Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Living Memorial [Open to Silvers]

Voss​
Midnight​
Solan sat alone in that garden that he kept for the Silvers, looking at a section he cleared of all planets and what was left was only dirt. It would take him a long time to complete this one and his hand reached into the bag he had brought with him, one containing significantly more of a specific seed than normal. He would carefully spread out the seeds, one for every inch.​
He was creating a memorial, one that would live on without any benefits or drawbacks. It was to be a simple, living memorial for those that had died, something he took the utmost care in preparing as he continued to carefully lay out the seeds in their places. His hands were gentle with each one, careful not to harm the plant before even setting it in the ground. It would probably seem strange to most that he would be this careful with plants but considering the plants he was dealing with, the less mistakes he made, the faster this would be done.​
He would continue until finally sighing, looking down at the seeds that covered this section of the garden, sighing as he thought about this. One seed for every thousand people, and even then there were so many that he knew this would not be a quick process. This would be a patch of blue that would glow at night, one that would continue on through winters and summers without losing their shine or color. Eternal Mourners were their name, a flower he grew in remembrance of the dead and this was one such occasion that they would be needed.​
Taking the crystal he used to amplify his abilities in hand, his body fell into sitting before the garden. Reaching out and touching the first seed, waiting for a link to be established before finally redirecting the flow of the force through him. He didn't draw on it, didn't let it guide him, instead he simply asked for its help in creating something to remember those lost souls by, something the force was more than ready to aid with.​
(OOC, No special purpose for this thread. Just a quick dev for a memorial involving those that died on Korriban.)​

Connor rested his elbows on the walkway behind the garden, leading out from the temple. It was ghostly quiet but at the same time noisy with the planet around them; the large waterfall raging, and nightlife chirping and whistling.

Above them all, a crescent moon shone down.

But Connor was watching Solan at work planting in the memorial garden for those lost on Korriban.

”I wonder how many out there would class this as us trying to cover up our mistakes. This is a nice idea, Solan. Good work.”

He was relaxed, and found great peace when nightfall drew. It was a time for reflection when many ears would be asleep; if Jedi had “out of hours”, it would be now.

”It’s doing my head in, all this. People really are nasty when they want to be. Narrow minded and blind to anything but their own agenda of getting one up against the Jedi.”

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Solan looked over his shoulder as he was about to begin, surprised to see the older man out for a midnight walk.

He had assumed a good deal of the Jedi would be unable to sleep or need to walk more often to think after what happened, but he had assumed that Connor was not one of those who needed to get around and think about what happened. He had spoken words that normally would get a solumn response but instead was greeted with a smile. It was a small one, softly touching Solan's own lips as he looked back at the seeds he would be growing throughout this night. There were alot of them and even with the help of his crystal, it would take a long time to finish this.

"You guys worry too much about the thoughts of others and if what happened was right or wrong. These people... even if their lives were taken from them, they died thinking of those they loved and holding them tight... What happened might have been wrong, and this garden might make it look like you are trying to undo the past and make up for it."

His hand held over the first seed, pushing the force through him.

"But no matter what you do, you can't change the past. Only remember it and learn from it." He smiled at the man as the force moved through his arm and down his hand, dripping and spiraling, reaching down and holding the seed in its embrace as it began to feed it with energy and life, the shell cracking. "And after all, for every death, new life can always be given. So don't beat yourself up too much for an action of someone you could not control."

As Solan spoke, Connor gripped the ivory handrail tight, the bone peeking through the skin with the pressure as he rubbed it slowly, hanging his head at the thought of that – families watching the skies in fear, holding each other, praying it would be over soon, and then incinerated; burned alive. Wiped out.

”But that’s it, they shouldn’t have been taken at all, or holding those they loved or whatever – they expected Jedi to help liberate the wrong from that place, to act as peacekeepers and guardians. Not to bring an orbital bombardment and blow them all to hell.”

He shook his head, puffing out his cheeks and looking to the moon as if for an answer.

”All I care for is those here who will face the bluntness of them out there. Hunted, scorned, judged. All because of Charzon.”

It was quiet, and Connor could only hear Solan tending to the soil and seeds.

”I know it will be alright in the end, but everyone sure is making it harder for us to make things better.”

[member="Solan Charr"]

[member="Connor Harrison"]

"And my question for you then is, will, or if you already did, killing Charzon fix that? Will wiping her out, or even making her feel their pain fix what she did?" He looked over his shoulder as he continued, looking at Connor for a few moments before smiling again and shaking his head.

"The answer is no, and you know how much of a hypocrite i would be if i said that doing such a thing is wrong. Making her suffer is the only thing that has been on my mind since i felt her action, but in the end it would achieve nothing, and only make you all look worse. She was a rogue agent by that time, it was the actions of a woman who saw people as numbers, someone no better than the sith."

His hand drew upwards slightly, his wrist bending a bit and drawing out the first flecks of green from the seed, careful to keep the growth in check so not to destroy the flower before it was even done.

"I am not sure if you know about the events of Makeb back in 837, but back then a creature named Dredge had wiped out its population. The population of the planet contained in that one city snuffed out in a single, complete, bombardment. All with my empathy unchecked and my mental guards down. I learned what it felt like for someone to die, the last thoughts of so many still trapped up here and yet... it lets me understand something. Even in those last moments people found peace. An instant of pain met with peace..."

He was no longer looking in Connor's direction, staring at the growing plant and thinking about it while he talked.

"What would you have done if you had been there beside her? Would you have killed her to stop her from doing that. Would you have murdered her in cold blood to stop this? She was not the only one that had caused this, she only gave the order and yet everyone on that vessel fired upon the city."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom