Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Era [Amaya]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Returning from Kwenn Station, the long way around was not without its purpose. Fiolette's hand drummed along the counter top of the Fleetwood's galley which was modeled to feel more like a grand kitchen than anything else. She wanted those who she employed to feel at ease and at home here, they were her personal staff. Like any Galidraani noble worth their salt she wanted the help to feel good about themselves and who they worked for. “Ma'am we've arrived on Naboo, requesting docking clearance now.”

“Thank you, Donnager.” The blonde acknowledged as she took the cup of caf into her hand and headed away from the kitchen and toward the lift. “Let Petrovsky know that I'm on my way up.”

Donnager, a rather large and heavy looking man from the back end of
Varundana placed a beefy hand on the ships internal comms. His voice seemed to bellow even into the lift, as
Fiolette watched the doors shut. “Forward Operations,” the voice-guided lift chirped with acknowledgment.

Fiolette would be meeting with [member="Amaya Cardei"] this morning. Amaya had recently placed her company, House Verd Hangar and Armory up for sale. It wasn't even a full twenty-four hours before the disgraced noble offered to purchase it. When the lift doors opened, Petrovsky's bubbly personality bounded for the former grand admiral. “We've been given clearance and Miss Cardei is waiting for you!”

“Good.” She acknowledged plainly bringing the cup of caf back to her lips as she nursed the light brown liquid. A hand in the air let the young man know to keep still until she had finished her cup. When it was empty she set it down on a table where it was grabbed by former Ensign Farrah now simply Mr. Farrah another one of her helpers.
Fiolette placed a hand into the pocket of her slacks while another curved around the edges of a datapad. “Tell her that I'm on my way, and forward coordinates to this pad please, Petrovsky.”

“On it!”

Amaya looked her braids and mused that they would have to suffice for now. Otherwise she'd have to reschedule the entire appointment with Miss Yvarro. “Are you sure you want to do this?” Tey asked her as he held their son, Isley the Younger in his arms. “You don't have to sell.”

She was in their home on Naboo and turned to face her spouse. She was surrounded by what would otherwise be considered a mundane and bland decoration. Truth was that she hadn't had time to really settle into the home left to her by her mother Ajira Cardei. The Mandalorian Shipwright turned Nabooian Noble had been too busy getting a solid foundation of how things worked here from both a member of House
Cardei's help and notes from [member="Jamie Pyne"] when time permitted (which was a rarity for both). The company her mother once owned needed to be tended to, and she just couldn't afford to split her attention. “I know,” she finally managed between a stressed sigh and slumped shoulders, “but this is for the best. I can give Theed Hangar proper attention and manage all the affairs my mother left behind.”

“You owe her nothing, my love, why do all of this?”

“Because clearly she didn't intend to die, or disappear she-” Amaya paused briefly to recollect herself moving away from her husband. An elegant dress so beautiful she swore it would make [member="Artemis Lux"] proud. “Because I am all that is left of the Cardei line, my father has many children to take the name Verd and to make it a great name. One to be feared and revered across the galaxy but my mother has no one else but me.” Amaya approached the door of their home and looked over her shoulder, “and I have every intention to bring honor and glory to her name, and to her legacy.”

Tey gave her a warm, reassuring smile, “then so be it my love. Isley and I will be here when you return, won't we? And now, let's see what uncle [member="Aedan Miles"] got you now.” Tey was sure it was something naughty and to encourage the young lad into the way of piracy. The toddler squirmed and reached out with needy hands to his mother. Amaya walked forward and placed a delicate kiss on his forehead, she informed him to behave for his father and then disappeared out the front door.

A speeder awaited her, “destination ma'am?”

“Here, there's a small courtyard market opposite of the palace. I'll be meeting with my contact there,” she told the driver and nothing more. Selling House Verd felt like selling part of herself and her Mandalorian Heritage with it. She knew that not to be true but it was still hard to feel otherwise.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette arrived in a suit and tie, a cream-colored suit with loafers to match but no tie. Not today, instead her blouse was open at the collar and her blonde hair glimmered in the Nabooian sun. “House Verd Hangar and Armory has three to four products. It was active at the time of the Mando'ade but fell silent afterward. The ships have been seen in the limited capacity so there is still a great chance that we'll be able to put our own stamp on them.”

“Thank you, Petrovsky. Patch me into Montague.”

He placed her on a brief hold, and while he worked to patch her through to Raleigh Montague she readjusted the earpiece and began to walk around the market. Amaya Cardei's photo sat on the screen of her pad. Fio glanced at it every few seconds committing the picture to memory. “Rae Montague, what do you need Admir- erm. Miss Yvarro?”

“Forwarding you the designs from a Mandalorian Shipwright. I'm purchasing the company today, and I need you to see where they can fit into the Mark II project and if the First Order can benefit from their design philosophy, Yvarro out.” She cut the call the moment she spotted someone who looked a bit like the photo she had just looked at. In the moment she had forgotten that Montague was still on duty with the First Order. Her focus shifted as she waded through the crowd, a call came back through, it was Montague. “Ma'am, I'll do what I can but I'm still rather busy… I had offered to join you when you left, but-”

The blonde stopped in her tracks, her eyes losing contact with the figure in motion. “Sorry.” Her response was rather curt but only as a defense rather than offensive. “I uh, right, no sorry I'll look at them when I hav-”

“But, I would be more than happy to accept your offer of employment,” Montague went on to say, which took the former grand admiral by surprise. “And before you tell me otherwise, I know that I could stay and work with the First Order, but then neither myself nor Kit could really… ever be, us?” A beat, “you know fraternization is against the rules and…”

Laughter erupted from theGalidraani but not to mock the woman but rather from jubilee of the revelation. “And I would be more than happy to count you among my staff, Miss Montague. Well done to the both of you then.”

“Thank you, ma'am. I'll have the information for you by the end of the day.”

“Good.”

[member="Amaya Cardei"]

Even on the best days, the Market was still crowded. Amaya had gotten rather used to sending someone down. Terrible she thought to herself, terrible on how easily she had become acquainted with this lifestyle. If someone had told her years ago that her mother was some hot-snobby-rich woman and not just an as-you-do Tarisian mechanic she would have laughed at them in their face. Now? Now it all made sense, Ajira Cardei could not afford in any shape or form to have a child.

Rather than abort, she gave the child up and kept her a secret. Only years later the child would resurface just as the galaxy had thought that the Cardei line was completely over. Itseemedunknowingly, Ajira would get the last say in the matter of her affairs. Or, as Ashin had put it so mildly, serendipity. Either way, Amaya was there now and as she walked across the market well within view of the palace. The noblewoman looked up and spent a moment or two trying to see if she could spot the Queen herself.

A futile activity but when she was done she turned and began to cross the Market. She too had committed to memory an image of her contact. A former grand admiral of the First Order which made the act of selling her company feel even more wrong. An Imperial getting her hand on Mandalorian ship designs? Maker help them all she thought, and then stopped and looked over her shoulder once more on the day. Amaya swore that someone was following her and when she took a few moments to survey her surroundings. Nothing. And then she continued to move through the crowd weaving this way and that.

“Miss Cardei.” An all too polite of a voice called, the accent sounded strikingly familiar to typical Imperials if not for the slant on certain letters. Amaya turned and produced a polite smile of her own and waved.

“Ah, Miss Yvarro there you are, a pleasure to meet you.”

“The pleasure is all mine.”

Fiolette Fortan

F
Eventually.

Fiolette would find Amaya, and before she called out Miss Cardei. The blonde took a moment to look at the dress. You could take the girl out of Mandalore but you could not take Mandalore out of the girl. It seemed Miss Cardei's dress spoke louder than the woman herself it was a plain, regal majestic purple deep with color accented with gold trims and complimented her complexion. “Miss Cardei.”

The Galidraani mustered as polite of a voice as she could, perhaps too much.

“Ah, MissYvarro there you are, a pleasure to meet you.”

“The pleasure is all mine,” she replied while extending a hand.

After a firm handshake, Fiolette stepped to walk shoulder to shoulder with Amaya. “Beautiful planet if I do say so myself, can't say that I've been here before, sadly.”

“Thank you and I'm sure you're welcomed to visit anytime.” There was an air of politeness, but at the same time, Fiolette could sense that the younger woman wanted to get straight down to business. Which was all fine with her, they could cut the drek and get it out of the way.

“I have credits ready to transfer once the paperwork is done,”
Fiolette stated without holding anything back. Suddenly the Nabooian noble's expression changed however brief. “Or if you like, we can do this elsewhere, I'm not in a hurry and I want to be sure that when we're done that I walk away with your company.”

Silence followed after that andFiolette walked with one hand behind her back and another out at her side. She wasn't shy about what she wanted and never would be, the sounds of the Market seemed to drown away their conversation which suited the
Galidraani just fine.

[member="Amaya Cardei"]

Amaya was silent, she knew Imperials to be forward but not so forward she had thought. “I see.” She finally said but honestly, the daughter of Isley Verd still wasn't as prepared as she thought she would be to simply sign over something she had created. “And I assure you, when we're done here you will walk away with it, but…” Her voice trailed as they took a turn around the Market walking back toward the Courtyard that led down to the Palace.

“But, I want to know why you're so interested and persistent might I add, on owning my company.” It was an honest question and a fair one at that. She held her hands behind her back, clasped in the same way she had seen Artemis walk back on Dxun when they had first met.
And in a similar quiet manner, she would watch this Yvarro and see how she spoke and the air of her statements. She supposed after giving her word she wouldn't go back on it, selling the company. But she could still give her blessing or withhold it, whether or not the Imperial cared was another story of course.

On her part
, Fiolette remained silent even after the question and turned her attention away from Amaya. Her azure gaze cast a thoughtful look at the beauty of the Nabooian architecture while she thought. The question asked she thought would be easy enough to answer but she decided then to not beat around the bush. “I need to diversify my stocks, to understand ship design beyond my own.” A pause as she stopped in her tracks and turned to face Amaya fully. “You have what I don't and I want it, so I've thus far bought it. My persistence is so that I secure what I want without having fear of others taking it from me, you see.”

Amaya nodded she could understand wanting to get an edge over competitors.
After all, any shipwright worth their salt had to have something to keep them in business. Otherwise, ships were a dime a dozen and in a galaxy littered with graveyards, scrapyards and other junk heaps… Well. It seemed just about anyone who was anyone could make and sell a ship. Then the conversation turned, as Fiolette complimented her work, a rarity in this industry given the pretentious behavior of most shipwrights.

You, my dear, posses that and more and I offer you now the opportunity to stay aboard and help refine your work.” The former grand admiral offered, “and I say that with honesty, as someone who has seen and developed talent.”

The noblewoman gracefully declined, “and I appreciate the offer but, I cannot. My mother's company and her house are more important than this, but thank you.”

A nod of understanding was what she received in return.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette stopped just before the long road to the Palace. To the very same spot where a celebratory parade had been held, one that celebrated the overthrow of the then CIS movement. She could almost hear the songs play, see it with her own eyes. “Such a historic view this is,” she started with and then drew her attention back to Amaya. She waited until Amaya's own brown orbs were looking back at her, and then continued, “do not mistake my eagerness for not understanding what's at stake here, Miss Cardei.”

“I understand completely, you've built House Verd Hangar and Armory and it's good work.” She took one step forward as if they were to walk to the palace but the guards would turn them around and that much
Fiolette knew, but for now. For now, the walk would be pleasant enough, “and I understand the need and your want to carry out family work.” Her cream colored jacket caught the gentle breeze between the sleeves. It was cool against her skin and felt nice, a wonderful contrast to the stale air of Kwenn Station. “Your company is in good hands, but I must tell you.”

Amaya stopped and looked at
Fiolette. “I have every intention of folding, every single operation. You must know this by now, and you must know that I will pull everything back to the Unknown Regions. I will combine what you have with mine. No longer will it just be Primo Victorian Shipwright, but simply, Primo Victorian an Independent Shipwright Company.”

“Mouthy, I know but I presume most will simply refer to it as Primo Victoria.” The Galidraani woman gestured forward so that the two could continue to walk. “Now you, wonder, why I am telling you this and it is because I have done my homework Miss Cardei. I know who your mother was, and what she owned and am asking you – if you do ascend to Theed Hangar. Keep me in mind, and invest in my company, your company.” Ours. She did not say, it need not be said, the other woman merely nodded and realized now what it was that the Imperial truly wanted.

[member="Amaya Cardei"]

“I'm not sure about Theed Hangar, lawyers are still sorting it all out, but I will definitely keep you in mind.” Amaya said with a polite tone, “now in order to finalize this deal I do believe we need to sign some paperwork.”

“That we do. ”
Fiolette acknowledged, “and I had a datapad with me but I believe I handed it off to one of my associates. Would you mind it if I asked them to bring it down?”

“Not at all,” Amaya answered. She stopped once more and this time managed to find a bench for the two sit at. “I currently have a contract with the Mandalorians, you know.”

The blonde nodded to the brunette and responded, “yes of course, but they'll have to renew that contract with me. I'll send them a letter of notice soon enough if you've not done it already.” She crossed her legs and looked over at the smaller woman. While she took out an
earpiece and placed it into her right ear and dialed into her ship. “Petrovsky? Yes, please send Farrah down with my pad, thank you.”

Amaya turned her attention away from
Fiolette for a moment and gazed back down at the Market. She watched the people walk to and from the various stalls and wondered for a moment what it would be like to go back to that simple life. And remembered that there hadn't quite been an in between it was either scrounging for food and work or having it all handed to her at once. “I'll send notice soon.” She said after a few minutes, and let her words hang in the air.

The sound of speeder traffic off to their right distracted her for a moment, and suddenly it felt tense but there needn't be a reason she supposed. All her work, her designs, even the Beskad's prototype print would be sold off. “I'd like to keep copies of
my designs if that's alright.”

“Of course,”
Fiolette answered with a smile, “and if things do work out with Theed, you'll be back to producing ships in no time.”

She nodded, there was truth in what the Imperial had said.

Fiolette Fortan

F
The silence was deafening but Fiolette was okay with it, she would be just as tense and nervous about the situation if she were in Miss Cardei's position. Instead, the blonde was ready to unveil a new company a combined company that was ready to compete outside of the First Order. Ready to show that it could do more than just an Imperial design. It could develop unique designs, and make vessels with specific jobs in mind or whatever the customer ordered she presumed.

Farrah would have to locate her and wading through the Market would be no easy task even for someone as dedicated as the former ensign. She watched the speeders pass by and sighed when each one seemed to be the same as the other.
Of course they were, she knewthat, she just – part of her had hoped that there would be some way for her to distinguish which one Farrah was in.

Then down in the Market, she could see a small young man. He walked rather hurriedly and as his figure became clearer, she smiled. “There he is, Mr. Farrah, come Amaya.” She unfolded from her seat with a delicate grace and walked. Her shadow danced across the ground, “Mr. Farrah this is Miss Cardei.”

“Oh hello, how do you do,” He said between ragged breaths, “I saw you straight away in your bright trousers and here is your pad, Miss
Yvarro.”

“Thank you, Farrah.”

Fiolette then with her pad in hand went through a few screens, her fingers danced across the top her facial expressions shifted. Focused on the task at hand, “ah here we go, contracts.” Taking a breath she exhaled, “so let me just dial up my lawyer, Charles Reseigh.” She handed the pad back to Farrah, “hold that a moment.”

[member="Amaya Cardei"]

Amaya waited until the lawyer was on the line.

“Miss Cardei by signing today you hereby give House Verd Hangar and Armory, and all of its assets, equities and properties including intellectual designs, and products toFiolette Yvarro of Primo Victorian Shipwright.” Mr. Reseigh took a moment and looked
between the two women, his holo was a bit grainy due to the distance but otherwise held. “You will be paid the amount agreed upon in previous negotiations, you also understand and acknowledge that you understand the terms of this deal and identify yourself as the person listed as the seller.”

“I do and yes I agree,” Amaya answered and took the stylus as handed to her by Farrah and signed it; Amaya Cardei.

“MissYvarro by signing today you will own all assets, equities, and properties including intellectual designs and products of House Verd Hangar and Armory. This also means you have agreed to paid Amaya Cardei of House Verd Hangar and Armory the predetermined amount as agreed upon in previous negotiations. This also means you understand and acknowledge the terms of his deal and this also means that you identify yourself as the person listed as the buyer.”

“Indeed, and I as well agree and understand.”

Farrah politely took the stylus from Amaya and handed it toFiolette who signed it;
Fiolette Yvarro.

“The funds will be transferred here momentarily, Miss Cardei and they shall be in your account as specified, the Royal Bank of Naboo – Cardei Trust.”

As he spoke, Amaya wished she wasn't of sound mind so she could have someone rush to her side and tell them to wait that she wasn't ready. And yet as she watched and listened, the woman knew it had already been done. Money wasn't everything and it wasn't what she wanted so she put it aside into a trust for her son, Isley Gratiir Verd-Cardei. It would be his starting funds for when he reached adulthood and it would be his to do what he wished.

“Thank you, Miss Cardei.”
Fiolette's voice broke through her thoughts.

“And thank you, MissYvarro.” Amaya held out her hand, Imperials seemed to enjoy the 'handshake.'

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette shook Amaya's hand and gave her a holocard. “If you ever need anything, let me know.”

“Of course.”

“Farrah, Mr. Reseigh.”
Fiolette closed out the communications with Mr. Reseigh and once more shook hands with Miss Cardei before leaving with her associate. She waited until the historic view of the Palace had faded until the Market was all but a distant roar. “Mr. Farrah send word to Miss Montague, to get started on the Hama, would you? Miss Var Nabba is not a woman you want to keep waiting.”

“Yes ma'am, right away.”

Farrah with the pad in hand began to do as his employer had instructed.

The blonde cast a glance over her shoulder feeling as if the eyes of Naboo were upon her, and perhaps they were. It mattered not anymore, she came, she saw and she conquered.
Fiolette walked away from Naboo the owner of House Verd Hangar and Armory. “Petrovsky, begin the disassembling of House Verd Hangar and Armory. Let the notices begin, we'll discuss severance packages in the morning. All production on hold until I can find new places to produce them and inform any and all Mandalorians who worked with this company that their contracts are no longer and they'll have to contact me for renegotiations.”

“Yes
,of course, ma'am! So proud of today! This is a great step for Primo Victoria!”

“Thank you, Petrovksy.
Yvarro out.”

Just as she had said, and just as she had promised. House Verd Hangar and Armory would be no longer, and she looked over at her associate and employee. As the two stepped onto a
speeder, and requested the port landing. “Farrah send the notices for the rebranding, would you? Primo Victoria is now an independent shipwright company, and make sure the First Order is aware that they'll have to file a new contract as well, new name.”

PrimoVictorianRed1.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom