Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Matter of Honor

"Don't make me chase you!" Pylon yelled as the Zabrak male flipped the bar table that separated them, and inevitably ran out the back door of the canteena. Pylon cursed inside his helmet before vaulting over the newly created obstacle, and out into the harsh Iridonian sun. His ultrachrome boots pounding hard on the red dirt road, through the city streets, hot on the trail of his bounty. The orange skinned Zabrak running like a mad man for his life, went by the name of Skurch...something or other, and was wanted for drug smuggling on several systems, racking up a rather impressive bounty for such a common crime.

At least impressive enough to get The Silver Hawk on his scent.

It didn't take Pylon long to track the mark back to his home planet, and from there it was as simple as breaking the right digits on the right people in the right places. Location mattered, for this sort of thing. After a few fingers and a couple of identical Iridonia dwellings, Zerga found his target trying to unload the rest of his stash at a local bar. Typical move for an insect. They retreat to their hives, and try to distribute their ill-gotten gains.

As the chase through the streets began, Skurch tried to simply outrun his Mandalorian pursuer. Not a bad call, considering most Mando Bounty Hunters relied on their heavy beskar'gam armor, making running difficult. For most. What the ill prepared Zabrak hadn't counted on, was Pylon's own custom, Ultrachrome composite armor, a much lighter material, fitted to him in a hardened bodysuit. The custom gear made it much easier for Pylon to glide across the ground, quickly gaining on his prey. A simple feat, even without the Force.

What else the Zabrak was likely counting on, was the fact that his Bounty was real specific that he was wanted alive in order to stand trial. Apparently, not being guilty enough meant that Bounty Hunters, such as Zerga, couldn't use lethal force when apprehending their targets. This would be Skurch's second mistake, as to thinking that meant a damn to Pylon.

As Skurch rounded a corner, catching the silver clad warrior hot on his trail in his peripherals, he panicked and grabbed the nearest woman to him, tossing her behind him in attempt to have her collide with his pursuer. This would be his final mistake, endangering citizens. Pylon lowered his head and opened his arms, wrapping them around the Zabrak woman, pivoting on his feet to carry his momentum, spinning around the woman and letting her pass by him harmlessly.

"I gotta take this guy out before he hurts someone! Or worse, gets away!" he thought, reaching into a small holster on his kama, pulling out a small, oddly shaped flat device. With a quick flick of his wrist, the oversized handle folded out into a wide V, with one of the edges humming to life as it vibrated to ultrahigh frequencies. The strange "vibro-rang" was cocked back behind Pylon's head before being flung forward with blinding speed, arcing from his hand to collide directly on the side of the Zabrak's face, knocking him forward and sending several chunks of horn fragments (and possibly teeth) clattering to the ground, falling directly into a street vendor selling grilled sticks of unidentifiable meat.

"Ohhh! That's gotta hurt!" Pylon mocked in a cheery tone, catching up to his quarry easily as he attempted to recover from the definite concussion, writhing in pain as several of the wooden kebab stakes skewered and pierced all over his body, like an unfortunate animal that ran face first into a cactus plant. After a slide along the ground to slow him down, Pylon grabbed onto Skurch and forced the male onto his belly, folding his arms roughly behind his back, and digging a hard, sharp edge of his ultrachrome shin plate into the man's spine, causing him to scream even more in agony.

"AAUGH!!! ENOUGH! I SURRENDER! STOP! STOP! i GIVE!" Skurch cried, writhing under the Mandalorian's knee, howling in pain like an animal about to be delivered the killing blow. Oddly, bright orange colored blood dripped down his face, and several of his cranial horns had been chipped off at odd angles. "Fierfek. That Vibro-rang really rung his bell! I'll have to make more of those!" he thought as he ripped a long line of fibercord from his right gauntlet, wrapping it around his target's wrists and ankles like he was a wild banthaa.

"Ugh! Lay off Mando-scum! That's too tight!" Skurch hissed, before yelping loudly as Pylon forced his head down into the dirt.
"Oh shove it! I told you not to make me chase you! Now look at you! Tied and skewered up like a juicy hunk of...." Zerga trailed off at he took a closer look at the bits of grilled meat hanging to the side of Skurch's face. "Um...Whatever it is you people eat." He summed up dismissively.

After his target was properly secured, Pylon went through the regular protocol of searching him for weapons. A quick pat down was more then enough to pull out several blades, bags of glitterdust, and an illegally modified blaster tucked into the male's tunic. "Ohh, what have we got here? Goody bags! You brought enough for me, my wife, and half the dancing girl's we plan to share it with!" Pylon chuckled as he tucked the bags into one of the various pouches on his belt, followed by the confiscated weapons.

Inside the protected and climate controlled sanctum of his helmet, Pylon breathed deeply on the cooled air supply, struggling to catch his breath. He was thankful for the luxuries of his armor, though the strain of strenuous physical actions without aid of the Force did sometimes get to him. He would have to keep that in mind next time he had to take chase, and sacrifice his pride a little and call upon his innate gift.

"Come on man, at least pull these kriffing sticks out of my face!" Skurch cried, once again squirming around in protest.
"What, you're face didn't already look like that? I thought that was some tribal thing you Iridnonians did. But forgive me, I'm just some ignorant Mando scum. I don't know much about inferior warrior cultures." Pylon spat back, pushing harder into his captive's back until he heard a loud pop, followed by a low, guttural moan of pain.

Pylon finally pushed himself up to a knee, then rose with a heavy boot firmly implanted in the Zabrak's lower spine, directly on his hands. With a quick click of his teeth, Pylon opened a private Comlink channel to Kara, who was flying in low orbit, awaiting his call. "Alright, Kara, i got the chakaar. Bring the ship around to my coordinates. And hurry, i think i may have ticked off the locals." He explained, reaching to the sword on his back as he noticed the growing crowd of Iridonians gathering around him, each with a face of rage and disgust.

"What? Is it something I said?" He asked dryly, realizing exactly where this was going as he slowly drew his long, single edged blade from it's pivoted, hard sheath.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Not exactly boy. It's more something you did." The crowd kept their distance from [member="Pylon Zerga"] as they didn't want to mess with someone throwing weapons through a market street. It certainly wasn't appreciated, let alone legal. They harbored their anger on their faces, glaring at the Mandalorian as he took one of their own. Regardless of Skurch's crimes it was something the Iridonian's wanted their government to handle, not some bounty hunting dog.

Yet the man who spoke was clearly different from the rest. A man dressed in simple leathers with bright red and blue cloth was sitting at the ruined stall Pylon had knocked the criminal in. There was a mess of meat, tea, and other food accompaniments scattered everywhere yet the figure was completely clean as he continued to sip at the tea he had gotten just before the sudden destruction. He didn't look over to the Mandalorian, but continued to speak none the less.

"You come here and cause trouble, destroy the livelihood of the people here, and when opposed drew a weapon. You're a guest on this planet, Mando, and you should have some manners."

Slowly the older man set down his tea cup, standing from his seat finally to look at Pylon. As he did, various gasps from the onlookers were easily heard as they began to whisper among themselves about who this man was. On his hip was the only visible weapon he owned, a sword, which he casually rested his hand upon. "So, will you surrender yourself and accept your punishment for these crimes?"

The crowd seemed to gasp and slowly ripple outward as a voice spoke over the hushed whispers. Pylon quickly turned to see who was addressing him, his cybernetic eye falling upon the man causally sipping tea, only milliseconds before his biological one. As soon as he stood up, Zerga's hyper alertness had him fixating on the strange, ornate blade on his hip,

A groan of annoyed agony was amplified by Pylon's helmet, showing just how little he cared for anything the man was saying to him. These sort of things happened all the time; some village elder or concerned citizen trying to stand up for the local dirtbag, only having to wind up with a bloodied nose or battered pride.

"Ugh, fierfek! There's always one. Look here, old man." He demanded as he brought his left arm across his body, causing a ghostly blue outline of a large, official looking shield and crest, with a sprawling wall of text following underneath it. Anyone who understood such an official holobadge would recognize it immediately.

"This states that I am a fully licensed Bounty Hunter, recognized as an independent agent, able to operate with impunity on any planet that an Intergalactic Criminal, with a recognized bounty, may be residing. And Skurch here?" Pylon suddenly slammed a hard, sharp heel into Skurch's back to make him squeal again loudly.

"Skurch likes to go to school districts on other planets and sell deathsticks to kids. Get 'em hooked young, then he sells his customer base to the highest bidder, before jumping off planet and doing the same thing, all over again. I don't think I have to tell you who the 'highest bidder' in these situations usually is..." he growled, barely able to control his obvious contempt. He let his final words hang in the air for a few seconds, letting the gravity and depravity sink in for everyone listening, before finally closing the holoprojection.

Usually flashing a badge, (even if it was a fake) and yelling out a bounties accusations was enough to make most mobs back off. Not always the Would-Be-Good-Samaritan, but that was alright. Pylon was able to handle one man with a sword. An entire mob, however, would have proved difficult.

"So, simply put, no. I won't be surrendering, because I haven't committed any crime, and I damn sure won't be accepting any 'punishment'. Not today. Not on this planet. Not from you. Now step out of my way, and go back to your kreffing tea." He hissed, swinging his blade down quickly and sharply to slice through the air, barely scraping along the ground to stop just at Skurch's throat, more of a warning to him than anyone else.

Krest leaned over to inspect the holobadge closely, idly rubbing his chin as he did so. "Hmm, it is true this man is scum. He should indeed be arrested and taken to face his punishment for his misdeeds." Of course the man agreed with justice and due course. Skurch was a criminal, and like all criminals he should face his trial and take his punishment like a man. Around them the crowd did back off, many muttering among themselves about the accusations and if it was right for them to even try to stop [member="Pylon Zerga"] from doing what was technically right. A few even turned to leave, letting the situation be handled by the rest.

They all paused as their king continued to speak.

"But, Mandolorian, you have committed a crime. There is no license in this galaxy that allows you to do what you want on any planet. Any bounty hunter worth their salt knows that they either have to follow the rules on the planet they're on, or break them and either get away before they're caught or just do so unnoticed by the law. I have already listed out your crimes. Assault, destruction of property." He paused as the sword was brought down, making no move to stop the attack against the helpless Skurch. When the blade stopped just shy of killing the man Krest simply shrugged.

"Attempted murder. This is your last warning, Madolorian. Surrender, or as King of this world I will sentence you to death and take your head myself."

The veteran Zabrak was unwilling to listen to reason, it seemed. The crowd's reaction told Pylon all he needed to know about the situation-- it was serious. While several members of the gathering audience seemed to be fine with letting the Bounty Hunter remove such unwanted filth from their ranks, others seemed to rally behind their local champion, nodding with the elder as he spoke.

Pylon was about to spring into action, growing tired of the same debate he heard almost everywhere, before the man started levying numerous allegations against him, even going so far as to throw on "attempted murder", but what really stopped Zerga was one little claim. King. A bold claim, but not exactly one Pylon could say for certain was true or false. If this man was really the King of Iridonia, Pylon knew no matter the outcome of the fight, laying his hands on royalty wasn't something the planet would take lightly.

The man had a point, considering Pylon was considered a 'guest' upon the planet, though that didn't mean he shouldn't do his job. This seemed to be less about the supposed 'crimes' being committed, and more of an issue of Pride of the so called "King"...but Pylon had his pride too.

"Now now, no need to get testy, your Highness. If this is about credits for the stall, I'll gladly pay for it. Here," He smirked, using his freehand to reach into a pouch on his belt, tossing several credit chips to the ground. Worth probably the cost of anything Pylon had even touched on the planet, at least three times over. "That's more than enough. Use that to soften the blow, because either way, Skurch is coming with me. Take the money, King, and step aside, because I'm walking out of here. Either past you, or through you."

Money? The Zabrak tilted his head at the credits, peering down for a moment before glancing back up to [member="Pylon Zerga"] with a slight grin. "That's right. Mandolorians sell their pride and honor to the highest bidder." In a quick motion the King drew his blade, the green edge of a lightsaber erupted along it's length. In the same motion as his draw he swung for Pylon with a simple slash in his right hand in a diagonal cut upwards from Pylon's left side. An opener to say the least, to show the Mando that there was no way to just buy his way off world.

The Zabrak male shot out one final jab at the Bounty Hunter over honor before finally drawing his blade and attacking. In a flash of green, his seemingly simple curved blade ignited with the familiar hum of a lightsaber blade. Pylon's left eye widened in surprise as the attack sliced through the air, propelled by unnatural speed and trained precision.

He allowed his instincts and training to take over, the Force guiding his actions. With a single, fluid movement, Zerga dragged his left foot along the ground, spinning himself as he brought his own blade up in front of his body with his left arm bracing along the spine, blocking the path of the King's sword.

As soon as the Mandalorian Iron and laser edge blade collided in a deafening clash of metal, ringing through the streets. Pylon cursed under his breath. The King's unique sword impacted along his blade, recoiling slightly from the sheer, inhuman force carried behind it. Using his free, left hand, Pylon pushed back against the clash, using the raw power of his full body and amplified cybernetic prosthetic sword arm.

Through gritted teeth, Pylon pushed back against the blade, before angling his left wrist past the blocked weapons, dropping his fist, quickly firing two, sharpened darts connected to ultra-conductive wires directly at the Zabrak's chest. The taser line crackled to life, sending hundreds of thousands of amps at the combatant, intending to disable him quickly.

With amazing flexibility and martial prowess, Pylon then lifted his right leg high to his chest, before kicking out at the side of the King's head, aimed "toe-to-temple", amplified by a powerful blast of Force energy wrapped around his foot, prepared to detonate on contact. The unpredictable and advanced Force Kick technique was usually enough to stun even the most determined of combatants, executed with one of the many Echani style Martial Arts his wife Kara had taught him. While Kara's particular variation was designed to break a man's neck in full Mandalorian Armor, Pylon's take on the technique focused on quickly rending a target unconscious.

After all, the man's claims about being a King were true, Pylon figured it would be best to err on the side of caution, and attempt to end the fight as non-lethally as possible.

The aged Zabrak tilted his head curiously as [member="Pylon Zerga"] caught his strike with one hand. Krest had put enough power behind it to knock away the guard of a regular Mandalorian. Cybernetics, or Force? Either way it seemed the King wasn't just gonna push through as easily as he assumed from how Zerga presented himself. A grin twitched at the ends of his lips as the sudden thrill of danger took hold.

No Iridonian worth their horns would turn down a proper fight.

Krest kept the pressure on Zerga's blade, being sure to keep it pinned and away from the current exchange so he could prepare himself for what ever tricks his foe would pull out. Mandalorians were known for their gear and various tools to keep them on par with even the strongest Jedi, and surprise was often the strongest weapon they had. The Force whispered the threat in the back of his head before he saw it.

A wrist launcher.

The sheath of his sword came free of his waist, the modified wood and steel flashing before his chest just as the bolts launched, narrowly catching the barbed darts and knocking them away from his body in a quick flick of his robotic wrist. His grin only widened. Pylon wouldn't know how truly deadly that would have been had it connected and the thrill of death was something Krest couldn't ignore.

It would be a fool who would take a kick to the temple, whether it was force augmented or not, and the King was no fool. In the same motion he blocked the bolts the base of the sheath snapped up to not block the kick, but knock it up and above the Zabrak's horned skull and perhaps even knock the Mandalorian off balance with the quick movement. Upset balance and your foe becomes an easy target.

Regardless of whether or not the Mandalorian lost his balance the Krest would slip to the mans right, letting the pressure of their clash suddenly drop in another attempt to force the Mando off his center of gravity and swipe not with the sword but the sheath for his armored side, the full strength of the cybernetics behind the altered steel. He might not be able to pierce his armor just yet, but he could certainly batter Pylon beneath it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom