Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A "Mistaken" Misstep

Concordia

Taeli, known in the One Sith now as Darth Arcanix, was checking her map to make sure she had the proper area. She had come to Concordia, undercover as a Lorrdian university student working on a graduate project, to secure a partnership with a mining company to help supply Krayt Industries with a more steady stream of materials.

'Yes, these are definitely the lands of Clan Volora,' she thought, placing the map back inside her satchel bag that contained her lightsaber. Looking around to make sure no one was watching, she used the Force to jump over the low wall and land gracefully on the other side.

She hoped that this Mandalorian clan might be open to helping, but she had a feeling she would need to prove herself first. Her mother had been very clear about such procedures.

@Nulmak Volora

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Time: 12 am

The beautiful plains of Concordia was always a good refresher after taking several mining jobs. The fresh air, the low breeze in the wind, and that karking sky was what made the snivvian work so hard for. Nulmak loved his home, one day he would lead his clan, and one day he would double the size of clan property. But for now , his ambition would just have to be pleased with his fast growing company. The short, stalky, and muscular tank had been exploring the area with his heavy repeater in hand, and his heavy, custom made beskaram. His trusty armor, and weapon were all he had for company, being alone he always was cautious. The menacing four feet, and six inches miniature sized tank was huge for his size , weighing one hundred and sixty five pounds of muscle. Even a sith would find this mandalorian intimidating, the miner peered about when he saw an intruder jump over the walls! What in the kark? Who was this? A human? A burst was shot from the heavy blaster with extreme accuracy, each blast was aimed for a body part , two shots were heading toward the chest, three toward the left leg , and one at the right shoulder. The rather thin intruder would learn, that Clan Volora does not deal with trespassers, more bolts would be on the way. The women would have to , explain herself, or risk death.

@Nulmak Volora

Taeli heard the whine of blaster bolts heading her way, looking up she could a stocky Mandalorian heading towards her, heavy repeater in hand.

Throwing herself to the ground, she dodged the bolts that were about to burn through each of her extremities. Scowling, she debated if she wanted to activate her lightsaber and reveal herself as Sith, but thought better of it. Thinking quickly, she used the Force to throw a small dust storm and took off running, using it as cover.

'Of course, first time on Concordia and I'm running from a Mando'ad,' she thought, hiding behind a small boulder and drawing the bes'kade saber from her satchel.

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

The censors on the mandalorian's helmet became scrambled from an odd dust storm, he was now just relying on his sight. Where did this dust storm come from? Where did the figure go? Instead of overheating his heavy repeater, he held fire his opponent got lucky, where was she? The T-visor scanned the area, looking for the filthy intruder. There seemed to be a boulder up ahead, an odd thing to see in the very open plains, first the snivvian decided he would scan the area where the intruder was. His eyes peeled, she very well could be hiding behind that boulder, or laying on the ground, he began to walk towards the area slowly. His helmets speakers blared, " Ill make a deal with you, you come out of hiding and ill just beat you with my fists! " . The silver tongue laughed, he knew what he was doing. Psychological warfare, she would either be insulted and attack him outright, or would shiver in terror hiding for ones life. This allowed him to find out more about his opponent, what type of being is she? A coward, or a fighter?

Hearing the Mandalorian speak, she could pick the slight changes in Basic that were caused by a Snivvian mouth. Taeli knew she couldn't hide here for much longer, his helmet would be scanning the area.

Using the Force, she projected her voice so that it would come from as though from far away and said, "That's not really a good incentive for me to come out of hiding. I didn't mean to trespass, but I was curious and I thought it would help with my graduate report on the environment of Concordia. I'm just a student from the University of Lorrd."

Gripping the bes'kade tighter, she peered around her hiding spot to see the Mandalorian getting closer and closer. She suspected his armor was made of beskar, so she would need to focus on joints and other vulnerable gaps in the armor. Or, she mused, she could disable the weapon systems one by one, but who knew how many the Mando had.

@Nulmak Volora

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Darth Arcanix"]
With pure reflexes the mandalorian turned toward the embodiment of the voice, his back turned to the rock " No mere student could outflank me that quickly, even with the dust storm helping you! Tell me your real purpose, and who you are. I may consider letting you go arueliti." . Nulmak paused, his gut feeling told him she was lying , no one but mandalorians, farmers, and opportunist's would come to this underpopulated planet. As he scanned where the voice was coming from, there seemed to be no figure. The business man was confused, this was her moment to strike while Nulmak was obviously in shambles. What sorcery is this ? He crouched surveying the area, waiting.

Taeli snuck out from behind the rock, using the Force to quiet her footsteps, as she advanced towards the Mandalorian. he appeared to be scanning the area she had thrown her voice to, all the best for this.

Stopping right behind him and quieting the air around them so he wouldn't know, she swung the flat edge of the bes'kade at his helmeted head, using the Force to augment her swing so the blow would either send him flying or stun him.

@Nulmak Volora

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

The hit was unsuspecting to the snivvian warrior , sorcery or what they call the force was at use here. Trickery, this is what allowed the force being to strike him, but in vain. His Bucye (helmet in mandoa) was designed specifically for him, to mask most combat situations, or mining incidents; while the strike was well placed, it only made the Volora more angry . The same material clashed with one another, a spark was made from the strike, but luckily the impact cushion on the inside of the Bucye, combined with the strong double layer of mandalorian iron did its job. After stumbling an inch forward the rough miner with a grunt rotated his torso with pure explosion, and brute strength. If his repeater hit the swords-women, she would fall to the ground winded, even if he missed which was unlikely he would be in perfect position to lay a volley at point blank range. Either way, he wins in this regard, the only problem is that now his hip joint is exposed as a weakness. Something his opponent may take advantage of if he reacts slowly . It seems a duel was at stake, how would it end ?

Taeli spun in the same direction the Snivvian did, lashing out with her blade at the exposed hip joint in a trailing slash. She was disappointed that the blow to helmet did little but make him stumble a step forward, but she could not allow him to bear his blaster against her. Even with the spin, the armored man's elbow clipped her, pushing her back a bit with a grunt. Pain was an old friend by now, and it would only fuel her power in this duel.

@Nulmak Volora

Nulmak Volora

N
The short snivvian used height to his advantage, he was shorter, and more muscular, at point blank range he could easily take the hips or the legs out. His eyes were focused, his stance well rehearsed as if he had known it for a long time, his massive arms raised the repeater, aiming for the knee cap's this would immobilize his target for questioning. The volley was unleashed , bolts came out like a mad rancor, glowing red, much of the land was quite and isolated where the Clan's land was. His fellow Allit would come soon, and it would not be a great sight for the sith. This battle would soon be over in his favor ethier way, the force being could probably sense this, but it was to late to flee, she would be captured, by him, or his fellow clansmen and questioned. [member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taeli saw the repeater raising, the red glow of energy racing down the barrel, and aimed directly at her knee cap. Using the Force, she was able to dodge the blaster bolts for the most part, but even she wasn't quick enough to not have a searing pain race up her leg from a graze. She had to admire the Snivvian's accuracy and skill in getting his repeater into position so fast, but that thought quickly passed as her anger erupted in life.

"Enough of this!" she hissed, her eyes blazing yellow and dark sigils appearing around her eyes. She knew she was revealing her true nature, but this Mandalorian had annoyed her too much and was standing her way of trying to secure a meeting with Clan Volora. As she dodged another volley of blaster fire, her lightsaber leapt out of her satchel and ignited, the crimson blade flaring to life as the hand-guarded blade met her hand.

Dropping the bes'kade as she reflect several laster bolts back at her opponent, she unleashed Force Lightning from her free hand, the bolts of energy arcing across his armor.

[member="Nulmak Volora"]

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

The mandalorian was ravaged by the lighting , what the kark? A sith what is she doing here? The tough sod dropped his repeater and fell backward, his armor saved him from death,but he was immensely injured, his heart-rate grew. The shock burned his body that was exposed, he almost died from the electric overload. Even the strongest warrior would have fallen back from the shock, but the sith made a wrong move. The warrior fell against the boulder, he would make her charge him with his words. " Are you afraid sith? Afraid to get your hands dirty? " . He paused letting the insult seep in, " Haha you are! Come on you coward strike me with your lightsaber! Unless your scared! " . This was a ploy that had to work, they both were similar in that regard, anger made them fight. But her anger is induced in wrath, while his anger is more calm, and smart. Far away she could just shock him, and he would die, but up close is a different story. He could out muscle her in an up close fight, he knew she was fast so he would need to distract her. This would be done by throwing dirt at her face, she would be blinded before she could strike, and up close where he could strike. A perfect way for taking out a sith like her, and to even the odds of the already hurt mandalorian.

Taeli cut the lightning off for a moment to just laugh shrilly at her opponent.

"You must think me ruled by my anger," she said, unleashing more lightning so he was pinned to the boulder still, but not enough it would kill him . . . yet. "I'm perfectly happy letting you cook in your armor, but I'm not here to kill Mandalorians outright. I wanted to meet with one of your clan to propose talks about helping secure mining aid for Krayt Industries. But, as I know you Mandalorians all too well with my mother being one of you, proof of strength through combat works best to open doors. So I think I'll kill you, present your corpse to the clan leaders, apologize for your death and move onto why I came here."

Taeli stepped closer, and began to ramp up the intensity of the Force Lightning. She had no idea the person she had come to see was the Snivvian writhing under her attack.

[member="Nulmak Volora"]

Nulmak Volora

N
"You think there gonna help you? when you kill one of their own?Especially their champion? You sith are all the same, you all attack with no plan, no information and expect to win. Thats why you cant kill our culture, nor conquer it. We mandalorians fight not only with power and strength, but with strategy, and reason. Keep letting your anger rule you sith, my anger helps me." . The mandalorian let out with a garble, suddenly, while shaking from the burns, he threw dirt right in front of the sith's face. The sith would ether be blinded, allowing the mandalorian to strike at ease, or she would disengage allowing him to strike again as well. It was time Nulmak caught a break, the moment she would disengage he would come charging like and angry tusk en raider with a bantha stick. The small tank would build so much force if she got hit she would get winded, and suffer major injuries, the warrior knew she could not dodge everything, even if she used sorcery. This attack would most likely be successful, once he became victorious then he would talk negotiations, he was just too stubborn to lose a fight like this. [member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taeli staggered back as the sand hit her face, forcing her to stop her lightning attack to try and clear her eyes. Through the grit, she could see her opponent charging at her as best an injured Mando could.

'Bloody pride,' she thought as the Snivvian impacted against her chest, all 165lbs of muscle. Time seemed to slow as she started to move backward from the blow, her lightsaber falling from her graps, she unleashed a Force Scream that would send her opponent flying back into the boulder with plenty of debilitating force. Coughing as the wind was knocked out of her from both the blow and landing on the ground, she could feel several bruised or broken ribs along with scrapes and cuts that were leaking blood now. As she tried to regain her breathe, she hoped that scream had done enough damage to prevent a counter-attack for a moment so she could collect herself as her lightsaber flew back to her hand. Her breathing was painful so definitely some broken ribs

[member="Nulmak Volora"]

Nulmak Volora

N
The mandalorian was definitely hurt, he would be suffering some third degree burns from the lighting that cooked him, every time he moved cuts would be formed, and he would bleed. He knew the sith was just as hurt, the snivvian smiled "What? Do you think im going to be that easy to convince sith ? I have a lot more tricks up my sleeves if you continue this battle, I dont think you want that. We both are hurt, and will barelly leave this battle with our lives right now. Surrender, you have convinced me enough that you can be trusted with business.We can negotiate then,or suffer more." . What the sith did not know was he was lying under his teeth, he had a major cut on his back. Nulmak would bleed out if he did not receive medical attention, his rifle was only a foot away. The still target would have no other chance without it, it was his only weapon besides his physicality demonstrated, his right ear was ringing from the force scream. The pain, the ultimatum of survival, like any true mandalorian he ignored it, his thoughts came back to the battle, the thin human would not be stupid enough take attack him up close again. Her ribs must have been crushed just like his back, if she did not heed his bluff it would be a tie. The only way she could win was by killing the tough fella, with lightning, she needed him alive to help her wealth, and with a by product help his wealth. While sith and mandalorians hate one another, they were not at war, perhaps amends could be made with this seemingly smart alliance. What would happen? [member="Darth Arcanix"]

Taeli struggled to her feet, sensing through the Force just how hurt her opponent was. She wasn't in much better shape, but she could at least not bleed out all over the landscape. She was of two minds right now; she could kill him and move onto to another to negotiate, but that had a whole host of problems attached to it. Or, she could accept the offer being proposed, and she might gain a valuable business partner. The choice was easy, especially as another pained breathe shot through her lungs. Definitely needed to see to those.

"I don't surrender, Mando'ad, but I will accept your proposal of sitting down and talking like civilized beings," Taeli said, gritting her teeth at the pain it took to talk. "Sith and Mandalorians have worked together in the past, I'm sure we can come to some . . . agreement."

[member="Nulmak Volora"]

Nulmak Volora

N
[member="Darth Arcanix"]

Two mandalorians came, jet packing down in Clan Volora armor, completely blue to symbolize reliability. One was an armored Wookie, while the other was a Transdoshin. Their past lives were done , and now the two rival races were fellow brothers, both of them had their weapons aimed at the sith screaming " You karkin aruelit , how dare you tresspass!" "Rgggggggghhhhahahaa". Before they could shoot the snivvian screamed "Enough! We had a fair duel full of glory like our ancestors! We have tied due to our equal combat skills! " . Pausing the two lowered there weapons, the wookie carrying the wounded warrior, while the transdoshin carried the sith. "Now lets get our wounds healed up before the meeting , shall we?" Both of them would receive medical attention before the negotiation, a glorious day indeed.

(I think that we should role play the business deal on another thread. )

"Medical assistance would be welcome, indeed," Taeli said, a pain wracked cough escaping her lips. The Wookiee and Trandoshin were an odd pair in their blue beskar'gam, but who was she to judge. She had seen odder occurrences on Coruscant.

"You might want to see to your clan champion first," Taeli advised, coughing again. "He's a bit more battered than I am, although I agree it was a very even duel."

(I agree completely about using a different thread for our meeting.)

[member="Nulmak Volora"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom