Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a new beginning

Sofiaya didn't know what she was doing. She was supposed to be stealing information, but she didn't know anymore. She kinda wanted to stay. 'Why the kriff do you want to be a guardian, Sofi?' She angrily asked herself. Maybe she wasn't meant to be a lone wolf. Having a proper home would be... appealing but she could just get hurt again. Or maybe not? She didn't know why stepping into some space nomad place made her feel so... hopeful. She could feel the light side everywhere. It was a bit odd, but oddly nice. She decided to sit down, using her cybernetic eye to search for more information about these strange Jedi.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

As was the custom, members of the Assembly would meet with incoming initiates for orientation. While the Shadow was usually out in the field on assignment, she did enjoy helping out when she was back at the Rest.

Today it was only one, a young woman sitting by herself, eyes alert.

The Echani put on a large smile as she approached the woman, seeming to glide along the floor in her white robes with graceful steps?

"Hello, I'm Jyoti Nooran." she started, offering a hand to shake. "Are you here for the orientation?"

[member="Sofiaya Kaluchi"]

Sofiaya blinked to clear browser windows from her view, a bit startled by the woman that approached her.

"Oh, uh, hello ma'am," she said, shaking the Echani's hand. "I'm Sofiaya. Sofiaya Kaluchi."

No point in fake names, it isn't like she was well known. She tried to put on a smile and banish the waves of nervousness running through her. 'I can't believe I'm doing this,' she thought to herself.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

As she came closer to the woman, she noticed that she was kind of just staring off blankly into space. Upon closer inspection, she noticed the woman was also giving off electromagnetic radiation similar to a machine.

Those two things together hinted that she may just be a cyborg, but Jyoti didn't want to invade her privacy with a deep scan for comfirmation. However, if the woman was to scan her, she would see that Jyoti was a cyborg herself.

Her appearance started the woman out of whatever she had been doing, who then quickly introduced herself with a handshake.

"Sofiaya," she repeated slowly. "That's a pretty name. Welcome to the Silver Rest, I hope you didn't have too much trouble finding us here today. I take it from your arrival here, you're interested in studying with us."

She nodded, her lips turning up slightly at the compliment. She usually only got those from sleazy creeps that needed a good beating, or just people that wanted to manipulate her in general.

"Yes, and thank you," she responded.

It had been fairly easy to find the Order, actually. At first, she'd been told it was on Voss, but was quickly directed to Kashyyk. A bit of a hassle, but she didn't really mind. She tilted her head slightly and noticed that [member="Jyoti Nooran"] was studying her and banished any thoughts of bounty hunting. Another downside of being near Jedi; there was the Force.

"Very good," she said with an approving nod. "Then I suppose I'll be your guide today. Why don't we talk over some tea?"

The Echani waved for the younger woman to follow deeper into the temple, for the dining hall. It took a few minutes to get there, the main temple complex a massive affair designed to house thousands of Jedi.

They were in between lunch and dinner, so there was only a relatively few present. It was then an easy affair to walk up to serving line and make a special order for some tea.

"I like tea, but you can have whatever you like really," she explained. "The staff here can usually fix up whatever you like if they're not too busy, or you can go into the kitchens yourself."

Years Later:

The meeting between Jyoti and the prospective student had been a largely pleasant experience for the Echani, but ultimately Kaluchi declined to proceed with the training.

It was unfortunate, but that's how it went. You couldn't get them all.

However, before Kaluchi had left, Jyoti had made it known that the doors of the Silver Order were always open. Maybe the time wasn't right now, but it could be then. Only time would tell.

Sofiaya had spent 2 years doing bounties and earning prestige. She learned to stand up for herself, and started to become the person she wanted to be. She was 16 when she first killed someone directly. She felt guilty. Extremely guilty. But as her prices started increasing, she learned to stop caring. Mostly blocked off the force entirely.

Until, one day, she realized she didn't need to keep it up. That she didn't need to be hardened to be strong. This revelation led her back to the Silver Jedi, where she attempted to join once more, this time with honest intentions.

And here she was, seriously considering being a Jedi. Again. After 2 years of bounties, and satisfaction and learning how to be confident and stand proudly. 2 years that she honestly regretted. She'd always walked a fine line between light and dark, but those years she was definitely more dark. She was bolder now, although her eyes were still stormy. She flexed her new cybernetic hand and stepped into the Silver Rest, not knowing what to expect. Again.

[member="Jyoti Nooran"]

Some things changed in two years. Valae stepped down as Grandmaster, Jyoti rising to replace her. It had been the first peaceful transition since Thurion had stepped down, other Grandmasters abruptly ending their tenure or just disappearing altogether.

Jyoti didn't want to be Grandmaster, but that's what was needed of her now.

As a Jedi, she would oblige.

Other things hadn't changed, though. She still loved to hover around the visitor center, being one of the first faces that people saw when they arrived at the temple proper. Thousands had walked through those doors, and she knew most of their faces and names by heart.

While chatting with receptionists at the front desk, she looked over at the entrance after one of those familiar faces came through. The Echani straightened up from her leaning against the reception desk, then offered a small wave.

"Hello...Sofiaya wasn't it?"

"That's right." she said with a half smile. "And you're Jyoti?" Sofiaya asked.

She remembered the Echani from before. She'd seemed nice enough. Sofiaya almost wished she'd stayed. The Order seemed like a better home for her than anywhere else she'd been. She almost scanned Jyoti again, out of habit. She blinked. No deceptive techniques today. A couple things popped up, though. New Silver Jedi Grandmaster? Nice. She cleared that too.

She wondered if she'd even be welcome back. She hoped no one in the Order had heard of her, they'd never let her in. Sofiaya was pretty sure her online presence was confined to the dark holo-net, but she wasn't exactly sure.

"So, I'd like to join the order," she said "Properly this time."

Jyoti gave her a grin, clapping her hands together in excitement.

"I was hoping that you would return. I'm sure you will make a welcome addition to the Silver Order."

Despite feeling elation on her end, she could sense some tension from Kaluchi. It was much the first time they had met, troubles bubbling just under the surface. She wondered if it was related to her long absence.

"Now, the first step to joining the order is getting you a room."

She motioned for the blonde to join her in front of the reception desk, which took care of the first steps on inprocessing.

"I think it's been over two years now since we last crossed paths. How have you been? What made you come back?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom