorr lead the way to the dancefloor.

Sorr Kortu

"Tia," Sorr said taking the young woman's hand while gulping. "I'm aware I've known Chiss since I was a kid." Did he say too much? Sorr definitely hoped that he didn't. But judging by the way Tia sounded it seemed that she wanted to hide as well. Her voice sounded lovely, alluring even without her trying. "Trying to find a place to hide?" Sorr said leading her to the dance floor.

"I'm trying to hide too," He continued making sure to sound vague but maybe chat up with a girl his age. It was full of dangerous men and women and Sorr finally felt like he belonged talking to this young woman. "How long have you've been in Ord Mantell?" Sorr whispered.

Vletti'azan'uosus

Tags:

Tiaza thought it was a bit weird that someone in this bar was familiar with Chiss. Sure there were more about the galaxy since the destruction of Csilla, but she didn't think many ended up here of all places.

The young Chiss woman blushed when he asked if she was hiding, and wondered if he had recognized her. When he told her he was hiding too it made her relax a little.

"I'm not sure that hiding is the right word," Tiaza replied to Sorr. "It isn't like someone is actually looking for me. I am just trying not to be noticed. This isn't my usual surroundings. I have only been here for a day. A friend of mine has business here."

Tiaza let Sorr lead into the dance. Though it was a cantina song not some slow dance at a noble ball so there was some degree of autonomy. "What about you? What are you doing here? Why are you hiding?" She did her best not to sound like an interrogator. She wasn't sure if she pulled it off. If the tone of her voice didn't put Sorr at ease she hoped the smile on her face would.

Sorr Kortu

Sorr knew some classic dance routines hopefully Tia would be fine with it. "Oh," Sorr sounded a little disappointed as part of him wondered or hoped that maybe they could be friends or even travel together like in the Smuggler stories that he read as a kid. "I see I'm not gonna press on who your friend is I mean this is a place of secrets you know?"

Just then Tia asked Sorr why he was hiding which caused to place his head down. What could he say to the Chiss? Clearly not much considering that many Chiss tend to be great agents. Sorr should be a little bit more cautious even if the young woman is pretty she could be a spy for the Imperials or something. "Dad knows some Moffs that could apprehend me," Sorr thought.

"Let's just say I had some family issues," Sorr said dancing with Tia slowly. "I want to be my own person and go on an adventure you know?"

Vletti'azan'uosus

Tiaza was a little confused that Sorr seemed upset that she was here with a friend. Well she wasn't really here with Hilal. She was here while Hilal did her thing.

"Family can certainly throw you for a loop," Tiaza responded. She had been through many loops with her own family.

Tiaza moved closer to Sorr brushing shoulders as she danced around him with a giggle. "Being yourself is very important. I am lucky, my parents let me be me. But that's probably because my sister was exactly like my mom."

She danced closer again, "So what is it you want to do? What does your family want for you?"

Sorr Kortu

Sorr gulped when Tia started to giggle, it seemed that every time she opened her mouth his entire felt like it was going to melt. It was as Tia was using some sort of Force Influence on him. "Trust no one," Sorr thought while he continued to gently hold on to Tia. "But this girl seems to be nice but looks pretty lonely."

"You're lucky indeed," Sorr whispered. "My Dad wants me to be something I'm not, I want to be a pilot and explore the galaxy. You know? Like one of those adventures."

The young man gave a small smile at Tia. "I just want some control in my life." He said. "Just me having a great time in the galaxy."

Vletti'azan'uosus

"Traveling all over the galaxy isn't as fun as the holos make it seem," Tiaza whispered as she danced close so that it she come speak into his ear making sure no one else could here what she said.

"Are you already a pilot?" She asked in curiosity. "Do you have a ship? Seems to me if you can fly and you have a ship there isn't much that your Dad can do to keep you on his track."

Tiaza danced a little closer, her arm wrapped around Sorr's waist and pulling their hips together. "Sometimes you just gotta take a chance in life or you won't know what you are capable of."

Sorr Kortu

"I've been top of my class when it came to the simulations," Sorr whispered in Tia's ear his tone of voice less fearful and more comfortable and prideful. "I was the president of the aeronautical club and was the assistant to the GADF engineers. I know a ship inside and out."

He smiled at Tia continuing to dance with her. "I want to be a pilot," he whispered. "The best in the galaxy and I'm running away so I can take that risk. Dad doesn't want me in the GADF like my Brother? Forget him, I'm making my own destiny."

Sorr took a deep breath leaning against the Chiss, it felt good saying all those things. However he felt dread that he probably said to much. "Is that why you don't want to be noticed?" Sorr whispered. "Is because you want to be yourself and take chances without being judged?"

Vletti'azan'uosus

“First in your class and President of GADF aeronautical club and assistant to the engineers,” Tiaza purred admiringly in Sorr’s ear. “So I am dancing with an overachiever huh?” she giggled. It was fun to let her hair down a bit. Even though technically her hair was up in a ponytail and tucked in a cap.

“Running away is a big step,” Tiaza said a little more seriously. “But you have to take steps. At our age is it really running away anyhow? I mean just because someone doesn’t want us to do something doesn’t mean that we have to follow their lead all the time.”

Tiaza gave a smirk, “I’m incognito because I…well I might be sorta famous.” She got her mouth really, really close to his ear. “You can keep my secret right?” Tiaza giggled and moved back a smidge. “So, did I put a wrench in your running away plans? I’m sure there are all sorts of other pretty girls in the galaxy waiting to meet you. I don’t want to stand in your way.”

Sorr Kortu

A dark blush formed on Sorr's cheeks as he looked down. "I did want to become an engineer if I couldn't past the tests to be a Pilot he said." I'm also top of my class in Quantum Physics and I did a project in which I built a mini translight engine." Sorr smiled. "It was pretty neato."

He realized that he uttered word: "Neato" and gulped. "Sorry for saying that," He said. "I shouldn't have embarrassed you like that."

The young man's eyes rose up when Tia told him that she was sorta famous. "Really?" He whispered. "Yeah of course! And if you can keep a secret, my family is pretty famous as well. Don't worry Tia you're the first pretty girl who talked to me I mean I wish we could like this forever."

Vletti'azan'uosus

"Well forever is a long time," Tiaza responded with a smile. "I mean, I think I am in pretty good shape, but I am sure my legs are going to get tired sooner or later and this song isn't even that fast."

The Chiss girl raised her hands up over her head and swayed her hips in rhythm to the music. "I am not going to lie and say handsome young men don't talk to me. But none are as smart or nice as you. And most try to grope me actually."

Tiaza danced a circle around Sorr before side stepping to dance in front of him facing the opposite direction. She leaned back into his chest and put her mouth as close to his ear as possible. "So what is your escape plan?"

Sorr Kortu

Sorr was so into the moment, he didn't realize that his legs were aching as if they were begging him to stop dancing. "Oh!" he chuckled holding on to Tia for a bit. "I got a little sidetracked I didn't notice how tired I was! I'm not used to all this dancing, even though I was part of the tap dancing team when I was kid."

It was one of many extra curriculars that his Dad made him go through. It was good thing that he did enjoy them though, but at the end of the day Sorr needed to be his own man. He is 18 for crying out loud! "They try to grope you?!" Sorr said shocked at what cruel men would try to harass a young girl like Tia. "That's awful! If my Dad saw someone trying to grope my sister, they'll be rotting in a Galactic Alliance cell."

Just then Tia pulled aside and whispered what his escape plan was. "Well," He started. "I'm going to meet my friend Rory for a Smuggling gig and then he'll provide with a ship."

Vletti'azan'uosus

Tiaza frowned at the question of her being groped. She didn't even know why she said anything about it. "The guy usually tried to be sly about it. Never amounts to much and my bodyguard shuts anything down pretty quick that crosses a line."

Tiaza smiled at Sorr's admission of sore legs. She was used to standing for long periods of time, but dancing was a lot more strenuous. She was starting to tire herself, but didn't want to admit it because of all the fun they were having.

"Since I think we both have been dancing more than we are used to why don't we go sit down?" She asked and led the way back to the table Sorr was sitting at. She took a sip of the drink she had left and sat down.

"I hear smuggling can be a tricky job," Tiaza stated more in question than judgement. "Is your friend some one you can trust? If you were waiting on him before we started dancing he is pretty late."

Sorr Kortu

"Tha's good," Sorr sat next to Tia leaning against the wall. "I never had a bodyguard especially at school my Dad told me if I ever get bullied, I need to fight back because it builds character."

He sighed. "Well that character building cost me a tooth once," Sorr said before staring at Tia. "Yeah Smuggling is all about connections at least that's what I've heard. I don't know where Rory is though," Sorr said checking his Holoprojector. "It's late already and I'm getting a little nervous."

Just then his Holoprojector beeped and Sorr pressed the button a rail thin man with red hair appeared smiling. "Hey kid," Rory said. "There's been a change of plans, meet me at Dock 94 we've been compromised and this is the closest place where we discuss matters."

"Compromised?" Sorr asked. "How?"

"Happens all the time kid," Rory said. "Now come on we're running out of time. "The Holo image dissipated before Sorr sighed. "Oh boy," he whispered. "Looks like it's time for me to go Tia."

Vletti'azan'uosus

Tiaza wasn’t surprised Sorr hadn’t had a bodyguard. It wasn’t like one was handed out to every teen in the galaxy. That his father thought fighting for himself was a little surprising since Sorr said his dad wouldn’t let him follow his own chosen course in life. But Tiaza wasn’t much familiar with either. In Chiss schools fighting amongst students was not permitted. And her course in life was never dictated, mom had Tiecia Tiecia to be her little follower and dad just wanted Tiaza to be happy. If Tiaza wasn’t trying to be a public figure there would be no need for her to have a bodyguard either.

A small giggle escaped Tiaza’s lips as she heard Sorr talk about losing a tooth in a fight once. It must have been when he was really young, or he had it replaced, the young Chiss did not remember a gap in Sorr’s handsome smile. When Sorr expressed his own concern about his partner being late Tiaza frowned. She was willing to assume she thought things in the smuggling game were more dangerous than they actually were, but now she actually worried she was beginning to like someone who wasn’t going to be around for long.

She tried to give Sorr some privacy during the holoprojector call, but that wasn’t all that possible. When Sorr said it was time to go, Tiaza frowned. “But you’ve been compromised. Are you sure that you are ok meeting your friend now?” She gave a deep sigh and gathered all the courage that she could. “I think I should walk with you to the dock. Just to make sure nothing happens. I can run and get help if it does.”

Sorr Kortu

Sorr shook his head his heart beating rapidly, was he going to do this? Was he really going to become a Smuggler? While the Smuggler has been portrayed as glorious in the many stories that he read as a kid and there were many heroes in history who were Smugglers most famously Han Solo, they were still criminals. Sorr never so much broke a rule at School let alone the law, he wasn't sure if he was ready to make that jump. "I don't know," Sorr said as he began to walk. "This is the first I'm going to take and once I take it."

He closed his eyes. "All aspects of the life I've had will be gone," Sorr said turning to Tia. "Life of adventure huh?" He chuckled before sighing. "It'll be nice to have emotional support as well." Sorr shrugged. "Thanks for coming with me Tia I appreciate it."

Vletti'azan'uosus

“Of course!” Tia exclaimed a little too enthusiastically when Sorr thanked her. She wasn’t going to let him go alone. There was no telling what was waiting for Sorr at Dock 94. Like Sorr, Tiaza had read stories of smugglers. Though almost all in the time since she had left Csilla. Smuggling was not something that Chiss society looked fondly upon. She knew that things got dangerous, and that smugglers were asked to transport things that weren’t good or safe. But she had an even more fantasy notion of smuggling than Sorr. On top of the biographies of people like Han Solo and Talon Karrde, Tiaza also had read a couple romance stories that centered around smugglers rescuing damsels in distress. It was a very fairy-tale life that she imagined.

“I’m getting better at making friends these days,” Tiaza admitted with a smile as they walked along towards the space docks. “I think we could be friends. And I would hate it if something happened to you because I let you charge off on your own.”

She gave a slight sigh as she considered what she was saying. Seemed like there were a few possibilities here; nothing bad happens and Sorr goes on his job and they never are in contact again, nothing bad happens and they exchange information and meet up at a later date when Sorr has discovered his way of life, or something bad happens and Tiaza gets thrown into this adventurous life in some manner. The first thought made Tiaza frown, the second got a weak smile, surprisingly the third got a bit of excitement from the young Chiss. Of course, that was because she didn’t imagine a case in which there was a group of thugs waiting with blasters to take them out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom