Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private A Meeting Foretold-[DoS]

Kathal

K
The Darkhold was cold today, though this was nothing unusual. Located high up in the mountains of Icarus, near the outskirts of the Three Fold Lands, the Darkhold sat at the very peak of Mergoth Shul, the Leviathan Temple that Kathal oversaw as a Shaman within the Scions of the Truth. The Darkhold served as Kathal's personal domain, where even the Neophytes that journeyed to Mergoth Shul were not allowed to enter. The Eskarion Guard, the personal protectors of Kathal, stood in eternal vigil at every entrance to the Darkhold, and many arrogant or foolish Neophytes had found themselves beaten down by the burning maces of the Guard.

Within the Darkhold, Kathal had his own personal chambers, four additional chambers set aside for his students or guests, and a private library he had built over his lifetime. Pitiful in size compared to the vast archives at the Mountain, or in the Palace of Shadows, but meaningful to Kathal. Only he and his students had ever seen the contents of that library. A small training theater was built within the Darkhold for Kathal to train his chosen students away from the other Neophytes, and a small dining hall with a single, round table within. No room in the Darkhold had any fireplace for warmth in it, and one could always see their breath as they traversed through its halls, but Kathal liked it that way. He had been born in the highlands of Icarus, and the cold had been his constant companion. He was used to it, so his students would learn to be as well.

dan-schutt-dd-8-30-20.jpg

Dominating the center of the Darkhold was the walkway leading to the Shaman Throne, Kathal's seat of power and the place he passed judgement on those who entered his audience. It was here that Neophytes would present their newly forged Nevarak Blade to the Shaman. Once tested, Kathal would grant the student his blessing to depart Mergoth Shul, and begin their journey to the final school on their path to join the Scions of the Truth. Today though, a different kind of audience had been called for. At the far end of the throne room, brass doors were swung open by two Eskarion Guards to allow entry for two young women, though they were not there yet. They were on their way, Kathal had been told.

One was Crysis, his first student, and closest of allies within the Scions of the Truth, and the greater Dominion of Shadows. Thought lost to him so long ago, her reappearance had been a blessing from Typhojem. They had journeyed together on several missions since her return to the fold, and Kathal had overseen her further training and growth. One day, she would become a warriors unparalled in the galaxy he was certain. The enemies of the Dominion and Scions would fall before her blades, and the galaxy would know her name and quake in fear at the smallest rumor of her coming.

The other was Adilya Solveig, recently renamed to Maraimei. She was a young convert to the religion of the Scions of the Truth and Dominion, though the ferocity of her faith was hard to match. She had joined Kathal during the retrieval of a relic stolen by a minor Hutt Lord on Nar Shadda. In the burning embers of the Hutts palace, Kathal had seen a sign from Typhojem, he was certain, of the name he had chosen for Adilya to take as she committed herself to the cause of the Scions. She had been brought back to Icarus with Kathal, and taken to the Darkhold to rest and be treated for her time alone in the galaxy. The best doctors on Icarus had ensured she was up to proper health, and given clothing fitting one of the Maelis, the chosen students of the Shaman's.

Both of Kathal's Maelis had been summoned, and he now awaited for their arrival. Seated on the throne, black robes pooled around him, and light blonde hair resting around him, he waited for the first sound of approaching footsteps.

Crysis Crysis Adilya Solveig Adilya Solveig

High Mountains of Mergoth Shul

The Darkhold

Kathal Crysis Crysis
Darkness, it was like an all consuming fire that had no end in sight. There are those that say, darkness is merely the absence of light, but they had never seen eternal darkness... they had never seen the one that was darkness incarnate. Her body float freely within her sensory deprivation chamber, which had been filled with bacta fluid -- the many years of malnourished agony and untreated cuts and wounds had taken their toll on the young woman. When she met the one that hearkened unto her, and her... rebirth occurred, her body all but gave out on her due to the extra strain in discovering her latent abilities. In her dreams, there were two distinct voices she could make out -- Kathal. This man, no ordinary man, but a visionary- not only spoke true wisdom but, carried out the will of Typhojem, the Father of all Darkness... this man, she swore fealty too and was willing to be a vessel for him, to be used for the furthering of Typhojem's glory. The second voice -- once soft and just on the cusp of any hearing was now a strong, steely voice in her mind, her heart -- her soul; Typhojem had touched her very being and she had opened herself fully to him... and so -- Miraimei was born... and deep within, she felt the flame that he had blessed her to carry, a torch to light the way for those that needed their eyes open to his truth.

Beep -- Beep -- Beep -- Beep -- Beep
:: Restoration Cycle Complete -- Processing... Processing...::
:: Draining Sensory Tank..... Draining... Draining...::

Several nurses began to make their way over to the tank as it's shell opened with a hiss. Upon fully opening, there lie a fully rejuvenated Adilya... no longer did her body look as frail as it once had, but the tone seemed healthier. The staff now moved rather quickly, covering her immodest form, they began to check her vitals... Adi tossed and turned as they removed lines and the tubes that helped her breath, coughing and moaning heard as her ears rung violently from the full sensory input she was now receiving. Several members of staff began injecting her body with several vial's and hyposprays to ensure she received the nutrients she'd not received for sometime, they all knew Kathal would kill those that failed to take care of his newest apprentice, anxiousness filled the air. The head nurse stepped towards Adi, clearing her throat and speaking.

"Lady Miraimei...can you hear me? I need to make sure you can, and I need more than just a grunt."

Annoyance was the emotion Adi felt at the question from the lady, feeling as if she were implying she was mute, or incompetent and spoke to her in such a way. Swallowing a few times and getting her saliva back in her mouth, she spoke rather hoarsely. "You think me some commonplace person? I suggest watching how you ask your inquiries." She spoke with chagrin... a bead of sweat now breaking out onto the woman's forehead as she submissively bowed her head, her voice stammering now.

"I-I... I mean't no disrespect my lady.... I simply wanted to ensure you were at peak health... I will, my lady, forgive me."

Adi simply waved her hand as she rested her head back down onto the table... truth be told, she was groggy, regardless of how much stronger she'd felt. The staff helped her up, and began aiding her in robing her, her clothing tailor-made just for her, a gift from Kathal. The staff -- upon finishing, gently tied an embroidered and exquisite eye covering onto her head, she'd felt like she was back at her old stead -- people waiting on her hand and foot, it felt... nice, only now, they feared her, they obeyed her. This was power. Several moments would pass by again, the head nurse coming back to Adi, speaking once again, this time in a much more respectable manner.

"My Lady Miraimei... Lord Kathal requests your presence in his throne room... do you require a guide m'lady?"

A twisted grin formed gently onto Adi's lips. "I like your tone this time -- but no, i require no guide. He will guide my footsteps. Now... take your staff and leave me." The woman bowing simply came to an about face and quietly departed the room with the remaining staff. Bracing herself on the side of the bed, Adi lifted up and off of it, now standing onto her own two feet. Her hands came up slightly as she gripped her own hands, flexing them, her feet flexing as well was she allowed her body to move, it had been a long time since she'd felt this empowered, she would need to be sure to thank him for the care she'd received. Registering now the thought of Kathal once again, she focused on her surroundings -- and allowed her own presence to reach out and expand. The place she was now in was vast and expansive for a building, but he was easily located -- there was no mistaking his presence. Willing her body to move, her feet began to move as she quietly and silently moved out of the room and down the hallways, allowing the cover of the shadows and dimly lit hallways to cover her arrival.

"In Darkness, I find the Path." Adi spoke as her hands freely moved along the brick walls, the young woman slowly walking down the hall, her voice echoing within the corridors, distorting and changing in pitch. "On my Path, I found Revelation." Whispers followed the woman, nestling around her, strengthening her resolve as she walked closer towards Kathal's presence. "With Revelation, I Find Purpose - and - In Purpose, I Find Truth." Now walking down the pathway that led directly to the throne, her voice would softly echo once again. "The Truth shall guide my Destiny -- for in my wanderings i was undone, but you found me and made me whole. Therefore, I will all the more praise your name, Typhojem." Stopping now in front of Kathal, Adi bowed her head reverently. "My Lord.... you summoned me? How might I serve you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom