Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A New Adventure (Seth and Auteme)

Seth was up late one evening. In a place where he would of last expected himself to be at. The library in Kashyyyk. Up late one night, doing studies. At least he would be doing studies. If he could find the books he was needing to access. Unfortunately, Seth wasn't one for academic endeavors. Despite.making a discovery of a new crystal. Seth did read once in awhile. Though usually only recreationally, or texts his mentor laid on him to read.

Seth's solution to his predicament? A clearly displeased expression rested upon his face. While he went from section to section. Pulling out books with the force. His sea green eyes analyzing the texts from beneath his dark hood. Flipping through them quickly and sending them back. By the third shelf he had a a true and tested method towards his speed searching. As books were flying back and forth through the air. Seth was pacing along, and it wasn't until he caught sense of another presence nearby that his attention was jolted.

Seth softly sighed and sent the current book he had back to it's place. Well, if he wasn't having much luck himself. He obviously needed to attempt a different approach. Seth sought out to pinpoint the location of the other individual. Reaching out with the force to seek out the other person's signature within it. To guide him along until he found them. From there how he would get there help, or what type of help he would even be seeking at that point. He wasn't truly sure.

It took him but a few seconds to navigate towards the individual. As Seth fixed his charcoal grey hooded robe, adjusted the angle of his hood, and was sure his grey pants were also in decent appearance. While not normally one to care about appearance this late at night. He also knew the importance of being presentable when meeting someone new.. And this person was indeed someone he never met before. As the signature they were giving off was foreign to Seth. "Excuse me.." Seth called out to the person. Just as he was rounding the last shelf to face them.

[member="Auteme Denko-Durren"]

if they're watching anyways
Auteme had very few bad habits, and even fewer she actually recognized as such. But she was feeling at least partly guilty as she wandered down to the library late that evening. She'd just finished the last of her readings of the Jedi Path (one for overview, second to take notes, third to remind herself of the best parts and proofread the notes) but she felt the night was still young. It wasn't, actually. Even so, Auteme wanted to continue reading.

It was as she was putting away the book back on its shelf -- not that it would be sorely missed at the library, they had an entire row with various printings and holorecords of the Jedi Path -- did she hear the voice of a person coming around the corner. She immediately turned to face the stranger, for a moment wondering how they'd known she was there before she remembered... Jedi. Another bad habit of hers; she needed to keep her senses focused to be more aware of her surroundings.

"Um, hello. Can I help you?" Her small hands slipped into the pockets of her jeans. Surely there'd be staff that could help him, even at this hour... though she was getting a weird feeling in the Force from him. And honestly she was a bit spooked by his vibe.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

She in turn was letting off a lot of nervous vibes to Seth. It was kind of awkward for Seth to find himself dealing with an empath to empath situation. He felt like he was looking at something through a microscope who in turn was looking up at him through a telescope. Though in another situation Seth could of capitalized off of this woman's unease. He wasn't truly here to traumatize her.

Seth as a result took a step back. Away from the individual just to create a little more space. Trying to get a guage of boundaries and the likes. Seth also took a breath to try and settle his nerves some more. He didn't feel inclined to supress his emotions and force signature. As that could be perceived the wrong way at this point.

"My name is Seth Brackson." He began off with an introduction. "I was hoping you would be willing to help me out with gathering some information. I understand you're not by any means obligated to do so, though it would be appreciated. Libraries are not exactly places I visit too often. I might need to re-evaluate that at some point." He said and smiled some beneath his hood. Whether the shadow of his hood concealed that feature or not he guessed fell down to how keen her eyesight was.

Seth glanced around at the shelves. Trying to pick up some of the titles. To see if he could draw a sense to what she was doing in this region of the library. Especially, at this time of night. He'd inquire about that matter soon enough.

That weird feeling was honestly annoying her a ton right now. His choice to step away -- they weren't even standing that close. She felt a little tug in the back of her mind that told her this guy probably had the ability to mess around with her head. When he spoke it didn't help that much either considering he was still mostly hiding under the hood of his robe. Why would he feel the need to wear a hood inside? She was a little put off.

Still, she answered his request, despite being a little unsure as to why he'd chosen to ask her. "Well, you could always ask the librarian... I don't know if any of them are up right now, but..." She gave a small shrug. "What are you looking for? I'm sure I can direct you to the right section." Auteme knew this place inside and out by now. The fact that she was in the section dedicated largely to beginners reading the Jedi Path was misleading -- give her a few more weeks and she'd likely be more well-read than the librarians.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth was unsure how to provide means to ease the mind of the other. Any more so than he had already done so at this point. At least for the current moment. As for why he wore a hood. That was his own personal preference, and considering his mentor worked as a shadow within the order. It wasn't much of a surprise Seth was receiving similar training in those regards. Luckily his mentor was open to Seth finding his own path, and that might change down the road. Especially, considering some of the goals Seth had designated for himself. In fact that was sort of why he was at this library so late in the first place.

Seth closed his eyes and focused as he reached out with the force. Signs of life.. Signs of life. Seth shook his head a little bit. "I'm afraid to inform you, it seems the librarians are not around. You do realize how late it is don't you?" Seth asked curiously. While he went back to watching Auteme. The books around them suggested she was rather new to the order. Seth was doubtful of that though. She seemed to be only a few years younger, and was too well composed. Despite the nervousness that was present. He couldn't fault her for it though. Caution was wise to hold onto if one wanted to continue surviving. Though sometimes there was such thing as too cautious, paranoid was the term.

She did agree however to aid him to finding the text. Which he was seeking knowledge about. "I need a book, or set of books, which can provide me information about the Vylmir system. As well as some information about the flora and fauna of those planetary systems. I intend to go out and find myself an animal companion." Seth explained to the girl. Who despite Seth introducing himself, still had yet to introduce herself. Which, if anyone should draw some level of concern, Seth felt that was warrant enough to reach some conclusions.

"Well, I..." The teenager paused for a moment as it dawned on her that maybe staying up so late wasn't the best idea. The girl's hand went up and scratched the back of her head, and she looked down at the floor momentarily as if embarrassed. "I get lost in the reading sometimes. That's all." Nothing wrong with that in the end; with all she was learning it was worth losing a few hours of sleep. Well, mostly. She didn't mind helping people, of course, but it was a rather odd request that he'd given her, so perhaps she'd avoid these late night book-hunting outings.

Auteme tapped her chin as she stepped over towards Seth, exiting the little hallway in between the shelves of books. The issue was he was effectively requesting several different sections at once. Galactic charts had their own section, as well as system information and records of flora and fauna. It only took her a few moments to find the route to all the information they'd need, but it still left many questions in her mind about the other late-night researcher. "Do you have your own ship to get there? And... why would you need a pet?" She knew that connections between beasts and Jedi could be formed; she'd read a few texts on instances of such. But it had never appeared to be out of a personal want for such a thing -- Auteme didn't go out to make friends specifically, it tended to just happen. And searching all across the galaxy seemed like a bit of a hassle... why he needed her help with finding information about this was beyond her, considering he appeared to already know what he wanted with a specific location already in mind, and clearly tuned senses in the Force. But for now she'd oblige.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Seth had to silently approve of her choice of words. The portion where she defended her loss of time. With her desire to read. In truth if Seth found himself amused by an activity he'd likely be in the same boat as Auteme was at the current moment. So, without much question he began to follow where she lead.

Seth listened as she began poking him with questions. Well, wasn't she the curious sort when not being evasive. He wasn't sure how fond he was at the notion she was poking personal questions at him. Especially, since he'd still yet to even get her name. Though he figured an appropriate and polite way to handle this was as followed.

"I've always had means of getting what I needed, when I needed it." Seth spoke in a calm tone. He walked alongside her a few more paces. "As for why an animal companion. I technically already have some. Though the matter of the situation is. I sometimes feel more at home around animals. Than I do other's. Sometimes. Plus, it provides a unique opportunity to invest time into learning from another creature." Seth expressed. While he walked along beside her.

"You know.. I've yet to really get a name from you, or a preferred title at the very least." He expressed. While he looked about the shelves of books as they passed them. Seth began to fidget with his fingers. As a means to just let off a little bit if nerves.

Woah. That little comment could be taken in a beyond creepy way. Auteme had been taught that there were some terribly coercive people out there, and she couldn't help but imagine that someone equipped with the Force could do some terrible things to a lot of people... well, in a way that didn't involve setting up an Empire and attempting to conquer the galaxy. She sensed that Seth hadn't meant it in that way, but she couldn't help but shiver when he talked about getting what he needed. "So you... need a pet?"

The teenager moved about the library as she listened to him speak, eventually arriving in the Galactic information section. Simple descriptors of systems and planets, detailed accounts of cosmic anomalies, and galactic maps were found here. Auteme hadn't spent as much time here as elsewhere in the library -- her studies were currently comprised of books on the Force and accounts of famous Force users. Now might be a good time to look into it a little more; this was the kind of knowledge that might be truly useful in practice. "Could you tell me a bit about this Vylmira system?" She hadn't heard about it previously, or at least not at length -- something about a light side nexus? She hadn't looked into it. Still, she knew the geography and organization of the library, so locating texts on the system wasn't that difficult. She slipped into the rows of bookshelves, searching through quickly before grabbing a pair of books in Aurebesh and another in High Galactic. A few holofiles were added to the stack, and for good measure she grabbed an old-looking text written in Arkanian script -- their books were always incredibly detailed yet concise, and Auteme found the script to be quite beautiful.

As she popped out of the stacks she looked at her companion and listened to his question. "Oh," she said, giving a sheepish smile. "Sorry, I completely forgot. I'm Auteme, it's nice to meet you Seth. Wanna take these and find a spot to sit?" She held out the stack of books she was carrying for him to take.

[member="Seth Brackson"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom