Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Meeting of Two Imperials

Cephiro Pagaarch

C

cdx.star_fortress.exterior.png
A MEETING OF TWO IMPERIALS
TAGS:
Julius Haskler Julius Haskler

LOCATION: Over the World of Karideph, Imperial Station Everon, Imperial Concordat of Powers.
RELEVANT LINKS: Cephiro Pagaarch

The Imperial Concordat of Powers was a relativity new faction that has sprung up to some galactic prominence, underneath the guiding hand of the Chief of State, Grand Admiral Cephiro Pagaarch. Although not as powerful as the New Imperial Order underneath the current rule of Rurik Fel they still held some sway within the galaxy due to following the principles and legacy of both the Imperial Remnant underneath Grand Admiral Pellaeon and the Pentastar Alignment of Powers underneath Grand Moff Ardus Kaine. Imperial Station Everon had been established on the world of Kardiepth along the Rimma Trade Route after Elrood, and the Trition Trade Route branched off Karideph to connect the Minos Cluster and the Kathol Sector to the Rimma. The station main purpose was to be the first regional outpost of the Imperial Concordat and to act as a refueling station for the fleet underneath its firm hand. The Station itself was massive with 5 different layers that made up the entire structure, it was designed to be both imposing but orderly enough to anyone who came across it. Although defended by the fleet around it, the station came equipped with several turbolaser batteries scattered around its hull to provide both defense and offense in times of war.

"The galaxy never changes even after all these years. Galactic Factions that seek dominance over a war torn galaxy not for the betterment of the galaxy's citizens but due to their own arrogance and pride." Pagaarch muttered to himself with a sigh from his lips, looking out of the window of his grey and simple office at the small fleet of Praetor Mark II-class battlecruisers outside that belonged to the Kardiepth Sector Fleet. Turning his simple black chair around, as his holographic projector upon his desk would shine blue to indicate a message. Reaching out and touching it with his black gloved hand, turning to the required channel and waiting for the image to appear. The image would fizzle into existence soon afterwards as it was the Security Station Secretary. "Pardon the intrusion, Your Excellency. But there is a person requesting for you to meet them. Should I call security or send them up right away." The woman asked, wearing the traditional outfit of a blue skirt and black dress top with the symbol of the Imperial Concordat upon it. Pagaarch would simply ponder over this, meeting people was certainly a process. They could be trying to assassinate him but he would face this person head on with the dignity of a grand admiral. "There is nothing to worry about, Miss Durant. Send them up right away, guide them up into the lounge." He said, his voice firm but grandfatherly in a way. "Right away, your excellency." Miss Durant said, closing the transmissions now between them.

While the Security Station Secretary would be guiding the visitor to the station up towards his private lounge. Pagaarch would be cleaning his uniform and making sure that there were no wrinkles upon it. As the Chief of State of the Concordat, he had to keep up appearances towards any and all guests be they enemy or friend. Walking inside the lounge area of his office, he would take a seat upon a brown old fashioned chair. His 8 Third Generation Dark Troopers would be around the room, incase his guest was unfriendly. Pagaarch had decided to wear his Imperial White Admiral Tunic, adorned with a pair of golden epaulets upon his shoulders. Waiting for his guest to arrive before him and engage in conversation.

The galaxy certainly was interesting place.

Last edited by a moderator:
Imperial Arbiter of the Outer Rim

M E E T I N G _ O F _ T W O _ I M P E R I A L S

Imperial_meeting_SWGTCG.jpg

Tag: Cephiro Pagaarch
Objective: Negotiate
vDVBrQ1.png
Times changed. In what felt like ages, Julius was on the field again. Although he had been promoted, although his responsibilities had changed, he was tasked with something he had become familiar with. Talking to Imperials. Strangely enough, his carrier as a diplomat had never been as successful as his carrier as a politician, yet he was still in charge of delicate missions. Or was he? Maybe he was being cast away and he couldn't even see it. If he recalled, none of his missions had been truly successful. He was yet to create a true diplomatic friendship between two states. Kenth Berik's operation had been an utter disaster, and the rest had only seen mild success. Could he be better this time?

Those were the thoughts that stalked the back of Julius's mind while he thought of how to create an appealing connexion between the nation he would represent and the one he was to discover. Of course, fear of failure was kept shut. The old diplomat had enough enemies in the New Imperial Order to be bothered with a minor mission like this. But if he managed to stay focused and forgot about Rurik Fel, the Galidraanis, Prefsbelt and all the problems that plagued the Assembly, he could be efficient.

From what he knew, Pagaarch, name unknown, was yet another Imperial warlord that had resurfaced recently. Another case of a junta refusing to acknowledge the moral authority of the New Imperial Order. "Grand Moff" Vel'alari or "Lord Imperator" Marlon Sularen, Commodore Kenth Berik had been too focused on their own gains to see the bigger picture of what was unfolding in the galaxy. These people were blinded by arrogance and the vacuum conveyed by their own title showed how deeply the Empire had sunk. Maybe it was going to be different this time? The Moff did not have much hope, but human nature could be surprising sometimes. And if he failed, the warlord would probably choose to side with the other competing Imperial pretender...
addkebt.png
The Ultimus Imperialis had faithfully served the Moff throughout its carrier, and today was no exception. Slowly docking to the space station, its observation pane allowed the diplomat to ponder thoughtfully the defensive lines established in orbit. The obsolete but yet impressive Praetors patrolled around a well-defended station. It wasn't enough, maybe, to deter a massive attack, but it was sufficient to defend the warlord against pirates, remnants of the Bryn'adûl or of the Sith Empire... Marauders of all sorts made even the most far-flung corners of the galaxy a living hell.

Julius disembarked his vessel but did not bother taking guards with him. If he was truly on an imperial station, he could rely on the hospitality of his hosts to be safe. He was guided through corridors and hallways, in a typical imperial fashion. It was common to disorient the guest by making him follow a complicated path. It could have worked if the said guest had not lived for his entire life in similar buildings. He was not truly lost, but he had difficulties mapping out correctly the path he had followed.

At last, he was told to await the one person he came here for. Pagaarch. What would be his initial reaction? Would he accept to talk or throw him out for daring speak to the righteous leader of the Empire? The most important was to stay as always, cold and polite, true to Imperial standards. And if the warlord refused to hear what was best for him, well... The New Imperial Order need not worry about another warlord. They could dispose of him quickly. But maybe it wasn't the best course of action? He would have to see.

Being finally introduced to the one he wanted to discover, Julius tried to stop a gasp from exiting his mouth. He managed to make it up in a sort of polite cough, designed to introduce himself. The fool. He was wearing a Grand Admiral uniform. Most Anaxsis would have killed to be promoted to this rank, and Orcana certainly had already killed to bring himself closer to the fabled Grand Admiral. Was it the typical egotistic warlord, sharing half his brain with his epaulettes, or was it hiding a deeper, more calculative mind? Julius would have been warier of a humble-looking officer.

But he could not stay up at the entrance of the office like an idiot, he had to say something. The cough had given him a handful of seconds to think of what to say, and he could certainly use the situation to his advantage. Improvising, the Moff decided to introduce himself as a means to establish a clear chain of discussion and perhaps learn more about the warlord.

"Greetings, it is an honour to meet you at last in person, Lord Pagaarch. I have heard a lot about yourself and your faction, and I would like to introduce myself as a way to comfortably open the sure to be enriching collaboration we will share. I am Moff Julius Haskler of Anaxes, head of the Imperial Diplomatic Corps of the New Imperial Order. I have been tasked by the Sovereign Imperator to meet you and discuss of the future and create a strong bond between all the Imperials sons fighting for the same cause."

At least he had not lost his tongue.

Last edited:

Cephiro Pagaarch

C

TAGS:

LOCATION: Over the World of Karidepth, Imperial Station Everon, Imperial Concordat of Powers.

Pagaarch would sit upon a simple brown furnished chair, he himself hated the idea of wasting resources on fancy things that weren't considered a necessity. Adjusting his imperial rank cylinders and rank insignia plaque. He waited for the visitor to appear before himself. Once the man entered into the lounge and announced himself with a slight cough would he rise up to greet them with a polite smile. Listening to his introduction, before approaching and offering a handshake to the imperial diplomat from the Imperial Diplomatic Corps. "Welcome to Imperial Station Everon, Moff Julius Haskler. I would like to suggest that we drop the formality of titles between us and address each other as normal people instead of rigid officers, Please call me, pagaarch as we engage in conversation. We are both hard-working individuals that believe in the imperial cause but express it in slightly different ways. As of now, we stand as equals within this room and moving forward. Your opinion will be respected, so feel free to speak your mind towards me" Pagaarch stated, gesturing to the chairs within the lounge after either shaking his hand or not. "As you are here for diplomatic intentions between our factions as assigned by your Sovereign Imperator. Would you care to join me and take a seat?" He said once again, moving his form away from the man and taking his seat upon his old fashioned brown chair within the room.

Once the man sat down, would he proceed to speak. "As you have introduced yourself to me, I believe it is only right to introduce myself towards you as a way to establish mutual respect. I am Admiral Cephiro Pagaarch, of the 6th Sector Fleet of the Kothol Sector. A little about myself is that I was a captain within the Imperial Remnant's Navy until the state was taken over by the Fel Dynasty after the death of my idol and mentor, Gilad Pellaeon. After the Fel Dynasty took over the Imperial Remnant. I was locked into stasis by a rival within the imperial state at the time. Only reawakening at this period in time due to a certain scientist who turned me into a human test subject for the transfusion of terentatek blood into a being to see if they would develop force immunity. Wondering around the galaxy for a few years, I had realized that the galaxy has changed considerably since my days within the Imperial Remnant and the only major imperial faction would be the New Imperial Order, from which you hail. As a champion and spiritual successor of the Imperial Cause, they are doing a fine job in returning the imperial state to galactic dominance and restoring control. Reviewing the faction to find myself a place within it, I was concerned that the new imperial order was following in the footsteps of the galactic empire to closely. Ultimately, coming to the conclusion after some time of debate that the New Imperial Order will suffer a critical loss at some point in the future that will fragment it back into warlordism.

As you have no doubt noticed, I am wearing an Imperial Grand Admiral's Uniform, and I am well aware that it would be highly disrespectful to wear such a uniform in front of a representative of the New Imperial Order. So please forgive me, and know that I don't wear it as an insult to the imperial state and its dedicated officers that have earned to wear this uniform through merit.But I wear it as a personal tribute to the Grand Admiral of the Imperial Remnant, Gilad Pellaeon and his ideals that I am heavily influenced by"

He said, giving a little bit of information about himself, before carrying on with the discussion as normal. Letting him respond to his first statement before carrying on.

"As the New Imperial Order wasn't where I belonged at this time, I decided to follow my own ideology of Imperial Democracy, as you may no doubt be wondering what exactly that is within your head. Imperial Democracy is much like the structure of a hegemony, the Imperial Regions within the Imperial Concordat have guaranteed freedoms and personal liberties that are upheld by the imperial state, but the regions are underneath the protection of a strong central authority to protect their independence from foreign invaders and direct policy that affect the entire state as a whole much better than the Corrupt Galactic Senate of old. This ideology is meant for the imperial cause to be spread by other planets within our region through their elected representatives, without us forcing propaganda down their throats and created as a safeguard from rebellions forming because of mistreatment of systems within our borders. The biggest mistake that the ancient empire did in my personal opinion was the dissolving of the Imperial Senate, although it had no real power underneath the Imperial Charter, rebellion ultimately formed from within the Imperial Senate and was then forged into a galaxy wide operation of rebellion against the stability offered by the Galactic Empire because the planets within the empires control were mistreated and their interest in represented. The Concordat is ultimately trying to correct this mistake through a more democratic fashion of governance to hold the faction together not through force of arms but through allegiance to the Imperial Cause as a whole because planets see the benefits of joining and remaining within the Imperial Concordat ." Pagaarch stated to him, in a thoughtful and logical manner. Explaining his ideals of Imperial Democracy and how the Imperial Concordat functions. Waiting for the man to respond to his second statement, while he proceeded to apologize for rambling on.

"Pardon me for rambling on before you, Mister Julius Haskler. However I believe it is necessary for you to understand how my faction is operated and its ideology before we proceed into negotiations. As you have travelled all this way to forge a strong connection between my faction and your faction, would you mind telling me more about what you propose. So we may get down to business" He said, to him. Proceeding to cease talking and picking up a cup of ale next to himself that was on the table. Waiting for him to respond and let his words sink in all the way. It was important for him to understand what this proposal was about before proceeding forward in their discussion.

vDVBrQ1.png
It was an interesting conversation they were going to have for sure. Pagaarch seemed very cautious about the way he wanted the talks to unfold. That was something absolutely logical given the fact that none really knew each other nor each other's faction. In the past, such lack of precaution had led warlord to die at Tsoss Beacon and many places elsewhere, the arrogant pride of power devouring any common sense still available.

Dying was not in Julius's projects for the moment. He had so much to do he couldn't really afford being killed... It would be a pure waste of time, both for him and for his enemies. He knew Rausgeber would find a creative and extremely painful to bring him back from the Netherworld to kill him again. Or else someone in his own House would try to get him back "for Anaxes". Such process of thought would have been stupid in fact, as the House could work without him, but the diplomat hadn't really written down a testament to detail what to do after he was killed.

For the moment, the only thing to do was hope not to be blown with the station and all he was trying to achieve. What could he do until all was over ? The tick was heard sometimes, slowly knocking behind his head. But when it was going to tick the final time, he did not know. Until then, tirelessly working to bring ruins back together.

He was the gravedigger of the Empire. What a shame no one liked necromancy these times.
addkebt.png
As a champion and spiritual successor of the Imperial Cause, they are doing a fine job in returning the imperial state to galactic dominance and restoring control. Reviewing the faction to find myself a place within it, I was concerned that the new imperial order was following in the footsteps of the galactic empire to closely. Ultimately, coming to the conclusion after some time of debate that the New Imperial Order will suffer a critical loss at some point in the future that will fragment it back into warlordism.

Julius liked what the warlord was talking about. He shared the views and concerns that were expressed here. As always, ego would be the grave of the Empire. Only fools and blind people would deny that contradictory influences like Lucien Dooku and Caarlyle Rausgeber were doing good to the New Imperial Order. Between the Tarkinists and the Pellaeonists, war was declared and the Assembly was the first of the battlegrounds. In truth, there was little more to do now than to join or watch the Order slowly dissolve before a silent Imperator and a helpless Vizier.

But Julius could not just wait until a clear victor emerged and reaped the title. Such illegetimate ruler would be open to rebellions and leave the remnants of previous states weakened and opened to barbarians and marauders, such as the heirs of a "Pure Order" vying to establish order by destroying the galaxy.

Pardon me for rambling on before you, Mister Julius Haskler. However I believe it is necessary for you to understand how my faction is operated and its ideology before we proceed into negotiations. As you have travelled all this way to forge a strong connection between my faction and your faction, would you mind telling me more about what you propose. So we may get down to business

While letting his mind escape to plan and outthink whatever dark future was looming, Julius listened carefully to Pagaarch's presentation. Most interesting indeed. He did not agree with everything, but there were excellent spots at times he wished to explore deeper. Why was democracy considered better than meritocracy for example? Julius was alien to the idea of democracy, and if the warlord's proposal wasn't vain words, then he would need an explanation. But other than mere ideological considerations, he wanted to know what the man had to offer in terms of Imperial future. Was he going to sit there and wait until the New Imperial Order blew up? This, he needed to know too.

"My friend, I quite liked your short 'rambling' to be truthful. You have a very clear view of the Empire's future, and it can be of great help if we are to rebuild all together that grand project that once ruled the whole galaxy. I have some questions about your idea of democracy we'll come back to later if you will.

First, Lord Pagaarch, I have a very important question. What do you see as of the Imperial future? Your assumption about the New Imperial Order is absolutely correct. The Assembly is divided between ambitious warlords and idealistic people refusing to see the truth, and it can lead to war one day or another. I have humbly started to work against that terrible situation but I must say my efforts have been helpless for the moment. There are some things I wish to do to change the situation, but I also want to watch my back. And this is you, at the moment.

You are quite a powerful individual, Lord Pagaarch, and I fear you cannot be allowed to wander if my nights are to stay uneventful. Jokes aside, I am in desperate need of allies and I see many reasons that would deter you from allying or making yourself known to the New Imperial Order at the time.

But outside of dire observations, what is your project for the Empire? Are you going to sit until you can make a claim on the throne, or will you mount a coalition of warlords shaped to your liking? I cannot tell whether you are a threat or not, and I want to know what to expect from you."

Cephiro Pagaarch

C

TAGS:

LOCATION: Over the World of Karidepth, Imperial Station Everon, Imperial Concordat of Powers.

Pagaarch would sip his cup, bringing it towards his lips as the cool beverage would flood down into his throat. Giving the Diplomat from the New Imperial Order time to ponder over his thoughts and present himself in a logical manner in response to him. He himself knew that the concept of democracy would no doubt be a mystery to such an orderly and authoritation faction that was the NIO. Pagaarch listened very closely to his words as he was wondering about his idea of democracy but said they would come back to the subject at a later time, to which he would explain with vigor. In order for his imperial democratic ideals to be accepted, he would have to make a convincing argument to a hard core imperial such was Moff Julius Hasklar. So waiting until he had gotten finished and pondering inside of his head for just brief moment. He would proceed to respond in a polite fashion as the Imperial Diplomat was interesting and asked the right questions that needed to be answered before cooperation could begin.

"Well, Mister Haskler it is honorable for you to uphold the imperial cause even if people will not listen to you. With such an assembly divided, I don't see how the New Imperial Order can function efficiently without being bogged down by a system that resembles the corrupt nature of the Ancient Galactic Senate or as you said, the possibility of a large war tearing part the vary foundation of the currently strongest imperial faction. As for the question of how I see for the Imperial Future, the answer to that is quite complicated to be honest as there are many moving parts within the galaxy that must work together in order for a stable state. However I will try and respond to the best of my ability using sound logic. The Future of the Imperial State is coming back to galactic dominance using more subtle means to keep control of the massive empire that would no doubt form as we know that the Rule by Terror Policy of the Ancient Galactic Empire failed to produce the exact results and keep the imperial factions together." Pagaarch stated to him, letting those words sink in before proceeding to speak. Sipping on his now half empty cup of ale within his hand, reaching over and putting two sugar cubes within it to bring out the flavor more. "While I do believe that the representative structure of the Galactic Senate is flawed to an immense degree, it would be more useful in keeping the representatives within the chamber because that will better allow us to monitor problem worlds and respond to situations and invasions more quickly if we dispose of corporate influence that stagnates the bureaucracy. This new system will allow the imperial government that forms to better keep their hold over the galaxy, with development programs, we would develop less technological worlds in exchange for loyalty to the Imperial Government as a whole. We would not have to change the structure of the Imperial state with this idea because we would use our full military might to guarantee security and protection from outside powers, which would allow us to retain the majority of the power within the system. However we need to make sure that they stay loyal to the Imperial government and don't think about secession which will form rebellion quicker than the rebel alliance was formed. We accomplish this by showing that the imperial state is the best option that they have for economic security and regional stability. That way we will not have to force our ideals on planets through force of arms, but they will surrender to our ideals and join the imperial state. As a plus side to this as well, we would not have to place troops on the worlds as much. Because they will defend it themselves because of their new found loyalty. Meaning the imperial state can develop new technology and spend less while still retaining much of the Imperial Authority and Dominance of Old." Pagaarch stated, finishing his first statement in response to his earlier question. Letting the moff catch up with his words and ponder over them. He didn't expect for him to agree on his vision, but they could find some logical grounds in their overall conversation.

Pagaarch would chuckle a little at his joke, as he said it. Pondering inside of his mind that the diplomat in front of himself was a smart man and would be better suited in a faction that would heed his words and not be filled with arrogance and prideful people. Listening with intent, as the man questioned about his project for the empire and wondering if he was going to make a claim to the throne, or mount a coalition of warlords around his vision. Either of them had their pros and cons, as proclaiming himself emperor would only cause more problems for the galaxy while forming a coalition of warlords would take time but they could compromise to settle their objectives.
"If you are in need of allies, I would be more than happy to support you in the shadows for now. Revealing myself while my faction is still forming the foundation would only cause me to be targeted by the New Imperial Order either through direct actions from officials or renegade officer seeking to gain fame by defeating me. At this point in time, I will not oppose the New Imperial Order and its operations as they are the most powerful imperial faction within the galaxy and are currently stable enough to carry out the Imperial Cause, however if the New Imperial Order is not upholding the imperial cause or is becoming a mirror image of the galactic empire, which fragmented imperial authority in the first place. Then I as the rightful successor to Pellaeon's Imperial Remnant, will make my claim to the galaxy and form a coalition of warlords through compromise at first, but forces of arms if necessary to bring back stability throughout the galaxy. I will not apologize for my beliefs, nor am I going to be sorry for my actions later down the line. I have one objective in mind, reforming the stability of the galaxy through compromise and peace, or through iron and bloodshed the consequences be damned." Pagaarch stated, clearly following his own belief system, but he did make a logical argument about it that might convince the man in front of himself. So he could only hope that the Moff of the New Imperial Order would take his words into account before responding to him.

Pagaarch had to see if the diplomat was a reasonable fellow, as he waited for him to respond to his statements. Putting the cup of now empty ale back down on the table next to himself.

vDVBrQ1.png
To say Julius didn't expect the turn this conversation was taking would have been a lie. From the moment he heard of a new, untainted warlord in the Outer Rim, he knew pretenses of legitimacy, inheritance of the old ways and rule over the galaxy would be taken onto the table of discussion. How could it be not ? Julius had been the same man a few years ago, when the Alliance had put a brutal end to his coup. He had risen, claiming the throne of Anaxes for himself, declaring the Hasklers the only and true descendants of Kraig Haskler, and of the Empire's ideas. How foolish. They were crushed in blood and drove far away, and now Anaxes suffered under a proxy government ensuring Jedi tyranny was well in place.

Julius would not go against Pagaarch in this meeting. He would have questionned the warlord and asked where his legitimacy came from. Alas, there was probably not a true legitimacy for the Concordat, but neither had there been one for the New Imperial Order. The latter had just shown, through pure strength, that it could be more powerful than its former overlords.

Maybe a wise Imperial would have had the Concordat destroyed to ensure no rival to the throne rose. But Julius was no longer this kind of man, even though his attempts to recruit others had miserably failed. No, there were other solutions to make the Concordat coexist alongside the New Imperial Order. The diplomat saw two of them at the moment.

"Lord Pagaarch, you speak as a wise and experienced leader. Let the New Imperial diplomat out of the way for a moment and please hear what I, Julius Haskler, have to say. You see the New Imperial Order in a way most people refuse to do. But I do, and I know we share the same objective, to restore the Empire and crush the heretics and false pretenders that have plagued the galaxy for so long and that we are already combating.

Lord Pagaarch, I must say the New Imperial Order is now waging a war on two fronts. While we try to crush once and for all the remnants of the Sith Empire, we also face north marauders and cultists of all sorts united under the banner of the Brotherhood of the Maw. Those barbarians destroyed Csilla, ravaged Nirauan and Coruscant, and stand largely undefeated at the moment. They grow every minute, and even decided to allow a group of aforementioned false pretenders into their ranks to bolster their forces. This group of Neo Imperials operate under various names. I knew them once as Shadow Hand, this was the name the New Imperial Order gave them in the classified reports on Deep Core instabilities. Now, they seem to go by the name of Final Dawn. Their structure is shady and unpredictable, chaotic. But its leaders always stay the same. "Lord Imperator" Marlon Sularen, a New Imperial Order defector, and Commodore Kenth Berik, an Imperial mercenary, lead this pack of destroyers, despoilers of civilisation. But we are losing this fight, and we might lose the throne to people defiling the very idea of being Imperial.
I think it is safe to say we are both opposed to the return of a Palpatine-like Empire. And I fear we might see that under them.

My proposal is the following, and it is a formal one. While we, New Imperial Order and Imperial Concordat of Powers, have varying views on the expression of Imperial rule (and though I know you could meet New Imperials sharing almost your views on the subject), I think we can agree to stop together the darkness embodied by the Maw.

I am asking you, Lord Pagaarch, to prepare for war alongside the New Imperials. You have my word: they will never turn in you. And we will instead be supplying you with the required, up-to-date equipment you could require to join the war or fortify in silence. Whether you do join the war or not is of no importance. Since you are isolated and unknown of the galaxy, you will stand as a beacon of light even if the Empire falls to darkness. And if this day arrives, we will have someone to rally under and someone with who we can rebuild our Empire again."

Last edited:

Cephiro Pagaarch

C

TAGS:

Pagaarch knew that the moff would find it no doubt hard to believe about his supposed claim of being the successor of the Imperial Remnant. So he had decided to prove it in a way that couldn't be questioned or argued against. Standing up for just a minute and walking to a cabinet, he would pull out his specialized code cylinders upon his uniform inserting them into the slot as it opened up. Reaching his hand in and taking out a dusty binder from it, closing the cabinet with a turn of the cylinders. Walking back over with the binder in hand, and setting it down on the table. The binder had the official seal of the Imperial Remnant upon it, it would be hard to fake during this era due to the seal not existing anymore. He opened up the binder and took out 2 seperate things, a letter of promotion, and the imperial remnant personnel registry, placing them upon the table for beginning to explain. "You no doubt are wondering about my claim as the successor to the Pealleon Empire. However this letter of promotion states otherwise and as his signature at the bottom of it." He showed him, it was indeed a letter of promotion from the Moff Council of the Imperial Remnant, stating that he would be granted the rank of Admiral due to his exceptional services to the Remnant's Navy with the official signature of the Grand Admiral Pellaeon, which would be hard to fake unless you had advanced training in forgery although this was proven false due to the date of the document which shows that it was made during the years the Imperial Remnant was in operation. "If you still aren't convinced, this is the Imperial Remnant Personnel Registry which was classified due to having much of the personnel of the empire upon it. Here is my name listed underneath the Remnant Navy Section with the rank of Captain." He showed where exactly it was at, as he flipped the page to that section, pointing directly at his name which said "Captain Cephiro Pagaarch". Leaving the papers in front of him to look over, as he listened with intent as the man would begin speaking again.

After pondering over his words for just a moment and letting the truth of the documents ring true that had a legitimate claim to the legacy of the Imperial Remnant. He decided to respond in quick fashion, taking note that the New Imperial Order was currently facing a war on two fronts which made it slightly favorable if he would grab as much territory has possible to secure his own position within the galaxy. "The Brotherhood of the Maw is a powerful foe that seems as dangerous as the Bryn'adul once was or the vong that invaded the galaxy many years ago. Defeating them once and all would require all the major factions within the galaxy to unite for the preservation of the galaxy. But this final dawn formally known as Shadow Hand is a concern as a whole as they seem to be a shadow organization that will not gather its full strength until it is ready to strike its own claim to the galaxy. Any return to the Palpatine-like empire will cause the galaxy to fragment again into warlordism and piracy and I do oppose both of them to be sure." Pagaarch stated to him, going over the details in his head and overlooking the details of his proposal. Joining the New Imperial Order against the brotherhood of the maw would be a wasteful endeavour, he had nor the armies or fleets to launch a massive offensive at this time and the benefits seemed moot, if they lost the war because the maw would target him and his faction for assisting the NIO. He would rather fortify his own position within the galaxy, using the up to date equipment to create a bastion of imperial might within the galaxy. He decided to respond at this time, "I am afraid that I will have to decline the proposal to join the NIO in combating the Brotherhood of the Maw, Although I do agree that they are the major danger within the galaxy and will no doubt cause its ruination. There is a single concern of mind, if I am to join the fight against the maw in a public capacity, then if the New Imperial Order loses and its forces are routed, then my forces sent with them will also be destroyed. Giving us less of a fighting chance to oppose them in the future. As such, I believe the best option for me is to fortify the sectors underneath my control and turn them into a bastion of defense, giving us a fighting chance in the future because my forces will have up to date equipment and my armies will be able to defend the Imperial Cause and ultimately rebuild the empire to its full capacity" Pagaarch stated to him, although he didn't completely oppose helping the New Imperial Order. The consequences for doing so should they fail in defeating the maw would be catastrophic and leave the imperial cause decimated because of it. While he waited for a response from the man in front of himself. He was prepared for the moff's harsh criticism and would respond with due logic in maintaining his position because they could start anew if the New Imperial Order was to fall.

vDVBrQ1.png
Legitimacy was a complicated thing. Doubtlessly, it was supposed to be the only way to justify power. Inheriting from a past power was probably the only way to be a legitimate ruler, but how would people carve out legitimacy in the first place? The Empire hailed from the Republic, which in turn had been founded by a coalition of Core and Deep Core planets. But how did those planets gain legitimacy over the rest of the galaxy, and how had they been able to become rulers of it all?

The same question could be posed about the New Republic and its successor states. Hailing from the Rebel Alliance, how could those be legitimate at all to rule over the galaxy? Or the Sith, how were they legitimate to claim parts of the galaxy for themselves? How was anyone legitimate at that point? To Julius, the answer was simple. Through force, the Old Republic had expressed its power and gained the ability to rule over foreign, less advanced planets. In turn, Emperor Palpatine had been able to crown himself the Emperor, imitating the old Sith that had, similarly, titled themselves, Emperor, more than once.

But the line of succession was blurry again afterwards. Clearly, Palpatine had not intended on having a successor. Darth Vader arguably was, but he died shortly afterwards, having betrayed the Emperor. Who could be Vader's or Palpatine's successor? The Dark Side Adepts were all eliminated, along with most of the Inquisitors, Hands, advisors that Palpatine had bred during his reign. This left only the non-Force users to pursue the dream of imperial unity. Stormtrooper Corps, Imperial Army and Navy had struggled to find an order of preeminence that allowed a clear designation of the would-be Emperor. In truth, the turmoil of the Imperial Civil War had only led one man to rise, Thrawn's protege, Admiral Gilad Pellaeon. And although others had been kept in Thrawn's sleeve, from Admiral Voss Parck to Moff Kraig Haskler, Pellaeon had reined for a long time, his legitimacy growing each time a crisis challenged the Imperial Remnant, which had united almost all of the Imperial Warlords from Deep Core to Outer Rim.

When Pellaeon died, young Jagged Fel was put in charge of the Remnant, before transforming it into the Fel Empire. With this act, a new dynasty of Emperors was reinstated that lasted until the rise of Darth Krayt's Sith Empire. By this day, Rurik Fel Rurik Fel was on the throne, a legitimate ruler for a legitimate throne.

Pondering through the history of galactic Emperors, Julius had difficulties believing Pagaarch could come from the same epoch as his ancestor Haskler. But again, seeing people arise from past eras wasn't a surprise by now. Though, even with official records and documents, Julius did not see how the warlord was heir to Pellaeon's legacy. But he wasn't here to be agressive or offend his host. He wanted to make a friend of him, perhaps see him join the stage of Imperial affairs through cooperation and alliance. So, instead of ranting against a prideful admiral proclaiming himself true master of the Empire, Haskler humbly nodded and agreed with Pagaarch as he was trying to show him how he could claim Pellaeon's title.
addkebt.png
What truly interested Julius, however, was the ability to make the Imperial Concordat of Powers an ally and a holdout for the Empire, even though not recognising the authority of Rurik Fel. This would gravely offend the New Imperial officials, but he couldn't care less. They weren't ready to make choices for the good of the Empire, nor were they ready to accept compromise and patience. The fools would die foolishly, the wise would live wiser, as said on Anaxes. And Julius hoped he was not being Pagaarch's fool by accepting to throw at him everything he needed to become a menace to the New Imperial Order.

He had exaggerated a bit his nation's state, of course. The war against the Sith Empire was over, or almost. Except holdings like Dromund Kaas, currently under assault, Sarnus or Ziost, there was not much left of the Sith's former territory. The Kainate was still a thorn in the side of the Alliance, for sure, Admiral Thaelius, Moff Decimus and Lyken were still gathering troops to counter the New Imperial Order, but the galaxy was witnessing the last stand of the Sith as a unified power.

As of the Maw... Despite attempts missed to enter the cultists' territory, direct damage to the Order had been minimal at best. They sure had witnessed the sacking of their former capital, and the assassination of their late Emperor, they sure had seen a New Imperial Warlord defect to the enemy, but it was nothing to be concerned with. The Empire stood at the moment gun on the heel, waiting for the opportune moment. Countless of Divisions were to be thrown at the enemy, the galaxy's finest starships and commanders. If the Imperials committed themselves to this war fully, it would be over in but months.

I am afraid that I will have to decline the proposal to join the NIO in combating the Brotherhood of the Maw, Although I do agree that they are the major danger within the galaxy and will no doubt cause its ruination. There is a single concern of mind, if I am to join the fight against the maw in a public capacity, then if the New Imperial Order loses and its forces are routed, then my forces sent with them will also be destroyed. Giving us less of a fighting chance to oppose them in the future. As such, I believe the best option for me is to fortify the sectors underneath my control and turn them into a bastion of defense, giving us a fighting chance in the future because my forces will have up to date equipment and my armies will be able to defend the Imperial Cause and ultimately rebuild the empire to its full capacity

And, to be fair, Julius expected this answer. After such a dark painting of the Order's situation, there was no doubt Pagaarch would refuse to throw his fragile faction into a cataclysmic war such as the one against the Maw. Let the warlord consolidate in his dark corner of the galaxy. As long as he did not join the enemy's side, Julius was fine with letting the Concordat be and grow. Later, the terms of alliance would have to be re-discussed. But for now, there was nothing to do but hope feeding them weapons and ships would suffice to keep them neutral or supportive.

"My dear Admiral Pagaarch. I perfectly understand what your reasoning behind not joining the war is, and I am quite reassured, in fact, that you are not cocky enough to throw your faction into such a war for the moment. Please, stay as a beacon of light in the dark of the galaxy for the moment. Strengthen yourself, and we will be more than happy to count one more friend in the galaxy.

As of this strengthenment... I think it is time we discuss more seriously the terms of this contract we have to sign together. Without doubt, the New Imperial Order can deliver to you enough ships and weapons for your entire military, but I cannot return to my superiors to explain that I have decided we give out 1 to 5% of our military industrial output for a stranger. They wouldn't accept it. What I suggest instead is we agree to sign a treaty of good faith and friendship, or maybe an official alliance, so that I can announce you as a true servant of the Empire's cause. Hear me out: not the New Imperial Order's cause... the Empire's cause. And if you accept to ally us and perhaps share with us what you know of our enemies, although I doubt the Imperator would ask you anything of this nature, the Order will be more than happy to supply you with anything you need in terms of matériel, and maybe training even.

I think it is the most profitable solution for you I can come with, while not being an immediately rejectable one regarding my superiors' side of things. What do you say of that, my friend?"

Cephiro Pagaarch

C

TAGS:

Pagaarch smiled to himself but it wasn't shown in either of his eyes or his face itself. Disguising himself as a prideful admiral that wanted to claim he was pellaeon successor through simple documents that proved only that he was a captain during the Imperial Remnant Days. Such information would then be presented towards the New Imperial Order and its Imperator. Fooling one's opponents was the first tactic that he was taught during his days within the Imperial Navy, to be prideful about one's beliefs would give a false impression of his thinking and abilities and leave his enemies unprepared for when he struck out. Collecting the files that was "evidence" to an extent and placing them back on the binder before him. He would take the binder and put it on a table nearby. Pagaarch had made his mark on the moff and he was playing directly into overall strategy for the long game.

The New Imperial Order was a mockery of the Imperial Cause although presented itself as the only authority in regards to the legacy of the Galactic Empire and the Fel Empire. To be ruled over by a dynasty of force users that was installed by the jedi order after the death of pellaeon. By asking for supplies, he had made a gesture towards him to see if he would bite the hypothetical bait. Weather the moff was truly loyal to the New Imperial Order or was a man here by his own wishes and not those of a far away empire. This would be determined by his response, free servant or another lackey overestimating his faction's chances against a foe that they had yet to crush for some reason unknown to him if the new imperial order were so powerful to begin with. Pagaarch didn't need the industrial machine of the new imperial order to support himself and his faction because of his connections through the Imperial Industrial Council. All he needed from the New Imperial Order was simply building materials and food supplies to keep the populace in check. He decided to respond after the moff had got done with his statement.

"Strengthening the cause of Imperial Democracy is my overall objective and I do feel as though we can count you as a friend also in the future. You might have been mistaken by my words for just a minute. I am not looking for ships and weapons for my forces as we can get those readily enough within my own borders or through compromise with regional factions nearby. All I am asking is for building supplies for fortifications and food supplies for my populace because my factories are up yet to produce either of those things as of yet. As of for an official alliance or treaty, that would be publicly announcing that my faction exist within the galaxy and can cause me to be targeted by the other factions within the region. So I will have to pause on such an agreement until my faction is strong enough to defend itself and fortify my territories." Pagaarch stated, to him. Not totally rejecting the official alliance with the NIO but he had other plans for his faction. Starting small and relatively unknown by the other factions and waiting for an opportunity to become a legitimate power within the galaxy. Through fire and bloodshed, the Imperial Concordat of Powers would restore the dominance of the Imperial State through its policy of Imperial Democracy. Waiting for a response from the diplomat in front of himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom