Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little slice of Heaven

2zh04qs.jpg

Anastasia sat curled up on her couch with a datapad in her hands. She was supposed to be relaxing but she couldn't help but work from home. On top of the running the company Ana was interested in what it supported. Some of the proceeds when to anti-slavery measures. If she could help liberate the slaves Ana wanted to. It was an issue which was close to her heart.

Since getting involved with this company the time she got to spend with her boyfriend was slim which was something Ana didn't like at all which was why she invited him over for the weekend. He could finally see her place and she could show him her place of employment.

Even though she was expecting company Ana chose to keep her comfy pj pants and t-shirt on. Hopefully [member="Cryax Bane"] wouldn't mine. She did at least clean up for him and bake cupcakes so that was something.

In front of Ana's little cottage was the start of a little flower garden. Once the weather changed she planned to plant flowers and maybe some vegetable. The cottage itself was planted in the middle of one of Mandalore's many forests away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Ana hoped he would be able to find it. If not, he had her number.

Upon arriving at Anastasia's cottage, Cryax decided to surprise his girlfriend with a bouquet of rare Alparas flowers. Not only did he genuinely enjoying seeing her eyes light up, but the slicer also had the ulterior motive of attempting to placate any hard feelings she'd have about the bad things he'd been doing lately, especially his actions against the Jedi Order.

He didn't stop to psychoanalyze exactly why he'd been headed down a darker path lately. His reasons were mostly practical. With Lysle off in the Fringe, he'd been asked to step up and take control of bigger, higher-profile, and therefore deadlier operations. He had a whole slew of other Ravens depending on him to walk the walk, so he did.

Cryax knocked on the door of her adorable little witch cottage, holding the flowers behind his back. It felt strange to be in such a lush green place, amid the smell of a garden and away from the glittering neon lights of Antecedent, and he decided the serenity of the place was something he'd like to feel more of.

[member="Anastasia Rade"]

Cryax would hear a soft little bark coming from the other side of the door as Ana set the datapad down to go answer the door. The noise came from none other than the witch's little gray and white wolf pup. Ghost tended to get excited and overprotective around new people. It was cute as he was a harmless little ball of fluff.

"Cyar'ika," she smiled as she opened the door. Ana knew her place was different than city life but she enjoyed it for the peace and quite. "I'm glad you found it. I hope you didn't get too lost on your way. I know it's hard to find. Come on in! I'll give you the grand tour."

As Ana went to hug and kiss him she noticed his hands were behind his back. "What's behind your back?" She questioned trying to sneak a peek of what he had brought. Perhaps a present for her?

All the while Ghost was at her feet yapping away but she ignored the little wolf pup for now. He was behaving himself rather well. She had been worried he was going to attack Cryax but he didn't.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

"Hey there, little guy." Cryax laughed, and reached down with one free hand to let the wolf pup learn his scent. Then he revealed the bouquet of flowers. "For you, darling. Alparas flowers. They only bloom once in every hundred years. Not only are they beautiful but they're incredibly rare, just like you." Cryax held her cheek, tilting his head in for a kiss.

The young slicer slowly looked around the room, scanning the details with his glowing red eyes. "Your cottage is quite a place. It's so quiet and serene. I'm not used to it." He laughed. "I'm almost expecting some angry Mandalorians to come bursting through the window at any moment, ready to play Hunt The Chiss." He was jokingly referring of course to their invasion of Balab I, where they had fought against members of Anastasia's aliit.

"I would love a tour, ch'eo ch'acah."

Her face lit up as he revealed a bouquet of beautiful flowers of all different colors. Taking them from him Ana lifted them up to her nose to smell them. Thank you, they are beautiful." She smiled leaning forward to kiss him. He was really the sweetest boyfriend ever.

"That's kind of why I picked it. I love how serene and out of the way it is. Don't get me wrong I love the city but sometimes I want some peace and quite." She could only shake her head at his last comment. Ana wasn't too pleased about any of what they had done and she was going to need to talk to them.

Taking his hand she lead him into her home. The living room was of a modest size decorated with a few things along with having a holotv, couch, and a coffee table which had on it a cup of water and her datapad. "Make yourself at home. I'm going to put these in water." Closing the door behind them she went to the kitchen only to come back with a glass full of water with the flowers in it.

"I'm surprised Ghost is being so friendly. Normally he's jumper around visitors but than again I never have any. Can I get you anything to eat or drink?"

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Grinning at Anastasia, Cryax bent to ruffle the wolf pup's fur and pat its belly. He enjoyed seeing her happy and relaxed, especially after all the tense situations they'd been in lately. It reminded him of their first night on Antecedent. "I'd love a Corellian ale if you have it dear," he said. "But first..." He suddenly took her in his arms and placed her gently down on her couch, climbing on top of her to cover her neck and shoulders with kisses. "I had to do that." The Chiss smiled and flopped down on the couch next to her.

"We can do more of that later, but first I want to hear all about your new job."

"It's wonderful," she smiled giving him a kiss on the cheek as she got up to get them both some Corellian ale from the fridge. There was a lot to tell him about what she had been working on. There were of course company secrets but she knew he understood.

Handing him a bottle she plopped down on the couch next to him. "I manage a medical supply company. We are working on innovative medical supplies and drugs. I go to a lot of meetings and it's a lot of work but it's nice to have something of my own." Smiling she took a sip of her beer. Ana really enjoyed what she was doing even if it took up a lot of her time but she could juggle everything and maybe work from home at times.

"So, how are things on your end?" They got into tons of trouble together but she wondered what he did when she wasn't there?

As they talked Ghost somehow managed to squeeze between them. Ana for the moment let him be and began petting him.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Cryax grinned and reached up to stroke Anastasia's cheek with one blue-skinned hand. "It sounds like a good fit for you, darling. And I'd love to visit your office sometime. Especially if it means we can do some naughty things on your desk." He raised his eyebrow playfully and gave her another kiss.

"Things are good on my end. Not much to report." He looked down at his hands, which suddenly became very interesting. Cryax was a bad liar and he was having a hard time keeping things from someone he cared about and who cared so much about him. He grinned at Ana sheepishly. "Ok, that's not exactly true. The job's gotten more stressful lately. With Lysle off on business in the Fringe, I'm being expected to lead more dangerous missions. Some of them involving the Jedi." Once the Chiss started spilling everything, it was hard to stop. "And It's also bothering me that I feel completely unwelcome here on Mandalore. Not by you of, course, but I feel that because I'm an alien, I'll never really be accepted into your aliit."

"Im sorry, love, I don't mean to dump all my crap on you right now."

"Since you showed me your office it's only fair I show you mine." She planned on moving closer to the business so that she could do more work with them. It was hard to pull the trigger and completely move from this place. Ana would be happy to invite him to her office and perhaps he could help her find something.

Ana hadn't expected a whirlwind of concerns come out when she asked how he was. She was glad though that he felt as if he could talk to her about his problems. "There is no need to be sorry sweetheart. I'm here to listen and help if I can." The whole Jedi thing felt less important than the later thing that he spoke about. Ana planned to tackle one thing at a time. She could relate to not feeling like she belonged. There were times she still felt that way.

Reaching to take his hand she gave it a light squeeze. It hurt her that he wasn't getting the warm welcome here that she had wanted. It didn't help that they had also shot at him. "I hate that you don't feel welcomed here," she stated quietly. She almost felt as if the Mando's were disrespecting her by not accepting him. She knew some were jealous and others thought he was not worthy of her. Couldn't they just let it go?

"Is there anything I can do?" She didn't know if a party would help or maybe him accompanying them on a mission. She knew Az liked him but he had met him, maybe that was part of the problem. She wouldn't say it but her trust had been shaken by the invasion.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Cryax sipped his beer and absently picked at the label. "That's very sweet of you, babe, but I'm not sure if there's anything you can do. I don't want to force my presence on your aliit. That might make them resent me even more." The young Chiss thought about it a bit more. "I suppose maybe if I could sit down and meet more of them one-on-one, like we did with your brother. That might help. At least it couldn't hurt, right?"

He shrugged and ran his fingers through his blue-black hair. "With my species staying on Csilla for millennium they brought secrecy and exclusion on themselves as a culture. They even have their own slurs for fair-haired humans, moactan teel. It's not meant as a compliment. I guess what I'm trying to say is that in a way I understand why I'm being treated like an outsider. Then again I'm not like most Chiss." Then he smiled at her, and tilted his head in to give her a long, lingering kiss.

"What else have you been doing with yourself, cyar'ika?" Cryax made sure he used extra care to pronounce the Mando'a term of endearment correctly. "Besides working?"

There was a reason she lived in the woods. In a way she was still considered an outsider. She didn't like thinking that Azrael was the only reason that she was tolerated but lately she was beginning to think so. "I could try setting something up." Ana sadly couldn't guarantee anyone would be interested.

Sighing she leaned her head against his shoulder. The things she had been up to besides work were not pleasant. My elder step-brother found me. He apparently wiped himself off the map so nobody could know what he did. He was used as a tool by the Graug to do their bidding. It's why we couldn't find him We went on an adventure of sorts and he gave me my mother's lightsaber. There is a part of me that wants to learn to use it. That wants to be a Jedi like her but not with the Republic. I know that there are other orders. It's just a thought really."

She wished that Graxin would have been more supportive but he wasn't or she would have invited Cryax to meet him.

"So, tell me more about these dangerous missions involving Jedi, sweetheart. Also your Mandalorian is quite good. " She smiled picking her head up and leaning forward for a kiss.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Cryax looked at Anastasia inquisitively when she told him about her step-brother. "So this step-brother of yours. What's he like? And would he want to meet me?"

As she leaned her head on his shoulder, he gently stroked her hair with his thin blue fingers. "Thanks, babe, I've been practicing a little Mando'a just for you, ch'eo ch'acah. I don't know much of it yet, but I'm going to start with the dirty words and work my way up." He grinned at her playfully.

When Ana asked him about the Jedi missions, he let out a very long sigh. "The Ravens have been planning to hit a Jedi bank on Anaxes, and they want me to do the slicing. I didn't want to tell you because of your mother, of course. But I don't see this as much more than just another job, really. If we can pull this off, we can fund some stealth ships that a partner of ours is helping us develop." Then he looked at her with a furrowed brow, trying to gauge her reaction, and hoping that the direction he'd noticeably been heading in lately didn't upset her too much.

Her family was a painful subject. Her two elder brothers seemingly didn't want anything to do with her. Graxin at first she thought he was different but after leaving her at the palace it just seemed more of the same. Sighing a hand slipped around her bottle as she brought it up to take a swig. "He's a Jedi of the Republic and wanted to train me but the Republic isn't for me." She paused with another long sigh. "I'm unsure he even wants to see me anymore. I do want to reach out to him at some point." Ana didn't know or understand what she did wrong. It broke her heart that the family she did have living didn't care about her.

The Mando she knew to not be so Republic friendly so that didn't much bother her. He was part of a criminal organization, so she knew stuff like this was coming. "Business is business, isn't it? You'll be careful, right?" She lifted her head up and lightly kissed him on the check. Ana was worried about him and these dangerous missions. Leaning her head back on his shoulder her hand went to find his to hold intertwining her fingers with his.

"The only issue that really gets me is slavery. Do the Ravens have a stance on that? You could steal from them. I have a few leads on where to find a few nasty ones."

[member="Cryax Bane"]

Cryax noticed with a frown that Ana didn't answer his question about his meeting her step-brother. He deduced that it meant the step-brother probably didn't like him either. The reason could have something to do with his affiliation with the Red Ravens, but the Chiss suspected it was more his skin color and glowing red eyes. The Mandalorians obviously didn't want to see one of their own with an blue-skinned alien. The thought of it made him want to smash his beer bottle against the wall, but he just sipped it quietly.

With a weak smile, he turned to Ana and reassured her, squeezing her tightly. "I'll be careful. You know I always am." That wasn't exactly true. Sometimes Cryax was just flying by the seat of his pants on these missions. His youth and inexperience usually made for a dangerous combination.

At her last question, he scratched his chin absently. "I think the Ravens have a neutral stance on slavers. We probably make some deals with 'em but we don't ask questions." Cryax himself detested slavery. "You know how I feel about slavery, babe. I mean, I feel like even the droids should be freed." When she suggested stealing from them, he grinned. "I like the idea of stealing from slavers better than stealing from the Jedi. Tell me more about these leads."

Slipping one of her hands out of his she went to grab her datapad to pull up the information that she did have. It wasn't much and most of what she had on the slavers of Corrida were rumors anyway. It was enough however for her to want to check it out more. "There isn't much evidence but there are bits and pieces. I figure it's enough to check out." Ana had a feeling her partner in crime would want to check it out with her.

"My brothers, don't want anything to do with me. My step-brother abandoned me at Graug palace while my brother flat out rejected me. My family isn't interested in catching up or getting to know me. They don't wish to be apart of my life." She quietly stated as she went to take his other hand. Turning herself slightly so she was facing him she could look him in the eyes. "You on the other hand do want to be apart of my life, you get me. You don't shoot at me or reject me the way the rest of the galaxy seems to. Your protective, sweet, kind, caring and I'm lucky to have met someone as special as you." Dropping one of his hands she reached up to lightly caress his cheek. "I love you, Cryax. She smiled as she leaned forward to give him a long lingering passionate kiss. There were times she wished to just run away with him. She was never good with her feelings but she wanted him to know how much he meant to her.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

As his red eyes scanned Ana's Datapad, Cryax smiled. "Corrida, eh? I say we steal as much as we can from the mother-karkers. And why not go one step further and set some slaves free while we're at it? Maybe even let loose some of their droids?" The Chiss hated to see any sentient beings exploited, and he was in the mindset to help them if he could. If anything, freeing some slaves might help him personally atone for the crimes he'd committed during his time with the Red Ravens.

It broke his heart that Ana's family treated her the way they did. She'd done nothing but given them unconditional trust and they simply cast her aside. He was half-tempted to slice into their networks and send them both a very malicious computer virus, and that was just the tip of the iceberg. Cryax gazed into her eyes as he listened carefully to her words, their hands intertwined.

"I love you, too, Anastasia." he replied, suddenly realizing it was the first time he'd said it out loud to her. She was also the first woman he'd ever spoken those words to. Running his fingers softly through her hair, he eagerly returned her kiss, letting their lips meet for as long as she would let him.

Then he grinned and said, "I think we should start planning a trip to Corrida."

Cryax was the first person whom had ever reciprocated her love. Her heart was all a flutter over it. She knew he loved her by the way he acted around her but hearing the words was something different. He was the first man that she had ever said those words to.

"Yes, we do and I love the idea of freeing some droids and slaves while we are there. The plan is to take everything that's not tied down." She grinned at him. Ana knew they couldn't just storm the castle or else risk becoming a slave themselves. It would be best to get at organized as they could before hand.

"Do you think you could hack into the Noghri system and get blueprints? Details of their security system?" Ana admittedly was pretty excited about stealing from a bunch of slavers. She could help those in a similar situation as herself. It would be tricky but Ana was confident that they could pull it off. "Is this stuff we can easily gain access to? What do you think?" She would leave the slicing to him as that was his specialty plus she was terrible at anything but the basics when it came to the datapad. She could pick out the weapons to take and do light research.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

"Of course, cya'rika. That's an easy slice," he said with a crooked grin. "I don't know if I can do it remotely, but once we're in the Nogrhi system, I'll have a better idea. We might even be able to do some of the theft without even setting foot in their stronghold. We could easily reroute some of their supplies to docking bays that we send Raven teams to take control of. The harder part is going to be the part that comes afterwards. Actually freeing the slaves."

At the sudden memory of how wrong things went during the Makeb operation, Cryax searched Anastasia's eyes with a furrowed brow. "I don't know if I could forgive myself if you got captured again because of me. Makeb was a close call. Too close for comfort."

Ana nodded realizing that he was right. Getting all of those people out was going to be the trickiest part. They would be as she had been weak, confused and scared. Even if they were able to free the slaves where would they go? Ana remembered how lost she had been at first. Saving all the slaves was a noble venture but it was harder than it sounded.

What had happened before had not been his fault. She had gone in order to keep Cryax alive. Ana would have never let it go so far as to actually marry the man. She would never allow him to touch her.

"I know but we have learned from that. It's worth the risk if we can give even one slave freedom. Perhaps we should have different duties. You go one way and I go the other type thing. We shouldn't do it on our own of course and we should have a place where the slaves can go." They couldn't just set them free and be done with them. Ana could remember how broken that she had been when she had first been rescued.

[member="Cryax Bane"]

As they talked, Anastasia's wolf pup had made itself comfortable on Cryax's lap and he absently petted the creature as he listened to Ana's plan. When she finished, his Datapad pinged softly and the Chiss had a moment where he nearly decided to just ignore it or switch it off. Work could wait. But something told him that it wasn't work-related and so with an irritated sigh, he said, "One moment, love."

As he scanned the message, his brows furrowed. The news wasn't good. He flicked off the message and set his Datapad down on the table, visibly upset. Something had happened to Keira Ticon, who was not only Colap's sister, but also one of Cryax's friends. The woman was responsible for saving him from a bounty hunter in a tense standoff in his office at the casino a story he still hadn't gotten a chance to tell Ana yet.

"That was Ravens security. It seems that Keira Ticon hasn't been seen anywhere in a few days. She hasn't shown up to work or turned up anywhere on Antecedent or any other Raven territories. They think something bad's happened to her." He ran his fingers through his hair worriedly. "I think we should go looking for her."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom