Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public A Moment of Meditation

Oldrepublic_27_103.png

Location: Cathar, the edge of the Equatorial Jungles. City Tree Ran Dom Kuun

A cathar woman returns home once again. The humble abode she had bought back after all these years through a kind word, and a legacy she left behind. The city tree she grew up on, now a thriving space port, acted as a barrier fort between the dense jungle of the equator and the open savannah that the tree towered over, stood tall, now nearly a thousand years older than the last time she had stayed here. After the events of what happened on Caldera, and having to fight a true sith lord, Jonyna needed...a break. The cathar was exhausted, and just wanted an air of familiarity. The taste of home. The smell of a homecooked meal and the strange scent of City-Tree bark filled the air of her new abode. She needed to talk to her mom, but the crystal within her saber didn't seem to respond to any of her pleas thus far.

She could go looking for Giran Thraker Giran Thraker , but she also kinda wanted to figure this out on her own.

Whomever came to visit, they'd find a Cathar unwilling to fight at the moment...

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Of all the worlds to visit, Cathar was among the ones Minerva wouldn't choose to come to if having a choice in the matter. Not that she hated the world or its people far from it but it felt weird to be in this world. Yet here she was, walking through the streets in a grayish cloak that concealed her armor and the helmet attached at her waist. The uncovered Mandalorian stepped over to the side as several children laughed, chasing their friend in the lead. Beneath the hood she found the sight of their joy heart-warming but there was no time to dwell on it.

Going undercover in former Imperial space is not a blue milk run no matter how chaotic it is. Moving on to another alleyway Minerva took a deep breath before exhaling. Pulling out a commlink she made a call.

"Irni how are we?"

"Could be better but not a total disaster. That Imp patrol back at the
Er'Kit system did a number on this ship although repairs can be finished by tomorrow."

Minerva fell silent for a few moments and added.

"Right. In the meantime sit tight and I'll be back to lend a hand in another hour."

So focused on her conversation that Minerva failed to notice that she was walking through the entrance of a small house. The Mandalorian paused, smelling food and looked up at Jonyna. Immediately awkward silence followed before Minerva nervously chuckled.

"Heh wrong turn sorry. Wasn't looking to be honest."

From the Cathar's view she would note her unexpected guest's human face with brown eyes and dark hair within the hood. The face bore a scar cut across the bridge of her nose and to the upper right cheek with another but more older one etched onto the left side sideways.

Last edited:
The entrance of a humanoid entering her house made the Cathar take pause as she prepped the meal she had made for herself. Giran Thraker Giran Thraker 's arrival made her smile though, looking to her boyfriend. "Just...taking a moment to myself." She looked over to Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad with a calm look, gesturing to the small dinner table that sat adjacent to the kitchen. "You're...welcome to join me for dinner if you want. City-Fruit Stew with some local herbs and spices added in. Threw in some chopped Nuna and Bantha meat to give it some flavor."

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Giran Thraker Giran Thraker

Minerva's eyes blinked, hearing what the Cathar just said. Offering a meal to someone who just intruded however accidentally is surprising for the warrior. Noting the other human who just came in Minerva kept her cool. In the back of the Mandalorian's mind she was trying to find a way to get out of this but refusing may draw unwanted suspicion.

Without warning her stomach growled. Nervously chuckling again, she said.

"Uhhh…thank you. I'll try not to impose too much."

Taking a seat, she thought. This is so weird. Trespassing into a house then getting invited for dinner.

"I'm Minerva Ronell." She confessed in order to be polite but nothing else. The surname was false of course to use an alias.

"Jonyna Si." She offered, stirring the pot she'd been working on. "I take it you're not from around here? Seen a couple ships come and go the last few days."

The cathar had a feeling this woman wasn't here as a tourist. Ran Dom Kuun acted as a rest stop for many nowadays, as she had been quick to find out. Within it's branches there were several spots for those heading from one star system to the next to crash for a night or two, while the local Denik acted as hotel workers and mechanics. It was a modest living, but it wasn't one unfamiliar to Jonyna. Even back in her day, her brother had taken up the role of a mechanic.

Giran Thraker Giran Thraker Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

"Beautiful planet." Jonyna chuckled. "You should stick around. See the Forest of Dreams. Fly over the Great Plains of Amathafa. See the 2 mile waterfall over on Sha-Izwe Lemvula. Fight some Kiltiks."

She smiled as she got a set of three bowls out of the cabinets that seemed to be carved right out of the tree the house was built into, as the whole room seemed to be. "So where you heading to then?"

Minerva Fhirdiad Minerva Fhirdiad

Tag: Giran Thraker Giran Thraker Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Kiltiks? Minerva thought but didn't ask outloud. Those sounded interesting but she had to get back to Alliance as soon as possible. Of course she couldn't afford to reveal that. Not to strangers within what had been within the Empire's reach. True the Imperials seem to have little or no presence here but best not take any chances.

At Jonyna's question Minerva already had an answer prepared.

"Taris. Got to meet up with some friends of mine."

Pausing momentarily the Mandalorian got curious then asked. "How long have you two been living here?"

"On and off for the last 900 years." She joked. "I moved in a few months ago. This was my family's house, going back...well, several hundred generations. All the way back to the reconstruction era. Mom uh..." She paused, once again feeling out with the force for her saber, that she had left in the other room. "...she died a while back. I was busy finding my place in the Order, and didn't come to claim the place until recently."

Minerva tilted her head in examination.

900 years? Order? Is this lady one of those people that have been lost in time? Like Master Noble.

She wondered which order Jonaya was referring to. The Jedi or the Imperial Knights? If the former then there is no problem but if the latter… Seeing the Cathar's grief at the mention, she closed her eyes in painful reminder.

"I'm truly sorry for your loss. But which order are you talking about? There is many of them in the galaxy."

Last edited:
"Jedi." She said simply, passing a bowl to the visitor. "Cathar tradition dictates if you're strong in the force, you become a jedi. No ifs ands or buts. My mom...she was a Shadow. Didn't tell me until she was well into her years. When I was young, she told me it was my duty to join. Now I'm a Knight and working towards my mastery. What about you?"

Throughout the Jedi's history many of its members had hailed from the Cathar she recalled. She respected having a strong sense of tradition as long it is not Sith nor anything similar to them. Taking the bowl she nodded gratitude before digging.

At the first taste it was already delicious.

"Good stuff." Minerva complimented out loud when stopping.

At the question she tense up before eating some more. Technically it would be fine to reveal the truth since Jonyna is a Jedi and she is serving with the Alliance yet Minerva hesitated. Even though it had been thousands of years since the Cathar genocide her former comrades in the Enclave seemed bent on recreating the ancient Mandalorian Wars that would remind people of it. Minerva wasn't ashamed of who she is even though others disgrace the armor they wear yet she didn't want to cause her host any grief.

If I lie about it and she finds out there will be problems down on the road. Better to get it over with and if she doesn't take it well best to leave.

Finishing the meal and wiping her mouth Minerva placed the bowl down. Then looking Jonyna in the eyes she said.

"I'm a Mandalorian warrior serving in the Alliance military."

Jonyna tensed at those words. Mando, in her house. She nearly reached out to Claire at the thought, still on her back, but...She thought about what that sith lord said. Tried to use to rile her up. The wars that ravaged her people were far behind both of them. Cathar had rebuilt.

"...so you're on our side?"

Seeing the pain and wariness in the Cathay’s eyes made it clear to Minerva. Though she was relieved that the feline wasn't going for her weapon. She didn't want to fight the Jedi unless they turned to the dark side. The less Sith in the galaxy the better.

"I have been with the Alliance forces for several years to fight against our common enemies, the Sith and those similar to them. My true surname is Fhirdiad, I'm the adopted daughter of the late Jorel Merrik."

Last edited:
"I...don't know any of those names, but I'm sorry for your loss." Jonyna said with a hesitant smile. "...you seem like one of the good ones though."

She felt dirty phrasing it that way, but it was how it felt. The mandos were once again on the warpath. After the battle on Caldera, Jonyna had the chance to catch up with the news around the galaxy. Figures the Mandos were the ones now stirring up trouble, once again genociding an entire planet. Part of her wanted to kick the doors in on the senate and make her case, but it wasn't her place to do so. If the GA chose to sit idly by as an empire rose once more, she wouldn't hesitate this time. She'd go in alone or start her own rebellion.

She looked over to Giran Thraker Giran Thraker , looking for some sort of respite emotionally.

”That is not a surprise. I was just being proud of my father that’s all.” Minerva replied in understanding to Jonyna when she confessed to not knowing those names.

At the Cathar’s subsequent comment she closed her eyes with the resignation. She knew exactly what term implied but despite the pain of it Minerva understood given recent events.

There was a time I would’ve gladly given my life for the Enclave, when I was still with them but now… Did the Enclave lose it’s way after all these years? Or they were always so and was I too blinded to see it?

There were no immediate answers to those bitter questions. She had to suppress the urge to sigh in both grief and anger. Reminded that she was in a Cathar’s house Minerva sat up, handing the bowl over.

”I must take my leave. Farewell and apologies again for this intrusion however, unintended.”

She turned around and made her way for the entrance.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom