Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Dawn (Siobhan)

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
@[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

“A sincere relief, I assure you,” Lord Malas replied. “Let us hope there is no need for any roofs to be broken on Kaeshana anytime soon.” His accent was a much better imitation of a core world accent than Siobhan’s, very precise and clipped.

Anya smiled. “I would like you both to be, what you would call, bridesmaids. I’ve balanced you with four Eldorai noblewomen. Despite all that’s happened, some of my compatriots still think Kaeshana can and should ‘go it alone’. A foolish sentiment.”

“Observe how well ‘going it alone’ went before her Majesty ascended,” Malas said loyally, taking Anya’s hand.

The Queen seemed to tense for a moment, then relaxed and nodded agreement.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

"If you try to isolate yourself from the Galaxy, it has a habit of knocking on your doorstep - and violently bludgeoning its way in. Even with this so called 'peace' there are many threats lurking out there, waiting for a chance." If you want peace, prepare for war. "And, yes, We would be glad to be your bridesmaids, as you were at our marriage. You've always been a very dear friend to both of us, Majesty. I look forward to it," Siobhan said with sincere fondness, sharing a look with Tegaea.

It was interesting, back when she had first joined Omega Pyre, she had been terribly jealous of Anya. Not only was the elf a total troll, she had also seemed so much closer to Tegaea. To a point where Siobhan, still trying to move on from her grief over Adril's death, yet developing feelings for Tegaea, saw her as a rival for the redhead's affection. However, over time she had become one of her best friends, in Siobhan's minds a member of the 'family'. If would not make their book club activities thoroughly inappropriate even for someone like Siobhan, Anya would be the trolling, knowing older sister.

The royals along with Siobhan and Tegaea were led into the dining room, where the large mahogany table gave sufficient room for all. From the balcony one had a brilliant view of the gleaming capital city of Santaissa, which despite all the modern innovations, the increased traffic and the pollution that increased industrialisation would bring, was still a beauty to behold.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya smiled at the compliment. “You both have always been my friends, especially when times are tough. You stood by me when I was nothing but a wandering vagabond, so I am most glad to reward you now it is in my power.”

They sat at the table where refreshments had been set out. “The diskali tournament will be starting on the day of the wedding. That’s a sort of ritual combat, but they don’t fight to the death any more, just until the other side submits. A lot more people like playing sports where the losers’ heads aren’t mounted on pikes at the end! Would you like to both attend?”

@[member="Anya Venari"]

You gave us plenty of incentive, Siobhan thought to herself. Like there that was thing that Anya did with her tongue. Alright, there had been serious reasons to have Anya as a friend that did not relate to book club activities! "You're too kind. I think we've both...helped each other a great deal."

Apparently the Eldorai had gladiators. One wondered whether in the old days the combatants had said, 'Hail, Star Queen, we who are about to die salute you!' "That's good. I've seen more than enough of my share of heads on pikes during the Bando Gora war," Siobhan responded.

Of course, Siobhan the Reaver Slayer would totally be the type to blind ninety-nine of every hundred captured Sith prisoners and let a one-eyed man in each unit lead them to the dark lord. Still at first there was a flicker of something on her face when he mentioned that the participants had fought to the death once. It brought back memories of her own time in the colosseum on her homeworld, after the Sith had departed. People killing each other for others' enjoyment just seemed...barbaric to her. But just as soon as it appeared it was gone. The modern variant seemed more fun to her. "Could be fun. Would you like to go watch, love?"

Tegaea Alcori

Back to Square One
"Sure, that sounds fun!"
Without her wife's upbringing, Tegaea rather liked boxing and other fighting sports. When she was younger she had taken part in events in the Republic military and freelance too. Then she had competed as 'Scarlet Fury', a name she was rather embarrassed about.
"I don't suppose you're allowed to bet on the results?" she asked hopefully.

"We do allow it these days. In the old days it used to be a duel watched only by the new Star Queen, but is now a much more public event. I'm sure I can get you some good odds," Anya said with a smile.

@[member="Tegaea Alcori"]

As the post made very clear, Siobhan's issue had not been with boxing and other fighting sports, which she liked a great deal. But with the time when people got killed for enjoyment in what was a thinly veiled imitation of Roman practices, given her own past. Contrary to what Tegaea's writer might think, she was not THAT whiny. Back in her Jedi days she had actually participated in more or less legal fight clubs in lower Coruscant, much to the annoyance of the Vrooks of the Order, but then pissing them off was a bonus. Way back on Nar Shaddaa it had also been a way for her to earn a few creds, though those fights had often gone less well for her!

For her part, Siobhan would think that 'Scarlet Fury' was totally adorable - and relentlessly troll her wifey about it should she ever find out! "That's great. Looks like fun to me. I wouldn't mind meeting some of the skilled fighters who prove themselves in the tournament when there's time for that. Always need to keep an eye open for talent, prowess and all that, don't you agree, love?" Yes, totally lookd out for talent and show your appreciation for their combat skills! She would not at all be lying on a cushioned couch eating grapes while a servant girl massaged her feet, picking out this or that fighter she would like to see up close later. Evidently Siobhan was taking to the life of a decadent aristo like a duck to water.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya just shook her head. She knew exactly what Siobhan meant. 'Meeting the talent' was probably a euphemism for admiring their toned ass. Siobhan would be Siobhan though.
"I'll see what can be done in that regard."
After some more light discussions she rose. "Malas, I have some private matters to discuss with them, do you mind if I catch up with you later at the palace?"

For his part Malas didn't seem to mind being dismissed for secret women's business. He probably wanted to get back to his friends. "Not at all, it was nice meet you both!" he said genially.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

To say that Siobhan would be admiring only their toned arse would be doing the Eldorai amazons a disservice. She would be appreciating their abs and ears as well. It was clear that Siobhan would be Siobhan though. Regardless Siobhan arose as it seemed the friendly Malas had no problem with leaving.

"Likewise. It was a pleasure to meet you, Lord. I look forward to the wedding," she said in a friendly tone and shook his hand. She thought about making a quip about how cute a couple they were, but then thought better of it! Perhaps she was not being in total troll mode for a change. The genial soon to be Consort was led out, leaving the Queen and her most loyal and devoted subjects alone to discuss...private womanly things. Like neo-classical Mandalorian poetry or diamonds, for those were a girl's best friends, as countless holosongs would have us believe.

"He does seems nice," Siobhan said, having apparently found that Malas was loyal and genial enough to meet her exacting femnazi standards.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
"He's very kind, understanding. I like him a lot," Anya said with a smile. "Which leads me to the next point. I hope you take no offence at this, for I love you both...but now I am Queen and indeed to be married, some things will have to change. I cannot be part of the Order or its meetings any-more. Were it to be discovered, the scandal would be too much, especially considering my sister's fate. I hope you both understand. I would like to see you of course, but I'm not going to be about to spend...well...recreational time with you any-more."
She seemed upset by this, but brightened up a little.
"But on the other hand, since my parents are now gone, would you two consent to being my children's godparents...when the time comes?"

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan seemed upset. A less selfish person - someone who unlike Siobhan did not think that everything was about herself - might have considered that the fact that Silaqui sleeping with her had been rather well known at court had been one of the reasons the dead Queen had been marked as a 'blood traitor', However, Siobhan was in many ways a petulant child with superpowers. Fortunately, she had not yet started randomly force choking Tegaea for no apparent reason like a certain whiny brat from a desert planet. Just almost killed her once for no apparent reason.

Nonetheless she kept herself from sulking, which might count as character development, though as is obvious the only development Siobhan had been experiencing was become the sort of decadent aristo she used to hate and be even more narcissistic than she had been in the past.

"I'm sorry to hear that and we'll miss you a lot, but I...understand. You're my best friend. Hell, you're part of the family to me," she flushed slightly at that, not sure how Anya would take it. "I'll look back at our time together fondly. You're certainly the still cutest space elf," she said, giving her a thin smile. She briefly gazed over at Tegaea and then back at Anya. "We'd be honoured to be your childrens' godparents, Any. It really means a lot."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya seemed relieved that Siobhan had taken it outwardly so well. After all, she had seen just how capricious Siobhan could be when she had a mind for it.
“And you two are still my favourite monkeighs,” she replied fondly. “Thank you both for everything.”

She seemed about to go, then stopped. “Oh, where’s your Jester? I got myself one, I think they’d get on quite well together!” she joked.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Siobhan was indeed rather capricious...and self-absorbed. Was it too much to ask that Anya continue sleeping with her and damn the consequences? One can imagine that during Siobhan's reign as Exarch Anya, who had been something like her chief aide then, had been forced to perform damage control on several occasions.

She was about to ask whether she would get a goodbye kiss at least when the Queen switched the topic. "Well, as in unite to eat all our food?" she joked. As if on cue an adorable ball of fur came rushing through the door, its beady eyes naturally shooting daggers at Tegaea for Grrbyrr and the 'red-mane' still did not get on, alas. For some reason he seemed to like Anya a lot more! << Starving! Need food. Please! <<

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII
Anya picked up Grrbyrr. "Aww, is the nasty human not feeding you enough?" she simpered. "Come to auntie Anya," she said, offering the Jester some little pellets.
<Like you!> Grrbyrr said. His loyalty was easily swayed by whoever had food.
"The key is to give them little bits of food often until they get bored or full. Give them a big meal and they'll gobble it down and still feel like they need to eat."

She gestured to her Angelii and the warrior left, returning with another Jester in a cage. Probably to the guard's relief she was masked so that she wouldn't be known as 'Chief Jester Carrier' by name!
"This is Nrrdyrr. She's a bit...uhh...bossy."
<Want out!> the Jester complained.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

"Thanks for telling...now." Anya could have told her that sooner! Doubtless her lack of knowledge had been a source of amusement to her!

Regardless, two Jesters in one place. Nothing could possibly go wrong! While they looked adorable and their telepathy could induce all sorts of happy feelings in their owner in those rare moments when they were sated, Jesters were actually a bit of a plague on Kaeshana. They got everywhere - even more than sand, which was coarse and got everywhere - and ate out entire kitchen and households, ruining entire families. Alas no one, not even the bravest heroine, would do something against the Jester plague.

Animal rights activist should love Kaeshana! "That doesn't make her ideal for a Star Queen at all," Siobhan said with a short smile. "If we leave them alone and they start breeding, the kitchen won't survive it."

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya just smiled that little smile she used when she’d scored points over Siobhan. It was a good natured game of one upping each other that had gone on for so long.
“About that, you better make sure your boy doesn’t get in with the ladies. Jesters breed like…like Gizka…so it’s best if you slip some contraceptive liquid in their food just in case.”

It didn’t seem this would be needed any time soon though as far as Nrrdyrr and Grrbyrr were concerned. When Grrbyrr had gone to investigate the other Jester she had given him a stern nip.
<Don’t like you!> she said snootily.

“She’s my sister’s really. I think you can see where she got her manners from.”

@[member="Anya Venari"]

Know-it all elves would annoy Siobhan...but Anya was just too cute. Even though she was forbidden fruit now. Doubtless Siobhan was internally grumbling about that. At least her favourite space elf had not turned cryptic, for Spencer Jacobs was not the only human who would not like cryptic elves!

"I'll keep it in mind." As much as she adored Grrbyrr, one Jester was more than enough high maintenance. For one he had the habit of interrupting her, how shall we put it, playtime! Fortunately Nrrdyrr seemed unwilling to accept him as suitable breeding stock!

"I've always found that Silaqui could be very sweet, if...motivated properly," she responded to Anya with an air of total innocence, not meaning anything by it at all.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya gave Siobhan a look. "I'll take your word for it," she said sourly. Weren't women supposed to be OK with someone sleeping with both their sister and them? Or was that only the 'special' vids Siobhan watched?

Anya picked up Nrrdyrr, and the Jester preened itself like it was the Queen, not her owner! Grrbyrr meanwhile had rumbled off to investigate what he thought were crumbs on the floor. He was already hungry again....

"So how's business?" Anya asked.

@[member="Anya Venari"]

That question had probably never entered Siobhan's mind. It was not like she ever thought things through...or particularly cared about what other people thought or felt. Well...presumably she cared about what Tegaea thought...mostly. Sometimes. Self-righteous narcissism sort of got in the way when it came to the whole noticing that the Galaxy did not revolve around you thing.

"Going well. We put a new battle tank in production - the Reaver-class. Mobile but quite well armoured, got a mass driver cannon to blast enemy armour to scrape, and a flamer to incinerate infantry - like the purying fire of Ashira," Siobhan said with a smile.

"Gonna be putting it on the market. Still working on setting up shop at the Mara Corridor. The first ground units of Firemane troopers have been deployed to provide security on the waystations, once our ships are done we'll start patrolling it in earnest," at that she shared a look with Tegaea. The frigates would definitely be called the Valora and the Thuella-class.

"We were thinking about expanding business to Atrisian space...but then they invaded Fondor...and ran away after getting their butt handed to them. Cater pursued them and...retreated for no reason after saying some nonsense about wanting to spare lives, so Fringe assumed direct control and all that." Her thoughts about the Lord Protector's actions were scathing to say the least and her words reflected that. The present Protectorate seemed all bark and no bite to her, while the Atrisians' claim to be the 'Galactic Empire' that wanted to annex them for their own good was comical, considering how they needed their former enemy to save them from the Republic's imperialism.

Anya Venari

Star Queen Tirathana VII

Anya sighed slightly. "I am content with Kaeshana. We all know from experience that running an Empire is not a simple matter, nor is it a straight line from A to B. There are many detours and snags along the way, and even if one of these states had the will to do what they wished there are always more problems then might be realised."

"Still, that's good news about the ships. The first squadrons of our fighters and bombers will be arriving next week. Plans are in place to build large warships and even civilian craft, and to develop a shipbuilding industry here on Kaeshana. We shall see...."

She stood. "If there's nothing more, I should get back to the palace."

@[member="Anya Venari"]

"Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown," Siobhan said solemnly. Doubtless she had picked the line up from Tegaea, since she was incapable of thinking of profound things to say and nothing she read would be considered 'literature' in cultured company.

"As riveting as conquering worlds was, I'm happy to be out of empire-building. Too many issues, to little time to acually settle down and enjoy the spoils without being afraid of someone stabbing you in the back as soon as you let down your guard. Even the Republic's 'unstoppable' Crusade machine has come to a halt after it was hyped as the one superpower. Overstretch and all that I guess.

That and they were debating what dominoing meant. Presumably she had not yet seen the holonews about a Sith returning and demanding his senate back again. But there were still Sith to hunt - those of quality, not the mindless hordes of Sith space orks - and as their enemy succumbed to complacency there would be an opportunity for them.

She got up as Anya arose. "It was good to see you again. Thanks for coming. So...do I get a hug, Your Majesty?" she asked hopefully. She had wanted to ask for a goodbye kiss, but figured she should not push it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom