Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Meeting of Greed and Anger

wearing: xXx
tag: Rann Thress Rann Thress

Bella liked to think of herself as a calm woman, as someone that was able to withstand a storm. But at this moment her patience was being tested. She had not come to Naboo to be assaulted and goaded into retaliating against idiots but that was precisely what was happening. Bella didn't believe it was a personal vendetta against her; she had discovered that the influx of refugees had left the populace of many Confederacy worlds irate and irrational. It would seem she had been mistaken for a refugee - someone that was threatening their way of life.

This was not the case.

The Chiss had come to Naboo on business - to expand her family's reach and influence, and perhaps even to help. Now she felt less inclined to do so. His hands grabbed her, calloused fingers pressing hard into her skin as he hauled her closer so that her face was only an inch or two from his. "Please, do not touch me." She said quietly. He spat an insult that had her crimson eyes narrowing in distaste. Bella was sure not all citizens of the Confederacy were not like this but it was souring her opinion of them.

She knocked the offending hand away. "Do. Not. Touch. Me." She said forcefully, accentuating each syllable since it was apparent the man did not understand personal space or boundaries. She shoved at the wall of his chest with both hands but he dug his heels in, refusing to be moved.

"You don't tell me what to do. You're not from here." He snapped in reply, and then shoved her against a wall he had backed her against. Did she smell whiskey on his breath? He pulled her away from the wall only to shove her against it a second time, harder, making pain shoot up her spine, and that was the final straw.

She had been polite. She had been assertive.

And she had had enough.

Her open palm slammed against the man's chest and felt the breaking of bones as the force moved through her, a forbidden power, a hidden secret. He was thrown several feet from her, tumbling in a violent display. He hit the ground hard, another bone-breaking upon impact, blood leaking from a cut across his firearm, clothes splotched with dirt. Passersby had now stopped to stare in a myriad of emotions - all of them looking at her as though she had committed some heinous crime.

And in a way she had.

Not against him. He was a bully and she was defending herself. But in Chiss society force sensitivity was considered an impurity - something to be shameful about, something to be hidden. Bella hated that she had been forced to use it after years of treatments to dampen her connection. And she hated that she enjoyed using it even more. She hid her hand behind her back, hiding the way her fingers were shaking with anger and something else; power, excitement. With the opposite hand, she brushed away the wrinkles his groping fingers had caused.

"I told him not to touch me..."

K A R M A

rann.png

WEARING:

TAG:mad:Asha’bell’anar

It was rare that Rann found himself returning to the Confederate capital world of Naboo, especially these days. By now, most people were aware of what had happened on Rannon, or that something had, and he didn’t want his presence to cause a fuss. Luckily, at least for this particular moment, a spectacle was drawing attention away from him.

A Chiss woman, a rarity in this part of the galaxy, even more so since the destruction of their homeworld, was being set upon by a particularly troublesome man. While the altercation was taking place, every fiber of Ranns being was telling him to just move on. Ignore it. Complete his business on Naboo and return to his area of relative safety back on Dagobah. But something stopped him. It may have been the striking beauty of the woman, or a hope for karmic justice be dealt against the man. All the same, he found himself frozen in place observing.

And as he did, he felt an all too familiar air around them. The Force. it moved around the woman, surrounded her, and she wielded it like a weapon, sending the man flying backwards into the dirt. That would be punishment enough for his harassments, surely.

Rann felt a smile appear on his lips as he watched the girl while she addressed her audience and tried to straighten her appearance. Again, without knowing why, Rann moved toward her.

“Well done.” He said with a smile, before turning his eyes over to the populace, face turning to stone as he spoke. “KO business, go back to yours. Shows over.” He said matter of factly before turning his eyes back to the woman, the smile reappearing on his face.

“It’s nothing to be ashamed of,” he said, reaching out his hand to hers that hide behind her back. “You did give him enough chances. A lot more forgiving than I would have been.”

“A nice show of force, errr, forgive the pun. You have a lot of potential. Why do you hide it?”

It was like salt in the wound.

One handsy fool had been more than enough to sour her mood. But two? It was threatening to tip the tide of her anger. His words had been heard but hardly registered - there was only the feeling of his hand taking hers, the way her fingers shook even in his grasp, the feeling of his fingertips, strong, warm, holding her as though he somehow had a right.

Crimson eyes stared at where he held her, the simmering anger manifesting in the form of the Force in her veins once more, though this time she had no retaliate so readily. "You must either be stupid. Or you have a death wish." Her words were simple, and her voice was low to convey the seriousness of her mood. Her eyes rose to find his own and narrowed further - a warning for him to unhand her.

"You saw what happened to the last man that touched me. Your fate will be no different unless you unhand me this instant." As she stared at him with a silent challenge, seconds clashing together, she had a moment to ponder what it was he had said. “It’s nothing to be ashamed of.” He was, obviously, unfamiliar with Chiss and their beliefs.

It was a travesty in the eyes of her peers that she had been born attuned to the Force. And worse still that none of the surgeries had severed her connection to it.

"You have a lot of audacity to speak about things you know nothing about. Now, let go of me." They both knew exactly what she had done a moment ago, and what she was threatening to do again if he did not remove his hand from her person.​

T E S T

TTDQpON

Asha’bell’anar Asha’bell’anar

Rann smiled at the blue skinned, red eyed woman before him, and pulled his head back.

“Okay fine, I will not touch you. You’re right, I don’t have any idea why you’re afraid of your power. It’s a gift. It can be used to save lives, kill your enemies… or get out of tight spots. Like this.” He lifted his hand that he had pulled back slightly, lifting the woman off the ground slightly, not enough to cause discomfort but enough to evoke action.

“Use your power. Free yourself.” Rann instructed, the smile on his face hardening into a stern scowl. “Don’t hide from who you are.” He finished.

Inside, he was giddy. He couldn’t wait to see what she did, what she could do.​

Asha'bell'anar could not explain the sensations that went through her being; the goosebumps that littered her skin, or the chill that ran through her bones. The caress of the Force was gentle but wild; it held the promise of a different tomorrow, of something more than she could hope to be without it. And he had so much control of the Force - could easily crush her. It intrigued her, frightened her, excited her.

But she was also angry.

"How dare you."

He had ignored the warning and demanded she free herself - so she would. It was like a tidal wave churning out at sea, and then it came crashing to the shore. Bella relished in the feeling, the rush, the adrenaline, the power, as she threw her hand out at him, not touching him, but sending a push of the Force right at his chest.

Bella had wanted to break bones - to make him hurt - though she might have been too weak to accomplish such a feat. The man would find her strong enough to at least push him back a foot or two so that he would drop her. And the moment her feet hit the ground she had advanced on him, angry and unafraid.

"You have a lot of audacity." she snapped harshly, with a voice so slow and words said through clenched teeth. Her hand raised, came back down quickly, open-palm and splayed-fingers finding his cheek, slapping him with enough force to leave an imprint of her hand.

"I am not some low-rent woman you can bully because you find it amusing. And I am not a damsel in distress that will cry when threatened. If you dare touch me again I will leave you with stumps for hands."​

T E S T

rann.png

WEARING:

TAG: Asha’bell’anar Asha’bell’anar

Rann stumbled back a couple steps as she pushed him and smiled wide, ignoring her anger.

“Yes!” He cheered with excitement, clapping his hands. “Yes!” He repeated, still giddy as she brought her hand down upon his cheek. It stung and he couldn’t help but involuntarily rub it with his hand, anger rose inside him but he quelled it, he deserved the slap, she didn’t deserve retribution.

“That’s fair.” He said, rubbing his cheek, the smile returning to his face.

“Do you know how hard it is for a novice to push me? Even as little as that? Oh man. You’re full of potential.” He smiled and shook his head, “I am sorry about that. I had to see how strong you were and I had a feeling you wouldn’t show me unless threatened.” He shrugged and looked at her apologetically, “I’m really sorry. Well. I’m not, I meant to do it. But, I, hmm.” He stopped, trying to find the words.

“I won’t touch you again, I promise. Not with my hands or the Force. I didn’t mean to bully you, or make you uncomfortable. You’re very special, I don’t understand why you would hide that. Or be ashamed of it. I don’t know much of your people, but you are… impressive. And you can be so much more. I don’t think you should hide that power.”

He held a hand out again for a handshake, “I’m Rann, and I am very pleased to meet you.”

Last edited:

His words served to bolster the annoyance raging through her until the sound of his voice was muffled behind the blood rushing behind her ears, and the wildly thumping heart but Asha'bell'anar refused to be lost in it. To do so would lead her down a dangerous path. Potential, he said. Bella almost scoffed out loud. I'm sorry, he continued, and this time she allowed the sound to be heard. When the hand was offered she refused it, instead, she crossed her arms against her chest and narrowed crimson eyes into a glare.

"Don't fake apologies." She said, her tone harsh, as though she was scolding a child that had been caught doing the wrong thing. "You were not sorry when you took my hand without permission. You were not sorry when you ignored my request for you to let go of me. You have no apologies when you forced the outcome you wanted. I doubt very much you are sorry for these things." This man had purposely put her into a position that compromised her secrets. Why? Because he wanted the truth? Because he thought she had potential? Bella had no doubt that he would not apologize for that. In fact, he seemed rather pleased with the result and that made her standoffish.

Perhaps even worried now that he had seen the truth about what she hid.

She did not know him and he did not know her. But now, in only a few minutes, he had unearthed the worst skeleton from her closet. And it had set her on edge. "You are right. You do not understand anything. I am not ashamed of who I am but this is not a blessing, Rann--" she purposely spoke his name without yet giving hers, holding into the idea that it gave her some form of authority over him "--it is a death sentence."

There were worse things that could happen to a person than being killed. Bella had suffered because of her connection with the Force. She had been forced to endure a dozen surgeries through her childhood in an attempt to sever that connection, and when it proved impossible, she had been sworn to secrecy. And while it was true that she enjoyed the high of touching the Force, of being strong and unstoppable, it came at a high cost.

Tag: Asha’bell’anar Asha’bell’anar

“Not here.” He said, pulling his hand back and gesturing around them.
“Not in the wider galaxy. I don’t know much of Chiss culture, but an advantage is an advantage, no? You could use this power to help your people. Especially now.” He put a hand in his hip and let the other dangle, lazily using it to animate his words with movement. “If you could use your power, your gift or your curse… however you want to define it. If you could use it to help…would you not want to? Is the hate they would feel for you helping them worth more then their survival and prosperity?” After he finished speaking he crossed his arms in front of him, and his face hardened.

“I don’t think now is the time for a Chiss to neglect an advantage—any advantage. And while I don’t quite understand, I can sympathize. My own power was made to be just a tool for my own family where I come from. I was judged by what I could provide. I wasn’t special. I wasn’t a hero, or better than. I was just a tool. But then I stopped letting other people define my worth.”

“So I get it. You grew up being told your connection was the thing that made you not worth a damn.I grew up being told my connection was the only thing that made me worth a damn. But if it can help… if it can save people, or make you strong… why not? Especially now?”

Not here.

She had been partway through turning away from him, intent on leaving this planet and the idiocy she had encountered, when he spoke and she had halted. as though glued in place. Bella was, for a moment, struck motionless by his audacity; her emotions raging against her logic. Crimson eyes narrowed as she turned back to face him, arms raising to cross against her chest. "Do you understand what you asking of me?" Bella did not think that he did. Was she interested in the prospect of power - yes. Had she dreamed of the day she could be herself and not hide - yes. Did that change the outcome of anything - no. Force sensitivity among Chiss, especially her own family, was a betrayal of the worse kind and if she were to embrace it, she would be shunned, exiled and hunted.

"They would not be thankful for that help given the circumstances of how they received it. And they would not be grateful that I defied years of culture and a way of life by embracing the Force." She explained to him, her voice lower than before, perhaps even less angry. He did, by his own admission, not know much of Chiss culture. And although the tale about his own history, his own struggle, while resonating, it didn't stir enough of a response from her. Bella moved to stand in front of him, arms still crossed, staring up at him. "You are asking me to turn my back against my people. Against everyone and everything, I have ever known and loved. You are asking me to willingly be exiled."

She should have walked away then. Asha'bell'anar knew better than to let her thoughts get the better of her. But she stayed in the spot staring up at him. "If you want me to do these things, you're going to need to give me a better reason than sad stories and the hope of helping people that will not appreciate it."

How had she allowed herself to be talked into this?

That question had come to mind time and time again over the past few weeks. Rann had found her living a dark life of secrets and lies, practically numb to the gift of the Force that she had been born with - the gifts she had been shunned for. And it seemed that the longer she spent in Rann's company, the more she seemed to question her parents, her culture, and her own fear. It annoyed her how his words had wormed into her thoughts. Still, he had sparked a measure of curiosity within her and that was what had, perhaps, led her to agree to let him take her under his wing and train her.

That and perhaps the desire to be more than what she already was - to be someone great without fear of what the galaxy would think of her upon learning the truth. With a sigh, she pushed these thoughts from her mind and took a deep breath to steady herself as she focused, letting her mind go silent. Bella was seated on the floor cross-legged, eyes closed but very much aware of what was around her as she let herself truly feel the Force. and it was incredible.

'Rann.'
Her lips did not move but he would hear the words. 'What are the plans for today?'

He had been training her to be stronger and as the minutes rolled into minutes and the minutes into days she found herself to be less annoyed by his presence and instead had begun to enjoy the moments they spent together. Though their first meeting had been less than favourable, Rann was not a bad man, and she had been too rash in her first impression of him.

Teaching was never something Rann could ever see himself doing. At least....not well. But here a student of his sat in the middle of the room meditating and Rann could not help to be proud. Proud of himself, sure. It was hard to not feel some sort of pride in his teachings...but he was even more so proud of her. She was progressing quickly, throwing herself into her studies and training. When she wanted to do something, she did it. She didn't do half-measures. She worked. One hundred and ten percent, for everything. Even now, even as he lean in the doorway with his arms crossed, a smile tugging at his lips as he watched her, he could feel her presence in the Force, focusing on it's mysteries, and still while doing that had the presence of mind to ask Rann what came next.

She never rested on her laurels.

Rann loved that about her, but he found that it made broaching the subject of spending time together a bit more difficult. He didn't want to feel he was wasting her time... but they both had to eat, right?

When was the last time we had a good, proper meal? He asked, likewise speaking through the Force, Let's go out. Eat somewhere fancy. We can always train your mind tricking ability while we're at it. Or, if you'd rather, we could go take a walk somewhere quiet, take that time to build up your telekinetics a bit more. Up to you.

Perhaps, it wasn't the most orthodox method of instruction, but Rann liked the journey being something they took together versus him dictating what her path was. Either way, the training was just...a valid excuse.

He was very sure she saw right through him, but he couldn't stop smiling anyway.

OnderonEmblem_1.png

Lips twitched ever so slightly at the feeling of his voice within her mind, like butterfly wings brushing against an invisible barrier. It was a sensation that made her skin shiver with goosebumps, strange, but not unwelcome. It was now that crimson eyes drew open to stare at him from where she was seated, her gaze intense and somewhat... quizzical. If she was not mistaken... he had just asked her out.

Really she could not blame him. Bella was the personification of many a man's fantasies, and quite a few women's also. She knew this and often used it to her advantage. She was eloquently spoken, sophisticated and confident, and she had just enough mystery to keep suitors interested. It was a dangerous game to play with a woman like her; a game she rarely lost. But as she continued to stare at Rann, her eyes tracing the smile worn on his lips, she thought perhaps, or rather assumed that she was mistaken.

"A meal sounds like a wonderful idea." Her voice was level, giving away nothing of her thoughts, though he'd likely be able to glean the information from her mind should he so desired. Asha held a hand toward him, her gaze locked with his, her expression expectant, as she waited for him to help her.

The relationship between Rann and Asha was not a traditional Master/Student one. Rann never looked at Asha as a student to be taught or instructed and he didn't treat her as one. Similarly, Asha did not treat Rann as a Master. Certainly never called him one. The arrangement was more of a business one, then fulfilling some ancient tradition of Master and Apprentice.

So it didn't surprise Rann at all when she held her hand out, expecting Rann to help her to her feet. There was no subservience to him, Rann just so happened to be the one of the two of them that had been trained in the Force. She did not grovel, she knew her worth. Rann loved it. He knew she didn't need him to help her up. But if she was going to ask for it, he would give it too her.

With a small chuckle he pushed off the doorway and took a step towards her, taking her hand in his and pulling her to her feet firmly.

"Then let's go!" He said with a smile, letting go of her hand after she had reached her feet. Stepping aside, he bowed his head ever so slightly and gestured for her to go ahead of him with an arm extended.

"No choice, though," he was quick to include. "I'm an expensive date. Only the best for me, which means only the best for you. So the top rated restaurant planet side--and you're going to acquire it for us." He raised his head to look at her, meeting her eyes. "This is still training, after all. Tonight's lesson is a test, and that test is feed us."

The restaurant he had in mind had a wait-list several weeks long. And here they were trying to go tonight. It wouldn't be too difficult to get this done, it was hardly like breaking into a bank or entering a Royal Palace, but Rann was sure that Asha would accomplish it, and add in her own flair in doing so.

OnderonEmblem_1.png

There was an undeniable air of arrogance about her when he had not left her sitting on the floor. Her skin prickled with goosebumps as their fingers touched - they were warm, she noticed, not cold. He'd used his natural hand as opposed to the metal one. It might not have seemed like much but it was something that she noticed, something that she pondered over. Bella wondered for a moment if this had been a deliberate decision. She wondered if his mental arm was joined with his nervous system. Did he feel with it? Or was that why there were times he prefered the one of flesh and bone?

Her lips pulled into a faint smile as crimson hues took in the sight of him now that she was standing, her mind mulling over the words he spoke. Bella understood what he wanted of her - to use her talents to acquire them a table at a rather exclusive restaurant. There were a dozen ways that she could have done so. She could have dressed in a sheer dress as she had done so before, allowing the patrons to enjoy brief glimpses of her body, holding their attention with the promise of more. She could have paid her way, after all her family was affluent and well known among the galaxies.

Somehow she doubted these options would satisfy him.

"As you wish."

These had been her only words as she moved past him, leading the way to the exit. There had been no point in dawdling, after all, time was a precious gift. It did not take long for them to traverse to the restaurant's location. The blue-skinned woman continued to lead their way, making a point of moving past those still waiting in line until she stood before the hostess' stand, confident that Rann would keep pace with her.

Manicured nails thrummed impatiently upon the stand as hushed whispers were heard around the duo, many of them displeased. Bella made a point to draw attention to them - to stand out and make sure they were noticed. And when the hostess arrived, the look in Bella's crimson hues was a dangerous one. "You've kept us waiting." She stated, not allowing the other woman an opportunity to greet them. Her mind was working quickly to figure out exactly how to pull this off as her understanding of the Force was still that of a novice.

"I'm sorry ma'am. As you can see we're very busy and there is quite the line ahe-"

"I don't care about the line. I have a reservation and I wish to be seated."

"I see. Can you tell me the name it would be under?"

Bella scoffed aloud, continuing the charade. "Asha'bell'anar"

"I'm afraid don't see a reservation under that name."

"Well look again. My name is there."

This time her tapping fingers had moved with purpose, a subtle movement before the hostess - Rann would notice, and he would understand. Bella's head pounded as her breath caught in her throat, her entire being focused upon the hostess, reaching for her mind with the Force, concentrating on persuading the woman that she indeed had a reservation. Bella watched the woman's face twist in a mixture of emotions, most notably confusion. She was silent for a number of minutes, flicking through the pages of the evening's reservations before sighing in exasperation.

"I do apologize, it appears your booking was misplaced. However, we have a table open for two if you'd follow me."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom