Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little smash and grab (open)

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
[member="Cadan Tazi"] [member="Ichor"] @Re'shal Ge'tal

Rodia. A wild, jungle-covered world in the backwaters of the galaxy. If Tattooine was the rock criminals went to hide under, Rodia was the jungle criminals looked to hunt in. And hunting was good business. Between the native life, the imported life, and all the weird vong-formed monsters, Rodian safaris and hunting were the tales of legends. And some merchants and dealers plaid a small fortune for the work of native hunters, even if their gear was poached. Exotic wildlife parts were a powerful industry.

And that, that was a prime target for Ash, as well as those present. A wild-eyed Duros with a love for heavy artillery, a Kyuzo mercenary with a fondness for swordsmanship, and a young human Mando who he'd hadn't gotten to hear much about yet. He nodded to the four of them, standing in the cabin of a small stealth vessel.

"The plan," he said with a nod, "is straightforward enough," he gestured at the holographic displays around him. "The owner of the Warehouse is a Rodian Man name Goto. He's a real thuggish type, uses typical mob tactics on the local hunters. While the land around them is formally calimer by the local duchy, Goto extorts his way into all the territory and even has the duke at his beck and call," he said with a nod. "This warehouse is where he hoards loads of quality product. Biological materials, most of which are readily refinable into either spice or weapons," the salient old droid continued, his faux humanity working well with his voice, sounding more like a man who smoke too much than cold, anlyaticl droid. "Long story short, he's got enough kit in there to buy up a small army, and I've got a mind to part him with it before his hold turns into a hassle for the other local nobles."

"So, tonight, we're going to run a basic infiltration. I'll take first point, and use my slicing knack to disable the main security systems. After I knock those down, we should be able to get access to the loading docks without having to fight every goon in a tne Kilometer radius," he said with a nod. "Cadan will take the rear of our loading vehicle, and keep an eye out from a mounted blaster turret on board," he said with a nod. "Re'shal and Ichor will accompnay me and load the product onto the truck, as much as we can fit in our ship," he said as his grin widened. He gesture to a quiet man in a corner, a Gamorrean with a stoic expression, and a thin near-human in a plain black suit. "Rigo will be our getaway driver, and Torva is his bodyguard, to deal with any hostile boarders."

He looked at each of them. "Now that you've got the details, here's the offer. Twenty thousand up front, sixty remaining if we successfully secure the cargo, with the cargo being mine. I'm gonna assume you each have an account I can forward the advance to?" He looked at them expectantly. "I ain't gonna lie, the money's good, but this isn't an easy gig. We're likely gonna get a little bloody, and if it goes sideways, we'll have to get a lot bloody," he said dryly. "If it helps alleviate your conscience, nobody gaurding this fething pile isn't a guard on the take. No one in that building shoudl be innocent, and I don't want collateral damage, either. We move in, get our score, and run like hell. No money in wasting people unless they're trying to put a hole in us, after all," the droid posing as a cyborg said with a hollow, tinny laugh. "Anyone got any qualms, I'd like to hear 'em now."

Cadan rolled his shoulders back, ridding himself of his slauched form. His robotic arm already hovering over the handle of his outdated DL-18. The Spice Lord was already in full combat gear, consisting of his Raven Gauss Rifile, a CZ Wrist-Mounted Flame Projecter on his left forearm, and a MM9 Rocket System was built into his robotic right arm. He his body was cover by Shot Caller Armour. Finally, the Duros was covered with a worn-out brown trench coat, that seemed as though it had been used more for target practice than it did for actual warmth.

"Bloody that much creds for jus' standin' there and watchin' for some idiot with a turret? 'Ell, I done much 'arder for much less." Cadan spoke, his voice showing no sign of fear or excitement. For him, this would just be a job, a rather easy one by the sounds of it. From his coat, Cadan pulled a small syringe filled with a spice of his creation known as 'thrust', he then slowly injected it into his arm. He felt the hit straight away, his fingers started to twitch and his jaw began to clench.

"Never 'urts to be prepared." As Cadan spoke this time, his voice was lifted a little, more excitement seemed to flow through it. He now began to shift his weight between each foot, his jaw clenching and unclenching, same with his fists. To anyone who had known Cadan for long, this would be a normal thing for the Duros, extended abuse of spice had left him practically useless without some form flowing throughout his body.

[member="Ash"]

Ichor was new to the galaxy, in a sense.

Having grown up amid the feuding clovocs of Phatrong, the young Kyuzo had been instilled with an innate sense of honor. More than that, however, were the stories. Stories of valiant and untrustworthy rogues, who would kill for their own self-gain and glory. What was more honorable, after all, than becoming the dashing hero of a story one wrote themselves?

With this on his mind, Ichor found himself among company far less honorable than himself, with weapons considered far less honorable than his own, in the belly of a stealth ship about to perform a dishonorable attack, something his culture would never allow.

Ichor was obviously enjoying himself.

The Kyuzo stood tall, his wide-brimmed war shield shrouding his head and shoulders in shadow, leaving his glowing yellow eyes to poke out from the darkness. His two vibroblades, one across his back, the other strapped to his side, comforted him. His war skirt tumbled down his waist, the red fabric a reminder of his warrior past. His expression was tense with excitement.

Ichor nodded as [member="Ash"] relayed the plan, and his part in it. It seemed simple, routine even, although Ichor doubted it would stay that way. He listened to [member="Cadan Tazi"]'s piece, disinterestedly glancing down to the syringe in the Duros' arm, then back to the seemingly cyborg mastermind of the operation.

"This plan is acceptable." Ichor's words were sharply accented, some syllables too stressed, as if Basic were a new language to the Honorless One. "And the pay is acceptable." He rested a hand on the pommel of his sword, anticipating the adventure on the horizon.

"I am prepared for whatever these abiatti have to throw at us," he said, swearing in his native tongue, a smile behind his breathing mask.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
(OOC: I waited a bit for our third, I even PMed him a couple days back. So we'll start, adn if he jumps in, great. If not, then we'll get some cash out of it.)

[member="Ichor"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

The man in Black watched as the others prepared. The one with the odd hat seemed like a glory chaser--nothing wrong with that. Hell, Ash had been a young thrill-seeker back in the day, but now he had to be sure the newer young guys had someone with experience watching their back.

He then noticed Cadan pull out a syringe. It was far from the first time he'd seen a man in the merc business use a performance enhancer, after all. He nodded to both of them. "Hey, if that how you prep for an op, who am I to stop you? For some folks a fix is a good start, although I prefer to save my vices for the after-party," he said with a chuckle. "Alright, so let's get on the main shuttle. Cadan, get ready, and with any luck, we won't need you to open fire. But, if we're pursued, you'll earn your keep adding some new holes to people."

He wave to Ichor as they got into the transport. "The good news with all this is that these guys are powerful, but they aren't all that quick on the draw, and they've assumed nobody on the planet wants to throw down. Thankfully, they didn't bet on someone off-planet wanting to take them on. Still, keep an eye out. If we have to take the initiative, it'll be a hell of a fight," he said with a grunt as the pilot and bodyguard hopped into the cockpit of the large truck. Ash pulled a datapad out of his jacket, nodding. "Everybody in, it's time to make some money!"

Cadan nodded to the boss throwing down his orders. It was weird to be back to taking orders, especially when he could be giving them to all his men on his ships. Then again, this was just a quick job to earn some credits he may need later on. The Duros cocked his gun and checked the sight, his eyes red, beady eyes widening and dilating from the spice flowing through his system.

"No-one ever complains about becomin' more 'oly." Cadan said with a sly smile. His eyes then crossed to Ichor. "Ain't you ever get worried 'bout the wind liftin' up ya dress?" Cadan continued to smile as he joke with his accomplice.

The Duros moved with speed as he hop in position at the rear. An E-Web blaster had been put in position to help him in taking out anyone who would decide to follow them. Which would be a fatal mistake for anyone who did.

[member="Ash"] [member="Ichor"]

Ichor glanced out of the corner of his eye as the Duros [member="Cadan Tazi"] sent his remark toward him. Ichor smiled under his breath mask, crinkling the edges of his glowing eyes. His deep voice seemed jovial, even light-hearted. "Perhaps. You had better not look up my battle skirt anyways, Tazi, Cadan, as difficut as that may be for you." With the swishing of said battle skirt, the Kyuzo stepped up behind [member="Ash"], the smile gone.

They would be attacking quickly, with little remorse or mercy. Ichor wasn't used to these sorts of attacks, he would much rather prefer to call the guards out for a fair duel, but he understood that piracy didn't care much for fair.

Therefore, neither did he.

Ichor stepped into the truck. He sat cross-legged, even though there was plenty of leg-room. His sandaled feet curled themselves under his skirt, and he waited.

"I am prepared," he said simply, feeling the vibrosword's handle at his waist.

Amarant

Dead Men End All Tales.
(OOC: sorry for the delay, work got crazy)

[member="Ichor"] [member="Cadan Tazi"]

The ghost of Nar Shaddaa chuckled darkly. "You kids have some weird senses of humor. Alright, let me get to work...." he mused as he pulled a tablet out of his jacket. "Okay, once I crack this security system, we'll have about twenty minutes until the reset. Enough time to fill up a truck with trade goods, and then high-tail it. Set your timers, boys, girls, and other sapients, we're about to go shopping."

A series of beeps in binary occurred from the tablet that'd make a protocol droid blush. Ash grinned. "Alright, let's do this," he said as the hovering transport moved through a now-open gate, silently, quietly, onto the loading dock. "Seventeen minutes," he said calmly as the door of the cargo vessel opened and he walked out, adjusting his tie and gesturing to the few men with him, including the new hires such as Ichor. "If it looks valuable, grab it, and be quiet. I'm going to patch into their inventory logs and see if I can find anything...juicy," the droid said with a nod, tinkering further on his datapad. It was good to be a damn good slicer.

He scrolled through the inventory, hoping to find his prize before the firewalls caught wind of his worm. He knew that the one special good he was looking for was somewhere in this manifest....but honestly, if he could get his hands on it, the rest of the money in this venture would be immaterial in comparison. If this Goto had half of what he claimed, this score could be enough to put Ash back in the game. Wouldn't that be something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom